PDA

View Full Version : AC: Revelations PC Release Date?

Bikeracer4487
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
So, the console release date is only 2 weeks away, but being a PC gamer I'd REALLY like to know if these rumors about a simultaneous PC release are true, because that would be AWESOME. It would also mean I could go ahead and preorder it, but I'd rather not do that if it's going to release months later, as has been the case for pretty much all the other AC games... All I've been able to find online has been lots of conjecture by gaming sites...hoping for an official response...

Bikeracer4487
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
So, the console release date is only 2 weeks away, but being a PC gamer I'd REALLY like to know if these rumors about a simultaneous PC release are true, because that would be AWESOME. It would also mean I could go ahead and preorder it, but I'd rather not do that if it's going to release months later, as has been the case for pretty much all the other AC games... All I've been able to find online has been lots of conjecture by gaming sites...hoping for an official response...

Jexx21
11-03-2011, 01:52 PM
It isn't officially delayed, but it also doesn't have an official release date.

I'd wait for an official statement by UbiSoft.

ElleCore
11-03-2011, 04:47 PM
The game is actually OFFICIALLY delayed until December, what day however, I don't know. A lot of people say it's 2nd of December.

Jexx21
11-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Nope, it's actually NOT officially delayed.

Flipevil
11-04-2011, 02:49 AM
Everyone should learn what an official source is actually.
It's not officially delayed, Ubisoft has never confirmed that on their AC facebook page or on their site or here on the forums.
Those gaming sites are all yelling that Ubisoft has confirmed it to them, but wether that's true or not, we don't know. They have never showed us their messages they should have received from Ubisoft.
So, the official release date is still the 151th of November, atleast that's what the Ubisoft site says.

Razrback16
11-04-2011, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flipevil:
atleast that's what the Ubisoft site says. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you provide a link, please?

Bikeracer4487
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM
There is annoyingly little information on release dates on Ubisoft's pages. I actually THOUGHT I had found information on their but when I went to copy the url I discovered I was actually on some special GameStop page...anyways when you click on Preorder you're taken to the GameStop page which lists 11/15 as the console date and 11/29 as the PC "Signature Edition" release date. I decided to compile release dates I found at multiple sources...still no idea which is correct:

GameStop: 11/29
IGN: December 2011
Steam: November 2011
Amazon: 11/29

So...it looks like nobody knows yet. I chose these sources because they've been fairly reliable in the past (with the exception of GameStop, but they seemed "Official" this time around), and it seems like everyone is still giving estimates...good news is, it looks like the gap between console and PC versions isn't going to be as long as it has ben on previous games...

Razrback16
11-04-2011, 09:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bikeracer4487:
good news is, it looks like the gap between console and PC versions isn't going to be as long as it has ben on previous games... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get too excited there. While I'd love to celebrate with you on this, I imagine Ubi is simply not announcing an official updated release date to avoid being caught in an additional lie to the PC gaming community -- although in retrospect, given the number of lies they've told us with regard to release dates in the past, what's one more? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bottom line, don't believe any of their release dates until you see it in stock somewhere. Their PR team has absolutely zero credibility with the PC gaming community.

Jexx21
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Well, I'm part of the PC gaming community and they have credibility with me. So not absolute zero.

Razrback16
11-04-2011, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Well, I'm part of the PC gaming community and they have credibility with me. So not absolute zero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnthonyA85
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Unlike most, i'm not counting down to the PC release date, I'm counting down the the announcement of a 6 month delay.

While i have seen sites like gamestop say 9/12/2011 as the PC release date, i know it's just a placeholder.

Lets just say, when the 6 month delay is announced (if it is, and that's a pretty small 'if'), my reaction will most likely be "Took 'em long enough..."

While I too am hoping for a 2011 release for the PC version, i know UBI's track record iwth it's PC games (not just AC) is a bad one, as far as release dates go.

Jexx21
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Nah, I like to stay in somewhere. :P

Flipevil
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flipevil:

Could you provide a link, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9813

It's still on 15th of November.
I'm not saying there is no chance that the game is delayed, but what annoys me is that people just accept game sites to be official sources while there is no real proof that Ubisoft DID confirm it to them.
Also why would they confirm it to those sites and don't post anything about a delay on their own site for a month (the 'so called delay' was announced around 30th of September).

TheLeoCrow
11-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Steam says November for the USA and December for Europe (steam hadn't opened a store page for ACB until a few weeks before it true release date). Uplay has been updated to include points and rewards for ACR. Generally I don't trust Ubisoft but I trust Steam and the fact that they already updated Uplay

mr_doom1987
11-05-2011, 03:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Steam says November for the USA and December for Europe (steam hadn't opened a store page for ACB until a few weeks before it true release date). Uplay has been updated to include points and rewards for ACR. Generally I don't trust Ubisoft but I trust Steam and the fact that they already updated Uplay </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're right! All European stores say 2nd December, and the US stores say 29th November.
Here are some liks if you want to check:
Europe: Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-PC-DVD/dp/B004ZJ7RJY/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1320484647&sr=1-6), GAME.co.uk (http://www.game.co.uk/en/assassins-creed-revelations-130772?pageSize=20&searchTerm=assassins%20creed%20revelations), play.com (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/19959885/Assassin-Creed-Revelations/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=assassins+creed+revelations&urlrefer=search), hmv.com (http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=84467) and UbiShop (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.229237700)
US: UbiShop (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.229636000?utm_source=DP_US&utm_medium=ps&utm_content=ubi_ubishop&utm_campaign=assassinscreed_revelation_ubi_ps_0628 11_US) and GameStop (http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/assassins-creed-revelations-signature-edition/91021)

Razrback16
11-07-2011, 05:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razrback16:

Could you provide a link, please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still on 15th of November.
I'm not saying there is no chance that the game is delayed, but what annoys me is that people just accept game sites to be official sources while there is no real proof that Ubisoft DID confirm it to them.
Also why would they confirm it to those sites and don't post anything about a delay on their own site for a month (the 'so called delay' was announced around 30th of September). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the link -- I don't think it is accurate though to no fault of your own -- if I click through Ubi's site links here to go to their store, it just says "November 2011". Amazon.com lists 11/29. Gamestop lists something else. I truly doubt it will hit shelves on 11/15. If it does, I will be absolutely ecstatic that Ubi actually kept a promise for a change, but we'll see what happens.

YuurHeen
11-07-2011, 05:42 AM
the site where i pre-orderd says 1 december.

SixKeys
11-07-2011, 08:30 AM
On the official Dutch Twitter account of Ubisoft somebody asked when the PC version was coming out and Ubi answered "1st of December". Whether their word can be trusted remains to be seen, but at least it's from an official Ubi spokesperson.

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/ubisoftn...s/130316673386430464 (http://twitter.com/#!/ubisoftnl/status/130316673386430464)

PORSHEN911
11-07-2011, 10:14 AM
And Russian localizer says that it should be in the last fourth of the year. And it make think, that it will be only in the middle of december. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

kwagor
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
I would actually be happy with 3 months delay if it comes with all the DLCs like previous ACs.

PORSHEN911
11-07-2011, 02:09 PM
The same here. If it will be a version with ALL DLCs, which is already presented.

SixKeys
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kwagor:
I would actually be happy with 3 months delay if it comes with all the DLCs like previous ACs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't. I'd rather wait for the DLC than risk having the game's story spoiled for me months in advance.

Teknykk
11-10-2011, 03:40 AM
EB Games Australia (where I Pre-Ordered it the moment Ubisoft announced the Animus Edition) just sent me an email a few minutes ago stating the PC version is December 1st release date, so I guess that's what it is for the time being.

Though like most, I've yet to see any official delay for it (like every other AC game for PC), just the changes in dates on websites and possibly a couple brief updates on review sites.

Either way, it's better than months delay like all the others, even though we did get all the DLC built into it for free. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ClawedTheCat
11-10-2011, 05:28 AM
I just went to the EB Games Australia site to pre order the animus edition and it has disappeared off the site!!!

Have emailed to find out what is happening, will wait in hope of good news

Teknykk
11-10-2011, 05:34 AM
It has likely vanished from the website because it's so late in the cycle and they probably have already ordered their numbers for copies.

Usually a special edition of a game vanishing from a website often is the result of the above, or going out of stock.

But if they say something else in the email, feel free to let us know.

Bikeracer4487
11-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Just downloaded the latest nVidia Beta driver, and it included improvements for ACR...so that means it can't be TOO far away...right?

Mr_Shade
11-10-2011, 11:04 AM
VERY Hot off the press...

Ubisoft have just announced the following release dates:

29th November 2011 for North America

1st of December for EMEA [Europe, the Middle East and Africa]

Flipevil
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks Mr_shade for sharing this with us.

Congrats to Ubisoft to delay it one more time. Really, job well done.
Announcing everywhere that ACR will be the first to be released on all platforms at the same time.
And a Month and a half before release telling to every game site and anywhere else except on their own site that the game will eb delayed, and nobody who confirms it till 5 days before the original release. They all seems to ignore everyone who ask for a confirmation.
Well done Ubisoft, but yeah, you'll get your money, so... nothing to worry about, no?

Also, learn to update your site Ubisoft, it still says 15/11/2011 for the pc, lazy folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I need no excuses as "it's for graphic optimization" and that kind of silly talk, if they still have to do that why can't they just put on a correct release date from the beginning (I mean april/may 2011, or whenever ACR was announced).

Bikeracer4487
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
^ WEE bit, of an overreaction, no? I know I was looking forward to this title, but honestly, AC:Brotherhood came out for the PC THIS YEAR, so to get another AC game less than a year after the last is pretty impressive. And any case, between Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, the HD release of Halo 1, and the PC release of Arkham City, I have more than enough games to keep me busy until ACR comes out.

@Mr_Shade: Thanks for the update, I appreciate having an official date, even if it isn't the one we were hoping for.

Flipevil
11-10-2011, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bikeracer4487:
^ WEE bit, of an overreaction, no? I know I was looking forward to this title, but honestly, AC:Brotherhood came out for the PC THIS YEAR, so to get another AC game less than a year after the last is pretty impressive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope, not an overreaction, not if you realize they way they threat us. And yes Brotherhood came out this year, because it was delayed for 4 months! You have to add that aswell.

equinoxe737
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks Mr_shade for sharing this with us.

Congrats to Ubisoft to delay it one more time. Really, job well done.
Announcing everywhere that ACR will be the first to be released on all platforms at the same time.
And a Month and a half before release telling to every game site and anywhere else except on their own site that the game will eb delayed, and nobody who confirms it till 5 days before the original release. They all seems to ignore everyone who ask for a confirmation.
Well done Ubisoft, but yeah, you'll get your money, so... nothing to worry about, no?

Also, learn to update your site Ubisoft, it still says 15/11/2011 for the pc, lazy folks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And I need no excuses as "it's for graphic optimization" and that kind of silly talk, if they still have to do that why can't they just put on a correct release date from the beginning (I mean april/may 2011, or whenever ACR was announced). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i totally agree, look at
it still says nov 15th, what? lol

i'd like to add that i think all the pc delay isn't for graphics customization, they have the game ready 1 or 2 months ago for sure, for testing. so what's the purpose of delaying it? it's all about market, and just because of piracy in pc games, and i am not in favour of piracy, but it's a way to seduce pc players to buy a copy to play in console. hey guys consoles are hackeable too, and for the plataforms they don't, they will be.
but i still buy games and software i use, so please do not embarrass pc users, we are your customers too. or perhaps we are worth less than the console users? please tell me, may be i'm wrong.

all this was just a thought, tx.

SixKeys
11-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks a lot for the update, Mr_Shade. I'm annoyed that it took them this long to officially announce the delay - really, why wait until 5 days before the original release date when rumors of the delay have been around for months on gaming sites? However, as long as it's official that we'll only have to wait a couple of weeks instead of several months, I'm happy.

restomaniac
11-11-2011, 03:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

1st of December for EMEA [Europe, the Middle East and Africa] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This makes me ask 3 questions.
1 Why has it taken them about 2 months to get around to confirm what they told the gaming websites?
2 Seeing as they clearly knew all along why wait till 5 days before release to actually be bothered to confirm it.
3 Exactly what is the point of a delay of 16 days, I can't belive that it is due to optimization (Or if it is it can't be that much or very good optimization) or for anti piracy.

This all leads me to belive it is just to jerk off PC gamers.

Well done UBI mission accomplished.

EscoBlades
11-11-2011, 05:03 AM
^ WEE bit, of an overreaction, no? I know I was looking forward to this title, but honestly, AC:Brotherhood came out for the PC THIS YEAR, so to get another AC game less than a year after the last is pretty impressive. And any case, between Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, the HD release of Halo 1, and the PC release of Arkham City, I have more than enough games to keep me busy until ACR comes out.

@Mr_Shade: Thanks for the update, I appreciate having an official date, even if it isn't the one we were hoping for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS! Too much QQ in here already.

Flipevil
11-11-2011, 05:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by restomaniac:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

1st of December for EMEA [Europe, the Middle East and Africa] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This makes me ask 3 questions.
1 Why has it taken them about 2 months to get around to confirm what they told the gaming websites?
2 Seeing as they clearly knew all along why wait till 5 days before release to actually be bothered to confirm it.
3 Exactly what is the point of a delay of 16 days, I can't belive that it is due to optimization (Or if it is it can't be that much or very good optimization) or for anti piracy.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
THIS! I don't get it either.

restomaniac
11-11-2011, 07:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

@Mr_Shade: Thanks for the update, I appreciate having an official date, even if it isn't the one we were hoping for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS! Too much QQ in here already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Says the X-Box gamer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ClawedTheCat
11-11-2011, 06:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tsyac-Enigma:
It has likely vanished from the website because it's so late in the cycle and they probably have already ordered their numbers for copies.

Usually a special edition of a game vanishing from a website often is the result of the above, or going out of stock.

But if they say something else in the email, feel free to let us know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So a little digging has found that the New Zealand EB site still has the Animus Edition listed, downside is that I cant get it shipped to Australia, yet the weird part is this :

EB in NZ is run by the Australian arm of the company, they have an office in NZ but the website, right at the bottom has this :

2011 Electronics Boutique Australia Pty Ltd.

ace3001
11-12-2011, 09:07 AM

1st of December for EMEA [Europe, the Middle East and Africa] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Finally some concrete info. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheLeoCrow
11-13-2011, 08:32 AM
A few months ago I made a post predicting that the delay would officially be announced in the last week before the original release date and got flamed for using the word officially (no, I do NOT work for Ubisoft nor do I know anyone who does). I'm not glad that my prediction came true but I am glad that it's a very short delay, not as we feared.

The short delay may possibly mean that we will have a repeat performance of what happened with Prince Of Persia 2008 DLC but we will survive without it (youtube will have it)

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:

The short delay may possibly mean that we will have a repeat performance of what happened with Prince Of Persia 2008 DLC but we will survive without it (youtube will have it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Prince of Persia 2008 didn't have uPlay. So UbiSoft can either release the DLC through uPlay or Steam. For Steam copies of the game, I'm guessing it'll be steam because Splinter Cell conviction sells it's DLC through Steam.

TheLeoCrow
11-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Let's hope that IF there are any DLCs, they will be available to everyone who owns the for purchase. I have ACB on steam but i won't get ACR on steam because the digital exclusive edition seems better

Dissident Soul
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
check this:

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-GB/home/
video they last put up still has the 15th of november date on it and a picture of the pc version....
they only just put it up today...surely theyre not that lazy

AnthonyA85
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I wish they'd used that dialog as the "Catch-up/recap" at the beginning of ACR, instead of what they actually used. (or even the entire video as the recap sequence)

Sadowniczak
11-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Not going to whine about it but I will petition them the only way I know how; I won't pay money for AC:3.

Annjul555
11-15-2011, 02:29 PM
look at it, another delay.
just won the bet.
and MP will probably be so unplayable as in brotherhood.... beta for TOR worked better than ACB multiplayer after months of resolving problem. well done indeed.

stevie-jay
11-15-2011, 03:32 PM

1st of December for EMEA [Europe, the Middle East and Africa] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, as if we didn't know months BEFORE this announcement that AC:R would be delayed for PC.
You're insulting our intelligence saying "VERY hot of the press", because you and I both now that that ain't true.

And this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL forum... what a waste.

Gvaz
11-16-2011, 01:35 AM
So about 2 weeks from now on the superior platform? That's cool/

daan2002
11-16-2011, 04:54 AM
yall may be ok whit the wait cuz you had to wait for ACB but i let you in on my secret i have a PS3 now had i new this at the frist of the month and not till RD i would have got mine on my PS3 so then yesterday i be playing ACR right now and not waiting................

TheLeoCrow
11-16-2011, 09:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie-jay:
Yeah, as if we didn't know months BEFORE this announcement that AC:R would be delayed for PC.
You're insulting our intelligence saying "VERY hot of the press", because you and I both now that that ain't true.

And this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL forum... what a waste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As disappointing as it is to get the official delay announcement so late, blaming the messenger helps noone, Mr_Shade always posts hard facts and as soon as he got the official announcement, he shared it with us. Consider how spoiler free the forums have been so far, I don't think it's because the forum members behave so well. Personally, I wouldn't like to be a mod here.

stevie-jay
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevie-jay:

And this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL forum... what a waste. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As disappointing as it is to get the official delay announcement so late, blaming the messenger helps noone, Mr_Shade always posts hard facts and as soon as he got the official announcement, he shared it with us. Consider how spoiler free the forums have been so far, I don't think it's because the forum members behave so well. Personally, I wouldn't like to be a mod here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The delay was known months before it came "VERY hot off the press" a few days ago.
Ubisoft is just insulting us... yet, everyone seems to think it's perfectly normal?
The **** is wrong with you guys?

Mr_Shade
11-16-2011, 12:06 PM

The delay was known months before it came "VERY hot off the press" a few days ago.
Ubisoft is just insulting us... yet, everyone seems to think it's perfectly normal?
The **** is wrong with you guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The news of the release date was officially announced about 20 minutes before I posted, and before any news sites posted the news [in the UK at least] - hence the comment.

There may have been rumors or guesstimates on online websites - however there was no official comment or statement before I posted that.

Up until that post - I had made no statements on the forums, so please don't assume you know what I know, since you may be wrong.

If you have issues with that, or feel I was somehow misleading you or others - I can only suggest you take it up with your local Ubisoft Office.

www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com)

If you want to continue the discussion further I suggest you do so in PM.

I do suggest you don't start getting personal or start swearing on the forum though.

stevie-jay
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM

The **** is wrong with you guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The news of the release date was officially announced about 20 minutes before I posted, and before any news sites posted the news [in the UK at least] - hence the comment.

There may have been rumors or guesstimates on online websites - however there was no official comment or statement before I posted that.

Up until that post - I had made no statements on the forums, so please don't assume you know what I know, since you may be wrong.

If you have issues with that, or feel I was somehow misleading you or others - I can only suggest you take it up with your local Ubisoft Office.

www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com)

If you want to continue the discussion further I suggest you do so in PM.

I do suggest you don't start getting personal or start swearing on the forum though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying you are misleading us... your "employers" are.
Big difference there.
And guesstimates? Really?
They release date was pretty much spot on, and on several gamingsites... yet, here, on the official forum they wait till the very least to confirm what many of us already knew.
It's just them putting more nails in their own coffin, and I can't say I'm sad about it either.

And I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked, but I haven't done so in any way, and resent your implications.
And why would I even want to contact Ubisoft after all their bull**** lies? Like I said, I'm done with them, but I have a right to complain and voice my opinion, as I have supported Ubisoft for over many many years.
It's sad that they are going down the drain, but hey... EA/Activision/Ubisoft, that's like the anti "holy trinity" of gaming bussines. They must be proud.

RamboAssassin
11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Howcome the Ubisoft store still says 15.11.11. maybe it's time to update that yes?

It is very misleading.

Calshomaru
11-16-2011, 12:46 PM
more and more the companies are just foccusing on the consoles and they put the pc aside. those who don't own a console are just getting let aside... and these delays are just proving it... another game is "I am Alive" most of us were expecting it too... now it's only for consoles... i love the games... but ubisoft is getting a litle too "racist" lol towards pc users...

sorry for the bad english i'm portuguese.

AnthonyA85
11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calshomaru:
more and more the companies are just foccusing on the consoles and they put the pc aside. those who don't own a console are just getting let aside... and these delays are just proving it... another game is "I am Alive" most of us were expecting it too... now it's only for consoles... i love the games... but ubisoft is getting a litle too "racist" lol towards pc users...

sorry for the bad english i'm portuguese. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually no, they seem to have done a good job catering to the PC community this time round, since the delay is only 2 weeks

If it had been another six month delay, i would agree with you, but it wasn't that long this time round. Yes, i would also have liked a 15/11 release, (that still means i would have had to wait almost a month and a half to play it), but it some cases, that just isn't possible, testing does have to be done, and can take a while, i don't work for ubi, so i don't know what exactly goes into the final process.

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, than rush things and screw up *cough*Stronghold 3*cough*

stevie-jay
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

Actually no, they seem to have done a good job catering to the PC community this time round, since the delay is only 2 weeks

If it had been another six month delay, i would agree with you, but it wasn't that long this time round. Yes, i would also have liked a 15/11 release, (that still means i would have had to wait almost a month and a half to play it), but it some cases, that just isn't possible, testing does have to be done, and can take a while, i don't work for ubi, so i don't know what exactly goes into the final process.

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, than rush things and screw up *cough*Stronghold 3*cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they really catered to the PC gamers, promising them a simulataneous release on ALL platforms... but guess what?

Teknykk
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
So the game got delayed 2 weeks...and they made a promise they couldn't keep because of certain technical differences between PC and the Consoles, get over it...2 weeks isn't going to kill you.

If you can't find something else to do for 2 weeks with your pitiful existance, it's not our problem...and I really don't see why Mr_Shade should have to deal with your nonsense either...he's just the messenger.

Stuff happens and delays occur, nothing new...be satisfied that they still do proper releases for the PC instead of completely destroying them through garbage consolised ports like half of this year's PC market has had to deal with because of their greedy publishers.

Razrback16
11-16-2011, 09:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, than rush things and screw up *cough*Stronghold 3*cough* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they really catered to the PC gamers, promising them a simulataneous release on ALL platforms... but guess what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh, nothing new, there. Nearly everyone on this forum knew Ubisoft would fail on their promise...just like they do every other year.

Mr_Shade
11-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Any further comments like that steve-jay and you will be suspended.

Your "comments" are now becoming troll posts and offensive.

I suggest you re think the way you post.

stevie-jay
11-17-2011, 08:17 AM

I suggest you re think the way you post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you just put your money where your mouth is?
Idle threats are boring.

Bikeracer4487
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM

Idle threats are boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you literally ASKING him to ban you? In any case, I suggest this thread be locked. I started the thread to inquire about the release date since Ubisoft seemed to be sending mixed messages. My question has been answered and the thread has since devolved into a cycle of "Ubisoft is evil" and "Quit your b****ing" posts, and it's helping no one.

stevie-jay
11-17-2011, 09:49 AM

Idle threats are boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you literally ASKING him to ban you? In any case, I suggest this thread be locked. I started the thread to inquire about the release date since Ubisoft seemed to be sending mixed messages. My question has been answered and the thread has since devolved into a cycle of "Ubisoft is evil" and "Quit your b****ing" posts, and it's helping no one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not asking, I'm just saying it how it is.
Like I care if I get banned from this forum... yeah, it'll be the loss of my life.

And with such a topic, you knew it was bound to happen anyways, such is the way of the world.

kalo.yanis
11-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Wait, if it's 1st December for EMEA countries, then how come amazon.co.uk and game.co.uk state that it's the 2nd Dec?

Dizlol
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Can't wait, shame my Animus Edition got canceled though &gt;.&gt; buying the Collectors one now, and ebaying the Animus later http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif really want that Encyclopedia

kalo.yanis
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
You can always get the White Edition separately.

AnthonyA85
11-17-2011, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JerfyNL:
Can't wait, shame my Animus Edition got canceled though &gt;.&gt; buying the Collectors one now, and ebaying the Animus later http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif really want that Encyclopedia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When was your AE order canceled? You order it from gamestop?

I hope mine won't get canceled, i'll be PO'ed if so, since it's already been paid for.