PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm bad.

Aurockson
01-29-2018, 07:55 PM
So I'm still trying to get a better feel for this game. I went up against a Orochi last night that used lunge attacks constantly and I kept getting annihilated by it I try dodging backwards but she teleports over and gets the heavy hit...while I'm staggered I get guardbroken gets the guaranteed heavy top.

Help what am I supposed to do against this?

Not complaining about the character just trying to figure out how to not have that happen to me.

Aurockson
01-29-2018, 07:59 PM
Also have a lot of trouble against shamans/berserkers
any tips?

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 08:05 PM
For Orochi, you can just block I believe, or dodge to the side. If an opponent uses the same move over, and over, it's good practice against the move, so try a parry. If nothing else, It makes them predictable.

Can't help you against the Shaman, but a lot of people struggle against her. Shaman's kit is extremely versatile, some players argue it's too good. The best way I deal with Shaman's is be twice as offensive as they are.

If you can be more specific about what troubles you're having with Berserkers, I can almost definitely help you out with that though.

Aurockson
01-29-2018, 08:13 PM
The twirl to the side both Shaman and berserker have this I believe.

Orochi issue for me is that even when I do dodge away it seems to almost track me like 10+ feet away.

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Correct, a few of the heroes have these dodge-attacks. The Shaman's however is a Heavy, the Berserkers is only a light. Good thing about fighting the Berserker though, is all you gotta do is block it. Whatever side he dodges to, block that way. He can't lead into any new moves once that dodge-attack is blocked.

For the Orochi doing the lunge attack, you can learn to parry it, but until then you can stick to blocking. It's not impossible to dodge, but you gotta learn those timings as well.

There's really no shortcut answer here, the troubles you're having are the same ones every For Honor player has faced before you. Just know that you can block, and dodge most of them, and with time learn to parry them.
Just gotta keep playing, keep a level head, and you'll be parrying everything in no time.

The_B0G_
01-29-2018, 08:39 PM
Tundra's advice is good, Shaman is a handful no matter what you do, theres no real one tactic to win for fighting them.

You should also try switching up heroes until you find one you feel comfortable with, if I'm having issues with assassins I usually pick my kensei, he has a side dodge attack and better than average range so they can't sneak their way out by dodging as often.

His side heavy after his light attack is also uninterruptable, so if they are being really aggressive use that a couple times and they should be worse off than you. Kensei is said to be one of the weakest in the game but in lower skill levels where you start he's pretty good.

Also if assassins are using dodge attacks a lot, use a lot of Kensei light side attacks, it usually will hit them before they can land their attack, depending on the assassin class, some are quicker than others.