PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Space

SWalli799
02-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Because a big part of Beyond Good and Evil will take place in space what do you want to happen there? Here are some Ideas I was thinking about

• Meeting other ships: For example meeting a space trader with his ship from whom you can buy special/illegal stuff for your ship.
• Beeing attacked by other pirates or chased by police/government.
• Find animals like the space-whale from BGE1
• Getting surprised by an asteroid storm or fly into it to escape from pursuers. Nice would be if there are asteroid you can destroy and others you have to avoid by flying out of their way.
• Space stations: I think this idea was already mentioned. Like a hideout for pirates. What I would like to see is a government or pirate space fortress somewhere. In the early game you would be able to deliver something to that fortress to earn money. And you would see how strong armed this space station is. Later when you have a big ship you would be able to take over the space station to get special equipment.
• Treasures: Finding treasures how we have seen in the trailer
• If the DomZ are already in the world of BGE2 it would be nice to getting chased by that giant DomZ snake(don’t remember the exact name)
• Boarding other ships or getting boarded by other pirates. In both cases you have to fight with your Crew inside the ships.
• Space trash: Collect space trash around planets to earn money or find wracked ships gliding through space.

What would you like to happen in space?

Ganet2
02-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Given the looks of the cannons on the current mothership shown it looks like broadsides are likely to be a thing.

I was thinking personally a spacecraft that can pierce the hull of an enemy ship or even players with a boarding party. Maybe after a proper scan of the ship so one knows where the hallways for proper accuracy in boarding so you don't accidentally hit a fuel line and explode with the enemy or hit a far too heavily armoured section of a ship.

I suppose I'd like to see the use of space suits a bit... especially when going down onto say asteroids or moons if there's a wreck there or distress signal for finding a companion or stranded player?

All thoughts. I mean I know some likely couldn't work. Heh.

SWalli799
02-08-2018, 04:42 PM
I like the idea of space suits and beeing able to get outside your ship in space. It would be great if you can also feel the difference of gravity when you move arround on a planet or if you are in space outside your ship.

DevilmanSinner
02-12-2018, 03:10 AM
I don't necessarily want the incredible amount of minigame options like in a Yakuza (specifically 0 and 6) game. But having lots of options does help me believe the life in the cities, towns, and stations I'm playing in and around.

Coolest options to me:
Chess - which began in India
Go - not othello, straight up actual, you have to learn to play it Go
Pallanghuzi - essentially a southeast Asian version of mancala
Mah Jongg - card or tile version or some futuristic (three or four??? dimensional version)
Pachisi - Indian game that inspired parcheesi and Sorry!

Do any of you have suggestions for other traditional southeast Asian games? That could be included as minigames?

What are you guys' favourite video game minigames? One of mine is Dice Poker from the Witcher 2. Gwent from TW3 was so well received that it stands on its own as a fully fledged game. Do you want this team to make something original yet fully realized and complex?

I think it would be hilarious for Ubisoft to include a small, arcade version of one of its own games as a minigame (AC Chronicles levels, Outland).

SWalli799
02-12-2018, 11:09 PM
Another thing that has to be in a space pirate game is the possibility of raiding other ships and stealing their freight. There can be single ships but also whole convoys. These convoys can be defended by other ships.

I can imagine different ways how to take over a guarded convoy. One way would be to attack frontal with the power of your ship. The other way I have in mind is to distract the guarding ships with the fast Dock Fighter we have seen in the in-game Demo with Michel Ancel. After leading away some guarding ships we can take over the convoy easier.

The freight we get could be money, special equipment or new crew members. For example the defeated convoy was a prisoner transport and the guy we freed wants to join our crew.

I also have a side quest in mind. In this quest you try to steal freight from a small ship. But when you came close to fight it, the small ship speeds up far beyond the power of your own engine and escapes. You will meet this ship again a few times on several places in the solar system. But you will never be able to catch it. Only after you got a legendary engine you will be able to reach the small ship and solve the secret it is hiding.

ElPrimordial
02-13-2018, 08:16 PM
I don't necessarily want the incredible amount of minigame options like in a Yakuza (specifically 0 and 6) game. But having lots of options does help me believe the life in the cities, towns, and stations I'm playing in and around.

Coolest options to me:
Chess - which began in India
Go - not othello, straight up actual, you have to learn to play it Go
Pallanghuzi - essentially a southeast Asian version of mancala
Mah Jongg - card or tile version or some futuristic (three or four??? dimensional version)
Pachisi - Indian game that inspired parcheesi and Sorry!

Do any of you have suggestions for other traditional southeast Asian games? That could be included as minigames?

What are you guys' favourite video game minigames? One of mine is Dice Poker from the Witcher 2. Gwent from TW3 was so well received that it stands on its own as a fully fledged game. Do you want this team to make something original yet fully realized and complex?

I think it would be hilarious for Ubisoft to include a small, arcade version of one of its own games as a minigame (AC Chronicles levels, Outland).

Really good ideas, I like them, although would be even better have original minigames and maybe the best as a standalone app for smartphones.
It would have been neat played Pallet game or Yo Pearl in my phone.

So_sly_354
02-20-2018, 04:05 AM
I want to be able to attack other ships not just other player's ships but what about merchant ships and army vesseli mean we are pirates right, other than that I would love to see space animals like that whale from bge 1 that and maybe just maybe a small taste of colonisation, by that I mean like you could colonize small parts on planets or maybe even on astroids, that and maybe you could raid space colony's and get loot and crew members. Please see this message.