PDA

View Full Version : Complaining about characters Vs Understanding Characters...

RenegadeTX2000
02-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Seriously lol, sometimes I wouldn't want to be a dev on here cause the amount of complaints is real. Instead of complaining why don't we just sit down and understand each individual character instead? Coming from FGC in general and actually winning and attending Tournaments myself I think we should all chill out and just learn each character. I've yet to see a post about how to beat certain characters or how each character operates.

I can help with each character and break down how characters truly work if you really need the help.

Instead of asking for nerfs and buffs how about we come together to solve the character instead? and the only character I can agree with is how good Shaman is. Yeah she's good but not as good as other characters from other series, she's extremely beatable and I actually don't mind her kit. It's her health that needs a nerf. Treat her like how Seth from SSF4 was... All the tools but low health, that's how you balance shaman.

But I'd like to discuss what you guys really struggle with and I'll have no problem breaking that character down for you depending on who you use against that character... Match ups aren't as bad as you guys make them out to be.

Aramusha, and Peacekeeper lights though, I can agree are hard to deal with. Using Highlander vs PK is no easy feat, have to be on point but with his new buffs I think it will still be PK advantage 55/45? but i'm not sure we will see. Highlanders Celtic curse cancel into offensive lights will be great vs Assassins in general, only time will tell.

Knight_Raime
02-04-2018, 12:08 AM
I believe i've done a beginners look with most dlc heros.
I know I did matchups for at least 2 of them.

Both fady and allustar want me to do a guide with shaman and i'm considering.
but i've been absorbed in monster hunter atm aha.

The_B0G_
02-04-2018, 12:30 AM
I've seen quite a few posts on people asking for help fighting other characters, you are right about the complaints though, most rage posts are out to lunch.

Cyricke
02-04-2018, 02:08 AM
I believe i've done a beginners look with most dlc heros.
I know I did matchups for at least 2 of them.

Both fady and allustar want me to do a guide with shaman and i'm considering.
but i've been absorbed in monster hunter atm aha.

You're that insecure that you feel the need to tell the guy who created this helpful thread that you've already done it and reference that others already are looking to you for this type of post? As if to assert ownership over the situation and shoo away the OP? To go as far as leaving an excuse as to why you haven't already created this thread?

You sir have a strong case of little man syndrome and shouldn't be trying to steal other's thunder.

Your quoted post literally translates to: "I already did this, the cool kids are waiting for me to do more lol." I'm aware I also didn't contribute to the thread but I couldn't resist calling out the guy who's desperate for attention.

swiss_soldier_1
02-04-2018, 02:19 AM
How to beat lawbringer?

The_B0G_
02-04-2018, 02:28 AM
How to beat lawbringer?

Bring a friend. Lol

ChampionRuby50g
02-04-2018, 08:45 AM
How to beat lawbringer?

Donít break the law.

If you play an Assassin, dodge attacks are very useful against LB as you can dodge the shove and attack, or dodge the light or even the GB if youíre quick enough and counter with a dodge attack. When fighting a block-shove spam happy LB, feinting your attacks could be a good way to open the LB up to whiff a GB, as they anticipate it connecting then press the GB (x on Xbox) prematurely.

If not, try to make use of your fastest attacks, as a lot of LBs come in quite slowly besides the top light. Youíll find that theyíll beat LBs in connecting sometimes. Parrying is currently tricky with LB due to him been out of potential range after a heavy, but this is going to change with the new parry mechanics coming soon so only thing I can say there is wait and see. Although LBs heavyís are slow attacks and not that difficult to parry, you just need to make a mental note of your current distance to the LB real quick before deciding on your parry punish.

Or, as B0G says, bring a friend. Or multiple friends.

Yoshimitsu_440
02-04-2018, 01:12 PM
How to beat orochi: block top and right, ez win.

Knight_Raime
02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
You're that insecure that you feel the need to tell the guy who created this helpful thread that you've already done it and reference that others already are looking to you for this type of post? As if to assert ownership over the situation and shoo away the OP? To go as far as leaving an excuse as to why you haven't already created this thread?

You sir have a strong case of little man syndrome and shouldn't be trying to steal other's thunder.

Your quoted post literally translates to: "I already did this, the cool kids are waiting for me to do more lol." I'm aware I also didn't contribute to the thread but I couldn't resist calling out the guy who's desperate for attention.

When I originally read the post it sounded like the guy was going along the lines of "we need guides and matchup info" and all I was trying to do was chime in saying i've done that stuff before and agree that we need more. I really don't get how any of my post speaks to insecurity. Also I wasn't trying to steal anything. As I explained already it sounded like he wanted the community to come together with this info.

Did you miss the part where he said "I've yet to see a post about how to beat certain characters or how each character operates?"
Because that's another reason why I mentioned what i've done.

finally. i'll give you some of your own medicine
Your post literally translates to: "I know my post doesn't contribute to the thread but I couldn't care less. I know this guy better than he knows him and I gotta make sure everyone else knows."
Your posts have literally been nothing but piles of salt and rage. But bashing the devs isn't enough for you anymore so you've had to resort to personal attacks in threads.

I am going to report this post and wash my hands of you. Have fun with life man.

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 02:57 PM
When I originally read the post it sounded like the guy was going along the lines of "we need guides and matchup info" and all I was trying to do was chime in saying i've done that stuff before and agree that we need more. I really don't get how any of my post speaks to insecurity. Also I wasn't trying to steal anything. As I explained already it sounded like he wanted the community to come together with this info.

Did you miss the part where he said "I've yet to see a post about how to beat certain characters or how each character operates?"
Because that's another reason why I mentioned what i've done.

finally. i'll give you some of your own medicine
Your post literally translates to: "I know my post doesn't contribute to the thread but I couldn't care less. I know this guy better than he knows him and I gotta make sure everyone else knows."
Your posts have literally been nothing but piles of salt and rage. But bashing the devs isn't enough for you anymore so you've had to resort to personal attacks in threads.

I am going to report this post and wash my hands of you. Have fun with life man.

Dont worry, your post doesnt give off bad vibes to me, hell you've helped me quite a bit with my struggles. I can finally 1v1 a Sham after way to long... though in a group fight (4v4 - Dominion) I still feel like you're at a Major disadvantage without her (Literally, every single match this season that I've played... If there was a Sham on one team, but not the other, the team with Shaman wins every time and Ive never seen the outcome be otherwise) So, cheers to season 5 and bringing our OG heroes up to her speed, and thanks to you for helping me 1v1 a Shaman and showing me shes not "LITERALLY UNBEATABLE BAB-GABBA-GABBA-GABBA!"

Knight_Raime
02-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Dont worry, your post doesnt give off bad vibes to me, hell you've helped me quite a bit with my struggles. I can finally 1v1 a Sham after way to long... though in a group fight (4v4 - Dominion) I still feel like you're at a Major disadvantage without her (Literally, every single match this season that I've played... If there was a Sham on one team, but not the other, the team with Shaman wins every time and Ive never seen the outcome be otherwise) So, cheers to season 5 and bringing our OG heroes up to her speed, and thanks to you for helping me 1v1 a Shaman and showing me shes not "LITERALLY UNBEATABLE BAB-GABBA-GABBA-GABBA!"

Yeah I watch a guy on youtube named faraam who does 4v4 montages where he beats out gankers and shaman consistently seems to be an issue. So I can totally see how shaman is a pain in 4v4.

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Yeah I watch a guy on youtube named faraam who does 4v4 montages where he beats out gankers and shaman consistently seems to be an issue. So I can totally see how shaman is a pain in 4v4.

Yeah, shes even worse when PK and Nobushi are with her -_- their synergy is so strong its ridiculous.

Protos_88
02-04-2018, 08:33 PM
I dont understend all dodge class, why ? they olway wait for dodge and easy dmg...

Ubi-Boat
02-04-2018, 09:53 PM
It's awesome to see you all coming together to try and help each other out by sharing strategies. Also, a special thanks to RenegadeTX2000 for getting this thread going. I'll definitely be coming back to occasionally check this thread for updates as I need all the help I can get in game.

On a side note, I was thinking of trying to start a weekly discussion where we can all discuss specific strategies related to the weeks topic. Is this something that the community would have an interest in?

ChampionRuby50g
02-04-2018, 11:01 PM
It's awesome to see you all coming together to try and help each other out by sharing strategies. Also, a special thanks to RenegadeTX2000 for getting this thread going. I'll definitely be coming back to occasionally check this thread for updates as I need all the help I can get in game.

On a side note, I was thinking of trying to start a weekly discussion where we can all discuss specific strategies related to the weeks topic. Is this something that the community would have an interest in?

100% like the idea off a weekly discussion started by you guys. Correct me if Iím wrong, but this is also something UbiZoro does on the Rainbow 6 Siege Forums, which you are also active on? Always thought when I saw those up itís a good way to bring the community together on the forums as well as some interesting ideas come out of it, and wondered myself if I should try and get the ball rolling on it here. But Iím too lazy to think of specific strategies 😏

Ubi-Boat
02-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Ubi-Zoro is a co-worker (obviously) as well as a good friend of mine. He is the one that gave me the idea actually. I will start trying to get it going then because I think we could get some awesome discussions going!

BTTrinity
02-05-2018, 12:17 AM

Id definitely be interested in this as well, I'm pretty average and struggle against Shaman and Glad quite a bit.

bob333e
02-05-2018, 05:53 AM
Seriously lol, sometimes I wouldn't want to be a dev on here cause the amount of complaints is real. Instead of complaining why don't we just sit down and understand each individual character instead? Coming from FGC in general and actually winning and attending Tournaments myself I think we should all chill out and just learn each character. I've yet to see a post about how to beat certain characters or how each character operates.

You might have missed out on a thread I had created back near the end of November, where I, as well as others, chipped in with various good bits on how to counter Shaman. It's a thread all about countering Shaman, do look through the messages when you get the time. Lotsa info:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1795611-Countering-Shaman-(both-pre-nerf-and-post-nerf)

There will definitely be updates as I go along and become more proficient with heroes other than my main (Warden). For the most part, I personally can now counter her just fine (when the connection is good) with Warden and Shugoki; although Shugo's case is more of a hyperarmor-centric situation, so not exactly a 'technical' thing, it's more of a tanking thing. However much of what I pull off with Warden can be pulled off with other heroes as well. I'm also catching up with Berserker.

I can agree with is how good Shaman is. Yeah she's good but not as good as other characters from other series, she's extremely beatable and I actually don't mind her kit. It's her health that needs a nerf. Treat her like how Seth from SSF4 was... All the tools but low health, that's how you balance shaman.

Her problems are four things:

- The relative safety of Predator's Mercy, how much damage it can easily dish out, and it heals Shaman
- Her throw distance
- Her bugged Wildcat's Rage attack indicators
- Her feats in 4v4s

Otherwise, Shaman is amazing all-around, and a delicious challenge for the OG cast.

Match ups aren't as bad as you guys make them out to be.

True that. Bad and unfavorable matchups will always exist, yet in the end it all boils down to player performance regardless of hero used. It all comes down to timing, spacing, positioning, counterattacking, and mind games.

Yes, please. Count me in!

Protos_88
02-05-2018, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Ubi-Zoro is a co-worker (obviously) as well as a good friend of mine. He is the one that gave me the idea actually. I will start trying to get it going then because I think we could get some awesome discussions going!

Meybe first go and repare f bug centurion, becouse I cant atack enemy from behind on ps4. ITS F+++ 4month bugggg!!!

RenegadeTX2000
02-08-2018, 06:13 AM
Been busy lol, haven't gotten back to this post but yeah... About the characters strengths/weaknesses. Anybody own a ps4? or is it mostly xbox and pc players here? It will be a cluster of posts on this one topic and I have no way of storing information directly on here unless this page wants to hit the high end of 50's lol. Also I'm pretty sure doing this sort of thing will be ideal when season 5 begins since some tactics that work now for an individual will be void on feb.15th.