PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WHEN WHEN are your supposedly servers coming ffs

M4RKSG4MES
01-30-2018, 05:33 PM
Fed up freezing resynchronizing, error codes and CRAZY unfair matchmaking , its glitchy as hell at times too and NO its not MY Internet to blame , thousands of other players suffer too (soon only 100's IF it keeps up) its GOT to be the most glitch suffering/freezing and code error game on the market YET i WRONGLY assumed Ubisoft were big responsible company , We are CONSTANTLY assured new dedicated servers are coming (games ONLY been out 2years nearly) . ALSO when are you going to tweak feats SOME are abused and cheap winned and WAY too powerful ,and some characters ones are rubbish and pointless. WHY are they ALL available AT stand and FIGHT stage of match ,it seems ONLY useful to players who CANT fight for the cheap win at end.

CandleInTheDark
01-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Game's been out nearly one year as a matter of accuracy, don't know where people keep getting the thought it is two years.

As for servers, the devs said last thursday that the servers will come during (meaning not at the start of) season 5, it is in the last development phase after the beta we had a few weeks ago and when they have a date locked down they will let us know.

Armosias
01-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Pardon ME sir I think you HAVE a KEYBOARD issue with you CAPS lock button. Candle answered THE first part.
As FOR the FEATS, we don't KNOW if anything will GET patched, the BALANCE issues some feats CREATE have been HEARD by our moderators. We can HOPE they will WORK on it DURING the upcoming AGE of wolves SEASON 5.

EDIT: game's out since February 14 2017 in the evening, not a year yet.

Okita_Soji..
01-30-2018, 07:04 PM
My only fear is that they're too concerned about the faction War and not what goes on in actual game... They constantly talk about the faction War and tweak it to make it something. Just drop it and push out the servers, restructure the feats, do the reworks and balancing, etc... Work on things that effect the game play. Give up on the faction War already...

CandleInTheDark
01-30-2018, 07:08 PM
My only fear is that they're too concerned about the faction War and not what goes on in actual game... They constantly talk about the faction War and tweak it to make it something. Just drop it and push out the servers, restructure the feats, do the reworks and balancing, etc... Work on things that effect the game play. Give up on the faction War already...

Pretty sure the faction war team doesn't have anything to do with balancing or servers (Bio listed what they do,pretty sure those are not part of it), neither does the team that does cosmetics come to that given that is the other complaint people have.

UbiJurassic
01-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Game's been out nearly one year as a matter of accuracy, don't know where people keep getting the thought it is two years.

As for servers, the devs said last thursday that the servers will come during (meaning not at the start of) season 5, it is in the last development phase after the beta we had a few weeks ago and when they have a date locked down they will let us know.

Just as a small update, we still don't have the final date nailed down just yet. They will still be coming during Season 5 and are considered one of the largest priorities by the team.

The Faction War is an experience that only part of the team works on. Our Game Designers are tasked with finding ways to improve the For Honor experience, while our Engineers are focused on the final implementation of the Dedicated Servers. Season 5 is intended to bring improvements across the board, with the hero updates, the improvements made to the Faction War, the Dedicated Servers and more. To reinforce what I said above, the Dedicated Servers are definitely the largest priority for the team, but we want to ensure that we are bringing even more to our players. We want to ensure that the one year anniversary of For Honor is something special for everyone.

Okita_Soji..
01-30-2018, 07:41 PM
I can't pretend that I know anything about running a software company or game campany so I don't understand why they are wasting resources on the faction war. If there are specific people hired to do that let them go or move them on to something else and hire more people to fix the issues with the game. Stop wasting den time on it, stop wasting payroll on it, no one is going to play it. Use that money and resources on people that can actually help with the issues in the game, hire more people if needed.

Servers are the only thing that can bring back this game. Sure they are coming in season 5, but we need them now not in March or April. The beta was great and I can't wait for it.

I bet its not just me but used to play everyday now like twice a week. It's not that there is some other game that came out occupying my time, I just don't want to deal with the frustration that the game brings in its current state. It is a let down that everything takes so long to to accomplish. Being told we are working on it is an open ended statement that doesn't ever have to a deadline.

CandleInTheDark
01-30-2018, 08:01 PM
I can't pretend that I know anything about running a software company or game campany so I don't understand why they are wasting resources on the faction war. If there are specific people hired to do that let them go or move them on to something else and hire more people to fix the issues with the game. Stop wasting den time on it, stop wasting payroll on it, no one is going to play it. Use that money and resources on people that can actually help with the issues in the game, hire more people if needed.

Servers are the only thing that can bring back this game. Sure they are coming in season 5, but we need them now not in March or April. The beta was great and I can't wait for it.

I bet its not just me but used to play everyday now like twice a week. It's not that there is some other game that came out occupying my time, I just don't want to deal with the frustration that the game brings in its current state. It is a let down that everything takes so long to to accomplish. Being told we are working on it is an open ended statement that doesn't ever have to a deadline.

You're making the assumption that because youdon't care about it no one does, I have seen people it does matter to, the fact that people join discord groups to co-ordinate where they put resources certainly suggests there are a good many.

I also trust that they know better than you and I how many people they need on each thing and how many would take it to the point where they are stepping one each other's toes and getting nothing done any quicker, more hands doesn't always necessarily mean quicker or better work. Supposing they do bring people in, those people would also need to be brought in on how their system works meaning someone who could be working on it has to spend however long training them.

Mini1900
01-30-2018, 08:53 PM
- Very Bad matchmaking and yes yes, iknow you choose ur hero after matchmaking, but i saw too often the rep lvl of one team overall is more that 50 or 60 . And a lot of times there r 6 people in lobby,match begins and 1 team get 2 bots. I mean this is just miserable programming of dev.

- DCs , oh god damn, i mean its not just like 1 error. 1. There r always a host which can lead the complete server to problem. ( i dont know why there is a host ) When host leave descyn. Sometimes u have luck and everything goes good and sometimes u get dc---> check ur problem with internet connection hahahahahahha ( TOO amateur dev ) 2. If someone join and replace bots.Sometimes it begins to lagg ( delays , u see it when someone attacks u ) or u get DC ( another error ). 3. Everything is ok and it happens often when all 8 players r fight near together , u want to ATTACK THEN DC ! yes I never got so many gray hairs becaus of an error or bug in a game !

- Feats , i mean Knights got their godlike feats, then we have wikings and at the end the poor samurais. They SHOULD get rework soon or late.

This just show me after 1 year, that the dev,s r most interested to bring out things which cost real-money or steel in game. ( u see it like every week and month, and yes this thing need a few people to work on them )

But at the end , i can just say O.K to Ubi guys , i mean this,s their job, its always good that u have satisfied costumers but first OF ALL its about earn that MONEY !

So we will just wait til dedicated come out and hope we will have good times without gray hairs with this REALLY NICE GAME "for HONOR"

Cyricke
01-30-2018, 09:04 PM
People defending the implementation of maintenance on this game that we've all witnessed truly confuse me.

In the real world, when you fail your customers or audience there is reprimands and changes involved in order to preserve the company's image and reputation. The problem here is nothing is being done, there is no urgency. The constant flow of fluff features while the core gameplay and connectivity issues exists conveys the message that the priorities are not set properly.

The lag has existed since day one and you still cannot commit to a deadline to fix your extremely unique game. In what world is that acceptable? Balancing the game is much more objectifying which I can admit there's a grey area where some will be unhappy while others are happy with the state of the game which pigeonholes the devs into the "bad guy" role damned if you do damned if you don't. However, it's fair to say that the influx of new heroes that cost $$$ while the original cast is inferior virtually speaks for itself where the priority is.

There is quite literally no excuse whatsoever that laggy gameplay should be prominent in a game with Ubisoft labeled on it. *A year after release.

CandleInTheDark
01-30-2018, 10:08 PM
People defending the implementation of maintenance on this game that we've all witnessed truly confuse me.

In the real world, when you fail your customers or audience there is reprimands and changes involved in order to preserve the company's image and reputation. The problem here is nothing is being done, there is no urgency. The constant flow of fluff features while the core gameplay and connectivity issues exists conveys the message that the priorities are not set properly.

The lag has existed since day one and you still cannot commit to a deadline to fix your extremely unique game. In what world is that acceptable?

As someone who has watched every Den since March, so near all of them, I am satisfied with the commitment they have made that there will be something in the next three to sixteen weeks. I take their word for it because

We have had a successful beta that shows proof of concept
We also know they have worked on P2P because while it has not improved for all, anecdotal evidence shows it has worked for some
When they have directly said that there are things coming,such as reworks, they have kept us informed and we know they are coming
They have kept to every one of their season pass obligations
When they have not been able to deliver something on time, they have told us why, such as the training arena being postponed due to needing to recertify the game for it or the reason parry changes did not come right away being because of the negative feedback.

Yes it is frustrating what many of us go through and yes a date would be nice, but they have earned over this last year the benefit of the doubt.

Mia.Nora
01-30-2018, 10:26 PM
Considering they kept lying about the 000512 error for over 4 months until an official BBB complaint was filed, so that they can keep blaming player's end for the problems and P2P fiasco; I don't have the slightest trust in their word.

When words are worthless the only thing that actually matters is actions, and we are yet to see them. And sorry but no, the small amount of things that's been done is nothing in comparison to what should have been done in a year's time especially considering how broken they released their AAA priced product.

DaLast_Samurai
01-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Just as long as half way through season 5 we don't get told they are going to have to be pushed back to season 6 for whatever yada, yada reason.

Because I do recall we were all told they would be out at some point of season 4 way back when.

So, yeah...

CandleInTheDark
01-30-2018, 11:46 PM
Just as long as half way through season 5 we don't get told they are going to have to be pushed back to season 6 for whatever yada, yada reason.

Because I do recall we were all told they would be out at some point of season 4 way back when.

So, yeah...

We were never told that,there was a roadmap involving season three and season four, if you look closely, all that map said was that work had started on them, they were not listed under either. They only told us that far out where usually they wait until closer to the time so we knew it had started as it was that big a thing.

https://youtu.be/Rp157U7QXus?t=1386 - they were very transparent in that they could not give us a date at that time because they did not have one. First we got an idea was them saying the team had had their first test run on them and it was close right before the beta.

UbiJurassic
01-30-2018, 11:51 PM

So, yeah...

I can assure you that there is no pushback planned for the launch of dedicated servers. They will be coming during Season 5 for sure.

Okita_Soji..
01-31-2018, 12:28 AM
You're making the assumption that because youdon't care about it no one does, I have seen people it does matter to, the fact that people join discord groups to co-ordinate where they put resources certainly suggests there are a good many.

I don't want to get started on the faction war on how pointless it is. Nobody bought this game for a top-down board game because this is off topic.

How hard would it be to say "the first reworks plan to come out the start of season 5, two weeks in servers will be out, three weeks in the next batch of hero reworks are coming out, 5 weeks into season 5 the last of the original hero reworks will be out."

Instead all were told is this is coming this is coming this is coming with no timeline. We know more about the Marvel movies coming out in 2019 then when anything is supposed to happen in this game.

DaLast_Samurai
01-31-2018, 12:39 AM
We were never told that,there was a roadmap involving season three and season four, if you look closely, all that map said was that work had started on them, they were not listed under either. They only told us that far out where usually they wait until closer to the time so we knew it had started as it was that big a thing.

https://youtu.be/Rp157U7QXus?t=1386 - they were very transparent in that they could not give us a date at that time because they did not have one. First we got an idea was them saying the team had had their first test run on them and it was close right before the beta.

You mean they changed the tune, actually...

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/for-honor-revamp-changes-for-season-3-4-detailed-dedicated-servers-incoming

Good try though.
But they did very much represent season 4 as the season they would impliment dedicated servers.
As I remember it being all the talk as well.

But it's all good, as I'm sure they'll be out in season 5.

UbiJurassic
01-31-2018, 12:51 AM

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/for-honor-revamp-changes-for-season-3-4-detailed-dedicated-servers-incoming

Good try though.
But they did very much represent season 4 as the season they would impliment dedicated servers.

Candle is right. We have never said that dedicated servers were planned for release during the Season 4, though it might have been confused to be since the information that they would be coming was released in conjunction with our roadmap for Season 3 and 4.

DaLast_Samurai
01-31-2018, 12:54 AM
Candle is right. We have never said that dedicated servers were planned for release during the Season 4, though it might have been confused to be since the information that they would be coming was released in conjunction with our roadmap for Season 3 and 4.

This... lol.
Politicians are my favorite.

CandleInTheDark
01-31-2018, 01:06 AM
I don't want to get started on the faction war on how pointless it is. Nobody bought this game for a top-down board game because this is off topic.

How hard would it be to say "the first reworks plan to come out the start of season 5, two weeks in servers will be out, three weeks in the next batch of hero reworks are coming out, 5 weeks into season 5 the last of the original hero reworks will be out."

Instead all were told is this is coming this is coming this is coming with no timeline. We know more about the Marvel movies coming out in 2019 then when anything is supposed to happen in this game.

Again, I know people that are very into it, a casual dismissal makes that no less true. Regardless of that, they aren't telling us the date because they don't have one locked down where hey this will definitely be ready. They spoke about defensive meta reworks and the flicker fix when they thought they were close and they found out in the interim that it was not as close as they thought. They picked up a lot of flack for that,maybe at least a little rightly so, they have told us when they have a date they will tell us. They have told us that they know when the first set of reworks are due and they have added in two they did not tell us about, again it is a matter of are some in mocap phase, have they tested the buffs/reworks? They aren't going to tell us we have this ready for five weeks away and then in three weeks find oh damn this doesn't work.

Good try though.

Nice try but denied with just a little research. Firstly that article came out after the link I posted, on the same day but I know I remember it being posted afterwards.I remember because I recapped that, was keeping track of the articles on site and nowhere that I remember dd they say this is when it is coming out.

Secondly and more importantly, who is Mikel Reparaz? He isn't an ubisoft dev, unless I have the wrong one, he is the head of Vidjagame Apocalypse, a podcast, and a communications mercenary, whatever that is,on Ubiblog. Essentially he is a journalist.As for the mention of dedicated servers, at best you can say that Mikel's initial blurb was unclear and was not corrected on a proof read, but find me out where any of the devs in that article give date or season? The closest I have found to any kind of time is this from Damien

So it's a lot of work, but it's work that has already started quite some time ago. But it will take time, and it will go through several steps before we can release it progressively to the players.

So...where is the season in that? But hey if I missed something that came from an actual game developer as opposed to a journalist, point it out to me.

SolarWolf69
01-31-2018, 01:41 AM
I agree completely. I had this game since release and there have always been issues, but lately, finding a match is harder than its ever been. Why should ANYONE have to wait 15 minutes for a matchmaking session???? It's insane. Hell, I can't even join any other game type but Dominion, and about 1/3 of the time, my pc freezes at the end of the match, right before the rewards screen. So... I waited to join a match, played it.... then.. nothing. This has been an issue from the start and a year later they are no closer to solving it(I doubt they are even trying) and they have in fact made other aspects of the game worse. (Matchmaking--- balance)

I'm tired of paying hard earned money for someones polished "turd".... that they then proceed to make stink even worse. I enjoyed the game for a minute, but the time I've spent waiting for matches and rebooting my computer due to lock ups..... can't be regained. That's time in my life lost that Ill never get back. There should be some recourse for consumers in a case like this.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 01:53 PM

The lag has existed since day one and you still cannot commit to a deadline to fix your extremely unique game. In what world is that acceptable? Balancing the game is much more objectifying which I can admit there's a grey area where some will be unhappy while others are happy with the state of the game which pigeonholes the devs into the "bad guy" role damned if you do damned if you don't. However, it's fair to say that the influx of new heroes that cost $$$ while the original cast is inferior virtually speaks for itself where the priority is.

There is quite literally no excuse whatsoever that laggy gameplay should be prominent in a game with Ubisoft labeled on it. *A year after release.

Again with the toxic behavior. Keep it up and your stomach is going to be lined with ulcers.

Firstly there are different teams for different aspects of the game. Not everyone works on the same thing. This goes for every game not just for honor. The people who work on say maps may not be the same people that work on say the heros. If I had to guess the teams under for honor fall under content, live team, artists/sound, etc. It's not as simple as "hey artists we're struggling to get these servers up drop your work and come help." They have no training in that.

Typically if you pull in more people to help with a task it is done from outside the company. For instance when bioware montreal was struggling to get mass effect andromeda out they pulled some people from a different bioware company to help finish it. the constant flow of "fluff" was already pre planned content that probably was being worked on pre release. As once a deadline is hit they have to stop anything that isn't close to being finished and either scrap it entirely or save it for later post release. Depends how far along it is.

When we get to connection for this game it's something they've actively been working on since day 1. In fact if you were actually here around launch there was a good few month period where connection issues were so massive most people struggled to play. it's gotten A LOT better over the year. To try and say it's never been a priority or they've not been working at it is just blatently false. Also if you happen to live in some far away place like australia there isn't much they can do.

Moving from there very unique connection structure to dedicated servers isn't an easy task. And they've been working away at it since season 4 launch. potentially a bit sooner. Which again just flies in your face about how wrong you are. And i'll restate an earlier point. The people making the heros are not the same people working on connections. Not to mention even if they wanted to delay those they really can't. As people already paid for them. Would give grounds for lawsuits.

Finally Dedicated servers do not fix or get rid of lag. They eliminate host advantage and make sure no match is dropped due to a player lagging/quitting out. Battlefield is a popular series that's used dedicated servers for awhile. and there are still people who rubber band. and weird deaths like dying behind a wall. The major thing you will get when dedi's drop is no more match drops. Once they've flicked on their new lag comp system (which is stated to be switched on after a bit of the dedi's being out) is when you'll actually feel better matches.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 02:06 PM

So, yeah...

Season 4 never promised dedi servers. the road map merely showed that they were going to start working on them. It could have been written to be better understanding for sure. But if anything has ever been delayed they've straight up told us it would be. To my knowledge only the parry changes and new training setup were delayed.

Just because something might not be your reason for buying the game doesn't make it not important. I don't buy call of duty games for their story. But if it didn't have one i'd be upset.
For honor is a fantasy fighting game about the 3 most popular types of warriors. Having an ongoing war between the 3 where a player has direct influence on it is a big selling point for some.

If they had the dates they would give them to us. We've been told the reworks are coming at launch. And they've told us dates in the past too. Anthem was told to drop this year last year at E3. now it's been delayed till 2019. Just because a date is given doesn't mean it will be met. At this point you're asking purely for comfort sake. Find comfort on your own. If you've been with them for an entire year and you still don't trust their word then maybe the problem is you and not them.

Cyricke
01-31-2018, 02:43 PM
Again with the toxic behavior. Keep it up and your stomach is going to be lined with ulcers.

Firstly there are different teams for different aspects of the game. Not everyone works on the same thing. This goes for every game not just for honor. The people who work on say maps may not be the same people that work on say the heros. If I had to guess the teams under for honor fall under content, live team, artists/sound, etc. It's not as simple as "hey artists we're struggling to get these servers up drop your work and come help." They have no training in that.

Typically if you pull in more people to help with a task it is done from outside the company. For instance when bioware montreal was struggling to get mass effect andromeda out they pulled some people from a different bioware company to help finish it. the constant flow of "fluff" was already pre planned content that probably was being worked on pre release. As once a deadline is hit they have to stop anything that isn't close to being finished and either scrap it entirely or save it for later post release. Depends how far along it is.

When we get to connection for this game it's something they've actively been working on since day 1. In fact if you were actually here around launch there was a good few month period where connection issues were so massive most people struggled to play. it's gotten A LOT better over the year. To try and say it's never been a priority or they've not been working at it is just blatently false. Also if you happen to live in some far away place like australia there isn't much they can do.

Moving from there very unique connection structure to dedicated servers isn't an easy task. And they've been working away at it since season 4 launch. potentially a bit sooner. Which again just flies in your face about how wrong you are. And i'll restate an earlier point. The people making the heros are not the same people working on connections. Not to mention even if they wanted to delay those they really can't. As people already paid for them. Would give grounds for lawsuits.

Finally Dedicated servers do not fix or get rid of lag. They eliminate host advantage and make sure no match is dropped due to a player lagging/quitting out. Battlefield is a popular series that's used dedicated servers for awhile. and there are still people who rubber band. and weird deaths like dying behind a wall. The major thing you will get when dedi's drop is no more match drops. Once they've flicked on their new lag comp system (which is stated to be switched on after a bit of the dedi's being out) is when you'll actually feel better matches.

You think host advantage in an intense every millisecond counts PvP game is acceptable? In 2018?

Your density is greatly on display if you think you need to explain to me that different teams working on separate aspects of the game cannot simply switch teams and help out wherever. No duh?

The issue with it is that when you constantly push out fluff features while your gameplay and connectivity is burning on fire, it makes you look like you don't care about the meat of the game but instead care about DLC that will cost money and still be afflicted by the issues mentioned before since they're core fundamental features that involve every bit of gameplay besides the faction war.

Can you imagine that? The faction war works great, I can assign points and come back later to check the sum. Amazing. Jaw dropping. Simultaneously you have numerous heroes that have been rendered crap tier due to poor oversight by the devs while adding new heroes with extremely slow reaction to restoring the balance and of course the terrible connectivity issues we all deal with that were literally the same issues we dealt with a decade ago on Xbox 360 games.

The bottom line here is the small playerbase and overall negative attention this game receives is directly caused by the actions made and not made by these devs. I have a vested interest in such things because I spent $65 to play and truly love the game for many reasons. This is as simple as using an example familiar everyone could relate to:

If you go to a restaurant and the food is good but your service from the staff is poor, that puts you in a position as a customer with a bitter sweet feeling towards the restaurant. You may continue returning for the good food, but the poor service each time makes you want to return less and less. Over time, a considerable amount of people will stop coming to eat there because they don't want to give money to a business that can't hire and maintain good service despite how good the food is.

The good food is the great unique game that For Honor has, while the poor service symbolizes the devs that are the sole reason the playerbase dwindles smaller and smaller.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 02:55 PM
You think host advantage in an intense every millisecond counts PvP game is acceptable? In 2018?

Your density is greatly on display if you think you need to explain to me that different teams working on separate aspects of the game cannot simply switch teams and help out wherever. No duh?

The issue with it is that when you constantly push out fluff features while your gameplay and connectivity is burning on fire, it makes you look like you don't care about the meat of the game but instead care about DLC that will cost money and still be afflicted by the issues mentioned before since they're core fundamental features that involve every bit of gameplay besides the faction war.

Can you imagine that? The faction war works great, I can assign points and come back later to check the sum. Amazing. Jaw dropping. Simultaneously you have numerous heroes that have been rendered crap tier due to poor oversight by the devs while adding new heroes with extremely slow reaction to restoring the balance and of course the terrible connectivity issues we all deal with that were literally the same issues we dealt with a decade ago on Xbox 360 games.

The bottom line here is the small playerbase and overall negative attention this game receives is directly caused by the actions made and not made by these devs. I have a vested interest in such things because I spent $65 to play and truly love the game for many reasons. This is as simple as using an example familiar everyone could relate to:

If you go to a restaurant and the food is good but your service from the staff is poor, that puts you in a position as a customer with a bitter sweet feeling towards the restaurant. You may continue returning for the good food, but the poor service each time makes you want to return less and less. Over time, a considerable amount of people will stop coming to eat there because they don't want to give money to a business that can't hire and maintain good service despite how good the food is.

The good food is the great unique game that For Honor has, while the poor service symbolizes the devs that are the sole reason the playerbase dwindles smaller and smaller.

You acknowledge that the teams that work on the game are seperate yet you continue to argue as if they're prioritizing one thing over another as if they work in one team.
I'm not dense. Your position is shoddy.

Most games these days still use p2p. even fighting games. P2P isn't straight awful. Just as Dedi's are not amazing. Both have their ups and downs. Most games tend to run a hybrid system using both in some capacity. Others come up with their own unique system. Like for honor. FH wasn't normal P2P. The matches dropped when a player would quit not because he was host. You should look into what their system was if you don't already know.

Your analogy doesn't pan out because the devs are actually very vocal about what they're up to. And they reg do a weekly update. How many games can you think of that actively do that? Further more they've been pushing out hotfixes/actual patches with a steady stream each month. I can't think of a period of time where we had to go a month or more without some kind of hotfix or patch or update.

You're just a salty person who can't seem to vent their feelings in a productive mannor. Nothing more.

Armosias
01-31-2018, 03:47 PM
Major thing I will get with dedi servs is a fair gameplay where I don't teleport on other players' screens while it's perfect on mine and I'm pinging google for 12 ms .

Edit: It means I will be able to play without feeling like a cheater.

GeneraISoIo
01-31-2018, 03:51 PM

I also trust that they know better than you and I how many people they need on each thing and how many would take it to the point where they are stepping one each other's toes and getting nothing done any quicker, more hands doesn't always necessarily mean quicker or better work. Supposing they do bring people in, those people would also need to be brought in on how their system works meaning someone who could be working on it has to spend however long training them.

I dont care about Faction war, I would like to see it gone as well if major changes are not made. Like Okita said, so many other issues are frustrating me that I don't need this useless mode bringing me down as well, saying I lost something I had no control over. I suggest they start giving reward to loyal players, should be almost equal to the first place rewards, then I might enjoy faction war. If not, I fail enough in life as it is, I don't need a mode saying I fail at it too. Get rid of faction war or make being in a worthless faction worth it! lol

Okita_Soji..
01-31-2018, 05:17 PM
The faction war like it or not is filler. It is something to during the 45 seconds between matches beside change gear, scrap loot, and change orders. It has no impact on the game. The faction that you choose means nothing but getting an ornament and some crates if you win. Maybe the changes for season 5 will help make it something better than a time killer but still there is something way off about it. Vikings don't win 1 round in forever now they are the Patriots or Golden State Warriors, pick your sport, out of no where unstoppable force that will not loose for some time to come. Sure they want to add this fluff because they had some idea about it but it didn't work. What I was saying is cut your losses. Focus on the other issues of the game and make the actual playable part of the game better. If it is too much for say 2 programmers to make new armor hire 2 more so we get something with out spikes or a way to make your hero unique. Move the set budget around to areas that need it. Sure that trailer looks cool with the black and gold armor but you can't have it. When will the other original cast get reworks? Sure dates might not be met but at least we would have an idea when things would be addressed. You can only string the loyal fan base along for so long with saying things are coming and are going to get better before they give up on it and move on. It would be big step for PR which this game needs. How cool would it have been during the season 5 trailer to see the all the heroes in the black armor with at the very end saying servers coming Feb 21st in big print? Instead we are told nothing maybe Feb maybe March just wait... but if you look over here you'll forget about the servers because we added some windmills to the faction war. Sigh....I like playing watching the circle spin in the middle of the screen while I'm in the middle of an attack and then it unfreezes and I'm laying dead on the ground because someone left the game.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 05:46 PM
The faction war like it or not is filler. It is something to during the 45 seconds between matches beside change gear, scrap loot, and change orders. It has no impact on the game. The faction that you choose means nothing but getting an ornament and some crates if you win. Maybe the changes for season 5 will help make it something better than a time killer but still there is something way off about it. Vikings don't win 1 round in forever now they are the Patriots or Golden State Warriors, pick your sport, out of no where unstoppable force that will not loose for some time to come. Sure they want to add this fluff because they had some idea about it but it didn't work. What I was saying is cut your losses. Focus on the other issues of the game and make the actual playable part of the game better. If it is too much for say 2 programmers to make new armor hire 2 more so we get something with out spikes or a way to make your hero unique. Move the set budget around to areas that need it. Sure that trailer looks cool with the black and gold armor but you can't have it. When will the other original cast get reworks? Sure dates might not be met but at least we would have an idea when things would be addressed. You can only string the loyal fan base along for so long with saying things are coming and are going to get better before they give up on it and move on. It would be big step for PR which this game needs. How cool would it have been during the season 5 trailer to see the all the heroes in the black armor with at the very end saying servers coming Feb 21st in big print? Instead we are told nothing maybe Feb maybe March just wait... but if you look over here you'll forget about the servers because we added some windmills to the faction war. Sigh....I like playing watching the circle spin in the middle of the screen while I'm in the middle of an attack and then it unfreezes and I'm laying dead on the ground because someone left the game.

You can't make an empirical statement like that about something that is very clearly an opinion. In my mind filler content is something that has very little attention given to it. It purely exists to pad game time. The faction war is not that. It's got plenty of attention. Apperently so much attention that you want them to stop giving it attention. Cosmetics also don't have an impact on the game. Maybe they should stop making new executions and taunts too?

If no one cared about the faction war then "cutting their losses" would be an appropriate thing. But they've very clearly been asked to continue to work on it and make it even better. You can go back and look at all the q&a's for past warriors dens. The demand to make it bigger and more amazing is there. You don't have to like it. You don't have to want it. but it's not going away. Deal with it.

Again as it's been pointed out several times in this thread there are multiple teams that work on different things. There literally never is such a thing as one group of people being pulled from their work in house to assist with others. The only time anything like that happens is if they pull in help from outside their company. Simply put. Them cutting faction wars entirely will NOT suddenly make things come out faster and better in other areas of the game. That isn't how development works at all.

I hate to burst your bubble man but there is no small rumblings of the community in any part to want a removal of faction war. We've seen plenty of demand for more work to be done on it. Even if everyone on these forums was behind you and your opinion that's still a minority compared to the community as a whole.

Okita_Soji..
01-31-2018, 06:03 PM
I think you are missing my point, I'm not saying to move people from one area to another. Say there are 4 people working on faction war updates and 4 on servers, there are way more but for simple math. Which is more important to the game? Faction war will not bring people to play the game, sure some may like it but no one bought this game for a top down side game. People want the Knight vs Viking vs Samurai fighting so making it the best it can be is what is needed. Servers has the potential to bring people to the game and bring in more money for the company. If you need more people to a certain task and it is behind like say servers add more people who do that. Hire more people, move people from a different game. In my example above let 2 faction war people go or move them and bring in more to work on the servers. For Honor is not the first multi player game made there are other models out there, we are not paving the way. There are plenty of people who know what they are doing, sure maybe there are good ones on it already but it doesn't mean there isn't anyone else out there. If the servers are going to be the savior everyone is hoping for they should be screaming from the rafters about when its coming, not we are working on it just keep playing the problematic game until they arrive.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 06:09 PM
I think you are missing my point, I'm not saying to move people from one area to another. Say there are 4 people working on faction war updates and 4 on servers, there are way more but for simple math. Which is more important to the game? Faction war will not bring people to play the game, sure some may like it but no one bought this game for a top down side game. People want the Knight vs Viking vs Samurai fighting so making it the best it can be is what is needed. Servers has the potential to bring people to the game and bring in more money for the company. If you need more people to a certain task and it is behind like say servers add more people who do that. Hire more people, move people from a different game. In my example above let 2 faction war people go or move them and bring in more to work on the servers. For Honor is not the first multi player game made there are other models out there, we are not paving the way. There are plenty of people who know what they are doing, sure maybe there are good ones on it already but it doesn't mean there isn't anyone else out there. If the servers are going to be the savior everyone is hoping for they should be screaming from the rafters about when its coming, not we are working on it just keep playing the problematic game until they arrive.

If they desperately needed help with the servers i'm sure they would have tried hiring people. Firing people from the faction war group (pretend there is one for the sake of argument) wouldn't make the stuff go faster. There is no reason they can't work on both at the same time. And there is no proof that them working on the faction war has any effect on when the dedi servers will be done. Not just from like discussions with the team on the den but purely from a logical stand point. seperate teams. neither impact eachother.

And you're right. it is a fantasy game. the war is apart of that fantasy. I very much care about it. And I barely contribute due to how busy I am. Doesn't mean I don't lose my mind when my knight bois pull a W. Or get upset when the dirty vikings win AGAIN -cough- -cough-

I think it's clear they are prioritizing servers. one of the mods here stated they were. they've been working on it nonstop in season 4 and are putting it above everything (barring the reworks and new content) coming in season 5 by the sounds of it.

Okita_Soji..
01-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Maybe it is because you only duel you don't see the other bigger issues that plague the 4's. I have played over 900 dominion pvp games and over 300 of the other 4v4 modes so I have seen a lot of things that frustrate me. I want the game to get better as I do like it a lot. Lately I've only been playing dominion vs AI and the game is much smother with just the 4 playing instead of 8 there are less disconnects and recalibrating. Lag seems less too. The lvl 3 bots could be better, would like lvl 4 as the games are not even close. They are easy wins but is a good way to practice.

With regards to the faction war, besides retooling it so the Vikings are not so dominant maybe the additions season 5 will bring will make it something. It is clear I don't care for it as Factions don't matter. I added to the post in suggestions long ago that it is meaningless and if factions were to matter why am I fight along side Knights and Vikings and helping their cause. More has to be done with it than adding castles and windmills. It needs to mean more than just an xp boost to get people like me to care. It doesn't matter currently as the Vikings will just keep winning anyway.

Knight_Raime
01-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Maybe it is because you only duel you don't see the other bigger issues that plague the 4's. I have played over 900 dominion pvp games and over 300 of the other 4v4 modes so I have seen a lot of things that frustrate me. I want the game to get better as I do like it a lot. Lately I've only been playing dominion vs AI and the game is much smother with just the 4 playing instead of 8 there are less disconnects and recalibrating. Lag seems less too. The lvl 3 bots could be better, would like lvl 4 as the games are not even close. They are easy wins but is a good way to practice.

With regards to the faction war, besides retooling it so the Vikings are not so dominant maybe the additions season 5 will bring will make it something. It is clear I don't care for it as Factions don't matter. I added to the post in suggestions long ago that it is meaningless and if factions were to matter why am I fight along side Knights and Vikings and helping their cause. More has to be done with it than adding castles and windmills. It needs to mean more than just an xp boost to get people like me to care. It doesn't matter currently as the Vikings will just keep winning anyway.

I do want to back peddle a little and apologize for my aggressive behavior. You for the most part do post reasonably fine. I've had some caffeine today and when I get hyper I can be aggressive. So apologies.

Anyway. I agree we could deff use bigger changes to the faction war to make it far more interesting. I can understand why you don't care and that in the end you're really only trying to offer a solution. I just don't agree with it.

I want to like 4's. I really do. But what I want out of 4's to make it something enjoyable for me is something I don't see happening. but if you're curious to what that is....
~no duplicate heros. ex only one shaman a team.
~stats by default do not come into play and gear is cosmetic. stat based 4v4's would be a seperate que.
~dynamic maps with dominion. we capture a point. we move onto another point. think battlefield 1's operations.
~bigger teams. like 6 people per team.
~retooling of scoring in dominion so it's more about holding points and kills mean far less.
~Revenge being more of a proactive use instead of a reactive baindaid to address ganks.
~all feats are unlocked in the match by default. No scoring points to have to unlock their use. it encourages snowballing currently. feats could be far more powerful and dynamic if this was a thing.

CandleInTheDark
02-01-2018, 12:42 AM

I certainly think in xvx modes, it would make sense to group faction players where possible if that is something they can work on once servers are in, so long as they don't push to artificially restrict choice by penalising people who chose a character outside of their faction for that match as some are pushing for. The choice of those who don't play to such restrictions should not be limited by the self imposed restrictions of others.

I honestly don't like arguments that go with hey just fire some people, move them to another game that could use them, sure, if it is necessary, enough people like it I don't think it is, but some people talk far too casually about people's work life for my liking. I get servers is a thing that needs prioritising and it sounds like outside reworks they have done just that, we know there is a definite sixteen week period (season and offseason) and I would hope that if they are in the final development phase it won't be in the later part of that.I get 4v4 is a problem right now, what they did helped some (anecdotal evidence), didn't help many, it was why they started the migration in the first place.

Okita_Soji..
02-01-2018, 02:04 AM
My comments about moving people is about money and budget. What ever they do to faction war whether I or anyone like it or not will do nothing to bring people to the game. To keep this game going it needs players. They are slowly letting everyone slip away by delaying things and pushing everything back. Just telling people to wait it will come is bad business. We need servers and a great many things that effect game play not this. Sure some make like the mini side game it is but it will not keep players or bring in new ones. The fighting game play is why we are all still here and if that just continues to the way it is that won't be enough.