PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy?

tjbyrum1
06-09-2011, 06:31 AM
I use to think Assassin's Creed went like this:
Starts good, gets better, gets even more better...

But lately I started seeing this:
Good, Okay, Bit Worser...

So how do you see it? Do you think Assassin's Creed is getting better over time? Or do you see it getting worse over time?

Personally, I find the games get better and better each time in terms of gameplay and features. The storylines are okay, but generally they're all interesting to me and I like them all equally. My only complaint is the missions - which I seem to dislike the more they come out.

In AC 1, you was given a city and a target. You knew nothing about this target, except that he was in that city. You had to go around the city and collect intel from various people. This intel helped locate the target, and also affected the difficulty (more missions you do = easier assassination). You then was given the targets location, and from there you could do whatever possible to try and assassinate him. I liked this idea, and it made me feel more like an Assassin. The newer AC are all about "Go here, do this, do that, go there, kill him, fight those..." and it doesn't give you a good overall feel. At least, to me.

Nothing is wrong with the series, but I wish they'd revert back to an AC 1 idea, where you could do missions freely in any order (as in the side missions) and then was given lots of options to assassinate your target. Now, the whole outlook of it IS rather repetitive - but I think Ubi could manage to fix that.

tjbyrum1
06-09-2011, 06:31 AM

So how do you see it? Do you think Assassin's Creed is getting better over time? Or do you see it getting worse over time?

Personally, I find the games get better and better each time in terms of gameplay and features. The storylines are okay, but generally they're all interesting to me and I like them all equally. My only complaint is the missions - which I seem to dislike the more they come out.

In AC 1, you was given a city and a target. You knew nothing about this target, except that he was in that city. You had to go around the city and collect intel from various people. This intel helped locate the target, and also affected the difficulty (more missions you do = easier assassination). You then was given the targets location, and from there you could do whatever possible to try and assassinate him. I liked this idea, and it made me feel more like an Assassin. The newer AC are all about "Go here, do this, do that, go there, kill him, fight those..." and it doesn't give you a good overall feel. At least, to me.

Nothing is wrong with the series, but I wish they'd revert back to an AC 1 idea, where you could do missions freely in any order (as in the side missions) and then was given lots of options to assassinate your target. Now, the whole outlook of it IS rather repetitive - but I think Ubi could manage to fix that.

phil.llllll
06-09-2011, 06:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I liked this idea, and it made me feel more like an Assassin. The newer AC are all about "Go here, do this, do that, go there, kill him, fight those..." and it doesn't give you a good overall feel. At least, to me.

Nothing is wrong with the series, but I wish they'd revert back to an AC 1 idea, where you could do missions freely in any order (as in the side missions) and then was given lots of options to assassinate your target. Now, the whole outlook of it IS rather repetitive - but I think Ubi could manage to fix that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I think they need to get back to the roots and expand upon, and rethink, a lot of those ideas.

Thug-U
06-09-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:

Nothing is wrong with the series, but I wish they'd revert back to an AC 1 idea, where you could do missions freely in any order (as in the side missions) and then was given lots of options to assassinate your target. Now, the whole outlook of it IS rather repetitive - but I think Ubi could manage to fix that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think it's because you were a different assassin in AC, because you just did your master's bidding, but in AC2 and ACB, you wanted to kill your targets to get your revenge.

Turkiye96
06-09-2011, 07:50 AM
AC2 was golden and totally beat the others ( exept for game play) in my opinion

iN3krO
06-09-2011, 08:11 AM
I won't say i hate the new gameplay features, i just think that they are too umbalanced, hidden blade is now umbalanced (the best weapon should be the hardest to use in my opinion, like in ac1), killstreaks are now umbalanced, the AI of Ac2/B is not AI, Ac2 had ******ed guys, AcB got Guards with Standard Values... The killstreaks are umbalanced (for a so good thing it should require skill). Also we can see the health and the guards and make a strategy based on it... at Ac1 you had to have skill to know +/- how mux health they had...

On stealthy, they have made ALMOST everything perfect and balanced... except for the bar on guard's head that tell you how suspicious they are... there should still be the yellow/red eye or anything like that so you had to have "skill" to look arround and see which guards would spot you... Also, if you hide with ppl or in anything you will see the guards will go diretly too you... like, if there are 3 groups of ppl the guard SHOULD start searching on the nearest one, if you are on the last it would make the time needed to be safe and the guard stop searching for you, but in AcB the guards go exatly to the group of ppl where u are blending which is ******ED... The rest is ok...

For the story, Ac1 was good in one things and Ac2 in others (also in the missions)... AcB story was good too, you start to get an hide place to make the brotherhood, than you get ppl to help your cause and than the ppl will start to tell you what they have found... the only thing that i didn't like is that it was more a kind of Assassins Vs Borgias than Assassins Vs Templars...

I'm not really enjoying the way the series is taking cuz it started to be a game that would start a new generation of action games, and Ac1 was really a new type of adventure game, than ubisoft stop thinking about making the new generation of gaming and start thinking about making money and that's where born Ac2 and AcB that was more public friendly (more easy and cartony) and that's why i think the franchise should have taken a better way, leading for the new generation of gaming...

When Ac1 was released i've beaten it once, i thinked it was ok but not surperb, maybe cuz i didn't knew english at that time... Than Ac2 was released and i've played it, i must admit it was the only game that made me be on school thinking about it and how would it finish but when i finished i've played Ac1 again and Ac2 again and than played Ac1 again it's how my love for Ac1 born, i've compared each detail of the 2 games, each dialogue, each mission, each player (yes from the forum you can see who is more Ac1-player and who is more Ac2/B-player)... AcB came out and followed the same way that Ac2 had (which in my opinion wasn't that good) and now i'm in the forum "trolling" to have what ubisoft promised to their customers...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Assassin's Creed™ franchise will combine compelling new gameplay, superb graphics, and an immersive and sophisticated storyline to deliver an epic experience that will launch the action genre into the next generation and beyond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A new GENERATION of GAMING

lukaszep
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah i agree about everything you just said http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Even though AC:R already looks better than AC:B, they need to seriously stop and think after this one and spend more than a year on AC3 to make it the best game...ever.
They seriously need to make the final installment amazing. I know they probably won't because they're making an amazing profit annually now off this franchise, but fans would be much more willing to wait longer to get a great final game than wait a year and get a okay/satisfactory/slightly better finish, which would be a giant slap in the face for the fans and will make everyone p!55*d. And then people will start to lose interest in an annual game and Ubisoft will lose out.
I hope they read this and realize how right i am http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
(Oh don't get me wrong the games have been getting better and better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif)