PDA

View Full Version : Orders for Deathmatch

BlowHard74728
02-05-2018, 11:38 PM
I would honestly like for all orders for the deathmatch playlist to be gone. Every time there is an order to play in the deathmatch games i can not complete them because no one plays them. I hardly ever find a match even when i try to do PvAI. And frankly i cant stand deathmatch now that i cant choose between skirmish or elimination. Thats just my opinion

bob333e
02-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Always do these orders in PvAI with matchmaking set to off, and always remember to vote for a map before clicking 'rematch'. That's how I do it.

These orders, like 24 takedowns with an assassin/hybrid, or complete 10 matches in the deathmatch playlist, do help in powerleveling somewhat. It's way easier in PvAI, you don't worry about triggering a bot's feelings by constantly ledging and ganking them for quicker kills.

My own gripe is with the trophies. It was hard enough to get Elimination Master, now it's harder to get Skirmish Master. Literally can't find any PvP Skirmish lobby, and when I do, it disconnects with an error. Last time it worked was last month; I haven't tried again ever since. Been sticking to PvAI for these modes.

BlowHard74728
02-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Always do these orders in PvAI with matchmaking set to off, and always remember to vote for a map before clicking 'rematch'. That's how I do it.

These orders, like 24 takedowns with an assassin/hybrid, or complete 10 matches in the deathmatch playlist, do help in powerleveling somewhat. It's way easier in PvAI, you don't worry about triggering a bot's feelings by constantly ledging and ganking them for quicker kills.

My own gripe is with the trophies. It was hard enough to get Elimination Master, now it's harder to get Skirmish Master. Literally can't find any PvP Skirmish lobby, and when I do, it disconnects with an error. Last time it worked was last month; I haven't tried again ever since. Been sticking to PvAI for these modes.

I usually stick to the PvAI to complete some orders just cant find matches in it either but ill try it with matchmaking off

bob333e
02-06-2018, 01:52 AM
I usually stick to the PvAI to complete some orders just cant find matches in it either but ill try it with matchmaking off

When matchmaking is off, it's an instant lobby and game join. They're all bots, no human players will take their seats. It's a full-bot match till the end, much like you're playing 'offline'.

I do a lot more PvAI than I do PvP, only PvP I do is Duel and Brawl. The rest is PvAI (with matchmaking off). Until servers arrive anyway.

BlowHard74728
02-06-2018, 02:03 AM
PvAI is really good for quick completion of orders but i much more enjoy PvP it adds an extra level of spice to the game, people can change their game style more then bots due to not being wired a set way

bob333e
02-06-2018, 02:16 AM
Me too, I much prefer duelling humans than bots, however sadly only Duel and Brawl work fine with the current P2P architecture. 4v4s are a disconnect/error mess often. And other times it's unbearable choppiness/lag. I've managed only a few times to have decent Dominion and Elimination matches with other people. Can't build an entire impression based on just a few cases. But I liked these matches when they worked and stayed through till completion. It definitely spices up the 4v4 more.

For orders though, I strictly do PvAI. I don't want to waste time on matchmaking wait times and disconnects and errors.

Tyrjo
02-06-2018, 05:59 AM
They should increase the steel and XP gain on game modes which are low populated. Problem solved.

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Those game modes are unpopular for a reason though, I don't want to be forced into deathmatch modes because the payoff is better. Skirmish wasn't so bad it was just boring but Elimination was pretty cancerous, fast characters just bolt off the beginning to go grab powerups. Being slow is a huge disadvantage in that mode.

I agree the deathmatch orders should probably go, even the 20 tribute captures barely was completed, I don't know how its always very high population, no one I play with ever plays it. Like myself most people find the back and forth gameplay annoying. Maybe if they put a healing zone in the game mode it wouldn't be so bad.

bob333e
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Those game modes are unpopular for a reason though, I don't want to be forced into deathmatch modes because the payoff is better. Skirmish wasn't so bad it was just boring but Elimination was pretty cancerous, fast characters just bolt off the beginning to go grab powerups. Being slow is a huge disadvantage in that mode.

I agree the deathmatch orders should probably go, even the 20 tribute captures barely was completed, I don't know how its always very high population, no one I play with ever plays it. Like myself most people find the back and forth gameplay annoying. Maybe if they put a healing zone in the game mode it wouldn't be so bad.

Actually, they should remove those powerups in Elimination. We have them in Skirmish; we don't need them in a combative 4v4 (2 brawls together). Also, they should negate feats in Elimination. So essentially, Elimination becomes 2 brawls together, with gear stats. And in larger maps. I think it's much better that way.

Skirmish, to me, is the most brain-dead mode. It's literally about ganking and using feats and powerups.

Whenever I get a deathmatch order, I do it strictly in PvAI, I don't want to waste time waiting for a lobby, or risking a mid-match disconnect/error. These orders are nice because they usually pack 1250XP and 1500XP, so it's a nice 'powerleveling pill'.