PDA

View Full Version : Highlander and Warden

PolishRifle81
02-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Did the highlander and warden changes happen now or on the 15th?

Tyrjo
02-01-2018, 07:35 PM
On the 15th, all hero changes release with the new season.

Tundra 793
02-01-2018, 07:35 PM
All the changes mentioned on the Den drop on the 15th, with only a few exceptions I point out in the recap.

MassiveD.
02-01-2018, 07:44 PM
What are the Highlander & Warden changes anyway?

BTTrinity
02-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Highlander had way to much to go over, just watch the dev stream when u get the chance.

Warden zone no longer gives free GB when blocked

MassiveD.
02-01-2018, 08:07 PM
Warden zone no longer gives free GB when blocked

xD a zone that is arguably better then PK's - receiving a game breaking buff?

These developers

ChampionRuby50g
02-01-2018, 08:55 PM

These developers

Can you argue how it is currently better than PKs? I also donít see this upgrade been game breaking as you describe.

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Did the highlander and warden changes happen now or on the 15th?

Highlander buffs are welcomed but please don't tell me warden didnt get nerf but a buff?

The_B0G_
02-01-2018, 10:02 PM
Highlander buffs are welcomed but please don't tell me warden didnt get nerf but a buff?

If you block warden zone you don't get a free GB any more. Not really a buff considering nearly every free GB will be gone after the update on the 15th.

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 10:06 PM
If you block warden zone you don't get a free GB any more. Not really a buff considering nearly every free GB will be gone after the update on the 15th.

To be honest the gb after block is deserved, as it should be with pk, oro and who else got the unreactable zone. High risk high reward.

On the parry changes, I seriously hope they will do more than just remove gb from parry, because then assassins will be even more op than they are now, thanks to their alternate parry, deflect, so it wouldn't affect them but just everyone else.

MassiveD.
02-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Can you argue how it is currently better than PKs? I also don’t see this upgrade been game breaking as you describe.

It's better than wardens zone because it doesn't require stamina management, if you do it with PK below 50% stamina accidentally (which is easier than u think in the heat of battle), you are instantly dead.

Wardens zone will be risk free if GB threat is removed

The_B0G_
02-01-2018, 10:21 PM
To be honest the gb after block is deserved, as it should be with pk, oro and who else got the unreactable zone. High risk high reward.

On the parry changes, I seriously hope they will do more than just remove gb from parry, because then assassins will be even more op than they are now, thanks to their alternate parry, deflect, so it wouldn't affect them but just everyone else.

You only get a light from a heavy parry and a heavy from a light parry now, and no more free GBs.

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 11:11 PM
You only get a light from a heavy parry and a heavy from a light parry now, and no more free GBs.

This is what I feared, regular characters can get 15dmg in while assassins get 25-50dmg depending on char.

Guess I have to switch to sinners now, before it was a challenge to play non-assassins but now it will be just idiocy.

The_B0G_
02-01-2018, 11:16 PM
This is what I feared, regular characters can get 15dmg in while assassins get 25-50dmg depending on char.

Guess I have to switch to sinners now, before it was a challenge to play non-assassins but now it will be just idiocy.

They said they are balancing heroes according to this, they mentioned Orochi's double top light, the damage is going from 40 something down to 20 something, don't remember the exact numbers. There is going to be a ton of balances in season 5-6

RenegadeTX2000
02-02-2018, 02:57 AM
I've parried warden zones before on ps4. Only problem I've had with it is that it's hard to actually dodge it, it's tracking should be hit in compensation? but i dunno i like the change, and i don't even main warden.

ChampionRuby50g
02-02-2018, 03:22 AM
It's better than wardens zone because it doesn't require stamina management, if you do it with PK below 50% stamina accidentally (which is easier than u think in the heat of battle), you are instantly dead.

Wardens zone will be risk free if GB threat is removed

Iím confused. I asked why is Wardens zone better than PKs and you replied with why PKs is better. I have Rep 13 PK and Warden and personally as it is now PKs Zone is still better. In 4v4s the stamina is also effected by gear stats, and personally I donít have problems using PK zone cancel unless at 25-30% stamina. Both zones are as difficult as each other to counter Iíd say, PKs been a touch harder due to speed differences. PKs can be canceled, Wardens canít. PKs is safe on block, Wardens currently isnít resulting in a bad punish. Sure itís stamina cost isnít as bad, but that isnít enough to make it better than PKs. If Orochi and PK are not punishable on block, and risk-freewith similar or quicker speeds, why should Wardens be the most risky zone and punishable?

RenegadeTX2000
02-02-2018, 03:38 AM
What makes Wardens Zone superior to PK is that it can whiff punish way better than PK zone. If you are caught pressing a button and missing because of spacing, Wardens zone will smack you, if you try and fake out an attack and warden thinks you just whiffed a move he's still safe. It's a great Spacing tool now instead of a "every now and then button." this is great for Warden mains.

BTTrinity
02-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Wardens zone is 500ms and PK zone is 400ms, wardens zone gives free grabs when blocked but PK doesnt. I wanted them to normalize things by giving free grabs on fast zones like those two.... but honestly, Im fine with it being normalized this way too.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 01:40 PM

These developers

considering how predictable wardens zone is...no. it's not better. getting a GB from a block was always a bandaid solution back when the devs tried to address individual attacks to fix the game rather than fix the core mechanics.

Orochi's zone is 100% reactable. People only struggled with it because of flicker. which is gone. Granted people don't parry it often. but it's blocked like all the time. Least in my skill bracket.
Pk's zone is fine. it only feels bad because of the lack of lag comp. meaning a 400ms attack can feel like 200ms. You expend a ton of stamina to do her zone cancel. So it's even more predictable than wardens zone.

They changed it so heavy parries only give light attacks. Some heros have exceptions.
And light parries give peoples most damaging heavies. exceptions being like you know. a fully charged heavy from goki/centurion. Again some exceptions.
Far as I know they're probably just referring to parry counters.

Zerkers deflect was basically nerfed. Her max punish isn't possible now. orochi's was buffed to be better than his current parry. Which is fine because they nerfed his parry. and deflect is risky.
Pk's deflect was never considered good to begin with. and without GB on parries she loses easy access to her triple stab. so her damage output will be far less. She's also losing her max punishes because of no GB. Shaman no longer gets her left heavy into unblockable left heavy for insane damage. and her deflect gets her bleed. at most she still gets her bite from a throw. But again. No parries give gb now. so she's nerfed. Shinobi doesn't get his sickle rain anymore. He's still got an okay damaging move from deflect though. So yeah. no. Assassins are not really getting better my dude.

EDIT: forgot glad. he'll still get skewer on deflect. which is either meh or decent if a wall is near by. and still get a heavy from a light parry. of all the assassins I think his punishes change the least amount.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 01:46 PM
What makes Wardens Zone superior to PK is that it can whiff punish way better than PK zone. If you are caught pressing a button and missing because of spacing, Wardens zone will smack you, if you try and fake out an attack and warden thinks you just whiffed a move he's still safe. It's a great Spacing tool now instead of a "every now and then button." this is great for Warden mains.

Far as I know both pk zone and warden zone can lunge/track someone after a whiff for whiff punishing.
His zone is the most telegraphed of the 3 fast zones (warden, pk, rochi) and people easily block it these days.
The only thing his zone has going for him compared to pk's other than not needing to time a feint right is it costs less stamina.

I'd say pk's zone is better simply because it's a bigger threat for majority of players due to how little it's telegraphed.
Where as with warden you can get away with one zone. maybe 2 over a duel match. then it's going to get blocked or parried by most players.
Even if people actively look for pk's zone they still struggle with dealing with it. Same goes for her lights. and it's for the same reason. those are not telegraphed well either.