PDA

View Full Version : New Achievements/Trophies

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 11:44 PM
Something that's been on my mind since Season 3, when just moments after the patch finished downloading, I hopped on Sentinel and landed a sweet, sweet headshot with the ballista in my first round, is how come each new season doesn't bring new achievements? The ballistas and the rolling spike thing on Viking Village felt like obvious cheesy achievement opportunities.

Doesn't have to be huge achievements, but something like getting 1 kill with the new environment hazards (ballista, the hammers on Forge for example) or reaching Rep 1 with a DLC hero.
Perhaps with Season 5 there could be achievements for completing the new narrative driven training modes.

Are there any plans to include new achievements in the future?

ChampionRuby50g
01-28-2018, 01:58 AM
Honestly, I couldnít see new achievements been added. In recent memory, I canít really think of any game with DLCs come with new achievements in them, and if it has happened itís been rare or on games I havenít played. It doesnít sound like a lot of work to add these on, but I imagine that it would be another process with Microsoft and Sony to get them approved as it goes into our gamer score and effects that. I remember early on in FH life, PC got updates 2, sometimes 3 weeks before us console players got it because the certification process with Microsoft was taking ages. That appears to have been rectified now, so who knows? I could be completely wrong. Not gonna deny it would be nice to earn some new achievements.

Tundra 793
01-28-2018, 04:40 AM
Truth be told, I can only name a handful of games that added new achievements to their, all paid though, DLC. Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption and Battlefields 3 through 1. Though I'm sure there's more.
I've no idea how common a practice it is in the industry to add more, but I'd like to see some added nonetheless. It gives people like Hormly more to do than wait for the Rep cap to increase.

Not sure how involved Microsoft or Sony would be in the process though.

ChampionRuby50g
01-28-2018, 04:49 AM
Itís certainly something that could be done with a small team that wonít take much away from the development of the game. Hell, the community could be a major part of it. Youíve already suggested a few that could work, especially the narrative. Complete all narrative objectives within a certain mission. It would be as simple as making a thread on here and reddit, taking the most upvoted/popular ideas an then getting a Ubisoft official to select some from there then it should be a relatively simple process to get them certified and added in.

Tyrjo
01-28-2018, 08:47 AM
It's not that uncommon to add new achievements. Horizon Zero Dawn did it with the expansion too.

UbiInsulin
01-28-2018, 10:28 PM
Something that's been on my mind since Season 3, when just moments after the patch finished downloading, I hopped on Sentinel and landed a sweet, sweet headshot with the ballista in my first round, is how come each new season doesn't bring new achievements? The ballistas and the rolling spike thing on Viking Village felt like obvious cheesy achievement opportunities.

Doesn't have to be huge achievements, but something like getting 1 kill with the new environment hazards (ballista, the hammers on Forge for example) or reaching Rep 1 with a DLC hero.
Perhaps with Season 5 there could be achievements for completing the new narrative driven training modes.

Are there any plans to include new achievements in the future?

I'm not sure, but I'll ask and let the team know that there's an interest. It would be a fun thing to tie to all the various environmental kills you mentioned.