PDA

View Full Version : Citizen customization and the quest system

Swimming-Paul
01-27-2018, 01:20 PM
Hello everyone!

Sometimes I imagine it would be great if the new Anno would allow us to customize some random citizens, in the place where they work or the house where they live.
Last week it was Simcity 4´s 15th anniversay, one of the best city builders in history, which introduced this system very sucessfully, providing a more inmersive experience for players.

It would be just great if we would randomly have the option to name one of our citizens, and complete a quest or mission related to them. I think it would match very well with Anno´s traditional mission system, rewarding us with a special object, or an improvement for a production building, or even a new blueprint for an ornamental building! At the same time it would make the experience more personal, it could expand the narrative options, and it would feel like a new dimension to the aquarium mode, that lovely hypnotism which is a classic trademark of all Anno games.

What do you guys think?

stylisticsagi
01-27-2018, 03:11 PM
I think their was already a very mixed discution on wether we should transport workers between our main island(s) and our production islands.
This goes even much further then that so i guess it will be to much for anno at the time.

personally i'd love to have some ways of having to get your workers to their workplaces but bringing it as detailed as you discribe (i also played simcity4) will be alot of work for the dev's and generally i don't think it would really add something to the game. arranging transport between the island or for being easy create small new settlements would be the line for me as well managing that on island based as well would be to much for anno. You have to consider to that if you would do this you suddenly also should have to worry about traffic and such...

AgmasGold
01-27-2018, 03:22 PM
Anno has never really had that level of granularity and detail (down to a citizen level). Its always been more about the wider picture and groups of people, not the individual. I really don't think Anno needs it at all, and I think it would turn into a completely different game and not really feel like Anno if you had that individual level of detail.

ruuti0
01-27-2018, 05:44 PM
I agree with stylisticsagi and AgmasGold here and what arguments they said!

I don't think it would be good for gameplay to have to control that many small details, it would turn Anno to very different game.

Anno is always been about bigger picture and thats what I liked.

iruet
01-27-2018, 09:20 PM
Anno is more for the bigger picture if you ask me, although some of these options would be nice :)