PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream about the Conqueror...

Aidames
02-04-2018, 06:17 PM
... and no, it wasn't a wet one.

A little background: I only play Conqueror. Well, played. I log on every couple of weeks or so, but since the Conqueror wasn't/isn't the most effective Hero in most fights (on an offensive level), I haven't really played much. I really, really want to, but there is no incentive. Until the Season 5 announcement happened.

Now I'm actually really looking forward to pick the game up and re-learn to use my trusty flail (I purchased one in real life, purely because this game had such an impact on me) and bash people in the groin, repeatedly.
Apparently, my sub-conscious is so excited that I had a dream about one of the Conqueror's "new features": TANK MODE!!!
It was one of the most amazing things ever. When you entered tank mode, the game switched to a first person view as you held your shield up and peeked out through the little mail-slot. It functioned pretty much like the Full Block Stance, except in my dream a whole friggin' army of minions and players were bashing you continuously and you could take the beating for over 20-30 seconds. It also felt like you were protected from backstabs as well. Man, the atmosphere of that fight was crazy good.

I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the real changes, but holy heck, I woke up ready to rip heads off!!! :)

That's it, just wanted to share. Carry on! RAH!!!

Halvtand
02-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Take a look at war of the roses. Have fun!

Ubi-Boat
02-04-2018, 09:43 PM
It's awesome to see that you're that excited about the Conqueror changes that are coming. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the changes and are able to Conqueror main to your heart's content. Thank you for the support and for sharing your dream with us.

(P.S.) Your dream sounded pretty awesome if I do say so myself!

Card1acArrest
02-04-2018, 10:09 PM
he is so weak...

I got a rep 9 valkyre who i like to play, played conq now to rep 3... he just cant pull of good damage over time or at all
(i am not good with the charged attack yet i have to say that).

i switched to level 10 gladiator now (rep 0), and i score 2-3 times as many kills with him.

Conq is just a joke now. so i hope Ubi get it right, fingers crossed!!

The_B0G_
02-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Take a look at war of the roses. Have fun!

Isn't war of roses abandoned now? Are you thinking of Chivalry? That game has flail and shield combo, once you hit level 20 you get thrown in with all the veterens though and the game isn't nearly as fun because of the way they play.

PDXGorechild
02-05-2018, 03:54 PM
... and no, it wasn't a wet one.

A little background: I only play Conqueror. Well, played. I log on every couple of weeks or so, but since the Conqueror wasn't/isn't the most effective Hero in most fights (on an offensive level), I haven't really played much. I really, really want to, but there is no incentive. Until the Season 5 announcement happened.

Now I'm actually really looking forward to pick the game up and re-learn to use my trusty flail (I purchased one in real life, purely because this game had such an impact on me) and bash people in the groin, repeatedly.
Apparently, my sub-conscious is so excited that I had a dream about one of the Conqueror's "new features": TANK MODE!!!
It was one of the most amazing things ever. When you entered tank mode, the game switched to a first person view as you held your shield up and peeked out through the little mail-slot. It functioned pretty much like the Full Block Stance, except in my dream a whole friggin' army of minions and players were bashing you continuously and you could take the beating for over 20-30 seconds. It also felt like you were protected from backstabs as well. Man, the atmosphere of that fight was crazy good.

I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the real changes, but holy heck, I woke up ready to rip heads off!!! :)

That's it, just wanted to share. Carry on! RAH!!!

Haha dude, I feel ya. I'm the same with Berserker. I try and play other classes but just can't get on with them. I also bought a pair of hand axes at a medieval festival due to my obsession :rolleyes:

The next patch is the most pivotal and important for players like us. I sincerely hope our loyalty pays off and all the classes getting reworked get what they deserve.

The_B0G_
02-05-2018, 03:59 PM
I might give the conq some more attention myself, I'll be playing HL and him mostly. Always loved the flail in medieval movies and games, such a bada** weapon.

swiss_soldier_1
02-05-2018, 07:38 PM
I love conqueror and the flail too, he's too badass. Hope his rework will make him powerful! Best character!

Halvtand
02-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Isn't war of roses abandoned now? Are you thinking of Chivalry? That game has flail and shield combo, once you hit level 20 you get thrown in with all the veterens though and the game isn't nearly as fun because of the way they play.

It might be abandoned, but still very much playable. Not like the teams other game war of the vikings which failed almost spectacularly.

Aidames
02-06-2018, 05:01 AM
Thanks, Boat! Hopefully the changes will really help the Conqueror, he needs it desperately!

Gorechild: Haha, it's good to know that I'm not the only weirdo who purchases medieval stuff because of a game! :))) Everybody keeps telling me that the flail would serve as a badass home defense tool, lol! You should post a picture of the axes, I'd be interested to see them! I'm also hoping that the Berserker rework will be to your liking!

Halvtand: I thought that game was closed almost a year ago, including the backend and the anti-cheat stuff that was required to run in order for the game to start :O