PDA

View Full Version : Discussing the parry changes

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 02:30 PM
I know we don't have full notes yet d: but I wanted to have a decent speculation post because man oh man I was looking forward to these amongst everything else. This is the one change that undeniably is going to shake up the current accepted tier lists. And because i'm a nerd this pleases me. So for those who don't know FOR THE MOST PART parrying a heavy gets you a light and parrying a light gives your most damaging heavy (exceptions like fully charged heavies.) Also you can now counter guard break if someone grabs you after a parry. They are absolutely making individual hero changes on top of these in order to balance things. I'm not going to talk every hero since I don't have good experience with all:

Centurion....He no longer gets his max light parry punish. Which for the record was parry>fully charged heavy> fully charged jab> pounce attack. Only way that's happening in a 1v1 now is with a wall. and in order to do that you need a throw from a GB. and since parries don't give those now...you see where i'm going. However. He's got parry counter which like all other parry counters should be confirmed regardless of what kind of parry. it does massive stamina damage and gives a free uncharged heavy. Which does lead into his mix up of heavies and soft feinting to GB. And the knee portion of the parry counter also splats. So despite losing his light parry punish he's not getting hit too hard. He might move down a position or 2. but not a tier.

PK:...Normal punish for pk is a gb with triple stab. and all of her extended max punishes involve a throw and triple stab. GB is no longer given in parry. She does have soft feint raw heavy into a GB. But that's a toss up. It can't be done mid combo which would help. I'm not well versed with pk so I don't know how much this hurts her. On one hand she doesn't have really great punishes now. On the other hand the rest of her kit is still very solid. The changes might knock her from best duel hero But I don't think it will take her out of S tier.

Orochi...His double light damage was nerfed in lue of the parry changes. As he'd have the best heavy parry punish in the game by a wide gap. But they buffed both deflects by a good amount. Despite this nerf I think he might go up a position. Maybe 2. depends on how much deflect becomes relevant in the coming months. I base this off of how flexible his hurricane blast is.

Shaman....no longer gets the max punish of heavy into unblockable heavy. She really didn't have a particularly strong punish outside that. But she does still have bite. Which she gets off of a throw. and people still struggle to dodge a raw bite. so she might not change much in terms of position. I can see both sides to the debate though.

Berzerker...No longer has her max punish. if people can tech out of her deflect now (not sure) then she absolutely got hit hard. I can easily see her going down a few positions as her max punish and getting a heavy off of nearly any parry was really the only thing she had going for her. But we don't know the extent of her remake. So can't say for sure regardless.

Shinobi...no longer gets sickle rain from light parry. But he's had a pretty good deflect for awhile. I don't think the parry changes really effect him. probably won't move at all.

Gladiator....will still get skewer on deflect. which is decent. And will still get heavy off of light parry. Like shinobi I don't think the changes effect him much. might change his matchups though.

Warden....will be slightly less effective on the parry front since he won't be able to get top heavies off of both light and heavy parries now. But it's still possible to get a raw top heavy off of a light parry. So while it is technically a nerf he probably won't change position at all.

EDIT: change my warden post because am bad.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Warden....ouch. No longer will you get top heavies. as you need a GB and wall throw to get it. If you still frequently catch people with SB mix up then he might not change much for you. But in higher brackets this just further cements how poor warden is right now.

Any Warden worth his salt will parry lights for top heavies; other Wardens who fish for GB and SB spam got this parry nerf rightfully so up their noses. There's more to Warden than SB, zone, and parry fish.

I agree about Centurion, Shinobi and Orochi while considering his other damage nerfs. This will definitely change how heroes are distributed across tiers.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Any Warden worth his salt will parry lights for top heavies; other Wardens who fish for GB and SB spam got this parry nerf rightfully so up their noses. There's more to Warden than SB, zone, and parry fish.

I agree about Centurion, Shinobi and Orochi while considering his other damage nerfs. This will definitely change how heroes are distributed across tiers.

Warden gets a raw top heavy from parrying a light? hmm. Didn't know. I was used to my friend always GBing me after a parry for a splat into heavy.
I guess as long as the top heavy is within 900ms then he should still get it.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Warden gets a raw top heavy from parrying a light? hmm. Didn't know. I was used to my friend always GBing me after a parry for a splat into heavy.
I guess as long as the top heavy is within 900ms then he should still get it.

Yessum. I do it all the time when parrying Nobushi/Orochi/Glad/Raider lights and Warden top lights (they're the most frequent lights I parry, others are not so frequent).

Your friend, with all due respect... shouldn't use Warden. :P

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Yessum. I do it all the time when parrying Nobushi/Orochi/Glad lights and Warden top lights (they're the most frequent lights I parry, others are not so frequent).

Your friend, with all due respect... shouldn't use Warden. :P

And yes, the top heavy isn't anywhere near 900ms. It's 800ms I believe.

oh my friend is really good aha. potentially he's even done raw top heavy after a light parry.
all I remember (since we haven't sparred in awhile) is constantly being tossed into walls and crushing counters.

good to know then. i'll change my post.

Charmzzz
02-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Warden: Top Heavy is 40 Damage @ 900ms (you might get it after a parried Light) while Side Heavy is 30 Damage @ 800ms which will be guaranteed off a parried Light 100%. If your opponent attacks you from Top stance you will want to Crushing Counter anyway instead of parry as it is 40 Damage and flows into a SB.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:17 PM
oh my friend is really good aha. potentially he's even done raw top heavy after a light parry.
all I remember (since we haven't sparred in awhile) is constantly being tossed into walls and crushing counters.

good to know then. i'll change my post.

Warden doesn't really need to toss into walls since side heavies are guaranteed on any parry or GB (no longer as of S5, seeing as heavies are no longer guaranteed on heavy parry), and his CC is situational as it only works against top attacks.

I removed the line about attack speed because not 100% sure about his top heavy attack speed, I should look it up before posting numbers. But I do believe it was around 800ms or more.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Warden: Top Heavy is 40 Damage @ 900ms (you might get it after a parried Light) while Side Heavy is 30 Damage @ 800ms which will be guaranteed off a parried Light 100%. If your opponent attacks you from Top stance you will want to Crushing Counter anyway instead of parry as it is 40 Damage and flows into a SB.

Ah thank you for the data. 900ms then.

Yes, CC combo (which will take roughly half the HP bar) is always preferable against top attacks, except if it's an unblockable. As of S5, it's going to be parry > light attack and devise a punish from there. Which I like. The harder it is to land heavy-hitters, the better.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Yeah I love that it flows into SB.
I corrected my warden post.
Care to share your thoughts on pk after the nerfs?
I know you play her a ton.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Warden doesn't really need to toss into walls since side heavies are guaranteed on any parry or GB (no longer as of S5, seeing as heavies are no longer guaranteed on heavy parry), and his CC is situational as it only works against top attacks.

I removed the line about attack speed because not 100% sure about his top heavy attack speed, I should look it up before posting numbers. But I do believe it was around 800ms or more.

He probably did side heavies too. Like of all the wardens I fight he's still the best. I just remember things weirdly.
I remember picking up warden myself a long time ago. Crushing counter still is one of the most satisfying things to me. Thighlanders seems easier timing wise.
I actually spent some time learning to parry crushing counter from both heros. Kind of miss that too aha.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:31 PM
He probably did side heavies too. Like of all the wardens I fight he's still the best. I just remember things weirdly.
I remember picking up warden myself a long time ago. Crushing counter still is one of the most satisfying things to me. Thighlanders seems easier timing wise.
I actually spent some time learning to parry crushing counter from both heros. Kind of miss that too aha.

Highlander's CC is amazing because it goes on all sides. It's awesome, however there's a trade-off: it stops there, no followups. I'll still take a one-sided CC which can flow into a combo any day. The only time you can followup with Highlander is if you switch to Offensive Stance and kick/grab/unblockable, but that's risky, with a lot more recovery time.

Parrying lights and CCs is awesome. Well, when it works. With all the latency in most matches, I can't count how many times I've failed light parries and got me severly punished. All good though, it's all about the practice.

I wish I met a number of real good Wardens. Only two I know of: one is a startup youtuber and friend of mine, the other is a famed one (Havok). I heard Playfiends is awesome as well but I don't check him out much.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Highlander's CC is amazing because it goes on all sides. It's awesome, however there's a trade-off: it stops there, no followups. I'll still take a one-sided CC which can flow into a combo any day. The only time you can followup with Highlander is if you switch to Offensive Stance and kick/grab/unblockable, but that's risky, with a lot more recovery time.

Parrying lights and CCs is awesome. Well, when it works. With all the latency in most matches, I can't count how many times I've failed light parries and got me severly punished. All good though, it's all about the practice.

I wish I met a number of real good Wardens. Only two I know of: one is a startup youtuber and friend of mine, the other is a famed one (Havok). I heard Playfiends is awesome as well but I don't check him out much.

Yeah it's good for that reason. I just never got why I was able to do his easier than wardens. either way his didn't feel as rewarding. Maybe he can do that now though that he's constantly regenning stamina when going into and being in Offensive form.

They fixed it awhile ago so now it's literally impossible to parry CC or highlanders CC, OR parrying his follow up unblockable heavy after a kick or a toss. it was stupid that it was even possible but it made me feel amazing so i'm going to miss it lmao.

well both me and him are on xbox so sadly you can't play with us. But he quit awhile ago anyway because all he gets is frustration from the game now. mainly due to the dlc heros. (i'm mostly to blame since I play a lot of centurion and he hates that guy aha.) he really only wardens. But he's picked up shinobi and nobushi as other "mains." Havok/iskys were the 2 wardens I watched.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Yeah it's good for that reason. I just never got why I was able to do his easier than wardens. either way his didn't feel as rewarding. Maybe he can do that now though that he's constantly regenning stamina when going into and being in Offensive form.

They fixed it awhile ago so now it's literally impossible to parry CC or highlanders CC, OR parrying his follow up unblockable heavy after a kick or a toss. it was stupid that it was even possible but it made me feel amazing so i'm going to miss it lmao.

well both me and him are on xbox so sadly you can't play with us. But he quit awhile ago anyway because all he gets is frustration from the game now. mainly due to the dlc heros. (i'm mostly to blame since I play a lot of centurion and he hates that guy aha.) he really only wardens. But he's picked up shinobi and nobushi as other "mains." Havok/iskys were the 2 wardens I watched.

It is in instances like this that I wish I was on Xbox!

I honestly like challenging a Centurion, and attempt to deny him all his combos and punishes. It just feels good. Same for Aramusha and Gladiator. Shaman on the other hand... I like challenging her, but the tolerance threshold is lower, I'll get annoyed faster because in the end what most Shamans aim for is landing a bleed then a bite. You'll often spend the match avoiding a bleed and a bite. Rather than, you know, fighting.

And yeah, you can no longer parry Highlander's followup unblockable on kick/grab, it's a guaranteed and it's fair. Poor guy already spends a big chunk of stamina to pull that off. He should get something out of it.
I think even going into Offensive Stance will get risky against competent players because Offensive Stance is cancellable with a quick light. Highlanders will almost always have to exercise extra caution because of this special ability. No other hero has such a stance switch, it's like Highlander is a true pinnacle in combat flexibility with the stance switching, but is forced to keep it a bit hush-hush to adapt to the other heroes.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:52 PM
It is in instances like this that I wish I was on Xbox!

I honestly like challenging a Centurion, and attempt to deny him all his combos and punishes. It just feels good. Same for Aramusha and Gladiator. Shaman on the other hand... I like challenging her, but the tolerance threshold is lower, I'll get annoyed faster because in the end what most Shamans aim for is landing a bleed then a bite. You'll often spend the match avoiding a bleed and a bite. Rather than, you know, fighting.

And yeah, you can no longer parry Highlander's followup unblockable on kick/grab, it's a guaranteed and it's fair. Poor guy already spends a big chunk of stamina to pull that off. He should get something out of it.
I think even going into Offensive Stance will get risky against competent players because Offensive Stance is cancellable with a quick light. Highlanders will almost always have to exercise extra caution because of this special ability. No other hero has such a stance switch, it's like Highlander is a true pinnacle in combat flexibility with the stance switching, but is forced to keep it a bit hush-hush to adapt to the other heroes.

Centurion is a complete joke against me honestly. I never fall for his mix up. I feel so bad for them when i'm playing as a cent myself especially aha.
Eh my main struggle with shaman is her wildcats rage. In all honesty a passive shaman is what gets me the most. the guys who sit there and wait for anything from you and then they respond with wildcats rage. I can usually deal with shaman if they mix up their game entirely or go for the unblockable heavy mix ups. But it's the ones that literally wait on you that get me. I guess that can be said in general. I'm much too aggressive and it just pisses me off to no end when people wait for you the whole match.

oh yes he should. Just as warden shouldn't get parried for pulling a CC. I'm just saying I miss when people would message me and call me a hacker because I parried their crushing counter d:

bob333e
02-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Centurion is a complete joke against me honestly. I never fall for his mix up. I feel so bad for them when i'm playing as a cent myself especially aha.
Eh my main struggle with shaman is her wildcats rage. In all honesty a passive shaman is what gets me the most. the guys who sit there and wait for anything from you and then they respond with wildcats rage. I can usually deal with shaman if they mix up their game entirely or go for the unblockable heavy mix ups. But it's the ones that literally wait on you that get me. I guess that can be said in general. I'm much too aggressive and it just pisses me off to no end when people wait for you the whole match.

oh yes he should. Just as warden shouldn't get parried for pulling a CC. I'm just saying I miss when people would message me and call me a hacker because I parried their crushing counter d:

Passive Shamans who spam WCR and dodge heavies, passive PKs who are adept at hit-and-run, and Shinobis who play the range game all the time. These three are extremely annoying. I feel you.

I hope they'll fix Shaman's WCR indicators, the sooner the better. Those indicators are just not right. She can also land that jump attack from all three directions, and each has a different speed... that's one good definition of a cheesy move. I got used to CCing/parrying her top WCR, but her side WCR are just bonkers. I'm forced to turtle.

I still meet some Cents who pull heavy soft feints into GB, LK into light, pause, heavy cancel as parry bait (or another soft feint), or straight up throw two side heavies from each side to stagger you when you block, then attempt a light for chip damage. And they'll usually gravitate towards a wall. They'll also dash forward and not immediately kick, to bait a dodge, to land a GB. These are the only Cents I still find challenging to counter.

Ahah, CC should rightfully be unparryable, but skill is op, my friend; you'll always be called names when you successfully counter a thought-to-be-uncounterable maneuver.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Passive Shamans who spam WCR and dodge heavies, passive PKs who are adept at hit-and-run, and Shinobis who play the range game all the time. These three are extremely annoying. I feel you.

I hope they'll fix Shaman's WCR indicators, the sooner the better. Those indicators are just not right. She can also land that jump attack from all three directions, and each has a different speed... that's one good definition of a cheesy move. I got used to CCing/parrying her top WCR, but her side WCR are just bonkers. I'm forced to turtle.

I still meet some Cents who pull heavy soft feints into GB, LK into light, pause, heavy cancel as parry bait (or another soft feint), or straight up throw two side heavies from each side to stagger you when you block, then attempt a light for chip damage. And they'll usually gravitate towards a wall. These are the only Cents I still find challenging to counter.

Ahah, CC should rightfully be unparryable, but skill is op, my friend; you'll always be called names when you successfully counter a thought-to-be-uncounterable maneuver.

I personally just block left when dealing with WCR spam. as it's the fastest there. and I block/parry the other directions on reaction. Yeah I reported the bug to them a month ago and they're working on a fix from what i've been told. For now though I just use her distance as an indicator. She always leaps at you for the attack halfway between where she dashed and you.

I've never fought a passive pk to be honest. Most of them just light light in rando directions and throw zone. it's gotten so predictable I can usually block the zone. I would love to fight a PK who actually uses her kit. I've only fought like 3 shinobi's who play the range game. they too usually are aggressive with me.

For me what I typically do is look for parries constantly. Double hilt smack after GB and then throw if near a wall. When they're OOS i'll play a mix up game of running gb/delayed kick.
and i'll randomly throw light or double light and follow through with a quick throw. usually not though unless they're near a wall as qt splats. the other major thing I honestly do is switch between 2 random heavies in a row and heavy hard feint into legion kick. And there I will occasionally throw a jab just to mess with them after their conditioned. I don't really use his main mix up anymore as most people actually get out of it despite varrying my timing. I really only attempt the mix up after I land a parry counter.

yeah true. I'd rather have that then some guy down talk me because I optimally always wall throwed this aramusha for the cutscene whenever possible.

BarbeQMichael
02-02-2018, 04:47 PM
They fixed it awhile ago so now it's literally impossible to parry CC or highlanders CC, OR parrying his follow up unblockable heavy after a kick or a toss

This really was something ridiculous, now it only needs the fix that it is actually a guaranteed hit after kick. As of now it is possible that you kick your enemy too far, so you your heavy will miss, and that guarantees free gb or whatever punish your enemy wants to do.

And before the update, there really isn't point in parrying as HL, you would get only 15dmg in or 25 if you had full stamina, CC at least did 30dmg but that cant be used on lights because 100ms startup delay + 100ms guardchange delay makes it practically impossible to perform on 500ms lights, unlike parry which doesn't have either of those penalties, but also does not reward much.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 04:58 PM
This really was something ridiculous, now it only needs the fix that it is actually a guaranteed hit after kick. As of now it is possible that you kick your enemy too far, so you your heavy will miss, and that guarantees free gb or whatever punish your enemy wants to do.

And before the update, there really isn't point in parrying as HL, you would get only 15dmg in or 25 if you had full stamina, CC at least did 30dmg but that cant be used on lights because 100ms startup delay + 100ms guardchange delay makes it practically impossible to perform on 500ms lights, unlike parry which doesn't have either of those penalties, but also does not reward much.

They reduced the range his kick kicks people. so it should be guaranteed now.
I forgot what move is now guaranteed on parry. I think it was ballors might.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 05:05 PM
I'd rather have that then some guy down talk me because I optimally always wall throwed this aramusha for the cutscene whenever possible.

I can imagine the lols.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/4/4c/Salt_mountain.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150406010710

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:06 PM
I can imagine the lols.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/4/4c/Salt_mountain.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150406010710

They were actually quite angry. Like it was a bit scary.

Morpheus256
02-02-2018, 05:19 PM
I think they shouldn't have messed with light parry recovery times. Now that Cent gets one uncharged heavy for both heavy and light parries there's no incentive to parry lights anymore.

Also, heavy dash attacks like PK's and Shaman's might be too safe now that you only get a light after parrying those.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 05:26 PM
I think they shouldn't have messed with light parry recovery times. Now that Cent gets one uncharged heavy for both heavy and light parries there's no incentive to parry lights anymore.

Also, heavy dash attacks like PK's and Shaman's might be too safe now that you only get a light after parrying those.

I mean you could also argue that as well but from the fact that he gets parry counter on both as well. At that point i'd say looking at the game in a spread sheet fashion is just detrimental.
Like taking orochi as an example. his side lights are actually decently fast. But because top light hits harder people don't see any value in those. You raise a point. I'm just not sure if that is a problem we need to look at.

Pk's is a decent point since it gives her a bleed poke. Shamans not so much. shamans is already safe due to vary timings on which side she attacks from. and the indicators are bugged. There is recovery on the front end of it though. meaning if she whiffs it you can get her for an untechable GB.

Okita_Soji..
02-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Didn't they say something in the den about parrying distances for those with the longer weapons? I was parrying a Raider last night and I couldn't hit him without the guard break as an orochi. When I tried the light or heavy I wiffed. It was against his zone and the parry pushed him too far away. If I hit GB I scooted up to him and was able to land a blow, but that will be gone soon so I was playing around.

Arekonator
02-02-2018, 07:06 PM
I guess we will now see more warlords using parry counter into stab for 12 damage, stun and nice chunk of stamina damage. I dont remember parry counter + heavy ever landing since the change that made it not guaranteed.
And as lawbringer, according to the reddit patchnotes i should still keep all my parry punishes the same way they are, just with slightly different timings which makes me happy. Now when parry GB and related punishes are out of the picture, he might now have one of the best, if not the best punishes in the game. It doesnt fix his 1v1 problems, but it might actually make him slightly better.

Arekonator
02-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Didn't they say something in the den about parrying distances for those with the longer weapons? I was parrying a Raider last night and I couldn't hit him without the guard break as an orochi. When I tried the light or heavy I wiffed. It was against his zone and the parry pushed him too far away. If I hit GB I scooted up to him and was able to land a blow, but that will be gone soon so I was playing around.

Parrying a guy is supposed to move you 1m forward after the change, to ensure you can get hit in.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 07:16 PM
I guess we will now see more warlords using parry counter into stab for 12 damage, stun and nice chunk of stamina damage. I dont remember parry counter + heavy ever landing since the change that made it not guaranteed.
And as lawbringer, according to the reddit patchnotes i should still keep all my parry punishes the same way they are, just with slightly different timings which makes me happy. Now when parry GB and related punishes are out of the picture, he might now have one of the best, if not the best punishes in the game. It doesnt fix his 1v1 problems, but it might actually make him slightly better.

" I dont remember parry counter + heavy ever landing since the change that made it not guaranteed."
are you referring to centurion?
because they never changed it so that wasn't a thing. the only change they made to the parry counter chain is it no longer gives an uncharged jab after the heavy.
But feel free to try it out yourself.

Arekonator
02-02-2018, 08:52 PM
" I dont remember parry counter + heavy ever landing since the change that made it not guaranteed."
are you referring to centurion?
because they never changed it so that wasn't a thing. the only change they made to the parry counter chain is it no longer gives an uncharged jab after the heavy.
But feel free to try it out yourself.

I was talking about warlord. Counter-slash heavy after parry counter was guaranteed every time, as long as the attack didnt came from your left. As a part of the great warlord nerf they decided to replace the counter-slash with raw heavy which is harder to see due to stun but fully blockable. Since that, i dont remember seeing someone even attempt it, much less land it. And the light stab was just too weak,compared to alternatives, so no one bothered to use it bar few specific situations, because alternatives were vastly superior,
I honestly dont know how you got the impression i was talking about cent, because i didnt even mention him.
I merely attempted to comment on clases you didnt touched in your original post.

S0Mi_xD
02-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Berzerker...No longer has her max punish. if people can tech out of her deflect now (not sure) then she absolutely got hit hard. I can easily see her going down a few positions as her max punish and getting a heavy off of nearly any parry was really the only thing she had going for her. But we don't know the extent of her remake. So can't say for sure regardless.

Na - deflect GB shouldn't be touched at all - it would be ridiculous to make her deflect techable, it's the same as removing it completly ^^
Yeah - Top heavy out of every heavy will hurt her, but like you say, we can't say so much because we don't know the full extend of her changes.

Knight_Raime
02-03-2018, 04:44 PM
I was talking about warlord. Counter-slash heavy after parry counter was guaranteed every time, as long as the attack didnt came from your left. As a part of the great warlord nerf they decided to replace the counter-slash with raw heavy which is harder to see due to stun but fully blockable. Since that, i dont remember seeing someone even attempt it, much less land it. And the light stab was just too weak,compared to alternatives, so no one bothered to use it bar few specific situations, because alternatives were vastly superior,
I honestly dont know how you got the impression i was talking about cent, because i didnt even mention him.
I merely attempted to comment on clases you didnt touched in your original post.

I'm not very familiar with warlord and the original wording seemed broken into 2 seperate characters.
I apologize.

Knight_Raime
02-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Na - deflect GB shouldn't be touched at all - it would be ridiculous to make her deflect techable, it's the same as removing it completly ^^
Yeah - Top heavy out of every heavy will hurt her, but like you say, we can't say so much because we don't know the full extend of her changes.

Yeah fady and I think that because it's a different stun animation compared to parry it shouldn't effect it.