PDA

View Full Version : Please ubi I hope you did good job with the highlander

I_loveMemes
01-27-2018, 11:07 PM
Highlander since he came out was the"weakest" character in the game he's very slow he's stamina regen is also slow and he loses his stamina really fast so since is a character i really love and i want to lvl up and i don't think it's only me I believe you took good care of him because he needs it #HighlandersLifeMatters

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Highlander is one of the heroes with confirmed buffs coming at the launch of Season 5, so there's hope ahead for Highlander fans.

I_loveMemes
01-27-2018, 11:18 PM
I know he's getting buffs alongside zerker nobushi conq and kensei I just hope that they are good and that he will no longer be the"weak"

PecarCZ
01-27-2018, 11:27 PM
He need big buff because he is Heavy but have slowest attack speed/lowest dmg/low health and terrible stamina managment (2 attack will condume almost all stamina).His heavy is big joke vs all other heroes(attack speed-dmg).I give for honor last chance and if i dont see any good buff to underpowered heroes and nerfs to stupid op (shaman-aramusha-gladiator) iwill leave game and never play it again.

Hormly
01-28-2018, 02:20 AM
Nerf his thighs

ChampionRuby50g
01-28-2018, 02:27 AM
Fill his glass up

UbiInsulin
01-28-2018, 02:47 AM
Nerf his thighs

Never.

Fill his glass up

Always.

Tyrjo
01-28-2018, 08:48 AM
I'm also very hyped about the changes to him. My Highlander is rep 15 and it has sometimes been a very painful trip.

The_B0G_
01-28-2018, 02:15 PM
I'm also very hyped about the changes to him. My Highlander is rep 15 and it has sometimes been a very painful trip.

Rep 11 here, very painful indeed, it feels like you have to do twice as good as your opponent to win especially with people who have good defense, I get lights parried all the time. Hopefully they buff his attack speeds.

Cyricke
01-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Highlander receives balancing attention before the worst hero in the game, Orochi? Highlander was released as DLC while orochi has been sidelined seemingly forever.

I'm curious how the devs decide the pecking order.

Halvtand
01-28-2018, 02:41 PM
He need big buff because he is Heavy but have slowest attack speed/lowest dmg/low health and terrible stamina managment (2 attack will condume almost all stamina).His heavy is big joke vs all other heroes(attack speed-dmg).

/laughs in Conqeror.

Jokes aside, yes Highlander really needs some love. Personally I also feels that he needs to get rid of his unblockable kick - unblockable grab combo as it is incredibly cheap to be able to string an attack that must be dodged into an attack that cannot be dodged. I'm not really giving HL any hate for it though since he has such a limited kit, but it's the principle of the thing.

Knight_Raime
01-28-2018, 02:59 PM
Can someone please explain to me why Highlander receives balancing attention before the worst hero in the game, Orochi? Highlander was released as DLC while orochi has been sidelined seemingly forever.

I'm guessing it's based on community feedback. No one really complains about orochi.
Highlander, kensei, and conq have all been the butt end of a joke whenever matchups or balance is talked about. Zerker was also in that boat but she's strangely respected in some ways now adays.

Orochi is by far not the worst hero though. Most of his kit is actually viable. He's just boring to play because he revolves around counter attacking. Not to say that he can't or shouldn't receive some changes at some point. Just that there are other heros that struggle a lot more than orochi does. They did state in the trailer that more major balance updates/reworks are possible in the future. But this season was to focus bringing up the under dogs. Of which orochi is not. Though I will say i'm surprised bushi was up there. I would expect valk up there more than her. easily.

The_B0G_
01-28-2018, 03:29 PM

The Orochi is fast, has very good whiff punishes, if you aren't careful you can be taken down very fast by an Orochi. I think if you have fast attacks you're probably going to be on the second round of rebalances.

Against some people Kensei, Conq and HL have their lights parried quite often, I'm thinking thats why they are first.

Cyricke
01-28-2018, 04:05 PM
The Orochi is fast, has very good whiff punishes, if you aren't careful you can be taken down very fast by an Orochi. I think if you have fast attacks you're probably going to be on the second round of rebalances.

Against some people Kensei, Conq and HL have their lights parried quite often, I'm thinking thats why they are first.

I completely disagree. Orochi side lights are basically unusable as they get parried by everyone.

Orochi then is left to use his top light attack advantages, however since defenders can parry anything coming to their side such as slow light side attacks, zephyr strikes which is when orochi dodges into a light attack, even the zone attack, they're able to leave their guard defaulted to guard the top light, orochis only advantage, while parrying all the telegraphed slow side attacks I just described.

This easy to identify way of taking advantage of Orochis in duels is why you will very commonly hear the Orochi is the easiest opponent for them.

Orochi punishes whiff's just like anyone else does. Excuse me? If you whiff and don't get punished by the guy in front of you, he was out of range or stamina or just missed free damage. Punishing whiff's is not something any one class excels at, it's a basic fundamental all heroes take advantage of.

Riptide strike must be baited, it isn't taking advantage of a whiff. If I use riptide strike and the enemy is aware, it's practically easiest parry to achieve since I can't feint it. Meanwhile other heroes can feint their attacks at the very last second before impact. That's not fair to the Orochi who fully commits to all of his abilities without the ability to feint. Storm rush is suspect to the same issue here, the feint exists for storm rush but it's so minimal because it must be feinted immediately which diminishes any effectiveness feinting would cause. Storm rush, like riptide strike is very telegraphed and feinting isn't an option leading both to being parried often and with ease.

Parrying is more effective than utilizing the Orochis deflect feature, I love deflect but it isn't up to par.

The Orochi is described as being agile, however there's many assassins who uses quicker light attacks, with unlockables, with bleeds. He has no advantage whatsoever that's worth noting in regards to his peers in the assassin sub class. Everyone else has his tools but much more.

Orochi is by far the most underpowered hero in this game.

PecarCZ
01-28-2018, 04:12 PM
LoL he needs to get rid of his unblockable kick - unblockable grab combo??? have you try vs exp player???? vs exp player its useless move what give you big punish and can you say me how can get hit after dodge his unblockable moves because after this moves his another attack is easy block or parry and after you dodge kick or grap you got free gb so why do double dodge?

The_B0G_
01-28-2018, 04:24 PM
I completely disagree. Orochi side lights are basically unusable as they get parried by everyone.

Orochi then is left to use his top light attack advantages, however since defenders can parry anything coming to their side such as slow light side attacks, zephyr strikes which is when orochi dodges into a light attack, even the zone attack, they're able to leave their guard defaulted to guard the top light, orochis only advantage, while parrying all the telegraphed slow side attacks I just described.

This easy to identify way of taking advantage of Orochis in duels is why you will very commonly hear the Orochi is the easiest opponent for them.

Orochi punishes whiff's just like anyone else does. Excuse me? If you whiff and don't get punished by the guy in front of you, he was out of range or stamina or just missed free damage. Punishing whiff's is not something any one class excels at, it's a basic fundamental all heroes take advantage of.

Riptide strike must be baited, it isn't taking advantage of a whiff. If I use riptide strike and the enemy is aware, it's practically easiest parry to achieve since I can't feint it. Meanwhile other heroes can feint their attacks at the very last second before impact. That's not fair to the Orochi who fully commits to all of his abilities without the ability to feint. Storm rush is suspect to the same issue here, the feint exists for storm rush but it's so minimal because it must be feinted immediately which diminishes any effectiveness feinting would cause. Storm rush, like riptide strike is very telegraphed and feinting isn't an option leading both to being parried often and with ease.

Parrying is more effective than utilizing the Orochis deflect feature, I love deflect but it isn't up to par.

The Orochi is described as being agile, however there's many assassins who uses quicker light attacks, with unlockables, with bleeds. He has no advantage whatsoever that's worth noting in regards to his peers in the assassin sub class. Everyone else has his tools but much more.

Orochi is by far the most underpowered hero in this game.

Like others have said Orochi is a counter attacker, any missed attack can be punished with a double top light, his zone is extremely fast as well, if his storm rush lands you get a free double top light and can either try for a zone or a gb or another top light which can be hard to read as they are all very fast.

I'm not saying he couldn't use a buff or rework, but he definitely is not the worst.

Kahuf1
01-28-2018, 04:36 PM
Hi there, Rep 10 HL here, his kick feint to grab is pretty useless now. Every assasin have side dash attack and HL cant use that. Every little bit experianced enemy can do 1 dodge to dodge that combo and after that dodge, enemy can sit down, get some coffee, smoke shisha or something the same timetaking think. And after that rest, he can even punish HL.

HL is one of the weakest heroes in game, (almoust) everyone have to agree... BUT I RLY LOVE HIS PLAYSTYLE AND BRUTALITY. So pls UBI, keep that spirit of HL, keep him brutal, smashing beast with lack of defence, but give him more in ofence (i dont mean stances, just ofence and defence).

Pray for his glass.

High-Horse
01-28-2018, 09:10 PM
Hi there, Rep 10 HL here, his kick feint to grab is pretty useless now. Every assasin have side dash attack and HL cant use that. Every little bit experianced enemy can do 1 dodge to dodge that combo and after that dodge, enemy can sit down, get some coffee, smoke shisha or something the same timetaking think. And after that rest, he can even punish HL.

HL is one of the weakest heroes in game, (almoust) everyone have to agree... BUT I RLY LOVE HIS PLAYSTYLE AND BRUTALITY. So pls UBI, keep that spirit of HL, keep him brutal, smashing beast with lack of defence, but give him more in ofence (i dont mean stances, just ofence and defence).

Pray for his glass.

While I totally agree, I have to say something strange happened while fighting a HL as a Berserker. I dodged his Kick, his Kick was cancelled into a Caber Toss, I started to spin for a Spin Chop and he grabbed me midspin. It happened twice in a row, and I thought a dash attack would be too fast for the toss to connect, if not just pushing it off like failed GB. What gives there?

Kahuf1
01-28-2018, 09:30 PM
At first i have to say i dont fight as Berserker, so i have only "fight against him" infos... but if im correct, zerk can start spin at start of dodge and late dodge right? Lot of times happend to me I fights against zerks, a lot of theirs spins hit me (maybe "fastspin"). If u want, we can try sometimes ingame :D But nowdays we w8 for reworks so...

The same I can with HL feint my dashworward heavy to spin at start (it have benefit earlier superarmour) or can start spin lately (benefit is more mindgame).

Mtcmnkk
01-28-2018, 10:46 PM

Far from the worst in the game

High-Horse
01-29-2018, 12:07 AM
At first i have to say i dont fight as Berserker, so i have only "fight against him" infos... but if im correct, zerk can start spin at start of dodge and late dodge right? Lot of times happend to me I fights against zerks, a lot of theirs spins hit me (maybe "fastspin"). If u want, we can try sometimes ingame :D But nowdays we w8 for reworks so...

The same I can with HL feint my dashworward heavy to spin at start (it have benefit earlier superarmour) or can start spin lately (benefit is more mindgame).

Ah, that makes sense. Gotta try that later