PDA

View Full Version : Everything gleamed from the season 5 trailer

Knight_Raime
01-26-2018, 09:07 PM
First off I am NOT taking credit for finding everything this thread is a compilation of things i've read, things i've watched, and things I personally noticed. Purpose of this thread is to give all the info possible in one neat little thread. Second the information we got on reworks came from teasers. So do not assume that these are the only changes the heros are getting. We are going to see much more info about said reworks Feburary 8th. Anyway onto the information! Launch of season 5 is confirmed to be Feburary 15th.

Kensei:
~Kensei's new combo is side unblockable after 2 hits soft feinted into top heavy. This is a reverse of his current combo of top unblockable soft feinted into side heavy. Wether or not that original combo still exists is unknown.
~Kensei appears to have a new running attack which uses his old top unblockable animation. But it's not unblockable as the raider blocks it.
~the new soft feint portion of that new combo looks to be maybe 300ms. But the overall animation time only looks to be some what faster than the current combo.

Conq:
~Hard to tell. But either conq gets a block light similar to how he can block into heavy if met the opponents attack with his own at the right time. OR it was a fast full block use into a light. Also guaranteed.
~Full block itself seems to be faster and due to the showcase itself i'm under the assumption that the new conq will be based around it and full block feinting. This would probably translate to easier use of doing said feint with smoother animations and potentially new options/numbers.
~Not specifically in the teaser but thought I should mention that superior block isn't totally gone. It's still there if you full block or dash into an attack. And maybe another instance. But it's not always there and from neutral anymore. This isn't a bug as confirmed by pope. And we've already had video proof backing up the instances it still exists in from the community over at reddit.

Berzerker:
~Those feints are still hard feints. When slowed down you can see the ghost of the feint. If it was a soft feint those wouldn't be there. But the feints appear to be a good bit faster. It's unknown if you only get those fast feints when feinting a heavy and lighting that same side or if you can have that speed with any feint direction.
~Berzerker is getting a confirmed unblockable heavy from the end of a chain combo of 3 side attacks. Wether it's just for this combo or if it's for any chain ender is currently unknown.

Everything else:
~will now be able to equip multiple different effects for executions and emotes.
~No ONI armor confirmed in a tweet.
~New practice area/potential mode called "Arena." Where you can set up specific conditions to practice against specific things. it also has numbers next to it for the ultimate information.
~Dedi servers are confirmed to happen in season 5. And as a reminder their lag comp system is coming packaged with it. But it will not be on when the servers drop so they can get all the numbers to make sure it's switched on for the right values.
~No mentions of parry changes specifically in the trailer. But they're still coming as far as we know. Probably will get more info on them either next week or the week after.
~the hero reworks and updates are coming with launch of season 5.
~Salvage can be expended to either edge out your current pieces of armor by a small amount or used as a single match exp boost.
~Ranked tribute will be replacing ranked dominion.
~warden has a new execution called "end them rightly"
~new content will be weapons/armor i'd assume a map or 2 and the usual like executions and effects/emotes.
~heros getting some form of changes with season 5 are kensei, conq, zerker, nobushi, and highlander.
~more heros can be reworked/touched up later (in other seasons more than likely) if these reworks go over well.
~New features on the war map. key areas held give benefits among other things mentioned that I can't remember.

I think that is everything. If I missed something apologies. But I wanted to end specifically with a note about the heros being reworked.
The heros were split into 2 groups. Conq and kensei were under the "rework" group and zerker, bushi, and highlander are under "major balance update." Before people get discouraged here is the difference.

Conq and kensei got new attack animations. Everyone else will not. This means everyone on this list is eligable for: new combos, number adjustments, and properties on attacks like uninteruptable or unblockable. So as a final reminder these were just teasers. Meant to give us a small taste of the work they've been doing for months. Kensei's teaser showed us a new combo. I take this to mean they further compounded on making him a feinting/mix up master. Conq's teaser showed us potentially a lot of use on the full block move. Meaning he's still got his identity as THE defensive guy. But now it's more interactive and smoother with ease of use. And zerker teaser showcased a lot of feinting and an unblockable. Doubling down on the mind games good zerkers are known for and potentially giving a mix up with an unblockable to force reactions which is something people have been asking for for quite some time.

Hopefully this was informative to someone.

Sauronbaine
01-26-2018, 10:03 PM
Im excited for this update. I play Kensei pretty much only now, and then I saw a Centurion with a new execution?! :D

Im happy for new executions... gonna actually buy a steel pack around the update.

Knight_Raime
01-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Im excited for this update. I play Kensei pretty much only now, and then I saw a Centurion with a new execution?! :D

Im happy for new executions... gonna actually buy a steel pack around the update.

If that kick was indeed a new execution and not just some fun trailer nonsense then yes i'm also excited for it.

Vakris_One
01-27-2018, 03:58 AM
I liked Kensei's top heavy jumping finisher so I'm not exactly thrilled they changed the animation to some kind of wonky looking belly dance to be honest.

That being said I can sort of see the logic behind the change. The current top heavy finisher is too slow in winding up to the actual hit and subsequently it makes the soft feints into side finishers very telegraphed. Plus the side finishers themselves are quite slow to boot. I'm a bit worried that they might have messed up the Kensei's personality now though having seen that very brief sneak peak.

I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic but I really hope they haven't screwed around with the Kensei's fundamental playstyle as that has been the thing that has kept me playing him all this time, i.e. his uniqueness. I really hope they haven't tried to make him into a copy of other characters.

Dane520123
01-27-2018, 07:07 AM

Where did u see new centurion execution?

Knight_Raime
01-27-2018, 09:38 AM
I liked Kensei's top heavy jumping finisher so I'm not exactly thrilled they changed the animation to some kind of wonky looking belly dance to be honest.

That being said I can sort of see the logic behind the change. The current top heavy finisher is too slow in winding up to the actual hit and subsequently it makes the soft feints into side finishers very telegraphed. Plus the side finishers themselves are quite slow to boot. I'm a bit worried that they might have messed up the Kensei's personality now though having seen that very brief sneak peak.

I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic but I really hope they haven't screwed around with the Kensei's fundamental playstyle as that has been the thing that has kept me playing him all this time, i.e. his uniqueness. I really hope they haven't tried to make him into a copy of other characters.

Well as I said there is no way to know if the original combo still exists or not. We're just speculating it's removal since we see the same animation of the top unblockable later on but it wasn't unblockable. I'm curious on how you could think they ruined it.

Knight_Raime
01-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Where did u see new centurion execution?

The believed execution in the trailer is centurion literally kicking valk off of his blade.

bmason1000
01-27-2018, 10:14 AM
The clip showing zerks shiny new unblockable, here's what you don't see: Hyper armor.

This really, really concerns me. If they traded zerks HA for an unblockable finish to bear mauler, it will be a massive nerf.

Xil_h
01-27-2018, 10:59 AM
I picked up Nobushi and Kensei and now I am hyped for the changes. Can't wait to see what they did.
And as I am new to the game anyway I have no trouble to learn new combos. I am not really used to the current ones anyway :D

Tyrjo
01-27-2018, 12:59 PM
The clip showing zerks shiny new unblockable, here's what you don't see: Hyper armor.

This really, really concerns me. If they traded zerks HA for an unblockable finish to bear mauler, it will be a massive nerf.

Unblockable and hyper armor in the same move seem a bit over the top if you ask me.

Illyrian_King
01-27-2018, 03:01 PM
I like all these new things, but I like the dedicated servers most for another reason ... now the devs don't have any reason beside the costs not to bring out a Siege Mode or any other proper big *** Castle Stuff that lasts longer the 7mins :p

Network issues gone, new capacities, where's the big stuff?

Knight_Raime
01-27-2018, 03:25 PM

idk. I feel like as long as zerk can still get armor in the second attack of a string she'll be fine.

Vakris_One
01-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Well as I said there is no way to know if the original combo still exists or not. We're just speculating it's removal since we see the same animation of the top unblockable later on but it wasn't unblockable. I'm curious on how you could think they ruined it.
I don't think they ruined it, I can't say anything definitive until I've actually played the new Kensei myself. For all I know that was actually the new way Kensei will transition from side heavy into top finisher and the jump attack will remain for an all top heavy combo.

It's an aesthetics thing I guess. I'm still excited to see and play the new Kensei.

Knight_Raime
01-27-2018, 05:19 PM
I don't think they ruined it, I can't say anything definitive until I've actually played the new Kensei myself. For all I know that was actually the new way Kensei will transition from side heavy into top finisher and the jump attack will remain for an all top heavy combo.

It's an aesthetics thing I guess. I'm still excited to see and play the new Kensei.

ah gotcha.

bmason1000
01-27-2018, 05:58 PM
Unblockable and hyper armor in the same move seem a bit over the top if you ask me. there's no hyper armor shown in that combo at all, including the second attack. That combo is perfectly useless without it. Taking away the armor and giving it an unblockable finish instead is a bad tradeoff.

idk. I feel like as long as zerk can still get armor in the second attack of a string she'll be fine.
No armor on the second attack in that clip.

UbiJurassic
01-27-2018, 07:57 PM
Nice collection of tidbits from the Season 5 trailers, Knight_Raime! We definitely will be looking to expand upon certain things, like the reworks, in the coming streams and weeks. Season 5 is going to be really cool and we can't wait for players to get their hands on the full details so we can hear what everyone things. :)

bmason1000
01-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Nice collection of tidbits from the Season 5 trailers, Knight_Raime! We definitely will be looking to expand upon certain things, like the reworks, in the coming streams and weeks. Season 5 is going to be really cool and we can't wait for players to get their hands on the full details so we can hear what everyone things. :) Meeee too. I was wary and a touch nervous about zerks rework, now I'm downright concerned. Trying to stay hopeful, don't want to be some negative grouch about things I don't even know about yet, but I'm a touch worried. Hopeful, but worried.