PDA

View Full Version : 1946

oilleak
09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Man I wish they had spell check cause I am the worst. So B/with me. I am new to this and am in a big learning curve. My apologies to all. I just got a new pc and high speed so I think I am ready for on line play. Now I need some kind sole to help me with directions.

oilleak
09-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Man I wish they had spell check cause I am the worst. So B/with me. I am new to this and am in a big learning curve. My apologies to all. I just got a new pc and high speed so I think I am ready for on line play. Now I need some kind sole to help me with directions.

AndyJWest
09-05-2009, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the spelling Oilleak, not many around here can either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'd get to learn how the forum works, though. You won't be too popular if you start a new topic every few minutes: Add to an existing one where relevant. Try to give a new topic a meaningful title too, '1946' doesn't tell us much.

If you haven't already, I'd start by reading Bearcat's Nugget's Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645), there is a heck of a lot of useful information in there, including stuff on patches, online play, and all the other IL-2 essentials.

I'ts not clear from your postings whether you are new to IL-2, or just new to IL-2 online flying. If it is the former, I'd at least learn the basics before you fly online - people shooting at you while you learn to fly isn't helpful.

Post a reply to this, giving us an idea of what it is you need help with, and I'm sure we will be able to help out - new <STRIKE>victims</STRIKE> competitors are always welcome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The_Stealth_Owl
09-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Check out the links in my sig, especialy the Essentials.

oilleak
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
wilco Andy, Thanks.

Tully__
09-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Regarding your comment about the Bf-109 gunsight in your other thread, there's nothing wrong with it. In that aircraft the sight is mounted sightly right of centre so your pipper wont line up until you move the pilot into his shooting posture (Shift+F1 by default).

oilleak
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Tully come on. of course. I am talking about when you are in no cockpit mode and you just have the pipper and floating pipper, the floating pipper is off center and (Shift+F1) does not center it.

berg417448
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
That floating "pipper" in no cockpit mode is a carrier landing aid.

From the Pacific Fighters 3.0 Read Me file:

How to land on an aircraft carrier

First and foremost, come in from the stern (i.e. from behind).
In order to make it easier to learn, we’ve included a non-historical helper feature that may be useful for people who otherwise find it difficult to land on the carrier.
If you turn off the 3D cockpit (Shift-F1 by default, with “No Cockpit” set to On in the Difficulty section), you will see an extra reticle floating around the virtual cockpit. When landing, try to keep decreasing your airspeed, and keep the reticle on the centerline of the carrier deck, at about 1/5th of the total length away from the stern. In other words, this reticle shows you the direction of your speed vector, and the landing angle should be about twice as shallow as when landing on a land strip.

oilleak
09-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes I use it to land on the flat top, I thought it was also a gun aid, my bad. Having other issues also. like when I am looking at my aircraft from out side and move my view with the mouse my flaps come down. W T Heck!

Waldo.Pepper
09-05-2009, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">move my view with the mouse my flaps come down </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously you have a conflicting assignment of key/mouse or something like that.

What key lowers flaps in your setup? Look into it.

oilleak
09-05-2009, 10:33 PM
U Da Man! HOTAS Control had it linked. To all U guys that are helping me get off the ground, many thanks.