PDA

View Full Version : FC5 map editor for mp?

bent_toe
01-30-2018, 09:52 PM
Just like they did for FC2.

Any news?
I had a total of 2.000 downloads for my 3 biggest created maps on FC2.
Even got one reviewed:
https://youtu.be/OrKPlCfRQ2c

I hope they bring it back...

AW LOST SOLDIER
01-31-2018, 10:11 AM
We are all waiting for ubisoft to confirm multiplayer on custom maps.

GhostWind905
02-01-2018, 04:52 AM
They almost need a one life round kinda game for a mode.

It would be cool if you could choose in your map how many respawns a player gets, or even have no respawns. This could even be done by who ever is hosting the map with settings before the match launches.

Steve64b
02-02-2018, 11:49 AM
This could even be done by who ever is hosting the map with settings before the match launches.I'm really hoping this time players get to over-ride some of the modifiers/parameters for the map.

I mean, there's no need for players to republish a map for different weather/lighting conditions, invulnerability, unlimited ammo etc related modifiers if players can just overrule those settings and modifiers at play time. That should take care of tonnes of duplicate/"plagiarised" maps published, and players can play maps the way they like best.

Also, if there is a 6v6 Deathmatch, I can imagine there being several other gamemodes possible besides (Team) Deathmatch, that can take place on that same map without additional tweaks to the mapfile itself. Potentially, and ideally, players should be able to override the gameplay parameters in multiplayer.

I imagine a 'Worship the Bible' modifier that will spawn a bible at random on one of the spawn points in the map. Players/teams score points by holding the bible up in the air and potentially "spreading the word" (audible) here and there to score additional points at the expense of giving away your position.
Or, one of the spawn points could be considered a "holy place", which would pave the way for a "conquer-and-control" domination-style. Stuff like this would exponentially increase the value and replayability of all the maps published, without requiring map makers to explicitly support those game modes in their design.

bent_toe
02-03-2018, 09:10 AM
An online mp map creator with rating etc. is the only thing that could make me preorder.

Hope info gets out soon

Alpha_sgt_14
02-04-2018, 06:24 AM
Yea, I think its pretty much confirmed at this point but that's only through some leaks and Gamestop listing, etc. Though, I couldn't necessarily find an actual confirmation from the team down at ubisoft, similar to the IGE announcement in the live stream. I sure hope that Multiplayer is a for sure addition to the game because I don't know about you guys but I sure as hell miss me some good old multiplayer in our custom maps. Jk, a multiplayer is something we have been clambering for since the coop only fc4. Now that lobby system is a definite must for fc5 btw *cough* ubisoft *cough* * points at fc2.* It was so easy back then to share and play our maps that now days I feel like a turd for taking that system for granted. It was a bit rough around the edges but what we got for fc3/4 pales in comparison.

bent_toe
02-20-2018, 12:01 AM
Its already confirmed there's a multiplayer map editor. Not just co-op map editor like FARCRY4. Its just they haven't said if we get to host lobbies with a playlist of user created maps public or not. That's the hold up. Now if they go back to the FARCRY3 lazy route of private one map lobby only then forget it.

Could you link me to this source?

akilyoung
02-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Last I heard, it is confirmed...

Viragoxv535
02-20-2018, 08:35 PM
The thing is that that would be a nice selling point and yet it is not specified by retailers' product page.

bent_toe
02-22-2018, 10:14 PM
Last I heard, it is confirmed...

Great..from where/whom?

AlexoEx0
02-28-2018, 05:07 AM
"create maps and play with or against your friends"

Unfortunately that makes me think that is more likely confirming the creation of offline-mission-based maps that can be played alone or with/agaisnt friends. I would have much rather see the phrase "...or agaisnt players from around the world!".

THE-EDITOR-GUY
03-02-2018, 01:31 AM
We are all waiting for ubisoft to confirm multiplayer on custom maps.
If Ubisoft confirms what you say I will be very pleased.🙂

usmovers_02
03-02-2018, 02:16 AM
They already have. They confirmed it day one.