PDA

View Full Version : Possibility to also save manually for a backing-up?

Darkbirt
02-03-2018, 07:37 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to save manually, this for the purpose to have a back-up saved data. When something goes wrong with the main save then you don't need to start from scratch. On the moment, in ANNO 2205 something went wrong with the saved data. When I reloaded the game all my astronauts on the orbit where gone. Because of this my income crashed to a negative million. I could barely save my company from bankruptcy by destroying all my moon settlements.

So will ANNO 1800 have the optional saving when you want?

ruuti0
02-04-2018, 01:13 PM
I agree it would be good idea to get chance to copy yourself save files.

They still had it in 2070, hopefully we get it back (if it was gone in 2205)!

AgmasGold
02-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Yep, this is definitely something I would like to see as well.

stylisticsagi
02-05-2018, 11:17 AM
since it will not be one big game but each map on it's own i'm pretty much sure this will be the case.

ruuti0
02-05-2018, 05:30 PM
It would be cool if you could choose between cloud and hard drive save (or have them both).

This way you could copy saves back if any of them corrupt (of course this would require little bit extra working from users) and if you have Anno 1800 installed on another computer for example laptop, you could continue same game there. Or if you can't connect to cloud, you can load game manually too. And you could copy save files manually to another computer too and play there also.

I myself always took such precaution with Anno games (in 2070 for example) that I saved them like GameSave1, GameSave2, GameSave3, and adding new +1 number so in case that one game got corrupted, I could always load next game that wasn't corrupted, worked great so far! :D

iruet
02-06-2018, 11:08 AM
It would be cool if you could choose between cloud and hard drive save (or have them both).

This way you could copy saves back if any of them corrupt (of course this would require little bit extra working from users) and if you have Anno 1800 installed on another computer for example laptop, you could continue same game there. Or if you can't connect to cloud, you can load game manually too. And you could copy save files manually to another computer too and play there also.

I myself always took such precaution with Anno games (in 2070 for example) that I saved them like GameSave1, GameSave2, GameSave3, and adding new +1 number so in case that one game got corrupted, I could always load next game that wasn't corrupted, worked great so far! :D

Did you ever have to use these files? If so... U can just alter between two right? Like savegame 1, savegame 2... Just make sure to keep switching the numbers :p

ruuti0
02-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Did you ever have to use these files? If so... U can just alter between two right? Like savegame 1, savegame 2... Just make sure to keep switching the numbers :p

Yes I did, first time when my gamefile got corrupted I didn't understand to make copies, I just saved to one file.

After that my save file got corrupted few times, so i just loaded previous working version.

I usually made save everytime 15 mins was gone from previous save, I found this pretty good way. And I usually manually (from Windows Explorer) deleted early copies from hard drive so there wouldn't be useless files taking space. I played early Anno versions (2070 and ealier) so much that otherwise there would been thousands, if not ten thousands save file copies.

AgmasGold
02-06-2018, 06:10 PM
I am the same, I save a a lot, and do the same system of increasing the number each time for each save.