PDA

View Full Version : OK the nerf of heavy parry, but light parry punish still is unfair..

matt89connor
02-02-2018, 08:25 AM
there are attacks that have 500, or even 400 ms, and they suffer the same punish like attacks that have 600 ms, i think this isn't fair.
Even between 400 and 500 there is a very big difference ,especially a combo of attacks that have 500 ms , is easy to stop by parry sys.

Charmzzz
02-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Maybe wait until Dedicated Servers are Online and then call something "unfair"? I think that this will enable alot of players to parry 500ms attacks more often.

Also, do not forget that Characters that have only 600ms lights (and these are only Conq, Raider, Shugo and Highlander) have other tools to get their damage in.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 10:48 AM
considering they have made character specific changes in regards to the parry nerfs you can bet they know where to look for other people and their punishes. They also specifically stated some heros will have more options. I think that is fine to be honest. So long as most light parry punishes (that are insanely strong) are gone and the only insane damage comes from OOS punishes I'll be happy.

matt89connor
02-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Maybe wait until Dedicated Servers are Online and then call something "unfair"? I think that this will enable alot of players to parry 500ms attacks more often.

Also, do not forget that Characters that have only 600ms lights (and these are only Conq, Raider, Shugo and Highlander) have other tools to get their damage in.

agree, dedicated servers will give us the answer about the "unfair" , but for now the lights parry punish is unfair between 400ms lights and 600ms lights attacks.

matt89connor
02-02-2018, 10:58 AM
considering they have made character specific changes in regards to the parry nerfs you can bet they know where to look for other people and their punishes. They also specifically stated some heros will have more options. I think that is fine to be honest. So long as most light parry punishes (that are insanely strong) are gone and the only insane damage comes from OOS punishes I'll be happy.

yeah that is true , insane parry punishes are gone (centurion for example), hope they watch more close the light parries when season 5 start and the OOS punish.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 11:09 AM
yeah that is true , insane parry punishes are gone (centurion for example), hope they watch more close the light parries when season 5 start and the OOS punish.

Off the top of my head I think most light parries that are known for being strong are gone. But i'm not intimate with the entire roster.
Centurion basically can't confirm his combo anymore without a wall throw. and considering you don't get a GB from parries now you'll have to catch someone with his soft feint mix up.
He'll still have access to his parry counter+ heavy post nerf. which is a boat load of stamina damage and however much his heavy does. But yeah. I would be surprised if this doesn't take him down a tier in duels.

BTTrinity
02-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Nobushi also has 600ms lights if im not mistaking. (One of her changes is to throw top lights out of HS at 500ms from 600ms) but yes, the same does go for her (Having more tools to put out damage)

BarbeQMichael
02-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Nobushi also has 600ms lights if im not mistaking. (One of her changes is to throw top lights out of HS at 500ms from 600ms) but yes, the same does go for her (Having more tools to put out damage)

I remember her having 600ms only from top, and sides were 500ms

Charmzzz
02-02-2018, 01:59 PM

First side Light Attack is 500ms on Nobu.