PDA

View Full Version : What is your go to?

mrmistark
02-04-2018, 01:50 AM
Hey friends,

So I have kind of become a robot when picking gear stats for my characters and today started thinking more about it.

Iíve kind of just slapped the same stats on every character:

Helm: exhaustion recovery (primary), def (secondary)
Chest: revenge def (primary), def (secondary)
Arms: cost reduction (primary), regen (secondary)
Weapon 1: def pen (primary), attack (secondary)
Weapon 2: attack (primary), execution health (secondary)
Weapon 2: attack (primary) revenge gain (secondary) or all positive stats

What stats do you apply? Why? And what are the exceptions that you apply different stats to characters for you, for instance, go with a pure revenge build, or all defense/attack ect?

bmason1000
02-04-2018, 10:23 AM
I think it depends on the character and how you play them. If you're a zone camping conq, you can probably skip execution completely between health on block feat and the zone camp. In fact, all characters capable of healing themselves through other means might consider that a throwaway stat.

If you're a super turtling shugoki, you probably don't need stam reduction or regen. Even with his heavy stamina costs you're doing enough standing still regenerating that you might not need it. Unlike zerks feint heavy and aggressive playstyle who needs all the stamina they can get.

LB can afford to go negative on defense for a piece or two because his health pool is exceptionally large.

I would take your playstyle and character in to account when making these decisions. What's actually useful to this one instead if just what sounds good.

I'm a zerk main that regularly runs alone and you and i have almost identical set ups. Aside from Atk/def are always the primary stats for me except for the two balanced pieces i run. I go negative on debuff because i don't give a s***, I'll play through that stuff. Though nail bomb is a 1 hit kill and that sucks. I have no heal feats so execution health is important. I go balanced on the one stamina piece because i need all three of those stats too badly to go negative on any. Also balanced on the atk/revenge atk/revenge gain piece for the same reason. Because I'm regularly alone, revenge is incredibly important and i refuse to go negative on attack ever. So, balanced.

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
For my Nobushi:

Helm = All positive stats - Defense (Primary) Exhaust Recov (Secondary)

Chest = Rev Def (Primary) Defense (Secondary) (Negative Duration because I like to spam Revenge when everyone decides they're coming for me while I'm on Minion Point)

Arms = all positive stats - Stam Cost Reduction (Primary) Stam Regen (Secondary)

Weapon 1: Attack (Primary) Defense Pen (Secondary)

Weapon 2: Attack (Primary) Revive speed (Secondary) I dont really care for execution health regen since Nobushi is a god on Minion point with the feat

Weapon 3: All Positive Stats - Rev Gain (Primary) Rev Atk (Secondary)

Basically the point of this build is to be in revenge, and utilize its activation parry as much as possible because as Nobushi on Minion Point, its often that the entire team will come after you.

swiss_soldier_1
02-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Do you guys really privilige Revenge Defence for the chest? I normally privilege Defense (primary) and Revenge Duration (secondary) and go negative for the Revenge Defence...
If I'm using an assassin I'll switch the importance between Def and Rev Duration though

mrmistark
02-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Do you guys really privilige Revenge Defence for the chest? I normally privilege Defense (primary) and Revenge Duration (secondary) and go negative for the Revenge Defence...
If I'm using an assassin I'll switch the importance between Def and Rev Duration though

The problem with defense is the stat defense penetration. The ubi team thought ďhow do we fix turtle meta? Get rid of defense!Ē But they didnít realize the less a character can take a hit, the less inclined theyíll be to be aggressive. Anyways though, thatís the main reason itís useless to invest in defense other than not allowing it to go negative.

Defense penetration basically negates the equivalent of defense, so if you had 10 defense, 10 defense penetration will completely negate your defense, however it canít make you go negative in defense. That being said, going for a positive defense is basically pointless as one stat negates your whole attempt at being a tank.

Thatís why no one really primaries defense stats and alternatively just try to make thier defense close to 0 so it wonít be negative but will allow you to make better use of the primary stat in your armor.

bmason1000
02-04-2018, 08:30 PM
If I'm using an assassin I'll switch the importance between Def and Rev Duration though def/atk is always my primary stat and i keep revenge duration as negative as it will go. I keep revenge gain high and run revenge attacks feat, the idea is to keep revenge mode very short but gain it quickly so you can activate more often. This gets you more auto parry knockdowns and refreshes the shield.

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 09:53 PM
def/atk is always my primary stat and i keep revenge duration as negative as it will go. I keep revenge gain high and run revenge attacks feat, the idea is to keep revenge mode very short but gain it quickly so you can activate more often. This gets you more auto parry knockdowns and refreshes the shield.

This, its especially important when playing Nobu on minion point.