PDA

View Full Version : GB Heavies?

Dasteel1974
01-29-2018, 04:42 AM
So you can now GB heavy attacks. Isnít this kind of the exact opposite of what it was? What was the reasoning? Why is it that it seems that not all characters can have it done to them during attacks but other can? Seems like a pretty fíing idiotic thing to change but that is just me.

The_B0G_
01-29-2018, 04:58 AM
As kensei you can get GBd out of the air on his unblockable top heavy, agreed, pretty ridiculous.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-29-2018, 05:22 AM
You could always guard break during heavy startup.

The_B0G_
01-29-2018, 02:19 PM
On start up yeah, maybe its lag but I legit got grabbed out of the air on my down swing, new revenge seems to be able to interupt any attack at any time with a gb as well.

BTTrinity
01-29-2018, 02:23 PM
You could always guard break during heavy startup.

Yeah, on Startup... Right now you can do it as the attack is about to connect with some people.

Dasteel1974
01-29-2018, 03:07 PM
Didnít know that was always the case. Just been seeing it a whole lot more lately done to me but I have had issues doing it myself. Seems like certain characters can and others canít. Also, what is the deal with the range of some GB is stupid. I have been knocked down, roll away and they guard break me from like 10ft away. Orochi and Gladiator are the 2 that stand out off the top of my head.

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 05:10 PM
While GB on Heavy Startup has always been a thing, lately it seems like you can get GBed out of almost anything. It feels really weird and inconsistent.

I'd like to hear from the devs, whether or not this is a bug, and if they're aware of it.

Hatred2016
01-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Here are the reasons this is happening in order of likeliness :

1) Part of the Conq rework that mistakenly made it through, will make sense once the rework is released.
2) P2P is failing, dedicated servers will fix this.
3) Shaman is OP, her release has destroyed everyone's heavy attacks because of her healing feat.
4) The faction war is rigged, I'm not sure how this had anything to do with the heavy/gb issue but somehow it does.
5) Knight Tier 4 feats are OP thus affecting heavies and GB's obviously, no need to explain how being so obvious.

Titanodragon
01-29-2018, 06:10 PM
It's so annoying to get guard broken out of a heavy. The stupid things is there are classes that you can't even do it too, kinda unfair if you ask me

UbiInsulin
01-29-2018, 07:58 PM
While GB on Heavy Startup has always been a thing, lately it seems like you can get GBed out of almost anything. It feels really weird and inconsistent.

I'd like to hear from the devs, whether or not this is a bug, and if they're aware of it.

I'll be following up on this. Thanks everyone for raising the issue.

T1brys
01-30-2018, 02:40 AM
It's probably intentional, just wait for the rework and it will hopefully not be fixed