PDA

View Full Version : Far cry 5 zombies mode?

AW LOST SOLDIER
02-02-2018, 04:16 PM
With the announcement of fc5 zombies dlc, could this mean the map editor will have a zombies mode? fingers crossed.

AW LOST SOLDIER
02-02-2018, 06:27 PM
I think a zombies mode in the editor would pull in more people to use the map editor.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
02-02-2018, 07:54 PM
YES, I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DID IT! THIS IS GREAT!

But yes, Devs I know you may not be able to release info to us yet, but please do whatever you can to get Zombies into the map editor at least at some capacity, whether it be in multiplayer or single player modes. Surely some of you have watched the Walking Dead- imagine Prison VS Woodbury maps, 6v6 plus zombies littered around the map, with objectives to go out and loot buildings. I know that may not be the vision for the editor, but just an idea!

ducain23
02-03-2018, 06:15 AM
The DLC shown looks really cool and has so much potential with the map editor! Hopefully they will add the assets when it releases!

Steve64b
02-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Hmmmm, I love the idea of zombies, but am worried how they will appear in the game. After all, Far Cry so far hasn't seen much dismemberment, blood & gore. Zombies without all that doesn't really do it for me...

If they DO add more gore last-minute, I'm thrilled! Who knows, perhaps mauling someone with the combine harvester will actually create a pile of red goo, instead of a disappearing cloud of red smoke. ;)

I do think there won't be a zombies "mode" in the Map Editor. At most, the zombies could appear as 'regular' (ambient) enemies. But judging from the past, DLC content may not be available in the editor at all...

Steve64b
02-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Well, though there was indeed a Blood Dragon Map Pack released for Far Cry 3, it was never released on PC. Which is the platform I'm on. :P

belouadahsakher
02-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Please ubisoft do this, assets should be utilizable by season pass holders

ImGonaG3tUsucka
02-05-2018, 05:45 PM
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but we know very little about the season pass. If these themes are similar in scope to blood dragon, I would say its well worth it. But they could be the size and scope of what you can make in the FC 4 map editor just reskinned. Even if that was the case and they released some of the assets of the season pass like Maritain spiders, zombies and Vietnam era military equipment It would definitely be worth it to me. My problem is the lack of communication and the lack of ubisofts advertising department to celebrate the features of the game, most notable the map editor. Its becoming a repeated theme in Far Cry.. wait to the last minute..to say anything about it. If I had to guess it probably the last thing they work on. But you would think features of the editor and assets from the season pass could be advertized.

The season pass does look very interesting and I really like the themes but please ubisoft give us more info. Show the world what the editor can do.. You have a new game coming out and a whole new group of gamers who will probably be saying the same thing to me..."I NEVR KNEW IT HAD AN EDITOR. WOW. Why don't they (Ubisoft) advertise this." I say your guess is as good as mine. Its a unque feature that ubisoft seems at odds with and it shows. Here are my thoughts on the season pass.(video). Also mappers just republishing other mappers maps without even changing a thing in the map. which was what the video was orginally going to be until I saw the season pass.

https://youtu.be/XE0tEhubbEs

NAKKI_PRO
02-05-2018, 10:05 PM
I really really would like to see Vietnam era US.Army against zombies. I can only imagine the maps I could make with these tools....