PDA

View Full Version : Ship items that buff ships around it.

Raydoovah
02-04-2018, 04:01 PM
It would be cool to have items that buff/interact with other ships when socketed into a ship.

1: Repair Crane.
All ships within X meters get repaired. Acts like a mobile repair crane.

2: Fleet Admiral.
All ships within X meters get +% attack power or +% attack range or +storage/speed or whatever really.

These ships would have an icon above them, visible to everyone. That way the enemy could focus the buff-ship and reduce the power of the enemy fleet.

stylisticsagi
02-05-2018, 11:21 AM
chances are very high we will see these

iruet
02-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Sounds nice ^^

But repairing from a distance sounds a bit unrealistic to me... Maybe the ships have to dock next to that ship to get repaired?

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 05:59 PM
This idea bring to my head idea how StarCraft 2 works :D

There is sort of shield unit which is good to be destroyed first and after that other units take more damage.

But I don't understand how other ships would get faster or get better attack range just because you have Fleet Admiral ship around??

AgmasGold
02-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Yeah, repairing from a distance doesn't really make much sense. Attack range I can't really see making sense either, but things like faster ships do make sense - skilled sailors can tack more effectively (I believe its called tacking), and thus travel more quickly. Maybe the Admiral can help the less experienced sailors, resulting in a speed boost overall.

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Yeah, repairing from a distance doesn't really make much sense. Attack range I can't really see making sense either, but things like faster ships do make sense - skilled sailors can tack more effectively (I believe its called tacking), and thus travel more quickly. Maybe the Admiral can help the less experienced sailors, resulting in a speed boost overall.

But Admiral is in one ship and other sailors are in other ships, how he help them remotely?

And if ship with Fleet Admiral go down, how they suddendly lose their skills they had with admiral?

AgmasGold
02-05-2018, 09:44 PM
I'm not sure. Loud shouting? Semaphore? Smoke Signals? Morse Code using lanterns? I guess this falls under the truth or fiction (https://www.anno-union.com/en/devblog-truth-or-fiction/) DevBlog. It would be good for gameplay reasons, even if it doesn't 100% work in reality.

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure. Loud shouting? Semaphore? Smoke Signals? Morse Code using lanterns? I guess this falls under the truth or fiction (https://www.anno-union.com/en/devblog-truth-or-fiction/) DevBlog. It would be good for gameplay reasons, even if it doesn't 100% work in reality.

Yeah there is truth and fiction mixed, but I was refering to your sentence that: "Yeah, repairing from a distance doesn't really make much sense"

and point out that second idea doesn't make either, realistic wise speaking. I just write it little shortly.

I have nothing against it if Ubisoft want to add this to game, it just look little bit different kind of fiction than other fictional things in Anno.