PDA

View Full Version : How to know when it's real lag vs lag switching?

Archeun
02-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Recently, I've seen more than 1 person who claims to be "lagging" and not actually cheating. The individual has a unfair advantage because they can literally attack and they "blink" all over the place effectively making it so you can't defend well. Is Ubisoft doing anything to deal with this? If someone's lag is so bad that they are actually teleporting, can the game detect that? I've seen it in multiple matches and have reported it more than once but continue to see it and the same players doing it.

What options are really available? Just leave the game when you see the player? Is Ubisoft actively working on fixing the problem?

BTTrinity
02-03-2018, 11:39 PM
Recently, I've seen more than 1 person who claims to be "lagging" and not actually cheating. The individual has a unfair advantage because they can literally attack and they "blink" all over the place effectively making it so you can't defend well. Is Ubisoft doing anything to deal with this? If someone's lag is so bad that they are actually teleporting, can the game detect that? I've seen it in multiple matches and have reported it more than once but continue to see it and the same players doing it.

What options are really available? Just leave the game when you see the player? Is Ubisoft actively working on fixing the problem?

if its real lag, the player will have a constant red/yellow connection. If its a lagswitch, the icon is red ONLY when hes using it, so if you kept the scoreboard up youll see it flicker red when hes lagswitching. Its highly unlikely someone with constant GREENNAT is gonna be lagspiking throughout an entire match or 5 without intentionally abusing something.

Archeun
02-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the tip.