PDA

View Full Version : Can For Honor be saved?

Archeun
02-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Let's be honest. The concept of For Honor was amazing. Since launch, it's gone down hill. I'd love to hear people's opinions on if the game can be fixed or if it's simply broken beyond the ability of fixing.

First: P2P. I'm not sure who thought that P2P was the appropriate type of connection to have in this game but that person was nuts. Dedicated servers are supposed to be coming; over a year since release. The game has been plagued with disconnect and connectivity issues since day 1.

Second: DLC characters have come into the game overpowered and ridiculous. This has occurred EVERY time. The most noticeable were Centurion, Shinobi, Aramusha and Shaman. There really isn't any excuse. After Centurion, I would have thought that debacle would have made people change their opinions on characters and introducing them to the games populations, but, if you look at Shaman; that clearly is wrong.

Third: A very large portion of the game population has left. On Steam, you have a average of 1500-2500 players on at once. It would be safe to assume that on PC, you may have 5,000 people on at once. I doubt it though since I've played days when I literally fought the same guys 3-4 times in a row despite leaving and starting new games.

At this point, I see pretty much the same people on each week. I call them the Diehards. I just do not see Ubisoft putting significant effort into making this game better. Will For Honor begin to change enough to draw in new life or is it just a pipe dream?

I look forward to people's input.

Halvtand
02-02-2018, 11:56 PM
Um... You do know that S5 goes live in about two weeks? With reworked characters, a focus on balancing and dedicated servers to fix the p2p-problems?

Tundra 793
02-03-2018, 12:23 AM
To your first point; As I've understood it, it's not that P2P couldn't have worked, it just that it didn't, and for many still doesn't. They started work on the dedicated servers a bit too long after launch for my taste, but I've heard that close to 80 or even 100 developers were assigned just this one, herculean task. That's commitment. I'm sort of hoping that once the servers are live, we might feel the impact of some of these programmers being freed up extend to the rest of the game.

Second point; Whether or not some of the heroes were OP still is, and will continue to be, discussions that will haunt the entire community until the sun burns out.
The chief issue for me, is just that these heroes, Centurion chief among them, just aren't as fun to fight as the OG heroes. Too many disabling moves and attacks with special properties. As I noted in my OG Vs. DLC hero comparison thread, the 6 DLC heroes alone possess the majority of unblockable, bleed and stun moves in the game. I want desperately to see this trend stop, and the new heroes seriously rebalanced.
I'm hoping the upcoming reworks will help, but I'm still quite skeptical.

Third point; The PC population may have died out, but the consoles remain quite popular, all things considered. If Ubisoft gets the marketing right, February 15th could be a big jump for the whole game, population wise, across all 3 platforms.

Season 5 will probably be the make-it or break-it point of the whole game, and I try my hardest to stay positive and open minded about all the upcoming changes, and giving the game the chance it needs to stay alive.
The developers have worked very hard, across a lot of different parts of the game over the past year, and if we've stuck around this long, we should give Season 5 a chance to show us the game has a bright future.

The_B0G_
02-03-2018, 12:54 AM
In my opinion it doesn't need saving. Like all PvP games, there will always be balancing to be done, literally every single PvP game.

The connection issues are far along the way to being fixed and will be fixed soon, PC is the only player base with issues in population, and that's just the nature of PC gaming, with so many options for games people don't stick around for games that don't run perfectly on startup.

The devs give weekly 1 hour updates on live streams to tell us what they're doing and Ubi mods are always reading posts and forwarding info. I used to play a ton of EA NHL games and used to go on their forums just as much as I come on here, they never reply to anything, never update the game issues and the game actually gets worse every year.

I'm not sure what more people expect from a game company than how the For Honor team is handling the games issues.

Playing_Mantis
02-03-2018, 01:52 AM
well, i love the changes and the dedicated servers. i was super exited about the parry changes as well. I'm just super put off by how it directly nerfs my class. basically they are good changes but i think they are pissing off too many players such as myself when they get the short end of the stick. for this I'm not sure ill continue to play.

SangLong524
02-03-2018, 02:03 AM
I have seen this tittle since launch. I'm gonna make an a** out of U first and me later that it is basically the same stuffs.
At any rate, the game looks very much alive and thriving, imo. It's dead when it's meant to be and staying dead it will be. Just look at AC multiplayers ( I cant confirm this though, just gut feeling).

M4RKSG4MES
02-03-2018, 04:55 AM
Thats Ubisoft way ,release half done broken game and fix and make up as they go for better or worse ,division springs to mind too, most would be LOT better off NOT buying a Ubisoft game until least year after launch by that time a lot of the bugs,flaws etc MAY have been ironed out. I know most reputable software companies wont release a game till its ready but Ubisoft dont use this philosophy and promise allsorts expecting players to play broken game till they FINALLY fix it. They DELIBERATELY made the dlc characters WAY more powerful and better than the existing to sell the season pass thats pretty obviious. They seem to put pure profit before quality/performance thats for sure .Its definitely gonna be make or break at season 5 assuming theres any players left by then apart from the diehards as you say. I been playing since launch and like the rest of the games sufferes am STILL waiting for the VAST amount improvement s needed to this broken game,im amazed at times they had nerve to release at its state at beginning although minor improvements have been made theres still lot to do.

The_B0G_
02-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Thats Ubisoft way ,release half done broken game and fix and make up as they go for better or worse ,division springs to mind too, most would be LOT better off NOT buying a Ubisoft game until least year after launch by that time a lot of the bugs,flaws etc MAY have been ironed out. I know most reputable software companies wont release a game till its ready but Ubisoft dont use this philosophy and promise allsorts expecting players to play broken game till they FINALLY fix it. They DELIBERATELY made the dlc characters WAY more powerful and better than the existing to sell the season pass thats pretty obviious. They seem to put pure profit before quality/performance thats for sure .Its definitely gonna be make or break at season 5 assuming theres any players left by then apart from the diehards as you say. I been playing since launch and like the rest of the games sufferes am STILL waiting for the VAST amount improvement s needed to this broken game,im amazed at times they had nerve to release at its state at beginning although minor improvements have been made theres still lot to do.

What game isn't profit first... and COD ww2 was a mess on release, destiny 1 and 2 were, GTA V is still a mess after nearly 10 years, basically every EA game is a mess on release, it's the norm for every new release now. All major gaming companies push out games to meet deadlines before they are ready, not saying it's right, but it's hardly something only Ubisoft does.

Sarrion970
02-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Yeah, this game is going to die even with dedicated servers. i'm sorry its just all a bunch of crap at the moment. have fun and remember to buy more steel!! because that's all they want!

Tundra 793
02-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Yeah, this game is going to die even with dedicated servers. i'm sorry its just all a bunch of crap at the moment. have fun and remember to buy more steel!! because that's all they want!

Such truth. Much wow.

Also guys, remember to log in 'cause there's an Execution Community Order going. Just go execute an AI in a Duel and you get 2000 free Steel.

The_B0G_
02-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Lol I've been playing since launch, bought steel once to get HL, didn't even spend 10 dollars either. You only need to buy steel if you don't have the patience to earn it, you don't need to unlock everything all at once you know.

EDG_Avocado
02-04-2018, 01:12 AM
prob not, population is too low

Cyricke
02-04-2018, 02:17 AM
What game isn't profit first... and COD ww2 was a mess on release, destiny 1 and 2 were, GTA V is still a mess after nearly 10 years, basically every EA game is a mess on release, it's the norm for every new release now. All major gaming companies push out games to meet deadlines before they are ready, not saying it's right, but it's hardly something only Ubisoft does.

How many games/companies wait 400 days before implementing a solution that is clear as day? How many companies are boneheaded enough to disregard common easily obtainable knowledge about dedicated server vs P2P in a PvP game during development?

All these guys do is try to save a buck while the playerbase and reputation surrounding the game reflects that. There is no passion for gameplay here.

The_B0G_
02-04-2018, 02:25 AM
How many games/companies wait 400 days before implementing a solution that is clear as day? How many companies are boneheaded enough to disregard common easily obtainable knowledge about dedicated server vs P2P in a PvP game during development?

All these guys do is try to save a buck while the playerbase and reputation surrounding the game reflects that. There is no passion for gameplay here.

Like I said, GTAV has been out nearly a decade and it still freezes regularly, load times are excruciatingly slow.

Every game is about making as much money as possible, it's a business, they thought it would work well with p2p but it didn't so they changed it. What are you complaining about? It's nearly ready now, they listened to us and fixed it.

Also the game hasn't even been out for a year yet so hardly 400 days, and they've been working on it for many months already.

guor6800
02-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Like I said, GTAV has been out nearly a decade and it still freezes regularly, load times are excruciatingly slow.

Every game is about making as much money as possible, it's a business, they thought it would work well with p2p but it didn't so they changed it. What are you complaining about? It's nearly ready now, they listened to us and fixed it.

Also the game hasn't even been out for a year yet so hardly 400 days, and they've been working on it for many months already.

No offense man but that's exactly why betas exist. After getting feedback from 2 betas that your connection sucks it's your own fault and noone else that you decided to launch the game although the beta players told you not to.

Now i respect the commitment they are showing. But if you wanna earn some good money ****ing listen to your customers! If they say your product is broken then fix it, and don't "assure" them that everything will be fine at launch. Which they weren't obviously

Knight_Raime
02-04-2018, 03:05 PM
In order for it to be saved It would require for it to be failing in the first place.
From my perspective regardless of what for honor has gone through it's stuck around.
And in my opinion however season 5 turns out I think it's going to retain it's dedicated fanbase.

Now if you're asking if for honor will ever reach the level of hype and attention it used to have again i'd say no.
Even if season 5 is a massive success. In my experience games that make a massive come back don't stay in the lime light.
The division made a huge come back. and it still is good after that. but it's died back down out of hype.
Same thing happened with battleborn.
etc.
Both games still have a die hard dedicated group keeping the people afloat. And it probably did bring back people who are still playing after the hype died down.
but those games won't stay popular.
Neither will for honor.
I just hope that they continue to support the game with new content once OG heros and the other major problems are fixed.
it's such a unique game and I want more heros.

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
prob not, population is too low

Meh, if thats the case then R6Siege shouldnt have blown up the way it did. I recall Siege having an even more dead playerbase than FH until year 2. (Which, For Honor hasnt reached yet)

I think For Honor can make a comeback, but the chances of a Siege-Like comeback where the avg playerbase shoots up from 2k to 40k is highly unlikely, given that its MUCH HARDER to get into due to its Genre.

The_B0G_
02-04-2018, 03:49 PM
No offense man but that's exactly why betas exist. After getting feedback from 2 betas that your connection sucks it's your own fault and noone else that you decided to launch the game although the beta players told you not to.

Now i respect the commitment they are showing. But if you wanna earn some good money ****ing listen to your customers! If they say your product is broken then fix it, and don't "assure" them that everything will be fine at launch. Which they weren't obviously

What aren't they listening to?

BTTrinity
02-04-2018, 03:52 PM

Yeah, I dont know really... Nobody found out about the games massive amount of exploits until after launch, which all of them got fixed.... (Sure a couple more were introduced) but none are no where near the level of gamebreaking that GB cancels were.... Jzus, the good ol days of the GB cancel.....

Devils-_-legacy
02-04-2018, 06:19 PM
S1 with unblockable gb had to be the worst or the bash to floor squads lol for honors only getting better bringing up the flaws doesn't help as they werent in the betas the defensive meta was like half way through s1 till it was present Imo the games getting a massive player Base on console after the reworks and dedicated servvers i can see it getting even bigger it's a unique game

Protos_88
02-04-2018, 08:52 PM

give him vodka!

I_loveMemes
02-04-2018, 09:27 PM
I hope we will have a r6 like comeback i've being playing fh since the beta and rn i am very very veeeeery excited for s5 and the revival of fh <3

mrmistark
02-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Iíve seen this title since the game came out.

I think itís safe to say that the game didnít die then, so it most certainly wonít now.

Everyone loves bashing on Ubi, and to be fair they did release a rather broken game, however if you look at what they have fixed and accomplished:
-SIGNIFICANTYL improved connection (it isnít perfect, but when the game first came out it was unplayable pvp, now itís rare to disconnect unless on dominion for some reason)
- fixed the connection while in a group (again used to be impossible to get through a game with a friend)
- many bug fixes, small scale balancing, ect.
- more content
- the last two on top of them still continuing to better the game

You can complain all you want, but those that have stuck around arenít going anywhere if they havenít left yet, myself included. Those who left the game are starting to gain interest again hearing dedicated servers and parry getting toned down. If anything for honor will gain more players when it is officially established in its dedicated servers with balancing.

The only problem now is that there is a huge skill gap from those who have been playing and a new player. I think Ubisoft has also gotten better when it comes to match making too, but perhaps honing this a little more and connecting skil first before regions, give free and double xp weekends to help them catch up, and then theyíll be good to go. They could get way more players if they play it right and use the dedicated servers as a relaunch. They could definately breath a new life into for honor, but donít get it twisted:

For honor was never dead or dying, and most certainly isnít right now either.

EDG_Avocado
02-05-2018, 02:20 AM
I’ve seen this title since the game came out.

I think it’s safe to say that the game didn’t die then, so it most certainly won’t now.

Everyone loves bashing on Ubi, and to be fair they did release a rather broken game, however if you look at what they have fixed and accomplished:
-SIGNIFICANTYL improved connection (it isn’t perfect, but when the game first came out it was unplayable pvp, now it’s rare to disconnect unless on dominion for some reason)
- fixed the connection while in a group (again used to be impossible to get through a game with a friend)
- more content
- the last two on top of them still continuing to better the game

You can complain all you want, but those that have stuck around aren’t going anywhere if they haven’t left yet, myself included. Those who left the game are starting to gain interest again hearing dedicated servers and parry getting toned down. If anything for honor will gain more players when it is officially established in its dedicated servers with balancing.

The only problem now is that there is a huge skill gap from those who have been playing and a new player. I think Ubisoft has also gotten better when it comes to match making too, but perhaps honing this a little more and connecting skil first before regions, give free and double xp weekends to help them catch up, and then they’ll be good to go. They could get way more players if they play it right and use the dedicated servers as a relaunch. They could definately breath a new life into for honor, but don’t get it twisted:

For honor was never dead or dying, and most certainly isn’t right now either.

1. Almost all the things you listed should have been there the day of release. Disconnects shouldn't be there
2.With dedicated servers I think the playerbase won't rise as much as you think it will
3. For honor is dying and it was within the first week of release and dying doesn't necessarily mean a game having exactly 0 players

Vilerin
02-05-2018, 03:00 AM
-SIGNIFICANTYL improved connection (it isnít perfect, but when the game first came out it was unplayable pvp, now itís rare to disconnect unless on dominion for some reason)

Considering dominion is most popular game mode it is still horrible.

- fixed the connection while in a group (again used to be impossible to get through a game with a friend

One of the reasons why so many people left the game, I did ~1 month after release not beeing able to play with 2 friends at once.

Still some serious bugs that break games.
Character ballance is still bad, after a year. I know that fighting games are very hard and I guess that UBI never had experience with them.
Some faction's and characters' feats are just terrible and hardly affect the game while others are game changing.
Gear system is punishing for any new character/playuer. Getting higher level gives you just better stats but takes (rought estimation) 40-80 hours per character to reach top items.
Premade 4 players fighting 4 randoms and murdering fun in dominions. There are almost no even games.
Terrible character design that will kill every casual player fun - centurion, without learning and remembering his set fighting against him is contant pain and lack of stamina.

----------------------------

I only hope UBI will not abandon this title in next year/years and will try make it competitive 2-4 players. For 1 v 1 competitive scene this game is lacking variety and is not so entertaining to watch like other known titles.

In 1/2 years this game has chance to become good and may start growing it's playerbase.

AlexHuaTian
02-05-2018, 03:14 AM
They should give us a safe spawn point. Kind of like the fountain in League of Legends. Or the spawn points in OW. That way when both A and C get taken by the enemy team. You can still have a safe place to spawn, regain health and regroup.

Charmzzz
02-05-2018, 10:18 AM
They should give us a safe spawn point. Kind of like the fountain in League of Legends. Or the spawn points in OW. That way when both A and C get taken by the enemy team. You can still have a safe place to spawn, regain health and regroup.

You are invincible when you spawn. And I rarely see anyone camping spawn, maybe a Nobushi or Raider because their AOE combined with health-on-minion-kill feat gives them enough sustain, every other Character will be near-death after 2 waves of minions.

guor6800
02-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Dedicated servers should have been here from the start. You decided to implement something in your game a year after launch although you had the DATA before you even launch it that connectivity sucks hard! The you proceed to assure your customers that everything will be fine and here we are almost a year after.

With all due respect this is not progress in a triple A title for fox shake.

Why should i have any faith that they will "fix" for honor when they have lied a couple of times straight into our faces?

If they are trying? Ofc they are but it appears not to be enough. With all those reworks and new moves recaps i believe a ****storm of bugs and glitches will follow up. Just like every other time.

And then we will wait a month or two to get some real fixes and the story goes on. That's for honor in a nutshell over the last year.

Charmzzz
02-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Dedicated servers should have been here from the start. You decided to implement something in your game a year after launch although you had the DATA before you even launch it that connectivity sucks hard! The you proceed to assure your customers that everything will be fine and here we are almost a year after.

With all due respect this is not progress in a triple A title for fox shake.

Why should i have any faith that they will "fix" for honor when they have lied a couple of times straight into our faces?

If they are trying? Ofc they are but it appears not to be enough. With all those reworks and new moves recaps i believe a ****storm of bugs and glitches will follow up. Just like every other time.

And then we will wait a month or two to get some real fixes and the story goes on. That's for honor in a nutshell over the last year.

Which lies? They told us that they will go for dedicated Servers months ago, and even before that they never said they won't consider that. And all this "one year after" bullsht can only come from people who have zero idea how programming and game development works. If you have a concept for a game (which in this case was 4-5 years before the release) and you start programming everything around that concept, you simply cannot change the P2P model within weeks. You have to delay the release by 1-2 years. No progress? They rewrote ALOT of code, set up servers all around the world and did a very well going Open Test with us. All that besides the Season Rewards and new Characters, new gear, new cosmetics and such. Any smaller company couldnt do this.

Yes, today games come out pretty much in Beta-States if you compare them to games in the 90's / 00's. But todays games are much more complex and developers have the opportunity to update / patch their games, this wasnt the case back then.

Imo FH is pretty balanced now, no character gives you an easy win against everybody else.

PDXGorechild
02-05-2018, 01:55 PM
I think season 5 will make or break the game in terms of revival. They have the opportunity to get things right now, and a platform on which to fix all of the games issues. It'll either be a relative success or a complete flop imo. But I am hopeful that it will be a success.

That said it is still a niche game. For Honor will never have the population of games like CoD, Rocket league or Elder scrolls online. It's always going to have a few thousand fanatics that play religiously on each platform. Past that I predict that dedicated servers will attract thousands of old players and new for a time, but a lot of them won't stick. For some people the problems will have been solved, to most the steep learning curve and a host of experienced players tearing them a new one will make the game difficult to get into.

Anarnam
02-05-2018, 02:26 PM
By the way.

I know ubi did so many things wrong with this game, but the core concept remains the same - which is an incredibly awesome game!. It is public opinion (not ubisoft themselves) that ruined this game completely. If people stayed, and decided to give this game a chance (or just show some patience), ubi would have more money = more resources to quickly fix the game.

More than that, so many people didn't even try the game because of harshly negative opinions that scared people off.
Yes, they were right about the bad things that were happening, but if only they had put those words in some nice wrapping paper, then perhaps people would be more willing to stay and see where this game might lead us.

Right now, only a fraction of us (players) remains, and I think, that For Honor's real saving grace is... For Honor 2 (which I don't think is gonna happen anytime soon).

People gave up on SW: Battlefront because it was a moneysink bull****. When Battlefront 2 was released, the hype was renewed, and gave the genre a chance (well, I know they screwed up even more but I hope you got the point).

Bungee - destiny 1 ended up being boring and repetitive. Destiny 2 gave this game so much hype... (but they also screwed up).

If For Honor 2 was to be made (and not screwed up!!), things would have been so much better.

Even if current For Honor was entirely fixed and balanced, I highly doubt that it can gain new players like for example Warframe managed to. There are so few games with bad/horrible start, that managed to stand up on their feet and pull much more people into the game.

The_B0G_
02-05-2018, 02:41 PM
By the way.

I know ubi did so many things wrong with this game, but the core concept remains the same - which is an incredibly awesome game!. It is public opinion (not ubisoft themselves) that ruined this game completely. If people stayed, and decided to give this game a chance (or just show some patience), ubi would have more money = more resources to quickly fix the game.

More than that, so many people didn't even try the game because of harshly negative opinions that scared people off.
Yes, they were right about the bad things that were happening, but if only they had put those words in some nice wrapping paper, then perhaps people would be more willing to stay and see where this game might lead us.

Right now, only a fraction of us (players) remains, and I think, that For Honor's real saving grace is... For Honor 2 (which I don't think is gonna happen anytime soon).

People gave up on SW: Battlefront because it was a moneysink bull****. When Battlefront 2 was released, the hype was renewed, and gave the genre a chance (well, I know they screwed up even more but I hope you got the point).

Bungee - destiny 1 ended up being boring and repetitive. Destiny 2 gave this game so much hype... (but they also screwed up).

If For Honor 2 was to be made (and not screwed up!!), things would have been so much better.

Even if current For Honor was entirely fixed and balanced, I highly doubt that it can gain new players like for example Warframe managed to. There are so few games with bad/horrible start, that managed to stand up on their feet and pull much more people into the game.

You do realize that consoles still have tons of players right? Just because PC is dying doesn't mean the game is.

PDXGorechild
02-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Even if dedicated servers are here and heroes have been rebalanced and bug-fixed, the game will still feel like a drag, an uphill rock-pulling chore, chorused by the echoing 'git guds' and laughter of the competitive elitists and tryhards, cake-topped with colossal design and customization issues, game engine limitations, and having most of what you actually care about dominated by RNG.

Haha this is on point, almost poetic. Yes, this is the problem every new or returning player will face. Coupled with a somewhat toxic community, it makes For Honor an extremely hostile place for the inexperienced. For this reason I believe the initial influx of players attracted by dedicated servers will dwindle.

The_B0G_
02-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Haha this is on point, almost poetic. Yes, this is the problem every new or returning player will face. Coupled with a somewhat toxic community, it makes For Honor an extremely hostile place for the inexperienced. For this reason I believe the initial influx of players attracted by dedicated servers will dwindle.

I think the arena training will help quite a bit with the new players though, hell, it will probably help me with parry timings and cgb timings of certain heroes I still struggle against.

It just comes down to how many people are willing to put the time in to learn to play the game, I look at the story mode as training in itself, if you beat story mode in hard or realistic than you should be ready to try PvP, then you can hit up arena whenever a certain mixup is destroying you.

PDXGorechild
02-05-2018, 04:01 PM
I think the arena training will help quite a bit with the new players though, hell, it will probably help me with parry timings and cgb timings of certain heroes I still struggle against.

It just comes down to how many people are willing to put the time in to learn to play the game, I look at the story mode as training in itself, if you beat story mode in hard or realistic than you should be ready to try PvP, then you can hit up arena whenever a certain mixup is destroying you.

It has the potential to certainly. I'm hoping the Arena is basically going to be a platform for you to do whatever you want. Set up a bot to repeat a combo you struggle with, set up a 4v1 with bots that resets if you die, set up a custom match for you and friends where people can stand around and watch you fight coliseum style, or you and your pals defend against waves of bots. Set up games, who can get the most parries in a minute. Avoid falling rocks using dodge. The potential really is unlimited and could make practising incredibly fun.

Anarnam
02-05-2018, 04:57 PM
You do realize that consoles still have tons of players right? Just because PC is dying doesn't mean the game is.

Sorry, you're right - consoles are actually majority of players. that's completely true.

Still... it's an absolute fraction of people that played this game at launch.

AlexHuaTian
02-05-2018, 05:39 PM
True. The spawn camping isnt bad. But a safe spawn room to regenerate health would be nice. Right now. You just get losing teams streaming out of spawn and dying over and over again. A room to regenerate health that doesnt give points towards winning would be nice. Located inside the spawn. Its not necessary. Just an idea.

AlexHuaTian
02-05-2018, 05:40 PM
The game did have a strong player base when it was first released. But it dwindled pretty fast after everyone got to try out the game. Just need something to lure the players back. And keep them here.

M4RKSG4MES
02-06-2018, 02:34 AM
GTA has a userbase of millions with 30players online at a time sometimes ,this game has few thousand with eight at once do the maths. I,ve never experienced error codes or crashes in gta . Plus they have radded STACK of FREE dlc since launch ,incredible amount missions/businesses,heists the lot ALL FREE, its still biggest selling game of all time, you cant compare it with for honours small and dwindling userbase ,amount people playing at one time there shouldnt be ANY glith/freeze ,error code,resynch etc . Its down to bad servers and lazy programming CANT be anything else. It was great igame concept idea etc but sadly rushed out way before it was ready with little playtesting it seems by many, with new characters blatantly more powerful/faster/lot more moves than the original ones , thats for sure. Its going be make or break when new servers/update arrives ,i think its last chance saloon for many..

Foosch
02-06-2018, 04:02 AM
Agreed. The expansion hero's are op because Ubi wants peeps to buy the season pass or steel to get them. They are op no matter what any fanboi tries to say. All stuns , bleeds, disables. It's ridiculous.

Vrbas1
02-06-2018, 07:43 AM
I think season 5 will make or break the game in terms of revival. They have the opportunity to get things right now, and a platform on which to fix all of the games issues. It'll either be a relative success or a complete flop imo. But I am hopeful that it will be a success.

That said it is still a niche game.

^^^This. I am optimistic. This game is unique. Given the nature, it's not going to have the sustained playerbase of an established genre like CoD, BF, [insert mainstream title]. That being said, I'm having a BLAST playing an "off the wagon" game and anticipate it's success because I believe in it as a title and system.

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 08:47 AM
GTA has a userbase of millions with 30players online at a time sometimes ,this game has few thousand with eight at once do the maths. I,ve never experienced error codes or crashes in gta . Plus they have radded STACK of FREE dlc since launch ,incredible amount missions/businesses,heists the lot ALL FREE, its still biggest selling game of all time, you cant compare it with for honours small and dwindling userbase ,amount people playing at one time there shouldnt be ANY glith/freeze ,error code,resynch etc . Its down to bad servers and lazy programming CANT be anything else. It was great igame concept idea etc but sadly rushed out way before it was ready with little playtesting it seems by many, with new characters blatantly more powerful/faster/lot more moves than the original ones , thats for sure. Its going be make or break when new servers/update arrives ,i think its last chance saloon for many..

GTAV is trash, load screens take 10 mins, it's the biggest pay to win game on the market and has tons of bugs and hacker problems, heists take forever to get going unless you have 3 friends online, I tried to play recently after the new heists released and I went to buzz into my buddies apartment and the game straight up froze, this happened twice in a row and it took 45 mins before I could meet up with him in free mode because of the insanely long load screens, and this is after nearly a decade since it's release...

All DLC is free but it's so ridiculously expensive to buy anything that most people buy shark cards to get in-game money, so yes it's free but it takes a week of grinding to buy even a car. I find it hilarious that you talk about For Honor servers when I've never seen such long load times as GTAV.

BudgetParrot118
02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
so this whole time people been saying for honor is dead and all this negativity main while they work to fix things I don't care either way I think it's the best video game out there so much so that I'm still playing it and it's the only game I play at least until Kingdom Come Deliverance comes out either way I love it and I look forward to more things that are coming

At the end of the day they're always reworking and adding new content and they've gotten a lot better at that so I'm really excited to see what potentially next year is going to be like

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 06:43 PM
so this whole time people been saying for honor is dead and all this negativity main while they work to fix things I don't care either way I think it's the best video game out there so much so that I'm still playing it and it's the only game I play at least until Kingdom Come Deliverance comes out either way I love it and I look forward to more things that are coming

At the end of the day they're always reworking and adding new content and they've gotten a lot better at that so I'm really excited to see what potentially next year is going to be like

Totally agree. Kingdom Come I hope has at least co op, that games fighting style is ridiculously intricate, its gonna be quite the challenge to learn.

bob333e
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM

Totally agree. Kingdom Come I hope has at least co op, that games fighting style is ridiculously intricate, its gonna be quite the challenge to learn.

My main gripe with For Honor, is that it punishes you the more heroes you use, and the less time you have to play, or the less frequent you play. Should you diversify in hero use, you'll have tenfold Steel expenditures, while your Steel gain remains mediocre at best. Should you play less frequently, like once a week, you wasted truckloads of Steel and XP because of all the orders you missed, and they refreshed and vanished.

I, too, am looking forward to Kingdom Come, but doubt any other game out there will match For Honor's intuitive combat system; not in the next 2 years at least. I'll remain faithful to this game, but it will forever leave a sour taste in my mouth because it forces me to play daily if I want to level up and save up Steel. This game's core progression framework was sacrificed to the microtransaction gods, ripped open on the RNG altar, using a Dagger of Bottlenecking +5.

This is something I, personally, will never forgive Ubisoft for.

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM
My main gripe with For Honor, is that it punishes you the more heroes you use, and the less time you have to play, or the less frequent you play. Should you diversify in hero use, you'll have tenfold Steel expenditures, while your Steel gain remains mediocre at best. Should you play less frequently, like once a week, you wasted truckloads of Steel and XP because of all the orders you missed, and they refreshed and vanished.

I, too, am looking forward to Kingdom Come, but doubt any other game out there will match For Honor's intuitive combat system; not in the next 2 years at least. I'll remain faithful to this game, but it will forever leave a sour taste in my mouth because it forces me to play daily if I want to level up and save up Steel. This game's core progression framework was sacrificed to the microtransaction gods, ripped open on the RNG altar, using a Dagger of Bottlenecking +5.

This is something I, personally, will never forgive Ubisoft for.

See I don't think of this as a micro transaction based game at all, I also only play a few heroes though, maybe that's why, they said right from the start that you aren't meant to play all characters though, find one you really like and start maxing him out.

I use HL, Kensei, and LB, barely LB any more though since I don't like using cheesy characters.

bob333e
02-06-2018, 07:14 PM
See I don't think of this as a micro transaction based game at all, I also only play a few heroes though, maybe that's why, they said right from the start that you aren't meant to play all characters though, find one you really like and start maxing him out.

I use HL, Kensei, and LB, barely LB any more though since I don't like using cheesy characters.

I main Warden, and also use Berserker, Kensei, Shugoki, Raider, Orochi a little bit, and was meaning to buy Highlander.

This game intentionally bottlenecks your Steel gain so you get 'tempted' to resort to buying Steel packs when some new weekly content / event content / seasonal content is released and you don't have enough Steel but you want all the new shinies and can't bear farming for 3 months straight to collect 65,000 Steel.

On top of everything being dominated by RNG instead of, you know, allowing you to 'build' a character through crafting, forging, smithing... you're playing Roulette, with an added inventory limit.

If you're interested, I invite you to read over here:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1834485-For-Honor-s-proper-Reward-System-Discussion-amp-Suggestion

It's not an easy-to-digest text, but trust me, this is how For Honor's reward system should have been. Mostly.

Can For Honor be saved? yes. But it won't be easy. They'll have to put the player back into the priority spotlight. As any AAA-grade RPG-oriented combat game should be.

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 07:27 PM
I main Warden, and also use Berserker, Kensei, Shugoki, Raider, Orochi a little bit, and was meaning to buy Highlander.

This game intentionally bottlenecks your Steel gain so you get 'tempted' to resort to buying Steel packs when some new weekly content / event content / seasonal content is released and you don't have enough Steel but you want all the new shinies and can't bear farming for 3 months straight to collect 65,000 Steel.

I see this as a good thing myself though, if I put a boatload of time in with a character, I don't want to see someone who has him rep 1 have everything I have, I think it should be a choice you need to make on who your priority is.

It took me a month of playing HL before I got him to the point where I wasn't getting owned in every 1v1 I got into. After I got to that point I decided I should start spending steel on him, I got quite a few characters to rep 6, but didn't invest in them until I knew I wanted to continue playing them. I basically just play HL and Kensei now, that's where I spend my steel when I see something worth buying.

So the steel gain doesn't seem too bad, not to the point where I feel I need to buy steel packs at least.

bob333e
02-06-2018, 07:37 PM
I see this as a good thing myself though, if I put a boatload of time in with a character, I don't want to see someone who has him rep 1 have everything I have, I think it should be a choice you need to make on who your priority is.

It took me a month of playing HL before I got him to the point where I wasn't getting owned in every 1v1 I got into. After I got to that point I decided I should start spending steel on him, I got quite a few characters to rep 6, but didn't invest in them until I knew I wanted to continue playing them. I basically just play HL and Kensei now, that's where I spend my steel when I see something worth buying.

So the steel gain doesn't seem too bad, not to the point where I feel I need to buy steel packs at least.

For just two characters, Steel gain is just adequate; even then, you're farming for months, if you want all those Mythic and Mask outfits on just these two heroes. Months. That's without considering, your wishlist will grow with every new seasonal content. It's an endless unfair grind even with just two heroes.

Any beginner at rep2 or rep4 can go shell out $100, buy Steel packs, and buy those Mythics and Masks and every emote, before you do. And you're like rep20. And they'll look better than you. How is this a better outcome than, for instance, a more fair reward system for those who have put 20 reps into a hero, and don't have $100 to spend on outfits?

Also, you'll still look different with the manually unlocked reputation outfits and engravings and patterns; so ultimately, don't worry, your hero will still sport different visuals than a rep1. Reputation unlocks are fine. I wasn't saying to make everything available to everyone; I was saying, you grind for 50 hours and you earn 2 hours worth of Steel and XP, with the current system. And if you miss out on orders, you lost 100 hours of grind. Yeah.. this is nonsensical and shouldn't exist in For Honor.

The_B0G_
02-06-2018, 07:49 PM
For just two characters, Steel gain is just adequate; even then, you're farming for months, if you want all those Mythic and Mask outfits on just these two heroes. Months. That's without considering, your wishlist will grow with every new seasonal content. It's an endless unfair grind even with just two heroes.

Any beginner at rep2 or rep4 can go shell out $100, buy Steel packs, and buy those Mythics and Masks and every emote, before you do. And you're like rep20. And they'll look better than you. How is this a better outcome than, for instance, a more fair reward system for those who have put 20 reps into a hero, and don't have $100 to spend on outfits?

Also, you'll still look different with the manually unlocked reputation outfits and engravings and patterns; so ultimately, don't worry, your hero will still sport different visuals than a rep1. Reputation unlocks are fine. I wasn't saying to make everything available to everyone; I was saying, you grind for 50 hours and you earn 2 hours worth of Steel and XP, with the current system.

Well you brought up another reason why I don't think it's that bad, I think the masks look kind of silly, so I have no interest in buying them. Even mythic outfits I don't really care for unless they have an ornament I want. I really only buy ornaments, emotes and executions. Most effects make the game look cheesy so I don't buy many of those either.

So if you do want effects and masks then yes, I can see it being quite a grind. I wouldn't mind if they doubled steel earnings in matches for the winner of the matches, I always thought it was kind of dumb how the losing team earns as much as the winning team. I think having to win 150 domination matches is fair enough for 15k steel.