PDA

View Full Version : Are we a good influence for the team ?

atubaboun
02-03-2018, 09:00 PM
I praise the BGE2 team for creating the space monkey program, but i can't help but fear it coudl influence the making of the game in a bad way.

There are often ideas that are recurrent in space monkey posts on the blog like underwater environments and influences of hybrids on the player's base stats. What is those ideas had no place in the game but would seem to have such an importance for us in the devs minds that they put it in the game instead of doing what they planed ?
At some point with this, our influence would make the game incohesive, torn between what was planned and what was added because it seemed requested by space monkeys.

After all we have few information about what there is to the game and its universe yet compared to the devs, and its not a bad thing. I don't wanna be spoiled anyway.

But maybe i'm just being paranoid, I have anticipated BGE2 for a long time and i would hate to be responsible for the game being worse than it could be.

As of now, we only do the "participate and inspire" part, by giving opinions and ideas when asked questions on the blog. And the choice of what they take into account is up to them. So what do y'all think, are wa a good influence for the team ?

KIERROK
02-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Our friend @UbiBorghal and other mods, can send in our requests, and devs will take in consideration. However, in the end the choice is ultimately Michel and friends. Just because we request something, doesn't always mean we'll get it. Michel wants BGE2 to be diverse, he wants religion, he wants transgender (possibly LGB too, just assuming no need to debate), he wants talk and horrors of racism/slavery (as best as a game can do) In my opinion, BGE2 seems to be a "What if" scenario. Like we claim if animals had a voice, we'd treat them better, only now we treat them worse because its "unnatural" for animals to talk. I'm 100% sure, Michel and devs have a plan, but they want fan's opinion that may work with those plans. This is why we get dev questions, saying "This is what we have, now if you're playing, what would you do?"

atubaboun
02-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Thanks, that reassures me :)

(On another note, what about the animals that DON't speak ? surely if the population is big enough to inhabit multiple planets the needs for food are huge. And i doubt everyone is vegetarian in the future, especialy hybrids between carnivorous species and Homo sapiens, those are bound to have issues with veggies)

KIERROK
02-04-2018, 12:48 AM
Thanks, that reassures me :)

(On another note, what about the animals that DON't speak ? surely if the population is big enough to inhabit multiple planets the needs for food are huge. And i doubt everyone is vegetarian in the future, especialy hybrids between carnivorous species and Homo sapiens, those are bound to have issues with veggies)

These talk about this subject
https://bgegame.com/2017/10/24/hybrid-exploitation-system-3/
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1825634-How-about-cannibalism-and-the-factory-farming-of-different-races

ElPrimordial
02-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Pretty sure BGE team have a very precise idea of what they're doing to do, how they're going to make it and how they're going to reach that goal.

In any case our suggestions and ideas are, in best scenario, like adding cosmetic stuff to this BGE "entity", like a pair of sunglasses or a fancy hat, while BGE team is going to create the skeleton, the muscles, the nerve system, the skin and all in between.
Let's be happy to able to contribute with a fancy scarf or a pretty cool pair of shoes to this project :D

BillDin
02-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Used to think the same. But I suppose that at this point since they have created this program the must know what they are doing and prepared for the things you said. After all we just have to believe in Ubisoft.

kenonu
02-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Well good point, but I'm sure the original idea behind the game would stay hence there's a campaign mode, every other concept/idea would be a consideration on the dev side of things and the game would probably be tested in Closed Alpha or Beta and I trust yall will complain about whats irrelevant or not

atubaboun
02-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Personaly I'm not complaining, i love giving ideas and imagining what the game would be if they were implemented.Like, I liked the idea of having stats differences between hybrid and human charachters from the start.
But i'm no video-game maker and i was just afraid was seemed like a good idea to me might actualy make the game worse than the devs intend it to be.
But again, the choice isn't ours to make, and that's probably for the best

UbiBorghal
02-05-2018, 11:32 PM
As Space Monkeys, your input is really important to the Dev Team. But it is clear that not all ideas will make it to the final game. So don't be afraid to dream; it's your dreams that inspire the dev team!

Keep up the amazing discussions and conversations!

DevilmanSinner
02-12-2018, 07:25 AM
Thanks @UbiBorghal! Also, in one of the earlier videos about the space monkey program it was stated that if an element the community has requested just cannot fit into the final product, they'll let us know. I think they're committed to transparency. And hopefully they stick to it. So I think we'll have a good idea what we'll get at launch and what would (have to) be implemented at later dates.