PDA

View Full Version : Two Things I'd Like To See In Anno 1800

MA1701
01-31-2018, 09:00 PM
Disclaimer I have never posted in a game forum before but feel very strongly about these three factors.

1. I would like to see more realistic roads. I have played every game in the Anno series and have loved every version. Recently I started playing City Skylines and must say the road construction tool is the best I have seen in any RTS style game. Not only can you adjust the curvature and style of road, you can also adjust the elevation of roads to create bridges and tunnels where they seem necessary. (not just over rivers) From the preview footage I've seen so far, 1800 looks beautiful but I was disappointed to only see 90 degree turns on roads and railway tracks. Hopefully, in the final release, we'll see more complex options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEWpof6xho

2. I would also like to see real Nations. I appreciate the creativity of the hypothetical nation states, but I have always wanted real nations. Would be great to select from various nations that have unique and specialized buildings and units similar to Age of Empires III. This has always been one of my biggest gripes with the franchise. Would love to see different colonial powers ie. England, Spain, France, Portuagal, Germany, Netherlands, United States and Japan represented in the game.

3. Bring back the different climate zones. I was extremely let down by 2070 and 2205's lack of different climate islands like in the previous versions. The game is a bit 1 dimensional without a variety of islands to settle.

4. Keep native cultures. I understood why the future editions of the game were void of this feature but this is 1800.

AgmasGold
02-01-2018, 11:13 AM
There was a discussion about curved roads (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1742892-Curved-roads) a while ago.

ruuti0
02-01-2018, 02:58 PM
1. I am personally competely fine with roads how they are. Also roads idea have been discussed before in another thread.

2. There are plenty of games where are different nations, I always liked that Anno went it own road in this matter, I like that Anno series have very personal NPCs. For me they are way more interesting than nations that you can find in million games.

3. There is own thread for this idea already.

4. I agree, I hope too that we get native people back. It would be cool that you could trade with them, make alliances with them and even make war with them if wanted.

AD1701GURU
02-02-2018, 06:15 AM
I doubt we'll see curved roads when it comes to residential/industrial buildings, but if there are parks, it would be cool if we could customize them with curved roads. :)

iruet
02-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Disclaimer I have never posted in a game forum before but feel very strongly about these three factors.

1. I would like to see more realistic roads. I have played every game in the Anno series and have loved every version. Recently I started playing City Skylines and must say the road construction tool is the best I have seen in any RTS style game. Not only can you adjust the curvature and style of road, you can also adjust the elevation of roads to create bridges and tunnels where they seem necessary. (not just over rivers) From the preview footage I've seen so far, 1800 looks beautiful but I was disappointed to only see 90 degree turns on roads and railway tracks. Hopefully, in the final release, we'll see more complex options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKEWpof6xho

2. I would also like to see real Nations. I appreciate the creativity of the hypothetical nation states, but I have always wanted real nations. Would be great to select from various nations that have unique and specialized buildings and units similar to Age of Empires III. This has always been one of my biggest gripes with the franchise. Would love to see different colonial powers ie. England, Spain, France, Portuagal, Germany, Netherlands, United States and Japan represented in the game.

3. Bring back the different climate zones. I was extremely let down by 2070 and 2205's lack of different climate islands like in the previous versions. The game is a bit 1 dimensional without a variety of islands to settle.

4. Keep native cultures. I understood why the future editions of the game were void of this feature but this is 1800.

1. Demolishing the old anno vibe
2. u can make ur own nation :)
3. All islands the same :P
4. what do u mean by that?