PDA

View Full Version : Refinable Gear Still Not Clear

HazelrahFirefly
02-02-2018, 01:58 AM
Its Legendary gear that you earn in season 5, as they explained. They also said only some of the gear, and last week it was specifically only the gear with stars after the name.

That means either it is a few weapon sets only.... or they are doing a poor job of explaining.

Is it going to be that ANY legendary piece earned now has a chance to have the star? If so, great.

Tundra 793
02-02-2018, 02:06 AM
As the guy who has to recap this kinda stuff for you people each week; Yeah, Damien needs to be clearer.

The way I've understood it thus far; Season 5 Legendary Gear, available at Rep 9 and up, will be Refineable. But you can apply any other gear visual that you own, to your Refined gear.

For example, you hit Rep 9, and want the standard Raider axe head as your appearence, you simply change the appearence of your Legendary Rep 9 Refined Axe head to the standard one in your inventory.

In other words, Refinable gear is quite rare, and only drops at Rep 9+, but once you have in your inventory, a piece of Refined gear, you can apply any other visual to it.

ChampionRuby50g
02-02-2018, 02:15 AM
Iím assuming that because we arenít getting new Armor variations we can only refine our weapons? Since itís the Season 5 Legendary gear, or am I misunderstanding and we can still refine the regular reskinned Armor once it drops from Rep 9?

Tundra 793
02-02-2018, 02:18 AM
Once again, Damien needs to be clearer...

But from what I gather; While Season 5 will only give us new Weapon Skins, Legendary Armor will also be Refineable past Rep 9. Once your entire equipped gear is Refined, it will display as such for all other players to see.

To make it as concise as humanly possible; Once you hit Reputation 9 on a Hero, some of your loot drops will be Refineable. That's the clearest answer I can give at this point.
Perhaps only the Season 5 specific Weapon drops will be Refineable, but any Legendary Armor set has the potential of being Refineable.

ChampionRuby50g
02-02-2018, 02:54 AM
You do a great job of explaining it with the limited understanding. Cheers Tundra

HazelrahFirefly
02-02-2018, 03:21 AM
I appreciate you typing but... you're guessing the same as I am. We have no idea what can be refined because they are as clear as mud and as thorough as a closed off tunnel with their explanations.

I need a dev to hopefully pop in and fetch some answers.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 07:51 PM
If I understood it right, during Season 5 you'll start looting Legendary gear that has a small diamond icon next to their gear level. These diamond-iconed gear pieces will have less drop rate than Legendary gear without diamond icon.

It is only these gear pieces, which have a small diamond icon next to the gear level, that can be 'refined' past level 30. If you want your usual look to become the 'refined' gear, you change the diamond-iconed gear's look into the look of the gear you'd like.

This means a lot of costs on Change Look and upgrades. Just for a +1% on a stat and a small yellow diamond icon when you refine. Only do that if you're 110% sure you won't be changing your 'refined' gear on a given loadout for eternity.

UbiJurassic
02-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Let's see if I can help clear the confusion. :)

Season 5 Legendary gear will be the only gear that can be refined. While previous season's gear did have stars on them, they will not be refineable. Instead, you will have the option to apply the visual of that set to the new refineable gear in Season 5.

Vakris_One
02-03-2018, 04:34 AM
Sounds like a big steel and salvage sink since we'll have to bring any new Season 5 Legendary gear up to the max level and then spend a ridiculous amount of steel and salvage to refine it further for a negligible 0.5% stat boost. Kinda pointless to be honest and only put there so we can dump a ton of salvage and a fair bit of steel down the drain.