PDA

View Full Version : Fix revenge. Activation should be instant.

Mtcmnkk
02-06-2018, 02:35 AM
This might be long, this pp can be skipped... Lil back story. For me this game is most frustrating when you are completely helpless and you die from a gank of enemies. It is easily the most frustrating experience I've had playing video games in a while... Honestly probably ever. One of the games I played growing up was dynasty warriors. I loved it but I thought it was missing something and you guys made it. I enjoy the core of this game so much I'm still playing knowing it will get better if Ubi keeps working on it. We know you are and thank you, if you don't continue go shove expletive blank blank blank expletive expletive.

Game still needs work in both 4v4 and duels. Imo ganking is the main problem plaguing 4v4's. I do not think it's a character problem I like that these characters have these moves. I am not at all calling to remove any move I use in examples. At least half the time I die in a helpless gank I was at either half health or had revenge, unable to active it, before I die. I'm starting more and more to just turn the freaking console off. Literally just finished a match (didn't quit), holding my own against shaman and bushi. I have over half health when a raider stampedes from nowhere, I gain revenge as soon as raider picks me up. Hello Mr. Wall, raiders knee, his friends heavy. Goodnight Sleep tight Shoulda kept ur b hole tight.
The shaman's was fixed. All others need either similar fixing or revenge needs a change

Titanodragon
02-06-2018, 05:32 AM
I have to mash my button and even then it takes a couple seconds to pop

Jiblet2017
02-06-2018, 04:40 PM
This might be long, this pp can be skipped... Lil back story. For me this game is most frustrating when you are completely helpless and you die from a gank of enemies. It is easily the most frustrating experience I've had playing video games in a while... Honestly probably ever. One of the games I played growing up was dynasty warriors. I loved it but I thought it was missing something and you guys made it. I enjoy the core of this game so much I'm still playing knowing it will get better if Ubi keeps working on it. We know you are and thank you, if you don't continue go shove expletive blank blank blank expletive expletive.

Game still needs work in both 4v4 and duels. Imo ganking is the main problem plaguing 4v4's. I do not think it's a character problem I like that these characters have these moves. I am not at all calling to remove any move I use in examples. At least half the time I die in a helpless gank I was at either half health or had revenge, unable to active it, before I die. I'm starting more and more to just turn the freaking console off. Literally just finished a match (didn't quit), holding my own against shaman and bushi. I have over half health when a raider stampedes from nowhere, I gain revenge as soon as raider picks me up. Hello Mr. Wall, raiders knee, his friends heavy. Goodnight Sleep tight Shoulda kept ur b hole tight.
The shaman's was fixed. All others need either similar fixing or revenge needs a change

It seems like this is less of a problem with revenge and more of a problem relating to how strong CC is in 4's. While CC (disables/bashes) are great and adds an interesting dimension to the game in duel and brawl - It really seems to degrade the quality of teamfights in 4's. It is much more manageable avoiding 1 or 2 characters' CC than 3-4.

I agree that there should be some mechanic that prevents CC spam's effectiveness in 3 4 v 1's (like a revenge activation breaking current cc or granting some form of cc effect reduction/immunity - similar to rebuff resistance's interaction with stun timing).

mrmistark
02-06-2018, 05:24 PM
I certainly agree. Raiders is the most notorious for not allowing activation. Itís utter trash honestly. I think revenge activation needs a slight rework in general for a couple reasons:

1. Obviously activation needs to be instant. Not even talk CC spam, there are many times when being in mid defense against a 2/3/4v 1 you still canít activate revenge.

2. Movement of revenge activation should be instant. By this I mean, no extended animation like it is now. If you know the timing, especially in a big gank situation, itís actually a free heavy right after the actual parry part of the animation. If you have more than 1 person who understands this window, it can instantly take your gained armor down a couple bars from the start. Make it parry window, then instantly be able to react. Non of this ďmy hands are up still please hit meĒ animation.

3. They say revenge reworks are coming (something about Ub not being parryable, I find this a horrible idea though unless they give every hero an UB), I hope they take it up a notch as currently it doesnít do all that much honestly. If youíre a faster character and are good at switching targets it can be strong, but otherwise, especially with the slower cast you better get the heck out of dodge.

For those who are the trollish ďsimple donít get ganked, itís your fault, stay with your team...blah blah blahĒ if you see the types of teammates you get on Xbox 4v4 youíd know 80% of the time this is impossible. They always scatter like roaches despite saying ďgroup upĒ while the premade team your facing slowly crushes your teammates. Your only bet is to follow someone and help them as best you can. Most of the time I can kill 2, then itís all up to my teamate if they can kill 2 and most of the time thatís a hard no, cause at that point I have virtually no health left.