PDA

View Full Version : Afk in game.

JFUHD
02-05-2018, 03:28 AM
So lately I play with lots of afk people in my team. I play via steam, if I report them for grieving will they have any consequences?

Tundra 793
02-05-2018, 03:47 AM
Yes, there are consequences, but they're not instant. There's a human element to verifying those reports though, so we gotta wait for that guy to read through all the reports, and dole out punishments.

We also aren't supposed to name-and-shame on the forum, so you should probably edit out the guys name.

SangLong524
02-05-2018, 04:18 AM
For a few months I didn't see any AFK-ers. Then they are are back like a plague in recent weeks. Lunar new year is coming. So I suppose a lot of people get more free time?
Try to get a video proof. I suppose that is the best u can do. Done it twice with unknown degree of effectiveness. Ubi settles these behind close door. It's all very hush hush. It's a bother to be part of ubi's cheating surveillance.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Hey JFUHD,

We're actually looking into making changes to the way we handle AFK Farmers. During Season 5, we'll introduce a new reporting system that will allow you to be more specific about the case at hand, with AFK farming being one of the options. Once we have evidence that players are doing this, we'll be able to easily take action.

Apologies that you have to encounter these players, but we're doing our best to improve the way this is handled in the future so that we can keep the game a fun and fair place to play.

All the best,

Jim.

JFUHD
02-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Yes, there are consequences, but they're not instant. There's a human element to verifying those reports though, so we gotta wait for that guy to read through all the reports, and dole out punishments.

We also aren't supposed to name-and-shame on the forum, so you should probably edit out the guys name.

Name deleted, :)

JFUHD
02-05-2018, 12:21 PM
For a few months I didn't see any AFK-ers. Then they are are back like a plague in recent weeks. Lunar new year is coming. So I suppose a lot of people get more free time?
Try to get a video proof. I suppose that is the best u can do. Done it twice with unknown degree of effectiveness. Ubi settles these behind close door. It's all very hush hush. It's a bother to be part of ubi's cheating surveillance.

just reporting them is okay i guess, video proof is too much just for someone who afks. If you get to play with a hacker, then video proof is all you need. That is my opinion

The_B0G_
02-05-2018, 03:05 PM
just reporting them is okay i guess, video proof is too much just for someone who afks. If you get to play with a hacker, then video proof is all you need. That is my opinion

Once season 5 hits it won't be an issue for long. They are skipping the first strike which was a day or two suspension and going straight to second offense punishments which I think are 3 week suspensions, they said they will also look into suspending multiple accounts linked to the same IP and resetting accounts of repeat offenders.

You_Stink99
02-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Silly question... What's AFK farming?

Have seen complaints, and heard it referenced in the Den

Thanks

EvoX.
02-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Silly question... What's AFK farming?

Have seen complaints, and heard it referenced in the Den

Thanks

You can que up for any type of match (most commonly Tribute or Dominion vs AI) while having your controller's buttons taped so that it repeats the same action for your hero, bypassing the AFK time out if your character doesn't do anything. With that, you can just about do anything else while your PC is on, and since everything else is automated you get XP and Steel for doing nothing.

Can't wait to be able to properly report them.