PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood not important to the AC story??? (possible spoilers)

ILIKESOUP94
01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I read in a PlayStation Magazine article a while ago that Assassins Creed: Brotherhood was sort of an add on to AC2 and didn't need to be played to understand the trilogy. Well I still played it (because I absolutely love the AC series!) and how could it not be important???!!! The ending sets up the third game perfectly! I don't understand how it could be "unimportant"...

ILIKESOUP94
01-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I read in a PlayStation Magazine article a while ago that Assassins Creed: Brotherhood was sort of an add on to AC2 and didn't need to be played to understand the trilogy. Well I still played it (because I absolutely love the AC series!) and how could it not be important???!!! The ending sets up the third game perfectly! I don't understand how it could be "unimportant"...

Avl521
01-07-2011, 10:21 PM
What!? playing AC:B is unimportant? the writer of that article was on drugs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

So in the next game when Desmond wakes up amidst a bunch (or two guys) he doesn't know, and Lucy is... (I'll avoid spoilers) the gamer is just gonna go...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by I Didn't Play Brotherhood:
wtf happened here, I leave AC2 inside a truck and all of a sudden this!? WTF! Stupid Article! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ninja_7_7
01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
He came to that conclusion because AC brotherhood isnt part of the trilogy technically.

Avl521
01-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Even if you consider it just an expansion, due to it's ending and the way it happens, if you don't play it you miss a lot if you intend to play AC3.

Maybe they'll do a little video explaining the story, but still, saying you can totally miss brotherhood without anything happening when you play AC3 is not correct.

ninja_7_7
01-07-2011, 10:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
Even if you consider it just an expansion, due to it's ending and the way it happens, if you don't play it you miss a lot if you intend to play AC3.

Maybe they'll do a little video explaining the story, but still, saying you can totally miss brotherhood without anything happening when you play AC3 is not correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know that. But since its not part of the trilogy I can see how people can misunderstand.

Xx El Kino xX
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Well if you're a fan, you won't care what they say and get it anyways

Alpha Ender
01-08-2011, 02:28 AM
The only way it could not be important to the AC story is if, say, it all didn't happen. Which would be like Ubisoft saying, "And then Desmond woke up, peeing himself from that terrifying dream he just had." It wouldn't make sense for it not to have happened.

Noble6
01-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Im sure there will be "happened earlier" video in the beginning of AC3 like there was in ACB.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 03:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noble6:
Im sure there will be "happened earlier" video in the beginning of AC3 like there was in ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even still, If I hadn't played ACB I would probably say something like this..

WHAT! WHEN DID!??! LUCY.... SHE............ What!!!? They found the apple... but.. I need to buy this game.

I wonder how they will present that video, with Desmond in a coma, seeing as he Re-caps things normally.

SWJS
01-08-2011, 04:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wonder how they will present that video, with Desmond in a coma, seeing as he Re-caps things normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shaun could possibly present it, since he usually fills in the role of "Mr. Exposition." It could also be presented by the assassin higher-ups in the form of a report.

Or Desmond could possibly still do it, albeit by subconscious or another method.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 04:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I wonder how they will present that video, with Desmond in a coma, seeing as he Re-caps things normally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shaun could possibly present it, since he usually fills in the role of "Mr. Exposition." It could also be presented by the assassin higher-ups in the form of a report.

Or Desmond could possibly still do it, albeit by subconscious or another method. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gave me an Idea.

He could start off as the new Ancestor ( I hope whoever it is, they are as awesome as Ezio, and Altair ) And "think" Something along the lines of :

Whats happened.... Who am I now...... The last thing I remember is : Etc. Etc. With a NO LUCY, blah blah blah.

RebeccaLH
01-08-2011, 04:35 AM
I think its pretty important.
If i went from ac2 to ac3 it would confuse me that one of the main charachters are dead.

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 08:34 AM
It is extremely important to the story and i dont get it. I thought that we were going to just play as ezio without the animus and desmond... and i'm pretty sure i sore something say that aswell. I think that they could make much more AC games if they keep making games simalar to ACB, they could make a 3.5 after AC 3!

Crouching.Tiger
01-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Maybe Desmond just wakes up in the truck after the Abstergo break-in, and sighs: "Wow, it was all just a dream!" and we get to know that Ezio really was fired from the assassins after the whole failed "assassinate the pope" thing, moved back to Florence, resorted to wine and women of ill repute, and died a syphilic drunk in 1502, remembered by few, loved by none.

Desm0ndmiles
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
It is extremely important to the story and i dont get it. I thought that we were going to just play as ezio without the animus and desmond... and i'm pretty sure i sore something say that aswell. I think that they could make much more AC games if they keep making games simalar to ACB, they could make a 3.5 after AC 3! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But than the AC series would start to suck if they did that.
I mean if there is always a .5 than it'll start to suck

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Not if they pull it off correctly, i really dont want to see the AC series end. I love playing it and if they take about a year making a .5 of AC 3 then they could improve it, or they could do what GTa 4 did with the ballad of gay tony and the lost and damned and make an add on of different assassins with their different stories! then they can make new assassins in different time periods without mucking up with the main story!