PDA

View Full Version : I don't get these honorable players

DoodTheMan
01-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Everyone was ganking everyone, total chaos cats and dogs living together, and then 2-2 we're up 3 to 1, and the only teammate who's at full health suddenly decides to be "honorable" and waits for us two 1hp teammates to die before engaging the enemy. And after all the saluting and "good fight"-ing, he proceeds to get knocked slap-dab graveyard out, 100 to 0, in about 2 seconds and we lose the whole game. Like, save that ish for Duel and cover me while I run for the health buff you turd! What's with these guys?

Eyyupyeser95
01-28-2018, 12:43 PM
I agree leave it in duel and maybe brawl but it has no place in dominion/tribute

The_B0G_
01-28-2018, 01:59 PM
Its very frustrating when this happens, I usually report them for griefing.

Ulrichvonbek111
01-29-2018, 03:48 AM
Its very frustrating when this happens, I usually report them for griefing.

Beware my friend you could get someone barred for the most basic of errors,,apart from that respect for staying true to your faction.

The_B0G_
01-29-2018, 04:27 AM
Beware my friend you could get someone barred for the most basic of errors,,apart from that respect for staying true to your faction.

If it's a 4v4 mode, sitting back and watching teammates die and not participating in the match is indeed griefing, if they get reported enough times to warrant a ban it's not my fault. If a player wants to roleplay honor, they can do it in duel and brawl where most people play that way.

I always remember this one time in particular, elimination, the last round and it was 3v1 for our team, only me and one other player on my team attacked while the other one stood back.
It was vs a Centurion and he got revenge almost immediately, he knocked my teammate to the ground and finished him off, then attacked me and hammered out attacks until I slipped up and he knocked me down and killed me too, all the while the other teammate watched, saluted, and was dead less than 10 seconds into his fight with the Cent, losing the entire match for his team because of his "honor". I was very annoyed to say the least.

NHLGoldenKnight
01-29-2018, 04:44 AM
You guys are completely wrong. And for two reasons:

1. You don't tell me how to play. If i want to show honor and respect to my opponents, I will. You can report yes, but I can report ypu as well for ganking. So what now?
2. It is not very smart to gang up on last guy for one simple reason. He can get revenge easily and possibly kill all 3 of you anyway. It is much better to fight him 1v1 and give the guy some chance. If he can kill 3 or even 4 players, well , then he deserves to win.

I have had enough of cowardly packs of unskilled players getting cheap kills.

rastassin
01-29-2018, 07:30 AM
yeah those guys are idiots.
Duel, Brawl: For Honor
Dominion, Tribute: F*ck Honor :D

Jazz117Volkov
01-29-2018, 10:16 AM
Dog piling is a great way to give the enemy revenge. Depending on the build/player, revenge might give them an easy win. PK with revenge and sharpened blades can take a team apart with zone spam, no problem.

It's not always "honor" that keeps someone out of a fight.

Armosias
01-29-2018, 01:09 PM
If Ubi ever starts considering honorable behavior as griefing I will surely report any teammate who disturbs me while I'm fighting, since it helps the opponent stacking revenge and gaining renown. Guess KS and minion stealing will be a thing too then...
Meanwhile if you ever break the balance of a fight I'm in, I'll instantly stop the fight and become passive. Then don't cry if you can't 1v1 the injured warrior you're trying to gank.

ChampionRuby50g
01-29-2018, 01:16 PM
The day someone gets mad at me for stealing minion kills... I look forward to seeing those hate messages ahaha

Devils-_-legacy
01-29-2018, 02:43 PM
That's not classed as greifing the devs said ages ago the "honorable" side of the game is as good as the "dishonourable" side

UbiInsulin
01-29-2018, 08:30 PM
That's not classed as greifing the devs said ages ago the "honorable" side of the game is as good as the "dishonourable" side

We just don't want to force people to play a way they don't want to. It's a real thing that exists in the game and appeals to a solid chunk of the player base. It's all in good fun.