PDA

View Full Version : Weak Feats Rebalancing

Kryltic
01-29-2018, 02:54 AM
So, with all the upcoming tweaks and rebalancing of characters I thought I'd mention the feats. Now I wont claim to know all the bad ones but these are from the characters I play and why I think they are bad. Some of these are an issue for multiple characters and should receive the same love Smoke Bombs did.

Speed Revive... If normal reviving has the health people get back up with reduced and the feat allows them to get up with full health then it will be okay as is.

Iron Lungs... I will not stop complaining about this until you do something with it. Its THE worst feat in the game. Change it to a stamina pool increase or decrease exhaustion recovery time. That way its different to the stamina recovery or cost reduction feats.

Long Bow... It needs speeding up, its too slow compared to its counterparts like the Javelin etc

Staggering Blow... Make it at least stun people when they block the heavy. I've stopped bothering with this completely.

Arrow Strike... This just needs to go. It's pointless and not fixable without making a huge change. Not unless you make it a long rectangular area of damage purely to kill soliders.

mrmistark
01-29-2018, 03:53 AM
Have to agree here. It was the whole reason why we got gear reworks at season 2: options were so cut and dry what you should choose.

The trash feats just make it that much easier to chose the close to OP feats. I honestly would like to see a middle ground. No instant kill feats huge super damaging AOE or super deadly combinations such as fear itself with bleed (which is stronger than pre-nerf revenge) ect.

Tone these feats down a bit and bring the others up or just outright replace them.

Tyrjo
01-29-2018, 12:08 PM
I think some of the strong feats needs toning down actually. Sometimes a feat is so powerful it can outright kill a player. That's wrong imo, feats should be a nudge in your favor, not completely remove the combat aspect. Yes, I'm talking about Catapult, Nail trap, Sharpen Blade, Spear storm etc.

Kryltic
01-29-2018, 12:14 PM
I think some of the strong feats needs toning down actually. Sometimes a feat is so powerful it can outright kill a player. That's wrong imo, feats should be a nudge in your favor, not completely remove the combat aspect. Yes, I'm talking about Catapult, Nail trap, Sharpen Blade, Spear storm etc.

Im actually okay with these feats for the most part. I feel 4th level feats should be really impactful. Sharpen Blade needs a slight tone down and the rest just need a damage reduction based on how far from the centre of the effect you are. Been on the outer rim of a catapult and still dying is annoying as hell.

UbiInsulin
01-29-2018, 08:07 PM
Im actually okay with these feats for the most part. I feel 4th level feats should be really impactful. Sharpen Blade needs a slight tone down and the rest just need a damage reduction based on how far from the centre of the effect you are. Been on the outer rim of a catapult and still dying is annoying as hell.

I'll let the team know your take on the Feats that don't seem to have a place right now, Kryltic. Thanks for suggesting these tweaks!

PecarCZ
01-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Knight catapult need nerf and aramusha Rocksteady need nerf its most op feast in game

Kryltic
01-29-2018, 09:43 PM
Knight catapult need nerf and aramusha Rocksteady need nerf its most op feast in game

I'll let the team know your take on the Feats that don't seem to have a place right now, Kryltic. Thanks for suggesting these tweaks!

I didn't actually think anyone would take my suggestions seriously! Please let me know if you guys actually plan to change any of the feats suggested!! I just feel they should all be something to consider rather than outright ignored. (A shout out on Warriors Den would be pretty cool)

PecarCZ, Rock Steady is fine as it is for a feat. The Shugoki doesn't need one of his best feats ruined because you dont like it on another character.

PecarCZ
01-29-2018, 09:52 PM
lol Rock steady is fine??????? its complet broken feat its need cd 5-10s . Rock steady on aramusha means he cannot be punished by parry/gb throw/revenge so spammer is complet immune to punish.

Kryltic
01-29-2018, 09:56 PM
So you feel that the Shugoki should also be punished because you don't like this feat on the Aramusha?

He can be punished and ruined but you have to change your style. It's annoying as hell to fight a Aramusha with Rock Steady but it doesn't break him.

mrmistark
01-30-2018, 01:54 AM
So you feel that the Shugoki should also be punished because you don't like this feat on the Aramusha?

He can be punished and ruined but you have to change your style. It's annoying as hell to fight a Aramusha with Rock Steady but it doesn't break him.

Agreed on this one. Itís not OP, everyone just doesnít think to play differently. A GB still gives a heavy, a parry still drains stamina and stops his combo. For what his kit offers: an incredibly predictable chain and a horriblly situational defense mechanism with horrible recovery, itís not much to ask compared to the viable variety of almost everyone elseís kitminus the lowest tiers. Itís not hard, just donít be greedy every time you fight him trying to get your max punish off of wall splat and OOS throw and youíll be fine. Itís not game breaking like being able to kill 4 enemy with AOE.

RLTygurr
01-30-2018, 02:29 AM

Honestly I 100% disagree with this point.

Rock steady is ridiculously strong, especially for a TIER 2 FEAT. It basically prevents most of your punish against either Shugoki or Aramusha on a heavy parry (depending on what character you're playing). Against Shugoki, I normally am able to parry, gb, and throw against a wall or throw him down if his stamina is low to deal damage. With Rock Steady (which is extremely easy to get quickly because tier 2 feats) I can no longer do EITHER of these things, making my only option to bait parries and attempt a gb for the MAGICAL payoff of a single light (I play Highlander).

It's frustrating that you can't wallsplat someone just because they have Rock Steady, and I think that's what needs to be taken away. Keep it with no cooldown, keep the no falling to the ground, but just let wallsplats happen despite Rock Steady. I'll be happy that I don't have to turtle against someone because of a feat.

Arekonator
01-30-2018, 02:57 AM
I am honestly bit conflicted on rock steady.
I dont feel it should protect from falling down from oos parries/throws, wall staggers, and special sources of knockdown like cent punch, long arm or valk charge/sweep all simultaneously. Its bit too much.
I would personally get rid of the last part and remove imunity from revenge/stamina independent knockdowns. Imagine how stupid it is that you land a long arm, flip him and he bounces back like he is made of rubber, faster than you can even recover from that move.

Kryltic
01-30-2018, 10:11 AM
You kind of just proved my point about not wanting to play differently vs a Rock Steady hero. You don't like that you cant wall splat every hero? Tough luck, why should you be able to? As I said you need to learn to play differently vs players using the feat.

Yes its a strong feat but its not so powerful it needs changing. And you can still knock these heroes over with some other availabilities from other characters.

Arekonator
01-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Surely that must be it, only reason someone complains about something is only because they cant beat it and refuse to learn, right? I cannot posibly fathom other reasons why someone would complain about anything.
I just genuinely think it protects against bit too many thing at once with no limitation, especially for tier 2 feat.

Kryltic
02-01-2018, 12:12 AM
Does anyone else have any feedback on poor/weak feats? Please can people not respond with feats they just don't like/think are too good.

Warbyte-
02-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Currently playing Nobushi and regarding the tier 2 feat ''arrow strike'',i just relentlessly try to figure out the optimum way to use the feat and still havent figured it out.The only way to get a guaranteed hit with arrow stike is when the enemy is on the ground.Still no point on using it as you can do a heavy and get the same damage if not more.İts seems like a ''try your luck'' kinda feat.Anyone has any tips on how to use it????