PDA

View Full Version : Every game nowadays...

DoodTheMan
01-31-2018, 03:30 AM
All my teammates: Level 50-100 and/or character Rank 40
All my opponents: Level 50-100 and/or character Rank 40
Me: Level 27 and my highest character is Rank 4

Skill: On Par with everyone

HOW ARE YOU DETERMINING SKILL?

ChampionRuby50g
01-31-2018, 03:53 AM
Reputation isnít, and never has been, an accurate way to measure skill. It gives a indication of how long a player has played the game/certain hero.
Granted, the higher rep someone is they may be skilled, but itís not set in stone.

bmason1000
01-31-2018, 05:15 AM
Reputation isnít, and never has been, an accurate way to measure skill. It gives a indication of how long a player has played the game/certain hero.
Granted, the higher rep someone is they may be skilled, but itís not set in stone.

Yep. Got a buddy who's around rep 140. Mediocre at best. He's got reps with the entire cast, but i wouldn't say he's truly proficient with any of them. Some he's flat out bad. His shug and raider are awful. I'm trying to think of one that I'd say "oh no he's really great with so and so"... can't think of any.

Meanwhile I got tooled to s*** by a guy under rep 10 with rep 0 characters tonight. I suspect that dude was a smurf though, he was fantastic. Wayyy too good for rep 8. Who knows though, he might just be awesome. I've seen other low rep players that were amazing.

ChampionRuby50g
01-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Yep. Got a buddy who's around rep 140. Mediocre at best. He's got reps with the entire cast, but i wouldn't say he's truly proficient with any of them. Some he's flat out bad. His shug and raider are awful. I'm trying to think of one that I'd say "oh no he's really great with so and so"... can't think of any.

Meanwhile I got tooled to s*** by a guy under rep 10 with rep 0 characters tonight. I suspect that dude was a smurf though, he was fantastic. Wayyy too good for rep 8. Who knows though, he might just be awesome. I've seen other low rep players that were amazing.

I know exactly what you mean, in fact it even happens to me. Got 114 reps, Rep 9 Raider and Iíll be the first to say I suck at him. A lot of people would immediately assume that because Iím a rep 9 that Iíd be really effective and worry because 9 reps is still a decent amount of play time, but itís not the case at all.

UbiInsulin
01-31-2018, 04:48 PM

Does your buddy know you posted this? :p

In answer to OP's question, the team is committed to creating the fairest matchmaking experience possible, although connectivity and time to create a match are also obvious factors. We have mentioned concerns about Reputation difference to the team.

BlowHard74728
01-31-2018, 10:16 PM
Matchmaking has been screwed up for me too it keeps matching me with people with rep 0-9 and im a rep 37 theres no fun in the game if you dont even have to do anything like feints to kill your enemy. I dont have to try because its not matching me with players at or above my skill level