PDA

View Full Version : Misinformation on Dedicated Servers Release date

ChampionRuby50g
01-28-2018, 11:02 AM
I was browsing the internet and came across this article.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/01/for-honor-finally-gets-dedicated-servers-in-next-update/

It is from January 27th 9:00am AU time, and explicitly states that in For Honors next update we will receive dedicated servers. The next update will be the Official Season 5 update, but to my knowledge the servers where never said to be releasing with Season 5, but sometime during Season 5.

This is the first paragraph from that article:

For Honor's fifth "season" will arrive on February 15, Ubisoft said yesterday. The update rebalances some classes, overhauls others, and most importantly implements the game's new dedicated servers for what Ubisoft says will be more stable online play.

This is a quote from UbiInsulin, 6 days ago.

“Thanks for sharing your concerns, MrGrippz. We've confirmed dedicated servers are coming during Season 5 on the Warrior's Den.”

The quote says “dedicated servers are coming during Season 5...” not “coming with Season 5”. There’s the difference to me, and makes it seem confusing to players who aren’t tapped into offical sources such as the Den or these forums.

So either, there has been a leak that we are unaware of and hopefully we are getting dedicated servers on the 1 year anniversary of For Honor as a surprise to all of us, but I don’t believe that this is the case. UbiInsulin and other mods have stated that we are getting the servers DURING Season 5, not on the release of Season 5. My fear is that many gamers will see this article from Kotaku and assume we will have dedicated servers upon Feb 15th, and then will be extremely disappointed when they actually aren’t here. And a lot of that anger will be vented unfairly to Ubisoft. So if this is the case, misinformation is been spread by a media company and it’s going to dissapoint people. I believe Ubisoft should be notified of this, and steps be taken to correct the article, or if I’m wrong and we are getting servers on Feb 15th, just write this thread off as the ramblings of a mad Aussie.

Halvtand
01-28-2018, 02:24 PM
As far as I know the devs were very clear about servers launching DURING S5 and not WITH it. I'm pretty certain this was said during a Warrior's Den or something.
I also believe that you are right, and some players might believe that the servers were actually promised at launch. We see this here on the forum about the most trivial things. Example: Conq's "nerf" (superior block against heavy attacks accidentally removed as part of rework). Even though this has been explained in a WD, and several times on the forum, threads still pop up about it.
It is a very good thing that you've spotted this, now we can be prepared :)

Knight_Raime
01-28-2018, 03:12 PM
Considering it's Kotaku I wouldn't read into it. They misstype things all the time.
Devs said during season 5. only thing that im aware of that's been officially stated launching with season 5 is the reworks and the new content.
Not sure when we get the parry changes or if it's even been confirmed when. Just know it's supposed to happen in season 5.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-28-2018, 09:14 PM
It's Kotaku, dude. They're not journalists, they're just parasites on the industry.

UbiInsulin
01-28-2018, 09:48 PM
We have not announced a specific date for the change to dedicated servers yet. Eric alluded to the date still being up in the air (but soon) on the last Warrior's Den. Obviously we'll provide that info as soon as we possibly can.

Appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention!