PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den February 1st

Tundra 793
02-01-2018, 01:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqPLDCIO3bA

'Nother week, 'Nother Den. The Pope just dropped the infodump for tomorrow's show, emphasis mine;

Hey hey
Sorry to make you wait, things are bonkerstown getting ready for Season 5.
LIVE UPDATE AND MAINTENANCE
Tomorrow, February 1, 2018, there will be a routine server maintenance. This maintenance will bring For Honor to v1.18.1 and include the following.
Conqueror’s “Superior Block” is restored until the Season 5 rework patch (Patch notes coming soon).
[Bug Fix] Tribute will now be integrated into community challenges.
[Bug Fix] Players will no longer be stuck in matchmaking when tournament services has errors.
Tribute Realistic Event Playlist will end at the same time as the maintenance starts on Thursday February 1st at 6:00AM EST / 11:00AM UTC.
Routine infrastructure maintenance.
This maintenance will begin at 6h00 AM EST/ 11h00 PM UTC and will last until 9h30 AM/ 14h30 PM UTC. We are expecting a downtime of 3h30 minutes for all platforms.

And for the Den itself;

Another big show tomorrow. Here's a quick look at what we'll discuss.
New Event Order
Content of the NEXT TWO WEEKS (no Warrior's Den next week)
Showcase of the new Season 5 Legendary Gear w/ our art team
Fight Updates for PARRY CHANGES, HIGHLANDER, and NOBUSHI (other Heroes will be shown next week)
A few other Patch Note Highlights (most of these were covered last week and in the segments mentioned above!)
Lots of info on our big February 8th Event Stream!

Almost feels kinda nice to get next week off, and still get content. We all love the free content.

Forum Community Questions

No word on a Q&A this week, it's a packed show, but if they do have the time for a few questions, please submit them below, and I'll add them here for the team to check out.
There's no guarantee your question will be answered though, please be aware of that.
I'd also love it if y'all could stick to maybe 1 or 2 questions per person, and make them as clear and to the point as you can. That way the team can answer them better, and faster.

Kryltic - Some of the spawn locations for elimination are in very awkward places with plenty of ledges (eg Sanctuary Bridge) . Will you relocate some of these in the same manner as you did for duels and brawls?

Kryltic - Will you look at improving spawn protection? Tribute and Skirmish games can spawn you infront of an enemy.

Plutonium Bug - Can you keep the ledges on zone C on overwatch shut in dominion please?

mrmistark - Are there plans to tone down shamans predators mercy/hunger?

Takuram - Would it be possible to increase the "Extended Region" of South America to the entire American Continent?

Knight_Raime - Are the devs looking into changing any other core mechanics/ideas after the parry changes? e.g. guard breaks

Knight_Raime - Assuming all goes well with the big things coming, is new heros something even being considered for this year?

Illyrian_King - Are there any plans already, to use the Dedicated Servers for running any bigger game mode or at least improving Dominion (adding archers, captains, minions outside of B, etc) ?

Recap

And we're live.

Damien and the Pope on the couch.

Game maintenance is running long, probably another hour to go. Keep an eye on the Twitter for updates. (PS4 and X1 are up)

No Warrior's Den next week, instead will be a big Season Start Stream.

New Community Order; Executioner Event. Perform as many executions as possible, in any type of match. Starts tomorrow.

Content of the Week; Sports Emotes for the DLC Heroes, 7000 Steel each. These go live today.

Content of the Next Week; Executions for all heroes. 7000 Steel each. These go live on the 8th.

Season 5 Details

Damien, Roman and Anthony (texture artist) on the couch with the Pope.

Season 5 launches 2 weeks from today.

Things Coming At Season 5 Launch;

Hero Updates, and Fight Updates/Parry Changes.
XP Boost for Salvage.
Refined Gear. (Some Legendary Season 5 gear can be refined). You can apply any Legendary visual you own to refined gear.
Faction War Strategic Territories.
New Rep Level - 50.

Things coming During Season 5;

Dedicated Servers.
Input Lag Compensation (after the servers)
Arena Mode.

Season 5 Gear showcase.

No new armor sets at Season 5 Launch, but they will come during Season 5.
New weapons are looking pretty wizard.

Their game crashed halfway up the Lawbringers new axe. 'Tis the perils of streaming live.

Questions while we wait for them to reset the showcase;

"What about the ice event weapons?" - Damien repeats that we should keep them, we'll be able to do something with them eventually. They're working on it.

"Are you still working on making inventory space?" - They're still investigating it, but it's not easy.

"Eric, what's the CostCo deal this week?" - A box of frozen chicken nuggets. 100 nuggets for like 8 dollars because they're uncooked.

Gear showcase is back up.
The new weapons are all quite colorful, lots of greens, sapphire gems and such. Still lots of gold though.

3 new weapon sets per hero.

Stefan from the Fight Team enters the couch.

Reworks, and major buffs will be showcased next week.

Parry Changes; The team wanted to rebalance the Risk/Reward of attacking someone, while keeping Parry effective.

1; If you are parried, if you get GBed, you can CGB
2; If your heavy is parried your opponent gets a light attack. (Heavy Parries give you a 600 MS window)
3; If your light is parried your opponent gets a heavy attack. (Light Parries give you a 900 MS window)

Valk and Nobushi will now be in range after getting parried.

There will be several character specific changes, but I recommend waiting until next week to get into detail with them, so we can see all these changes in their full context.

Patch notes for next week will go up on the 8th.

Highlander Details;

Celtic Curse - Hold Heavy and you will fast flow into Offensive Stance. Should help counter blocks/parries. Can use the side switch to switch targets.
Removed Stamina cooldowns while in OF to help him sustain his OF.
All Heavy attacks gets a buff. About 5 points of damage buff to all Heavy attacks.
Defensive Form's second light has reduced recovery, and gives hyper armor on second hit.
Caber Toss - Improved tracking, and better forward movement.
Offensive Form Dodge - Forward movement increased.
Reduced knockback distance from the Kick.
No Mercy execution timing corrected; Now executes when you chop someones arm off.

Nobushi Details;

Zone attack damage nerfed.
Kick speed buffed.
No extra stamina cost if you miss the kick.
Hidden stance top light speed increase, from 600 to 500.
Can't feint if out of stamina.
Side light finishers speed increase.
Swift recoil can now connect to Vipers Retreat.
Side dodge recovery increased.
Heavy sprint attack properties reversed.
Light attacks after hidden stance damage reduction.

Shaman Details;

Knockback of Predator's Hunger reduced.
Throw left was OP, this is fixed.

Shinobi Details;

Fixed issue where Shinobi could be GBed out of a kick.
Fixed issue with Charged Kick that could send opponents in weird directions.
Fixed issue where Shinobi's GB could affect wrong opponent.

Warden Details;

Warden's zone no longer gives a free GB when blocked.

(I missed a few details here, Stefan talks real quick, but I'll add the corrected notes later, or just link to the Patch Notes when they're available)

Additional patch notes;

In Skirmish players will spawn in waves. (Every 10 seconds I believe. Executions will not extend the timer, they only grant extra points)
Improved player reporting dialogue. Better and more categories to choose from.
Snowball teleport bug is fixed.
Viking Frost Wind mask is fixed.

Details for next week's show;

Show starts at 2PM EST.
Live gameplay with the hero reworks and updates.
Arena mode showcase.
Some community contributors will be on (a cosplayer, Youtubers etc.)
8v8, community vs. devs, 4 teams of 4. Mixed teams for a Tribute tournament.
Each team will represent a Faction, and will have a coach from the dev team. (Vikings, Samurai, Knights and Blackstone Legion)
Whichever team wins this tournament, their respective Faction gets a reward. (If the Blackstones win, no rewards for anyone)

I'll add in this Tournament info, and the roster later.

That's a wrap folks. I'm not sure yet whether I'll be recapping next week since it's not a Warrior's Den, but features mostly live gameplay and introduces Season 5.
No Q&A this week sadly, but there were a lot of great ones from you guys today, so I'll try to save a few of them for future Dens.

Kryltic
02-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Some of the spawn locations for elimination are in very awkward places with plenty of ledges (eg Sanctuary Bridge) . Will you relocate some of these in the same manner as you did for duels and brawls?

Will you look at improving spawn protection? Tribute and Skirmish games can spawn you infront of an enemy.

Plutonium Bug
02-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Can you keep the ledges on zone C on overwatch shut in dominion please?

mrmistark
02-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Please look into the audio again. Certain characters and interactions to include Conq especially and I noticed a HL execution as well, are having strange audio timings or lack of audio in general.

Are there plans to tone down shamans predators mercy/hunger?

When can we expect the release of reworks?

Good job, making big steps Ubi!

Knight_Raime
02-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Interesting that they would choose to re add superior block back to normal 2 weeks before it'll be changed again. I guess that one guys complaints were heard.
Super hyped to hear the parry changes and what they did with highlander. very curious on what the've done with bushi.

I have a few questions:
~are other heros being looked at for major balance passes? I'm assuming those 2 were the only 2 getting reworks (new mocap moves)
~will we ever be able to create a playlist of maps in private matches? If so would we also be able to choose specific map parts in duel to do that as well?
~Are the devs looking into changing any other core mechanics/ideas after parrying? ex: guard breaks, OOS dodge speeds and lengths, feinting, etc.
~assuming all goes well with the big things coming (reworks, servers/lag comp, improved training) is new heros something even being considered for this year? Would absolutely drop money for a pass for another years worth of content.

Tundra 793
02-01-2018, 01:42 PM
Just a heads up; If I don't include a particular question of yours, It's probably because it's been answered already.

Also Raime; Any chance I could get you to pick your favorite 2 questions from your list? They're all actually pretty great questions, but we never know if there's time for a Q&A, and even when there is, there's probably a staggering amount of questions the devs choose from.

PDXGorechild
02-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Parry changes!!!!

Hell, it's about time..

Takuram
02-01-2018, 02:25 PM
ok, so questions:

1 - Would it be possible to increase the "Extended Region" of South America to the entire American Continent? Game Population in South America is very low ( specially on XBOX ), and pings are not that high when connected to United States...

2 - What about the hair bug on Shaman's Wildcat Armor? When is the fix coming?

Knight_Raime
02-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Just a heads up; If I don't include a particular question of yours, It's probably because it's been answered already.

Also Raime; Any chance I could get you to pick your favorite 2 questions from your list? They're all actually pretty great questions, but we never know if there's time for a Q&A, and even when there is, there's probably a staggering amount of questions the devs choose from.

Sure!

1) Are the devs looking into changing any other cor mechanics/ideas after the parry changes? ex: guard breaks, out of stamina dodge speeds and distances, feinting etc.

2) Assuming all goes well with the big things coming (reworks, servers/lag comp, improved training) is new heros something even being considered for this year?

While it would be cool to get an answer on my the other heros being touched question they kinda already left the door open for that in the trailer and likely wouldn't have a more concrete answer anyway so soon. and the playlist of maps/duel maps while it would be nice i'm not really pushing for. Kind of just looking for ways they can make duel a bit better. thanks Tundra.

Illyrian_King
02-01-2018, 03:56 PM
Are there any plans already, to use the Dedicated Servers for running any bigger game mode or at least improving Dominion (adding archers, captains, minions outside of B, etc) ?

Would be so happy to get an answer on this

Tyrjo
02-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Question: Will champion status apply on the new XP boost feature, thus giving 25% more XP from the boost? (If it does it's another reason to spend steel on champion status)

Jazz117Volkov
02-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Question: Will champion status apply on the new XP boost feature, thus giving 25% more XP from the boost? (If it does it's another reason to spend steel on champion status)
Yeah, they confirmed last week, if I recall correctly, that the new Salvage XP boost stacks with everything else, including Champion status.

Tundra 793
02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
All right guys, thanks for all the questions. I'm gonna cut off new submissions now though, with less than an hour before the Den starts.

Vakris_One
02-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the recap Tundra. Parry changes look interesting, seems they've addressed the problem of Orochi being the most powerful parrier by nerfing the damage of his double top light. Not sure that's entirely fair to the Orochi but overall I agree with their logic that parrying gave you too much and it needed to be changed. Getting parried at full health and then ledged because it gives a free GB has never sat right with me in what is supposed to be a skill based fighting system so I'm happy to see the free GB from a parry go the way of the Dodo.

The new weapons have too much gold on them in my opinion. It's starting to look like a Ferrero Rocher convention in For Honor. They need to ease up on the gold or at least reduce it and give us something more subtle like the Age of Wolves colour scheme - a lot of black on lovely textured surfaces with just a few artistically selected pieces of gold to accentuate the finer details like a painting. Most of the weapons they showed looked far too ornamental for my liking.

The_B0G_
02-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Is that all they have for the HL balance? His lights get parried all the time, so he still has zero safe openers, a very minor damage buff on only heavies and better tracking on caber toss... all this time and this is all he gets, what good is hyper armor on second light when it will just get parried or interupted on the first light?

I didn't watch the den yet but I really hope this isn't all he's getting.

Knight_Raime
02-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Is that all they have for the HL balance? His lights get parried all the time, so he still has zero safe openers, a very minor damage buff on only heavies and better tracking on caber toss... all this time and this is all he gets, what good is hyper armor on second light when it will just get parried or interupted on the first light?

I didn't watch the den yet but I really hope this isn't all he's getting.

Basically speaking from the notes thighlander can try to bait people with his second defensive form light and not get GBed for free now. Plus it has armor for trading. good in a team fight.
Constant stamina regen. sounds nice but we'll have to see if it's really good or just okay depending on if they tweaked his stamina values or not.
caber toss having better tracking is the golden boi.
Being able to fast flow into offensive form without stamina regen stopping + with keltic curse technically can give him more approach options in a 1v1 fight. It will still be readable. but people will have to read more than before. so...ehhhhh?
damage buffs allow him to trade better in theory.

Knight_Raime
02-01-2018, 09:20 PM
excited with the parry changes.
excited to see how the new highlander plays out.
nobu seems more or less the same. 2 new tricks up her sleeve. some reasonable nerfs.
still side eyeing that poke damage from 18 to 8. but we will see.

I think people are just mad cause they expected nobu to get super buffed. Even though she really didn't need it.
she got slightly better for single engagements and some group fight reigning in. I wish they would have reduced the stamina cost of hidden stance.
but overall i'm fine with what i've read.

The_B0G_
02-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Basically speaking from the notes thighlander can try to bait people with his second defensive form light and not get GBed for free now. Plus it has armor for trading. good in a team fight.
Constant stamina regen. sounds nice but we'll have to see if it's really good or just okay depending on if they tweaked his stamina values or not.
caber toss having better tracking is the golden boi.
Being able to fast flow into offensive form without stamina regen stopping + with keltic curse technically can give him more approach options in a 1v1 fight. It will still be readable. but people will have to read more than before. so...ehhhhh?
damage buffs allow him to trade better in theory.

I just watched it, he actually gets 10 more damage on a couple of his heavies, one is his unblockable and 5 more damage on the others. Like you said, when doing Celtic Curse he can dodge forward and hold heavy to fast flow into offensive form but not actually start the move, so instead ofbpeople waiting for an easy parry you can kick and move into offensive heavy for I think 40 base damage after the buff. His caber toss has better side tracking and range now as well as if you dodge the kick thats soft feinted into caber toss it will actually get you now, instead of missing.

These are all good buffs and will definitely improve him quite a bit when he actually hits people, but what I'm afraid of is without max health buff and stamina cost reductions or attack speed increases, very defensive players will still pick him apart, none of his attacks are fast and patient players with good reflexes will still not have an issue shutting him out.

PDXGorechild
02-01-2018, 10:08 PM
Parry changes on point. Berserker buffs imminent.

This Honkiey’s gone to heaven.

S0Mi_xD
02-02-2018, 11:29 AM
XDDD
End them Rightly :'D
Skallagrim made it!

S0Mi_xD
02-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Can't we skip 6 days, so we can see the changes :'D
YESS - Parry changes!! Finally, but 900ms ... for light attack ... hmmm we will see :D
Damn ... i am scared of Highlander changes ... he will be impressive ....

"Berserker gets Top heavy out of everything" ...I guess we can say bye bye max. OOS Punish ...
I hope they really took our suggestions into account

Kryltic
02-02-2018, 12:00 PM
I'm fairly disappointed with the Nobushi changes. I don't feel what has been done is what she needed but hopefully time will tell.

If these changes don't help then please look into her stamina pool/stamina costs as well as her Hidden Stance.

PDXGorechild
02-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Can't we skip 6 days, so we can see the changes :'D
YESS - Parry changes!! Finally, but 900ms ... for light attack ... hmmm we will see :D
Damn ... i am scared of Highlander changes ... he will be impressive ....

"Berserker gets Top heavy out of everything" ...I guess we can say bye bye max. OOS Punish ...
I hope they really took our suggestions into account

He's back! Have you been in hiding all this time, waiting for the rework? ;)

Is the time you get to counter after parry going to be purely dependent on whether the attack parried is light or heavy? Or will speed still come into it? For example, Raider's basic light is 600ms, and Berserker's heavy in dance of the paired blades is 600ms, will they have give different response times if parried?

S0Mi_xD
02-02-2018, 01:11 PM
haha ^^
Sorry for being away, without a word for so long. Real Life problems xD

From what they said, it looks like it just depends on Light and heavy.
But i think, it is overall OK this way - every char can get a light and everyone can get a heavy after a parry, even shugoki.

Berserker will still get a Zone out of any heavy - but let us first play with the changes, because it looks like they made specific changes as well.
About berserker, eventually, losing his 96 dmg punish .... it would be fine by me, IF the other changes are really that great like they say, especially making the infinite combo usefull.
(Also i still hope for a better Input of .... SLASHING RUSH :'D (at least seperated from the Zone input >.>))

Edit:
Also, as what does zone attacks count?
Especially Berserkers zone, which is very easy to parry on block? Is it a heavy or a light?

PDXGorechild
02-02-2018, 01:29 PM
haha ^^
Sorry for being away, without a word for so long. Real Life problems xD

From what they said, it looks like it just depends on Light and heavy.
But i think, it is overall OK this way - every char can get a light and everyone can get a heavy after a parry, even shugoki.

Berserker will still get a Zone out of any heavy - but let us first play with the changes, because it looks like they made specific changes as well.
About berserker, eventually, losing his 96 dmg punish .... it would be fine by me, IF the other changes are really that great like they say, especially making the infinite combo usefull.
(Also i still hope for a better Input of .... SLASHING RUSH :'D (at least seperated from the Zone input >.>))

Edit:
Especially Berserkers zone, which is very easy to parry on block? Is it a heavy or a light?

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1832883-Abridged-Warrior-s-Den-Patch-Notes

Answered some of my questions.

Also wouldn't be too upset to lose the OOS punish if the other changes are good, it is insane damage. Especially with stats being the way they are at the moment, with Attack and Defence penetration maxed out and attack buff on tribute I've been killing some poor classes in two hits :p

All we can see from the videos is that Zerks feints seem to have been altered slightly and he gets an unblockable heavy on the end of bear mauler. Fingers crossed there's more. Not long now!

Edit: Welcome back, hope you're good :)

bob333e
02-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Tundra, thanks much for yet another awesome recap. Much obliged my friend.

I'll start with the pluses. Everything is looking neat. Parry changes mostly; I'm super happy it's exactly as I, personally, wanted them to be. No more free GB on parry, and no more free heavy on heavy parry. It's an amazing step forward in the right direction for For Honor's combat system. I'm so deeply grateful they are implementing these changes.

Highlander's changes are impressive, and this is definitely encouraging me more to go buy him now. He's now got much better trade and mixup potential, and his 50/50 double cancel into Caber Toss definitely needed this tracking buff. The double cancel already costs a lot of stamina, so missing this one heavy unblockable on Caber Toss, plus getting GB'ed on whiff, was really unfair. Damage buffs make sense and put him up there along with other heavy-damage dealing characters. He still won't deal as much as Raider, but his buffs are nevertheless really nice.

I appreciate that they reduced throwback distance on both Highlander's Fomorian Kick and Shaman's Predator Hunger. For all the good reasons. Throwback distance as a whole shouldn't be a deciding factor in how fights play out. Plus it's less likely that punishes get whiffed upon landing the kick/headbutt. It's a fair adjustment all-around.

I'm not too sure about Nobushi's changes, seems more of a 1v1 focused aspect than team-fight based aspect. She's deadlier in 1v1s and a bit less problematic in 4v4s. With the dedicated servers and lag compensation still pending arrival, her faster attacks and her faster kick will be harder to deal with. In my mind's eye, seeing as she's a Hybrid, she's becoming less of a Vanguard and more of an Assassin, with these changes. Can't draw a final thought on it, however, until I use, and confront, the new Nobushi.

Warden's zone no longer gives a free GB on block (and I suppose on whiff as well, seeing as it's related to recovery, not stagger amount on block), but given as his zone's stamina cost or damage dealt have not been altered, I'm afraid this might encourage more resorting to zone on Wardens. As aforementioned, Warden's zone is more of a utility tool for clearing minions, than an actual tactical attack; they have given this attack more purpose to be used in PvP by reducing its 'unsafe' property. As a Warden main, while I appreciate that I no longer give a free GB to my enemy and this is now equal like other heroes, I would still like to see the zone attack completely reworked; but this is probably still way off, until Warden's rework, and even then, no telling of what ideas they might have for him. I sure hope I can come up with something that can draw their attention by then. Similarly, Orochi's double top light damage reduction makes sense and is fair, however I'm not too sure about the other damage reductions. I'll have to wait and see how both Warden and Orochi will play out in Season 5.

I didn't quite grasp the other changes they listed such as Shugoki's, I'll just wait for detailed patch notes. They still want to keep the reworks (Zerk/Kensei/Conq) as a surprise for next week, so I'm eagerly awaiting news on those. I'm also thankful they restored Conq's Superior Block until his rework. The poor guy has literally nothing going for him other than cheesing with bash-heavy-bash-heavy-bash-heavy vortex.

I like the news on the official tournament, which was organized as a one-year anniversary celebration instead of the usual cash prizes. This will be fun to watch, plus any winning Faction gets freebies at S5 launch, so this is a nice social touch-up all-around. I like how they're catering to playerbase entertainment. It's a nice move from them.

I would have appreciated if the new training/arena mode would have been made available at S5 launch, but I get if they are prioritizing dedicated servers and lag compensation system first. The latter two are much more important.

Now what I heavily disliked: Warden's new S5 weapon. It's a combination of the Merodach, Caliburn, and Death Glare pieces. And no new armor. I was right to remain skeptical about the new gear. Not entirely sure about the other weapons, other people who use those heroes more frequently and know their Legendary gear could tell far easier whether they are recycles or not, but if they recycled one, pretty sure they recycled more. And gold. They keep going with gold themes....

All in all, this was a pretty good Den, promising solid, fundamentally positive changes and upgrades to For Honor throughout Season 5. Can't wait for the full detailed reveal next week.

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Tundra, thanks much for yet another awesome recap. Much obliged my friend.

I'll start with the pluses. Everything is looking neat. Parry changes mostly; I'm super happy it's exactly as I, personally, wanted them to be. No more free GB on parry, and no more free heavy on heavy parry. It's an amazing step forward in the right direction for For Honor's combat system. I'm so deeply grateful they are implementing these changes.

Highlander's changes are impressive, and this is definitely encouraging me more to go buy him now. He's now got much better trade and mixup potential, and his 50/50 double cancel into Caber Toss definitely needed this tracking buff. The double cancel already costs a lot of stamina, so missing this one heavy unblockable on Caber Toss, plus getting GB'ed on whiff, was really unfair. Damage buffs make sense and put him up there along with other heavy-damage dealing characters. He still won't deal as much as Raider, but his buffs are nevertheless really nice.

I appreciate that they reduced throwback distance on both Highlander's Fomorian Kick and Shaman's Predator Hunger. For all the good reasons. Throwback distance as a whole shouldn't be a deciding factor in how fights play out. Plus it's less likely that punishes get whiffed upon landing the kick/headbutt. It's a fair adjustment all-around.

I'm not too sure about Nobushi's changes, seems more of a 1v1 focused aspect than team-fight based aspect. She's deadlier in 1v1s and a bit less problematic in 4v4s. With the dedicated servers and lag compensation still pending arrival, her faster attacks and her faster kick will be harder to deal with. In my mind's eye, seeing as she's a Hybrid, she's becoming less of a Vanguard and more of an Assassin, with these changes. Can't draw a final thought on it, however, until I use, and confront, the new Nobushi.

Warden's zone no longer gives a free GB on block (and I suppose on whiff as well, seeing as it's related to recovery, not stagger amount on block), but given as his zone's stamina cost or damage dealt have not been altered, I'm afraid this might encourage more resorting to zone on Wardens. As aforementioned, Warden's zone is more of a utility tool for clearing minions, than an actual tactical attack; they have given this attack more purpose to be used in PvP by reducing its 'unsafe' property. As a Warden main, while I appreciate that I no longer give a free GB to my enemy and this is now equal like other heroes, I would still like to see the zone attack completely reworked; but this is probably still way off, until Warden's rework, and even then, no telling of what ideas they might have for him. I sure hope I can come up with something that can draw their attention by then. Similarly, Orochi's double top light damage reduction makes sense and is fair, however I'm not too sure about the other damage reductions. I'll have to wait and see how both Warden and Orochi will play out in Season 5.

I didn't quite grasp the other changes they listed such as Shugoki's, I'll just wait for detailed patch notes. They still want to keep the reworks (Zerk/Kensei/Conq) as a surprise for next week, so I'm eagerly awaiting news on those. I'm also thankful they restored Conq's Superior Block until his rework. The poor guy has literally nothing going for him other than cheesing with bash-heavy-bash-heavy-bash-heavy vortex.

I like the news on the official tournament, which was organized as a one-year anniversary celebration instead of the usual cash prizes. This will be fun to watch, plus any winning Faction gets freebies at S5 launch, so this is a nice social touch-up all-around. I like how they're catering to playerbase entertainment. It's a nice move from them.

I would have appreciated if the new training/arena mode would have been made available at S5 launch, but I get if they are prioritizing dedicated servers and lag compensation system first. The latter two are much more important.

Now what I heavily disliked: Warden's new S5 weapon. It's a combination of the Merodach, Caliburn, and Death Glare pieces. And no new armor. I was right to remain skeptical about the new gear. Not entirely sure about the other weapons, other people who use those heroes more frequently and know their Legendary gear could tell far easier whether they are recycles or not, but if they recycled one, pretty sure they recycled more. And gold. They keep going with gold themes....

All in all, this was a pretty good Den, promising solid, fundamentally positive changes and upgrades to For Honor throughout Season 5. Can't wait for the full detailed reveal next week.

Just fyi there isn't any new armor at launch of the season. they didn't rule out new armor for the season period.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Just fyi there isn't any new armor at launch of the season. they didn't rule out new armor for the season period.

Ah. Well still, I'll forever remain skeptical :') here's predicting, it's gonna be gold-trimmed with spikes.... I'll patiently wait.

Tundra 793
02-02-2018, 03:25 PM

I've edited the Recap to make this clearer.

Popes full statement on the matter;

Hello hello!
Sorry for the confusion! There is no armor (just weapons) coming at Season 5 launch. This doesn't mean there isn't armor coming during the season. I can't go into details yet and I'm sorry I know that is frustrating!

Charmzzz
02-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Edit:

Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

The Zone is marked as H or L. Zerker Zone is a Light (which is correct as it is a 500ms move).

Knight_Raime
02-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

The Zone is marked as H or L. Zerker Zone is a Light (which is correct as it is a 500ms move).

I wonder how this will effect shaman's zone. considering the first 2 attacks I believe are considered heavies but the latter 2 are considered lights.

bob333e
02-02-2018, 03:38 PM
I've edited the Recap to make this clearer.

Popes full statement on the matter;

Ah, thank you.

mrmistark
02-02-2018, 07:38 PM
In regards to the new reporting system, I see that one of the categories is “spam”. What exactly constitutes spam? You can’t spam messages via console quick chat really. I see spam reporting being used for players choice of play style, emoting, and triple hitting a quick chat response. Please tell me it’s only for PC and thier actual in game chat.

S0Mi_xD
02-02-2018, 11:57 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1832883-Abridged-Warrior-s-Den-Patch-Notes

Answered some of my questions.

Also wouldn't be too upset to lose the OOS punish if the other changes are good, it is insane damage. Especially with stats being the way they are at the moment, with Attack and Defence penetration maxed out and attack buff on tribute I've been killing some poor classes in two hits :p

All we can see from the videos is that Zerks feints seem to have been altered slightly and he gets an unblockable heavy on the end of bear mauler. Fingers crossed there's more. Not long now!

Edit: Welcome back, hope you're good :)

Thanks for the link ^^ it helped me as well.
As long as the changes are good, i it wouldn't hurt so much to lose 96 OOS punish ^^
But as far as i understood it it won't be touched.
(but i think, i just misunderstood the change with the top heavy after light, the talk was about the parry punish, the light attack after berserkers parry was very fast (it also has a name xD "Skilled Slash", but how can we know about it, if it doesn't stand in the moveset list :'D) and that's why the heavy came so fast after any parry it was "skilled slash"

Yeah - 3rd hit with bearmauler being unblockable is good, but in a fight situation it won't be that usefull, because to actually get 3 heavies out in a row... it get's parried pretty easy, but it can be useful as a bait - or maybe with unlock tech (unlocking the second heavy and hitting with the third)
I am not sure if it is light faint, looks to me like the heavy animation, but the feint followup light animation looks abit different (maybe?)
I am not sure xD we need to wait till next week.

Ah, thanks ^^
OK mhhh ... looks like i need to make a suggestion thread xD
The Difference here is, if you block it, you can very easy parry it - and for a zone this is really risky.
If they make Berserkers zone cancelable - it is fine this way, but if it stays this way it needs a change.
Those are 4 hits - The first 2 hits are 500~600 ms, while the third and fourth hits are already at the speed of a heavy attack.
(Just in case i mean it this way: First hit hits at 500ms the second hit comes at around 600ms i would say, the third 700 and last 800 - those are estimated numbers)
So it would be fair to make the first 2 hits lights and the last 2 hits heavies (or at least the last hit heavy, would also be enough)

Sarrion970
02-03-2018, 11:07 PM
can you just fix the game first ?

thanks

Ackturi
02-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Warden Details;

Warden's zone no longer gives a free GB when blocked.

Yet valk still gets GB on blocking a dash attack............................................ ......... Logic

I_loveMemes
02-04-2018, 11:44 PM
Heve the dev team ever though of a mercenary faction ? In this faction we could have characters from different nations for example a spartan, and also this faction would not be joinable nor would take part in the fw

Soldier_of_Dawn
02-05-2018, 12:15 AM
I have a question for a future Warrior's Den:

Could you make it possible to combine two(or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot?

Tundra 793
02-05-2018, 12:35 AM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ummp3wpbifiibzk6cekw.gif

Sorry guys, there's no Den next week, and it's gonna be devilishly hard to keep track of all the questions people keep submitting for a whole 'nother week.
But I do hope y'all will post them again in two weeks time.

I'm not sure whether I will, or even how to recap the special stream next week. We're also still light on details, but if there's gonna be any Q&A, I'll update everyone about it, and make a special thread for it.

CandleInTheDark
02-05-2018, 01:15 AM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ummp3wpbifiibzk6cekw.gif

Sorry guys, there's no Den next week, and it's gonna be devilishly hard to keep track of all the questions people keep submitting for a whole 'nother week.
But I do hope y'all will post them again in two weeks time.

I'm not sure whether I will, or even how to recap the special stream next week. We're also still light on details, but if there's gonna be any Q&A, I'll update everyone about it, and make a special thread for it.

In my experience with the launch streams, the only real relevant pieces were the deep dive on the characters (reworks in this case) and getting anything we can from using the new season content with the new maps which we haven't had announced either. Season two and three there were tournaments and season 4 there was a dominion tournament but it is debatable how relevant they are and the standard of the 1v1 fights was defensive meta and tech abuse at their ugliest.

PDXGorechild
02-05-2018, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the link ^^ it helped me as well.
As long as the changes are good, i it wouldn't hurt so much to lose 96 OOS punish ^^
But as far as i understood it it won't be touched.
(but i think, i just misunderstood the change with the top heavy after light, the talk was about the parry punish, the light attack after berserkers parry was very fast (it also has a name xD "Skilled Slash", but how can we know about it, if it doesn't stand in the moveset list :'D) and that's why the heavy came so fast after any parry it was "skilled slash"

Yeah - 3rd hit with bearmauler being unblockable is good, but in a fight situation it won't be that usefull, because to actually get 3 heavies out in a row... it get's parried pretty easy, but it can be useful as a bait - or maybe with unlock tech (unlocking the second heavy and hitting with the third)
I am not sure if it is light faint, looks to me like the heavy animation, but the feint followup light animation looks abit different (maybe?)
I am not sure xD we need to wait till next week.

End of bear mauler being unblockable will only really be any good for ganking enemies who aren't paying attention to you. Or unlock/whiffing maybe as you say. Too slow to risk using on anybody who knows what they're doing. Really hope this isn't the buff they're going to present as our saviour because it really will solve none of our problems.

The feints look smoother in the vid to me. I'm hoping this may be due being able to soft feint heavies into a light, which actually would help us land hits. Not unreasonable to hope for seeing as shaman can feint heavy > bleed light OR guard break.

Excited but nervous...

S0Mi_xD
02-05-2018, 10:35 PM
End of bear mauler being unblockable will only really be any good for ganking enemies who aren't paying attention to you. Or unlock/whiffing maybe as you say. Too slow to risk using on anybody who knows what they're doing. Really hope this isn't the buff they're going to present as our saviour because it really will solve none of our problems.

The feints look smoother in the vid to me. I'm hoping this may be due being able to soft feint heavies into a light, which actually would help us land hits. Not unreasonable to hope for seeing as shaman can feint heavy > bleed light OR guard break.

Excited but nervous...

Yeah - i really hope, this isn't the main aspect of the Berserker Changes.
We pointed out so many problems and suggestions.
Simple ones like, the hyperarmor for head splicer (the light forward leap attack) - the hyperarmor comes much to late to be useful, only today some raider heavies catched me out of the air befor the hyperarmor triggered - it is uselss.
The input for Slashing Rush is still with risk involed (because it is the Zone input)
And a problem i never really mentioned but fits to be mentioned now - Berserkers Zone counts as 4 Light attacks, but it is really easy parried after a block.
I already suggested a day ago or so, in the suggestion forum part, to change the last 2 hits into heavies (or at least the last hit).

If you can softfeint into another direction then yes it could be useful, but, i don't know why softfeints should help with the infinite combo (what was told to be a point)

I feel you >.<

Knight_Raime
02-06-2018, 02:33 AM

Excited but nervous...

No those are hard feints. if you go slow mo you can still see the "ghost" effect you normally get when you hard feint. the looking smoother could be just animation clean up+ making the animation faster for zerker.

bob333e
02-06-2018, 02:41 AM
It all shows in Freeze's analysis. I agree they are hard feints, but the animations became smoother and faster. At 2:09 he does side-by-side comparisons for Zerk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux_KPb-0Ujo

Knight_Raime
02-06-2018, 02:51 AM
^
yup.
also as far as zerkers unblockable goes I REALLY hope it's unblockables on heavy finishers. not just that one attack.
as that's never going to work in duels.

S0Mi_xD
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM
^
yup.
also as far as zerkers unblockable goes I REALLY hope it's unblockables on heavy finishers. not just that one attack.
as that's never going to work in duels.

This would be really great.