PDA

View Full Version : Refinement is really only for the * pieces?

HazelrahFirefly
01-27-2018, 03:15 AM
Is this true, or did they skip something? That would mean very few pieces are going to be refinable ans could lead to a lot of heroes being outfitted the same.

Except... I'm somewhat hopeful that the * will start having a chance to appear on all pieces. I'll love the grind of trying to get all * pieces for my mains (not sarcastic).

How so I summon an Ubi-mate? I'm seriously concerned that only PK pieces I dislike will be the best.

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 03:21 AM
How so I summon an Ubi-mate? I'm seriously concerned that only PK pieces I dislike will be the best.

Go stand in front of a mirror and say "Candyman" three ti- no wait, my bad that's for something else.

I'm just rewatching the Den to make sure I get it right.

At Rep 9 and up, there's a small chance for Legendary Gear drops to be Refineable, I don't believe It's limited to the Star (*) weapons, but can apply to all potential drops. But Refineable gear is marked by a small Diamond mark on each individual gear's level display.

A Legendary gear drop in your inventory needs to be fully upgraded before you'll be able to refine it.

HazelrahFirefly
01-27-2018, 01:23 PM
I dont know man. Bio pretty clearly says that its the pieces with the *, and we all know those are only a few per hero as of right now.

Uuuuuuubi-employee, where are you? (Thats sounds like lassie in my head btw)

SenBotsu893
01-27-2018, 02:11 PM
im pretty sure you can refine the * equipment and then just simply change its appearance. i doubt this will be an issue

HazelrahFirefly
01-27-2018, 02:55 PM
im pretty sure you can refine the * equipment and then just simply change its appearance. i doubt this will be an issue

Except that's even further tedium and steel spent.

bmason1000
01-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Except that's even further tedium and steel spent. Shucks, i guess? You're giving yourself a competitive edge over other players, tedium and steel feels all right to me. Not everything should be easy free. Earn that refinement.

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Bio pretty clearly says that its the pieces with the *, and we all know those are only a few per hero as of right now.

I just re-watched the Den again, and she says nothing of the sort. Bio refers to the small diamond symbol on Refinable gear as being the marker for which gear can be refined.

You can see the diamond mark here; https://youtu.be/KWQxXNg5EnI?t=45m5s
It's the small grey box at the very top of that particular gear's level indicator. Once you refine the gear, the diamond becomes golden, and once you've refined every piece of your equipped gear, the gold diamond will show up for other players to see as well.

Later on during the demonstration you can see the Guard of the sword Bio refines is also a Star weapon, yet it cannot be refined.