PDA

View Full Version : List of attacks and timings

Kamen42
02-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Hi, is there some list where all the attacks are broken down for each character? What is their speed or damage, recovery time and so on?

I often see people saying "This does XY damage and takes XYZ ms, whilt this other attack does YX damage and takes ZYX ms". Where do you take this information?

The only place I have ever seen this kind of information is patch notes, but they never really cover all the attacks and moves.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:05 PM
yes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6li63y/all_character_frame_data_excluding_dlc_characters/

the second link doesn't have the dlc heros frame data because it was made forever ago. so parts of it are probably out of date.

But a quick search of the competitive subreddit should get you the rest of what you're looking for.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:09 PM
yes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6li63y/all_character_frame_data_excluding_dlc_characters/

the second link doesn't have the dlc heros frame data because it was made forever ago. so parts of it are probably out of date.

But a quick search of the competitive subreddit should get you the rest of what you're looking for.

Holy cow, thanks much. Finally good sources on hero data and hero attack speeds. That would have been a good reason for me to surf Reddit.... (I never surf Reddit).

I'll save these locally for quick reference.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Holy cow, thanks much. Finally good sources on hero data and hero attack speeds. That would have been a good reason for me to surf Reddit.... (I never surf Reddit).

I'll save these locally for quick reference.

I never much cared for reddit. but I visited it so frequently to keep up tabs on all the games I play that I just decided to make an account there.
It also helps that I can pretty much go to reddit whenever I feel in the mood for discussion and get responses.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:15 PM
I never much cared for reddit. but I visited it so frequently to keep up tabs on all the games I play that I just decided to make an account there.
It also helps that I can pretty much go to reddit whenever I feel in the mood for discussion and get responses.

I had made an account there last month, and copy-pasted there the contents of a thread of mine on here, which stated the entire playerbase should get a Steel giveaway at official servers launch, for a myriad of logical reasons. In a vain effort to give that suggestion a bit more traffic.

30mins after, I start receiving insults. Few hours later, I wiped that thread, wiped my replies to said insults, then wiped my account.

Never going back to Reddit.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:18 PM
I had made an account there last month, and copy-pasted there the contents of a thread of mine on here, which stated the entire playerbase should get a Steel giveaway at official servers launch, for a myriad of logical reasons. In a vain effort to give that suggestion a bit more traffic.

30mins after, I start receiving insults. Few hours later, I wiped that thread, wiped my replies to said insults, then wiped my account.

Never going back to Reddit.

yeah it can be harsh. currently i'm being downvoted for pointing out how sexualized cindy was in final fantasy 15. Even though i'm not slamming the game for it. Or am I even remotely angry about it. Reddit has sensible people and then trolls who see a downvote button and spam it.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:24 PM
yeah it can be harsh. currently i'm being downvoted for pointing out how sexualized cindy was in final fantasy 15. Even though i'm not slamming the game for it. Or am I even remotely angry about it. Reddit has sensible people and then trolls who see a downvote button and spam it.

Man yeah, the whole downvote/shame/laugh at button is making me cringe. Downvotes shouldn't exist on public forums. But then again, there's nothing like Reddit. It's such a cesspool of toxic elitists and dunno what else.

For the sake of remaining on topic in this thread: I didn't know Warden's back dash recovery was 800ms. This explains much why I sometimes fail to double dodge backwards in time. I thought the back dodge and side dodges had same recoveries (being 500-600ms on sides). O_o

Looking at actual data for the first time... this is getting pretty helpful.

Kamen42
02-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Thank you, this is... kind of what I was looking for, but I guess this will have to do.

I was hoping for some official list, that can be accessed through the game's web page or even in the game. Something like in Mortal Kombat 9 or X (I am not sure which one). There you can access exact information about each attack and combo. How much damage it does, how many frames it takes.

The reason I am asking is that I always only got pieces from the patch notes when something is changed. And sometimes I would like to know how long something takes. For example now, with the parry changes, you know exactly what kind of window you have.

if I paraphrase a part of what was told: "After parrying heavy attack, you have a 600ms window, so you can throw anything that takes 600ms or less". Now, I would like to know what takes that time for a certain character and what is a viable attack to use.

Do you think such a list would be difficult to add? For example somewhere in the move list. You could access a table of timings and damages.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Thank you, this is... kind of what I was looking for, but I guess this will have to do.

I was hoping for some official list, that can be accessed through the game's web page or even in the game. Something like in Mortal Kombat 9 or X (I am not sure which one). There you can access exact information about each attack and combo. How much damage it does, how many frames it takes.

The reason I am asking is that I always only got pieces from the patch notes when something is changed. And sometimes I would like to know how long something takes. For example now, with the parry changes, you know exactly what kind of window you have.

if I paraphrase a part of what was told: "After parrying heavy attack, you have a 600ms window, so you can throw anything that takes 600ms or less". Now, I would like to know what takes that time for a certain character and what is a viable attack to use.

Do you think such a list would be difficult to add? For example somewhere in the move list. You could access a table of timings and damages.

No unfortunately there is no official list for this kind of information. All of it is community done and usually updated when things change.
the second link has frame data. Which covers the time of attacks I believe. Youtubers like Freeze and Mege also cover frame data amongst other things.

The new arena (the new practice testing area) has both damage values and stamina values for attacks. I'm unsure if it will have attack speeds as well.
But considering they have those 2 values in coming no I don't think it would be hard for them to add it in.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:30 PM

I think much of this will be incorporated into the new training/arena mode, to arrive during S5, supposedly after the dedi's. You'll be able to see the full raw data of your hero (and damage you take) while you fight.

Edit: Raime beat me to it. Dang.

Kamen42
02-02-2018, 05:35 PM
@Fady117 @Knight_Raime

They add this kind of data to the Arena? I did not know that.
That's nice. That might be exactly what I was hoping for :)

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I'm one of those eagerly awaiting this new mode. Can't wait to delve deep into hella good training. I also hope they add level 4 bots lol. I need them.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:48 PM
@Fady117 @Knight_Raime

They add this kind of data to the Arena? I did not know that.
That's nice. That might be exactly what I was hoping for :)

yeah the idea behind the new and improved practice is to give players more information and also to let players practice against specific situations.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:51 PM
yeah the idea behind the new and improved practice is to give players more information and also to let players practice against specific situations.

That's right. I also saw it's going to be a literal 'arena mode' with duellists taking turns, if you go 'online' in the new mode; and Daubeny overlording the whole thing, from the sneak peek during the previous Den.

It's going to be a good one.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 07:19 PM
That's right. I also saw it's going to be a literal 'arena mode' with duellists taking turns, if you go 'online' in the new mode; and Daubeny overlording the whole thing, from the sneak peek during the previous Den.

It's going to be a good one.

I was confused when I saw it. if they literally created a way for us to sepectate duels other than simply just dying and watching others fight i'm a happy dude.

bmason1000
02-03-2018, 03:44 AM
While that info isn't technically "official," I'm tracking it can be acquired on PC in- game. I'm not sure how exactly but the creators/contributors of those docs explained it. Point is, the information is 100% accurate where updated. Frame data hasn't been updated in a while so some of that may not be, but the big damage/speed/other doc is updated consistently so THAT one you can trust as gospel.