PDA

View Full Version : Ubijurrasic! Where are youuuuuuu!?

Ianoneshot
01-26-2018, 02:27 PM
If I remembered correctly you said something like 'If you see oni armor in more recent trailers then we will talk :)'

WELL LOOK AT THIS:
https://i.imgur.com/pW8get0.jpg

Oni armor in the season 5 teaser trailer! Also since the devs said they would make REAL new armor. That makes it cool. Seeing you returned the ONI ARMOR!

So, where is UbiJurrasic?

UbiInsulin
01-26-2018, 04:37 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

UbiJurassic
01-26-2018, 07:13 PM
As much as I hate being the bearer of bad news, it doesn't seem that the Oni armor will be making its live debut in Season 5. Our Game Director, Damien, confirmed as much on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ReReminiscence/status/956589281388228608) after being asked about it. I'd still remain hopeful for its inclusion in the future though! We're well aware that players love the armor of the Oni and would like to see it added onto the Orochi, so we may look to do so in the future. :)

Ianoneshot
01-26-2018, 10:45 PM
As much as I hate being the bearer of bad news, it doesn't seem that the Oni armor will be making its live debut in Season 5. Our Game Director, Damien, confirmed as much on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ReReminiscence/status/956589281388228608) after being asked about it. I'd still remain hopeful for its inclusion in the future though! We're well aware that players love the armor of the Oni and would like to see it added onto the Orochi, so we may look to do so in the future. :)

then WHY put it on the teaser trailer for season 5? It makes no sense!

Tundra 793
01-26-2018, 10:50 PM

It makes perfect sense.

The character models used in trailers, and artwork aren't necessarily the same models used in game. Parts of the Oni armor probably exist on some, older Orochi models which can still be used for promotional stuff.

UbiJurassic
01-26-2018, 11:08 PM

It's possible it was an inclusion that was wasn't meant to be read too deeply into when the trailer was created. We definitely didn't mean to disappoint those that were looking to see the armor implemented in the future.

Ianoneshot
01-27-2018, 12:27 AM
It's possible it was an inclusion that was wasn't meant to be read too deeply into when the trailer was created. We definitely didn't mean to disappoint those that were looking to see the armor implemented in the future.

well, that sucks because by looking at the communities it appears that everybody kinda... overlooked it too. (mainly Amino)

So... at least the new armor types arn't spikes and actual new armor pieces so you can cool the boiling irritation in people wanting this armor set....... OR you may be tricking me! Because you don't want me to know in case I tell everybody! THAT also makes sense.

Ianoneshot
01-27-2018, 07:14 PM
Ahhh I see, taking the fifth! That might mean something. Unless your totally honest however many people does want this armor to be a thing. So I hope you tricking me.

UbiJurassic
01-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Ahhh I see, taking the fifth! That might mean something. Unless your totally honest however many people does want this armor to be a thing. So I hope you tricking me.
No tricks here. Everything I said is the truth. :)

AkenoKobayashi
01-28-2018, 11:23 PM
That armor needs to be put in the trash where it belongs.

Ulrichvonbek111
01-29-2018, 03:28 AM
It makes perfect sense.

The character models used in trailers, and artwork aren't necessarily the same models used in game. Parts of the Oni armor probably exist on some, older Orochi models which can still be used for promotional stuff.

What ?
How does it make perfect sense ?
If it isn't available to players then it shouldn't be advertised.

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 03:53 AM
What ?

1; Ian didn't understand why this armor variant appeared in the trailer, but understanding how trailers are made, specifically using different models and assets from the actual game, explains the sense behind it.

2; The armor isn't what's being advertised. Nothing in the trailer is representitive of the game itself, so it has certain artistic liberties.

Ianoneshot
01-29-2018, 04:06 AM
What ?

I agree on this part.

Ulrichvonbek111
01-29-2018, 04:09 AM
1; Ian didn't understand why this armor variant appeared in the trailer, but understanding how trailers are made, specifically using different models and assets from the actual game, explains the sense behind it.

2; The armor isn't what's being advertised. Nothing in the trailer is representitive of the game itself, so it has certain artistic liberties.

There's an old saying bull°•¤●baffles. ...indeed.

Ianoneshot
01-29-2018, 04:10 AM

A:1: Yes I didn't understand why it was in the trailer, that's why clarification was sorta needed.

A:2: Then why is it shown on the thumbnail?

Ianoneshot
01-29-2018, 04:12 AM
That armor needs to be put in the trash where it belongs.

Why? Isn't it more cool that just some spikes on pre-existing gear?

Tundra 793
01-29-2018, 04:13 AM
A:1: Yes I didn't understand why it was in the trailer, that's why clarification was sorta needed.

Of course, and you're always free to ask. I know how popular that armor is for Orochi's, so It's understandable you get excited when you see glimpses of it.

A:2: Then why is it shown on the thumbnail?

Well, a video's gotta have a thumbnail, and whoever decides on that thumbnail is probably a media employee or community representative. It probably wasn't a big intentional decision on the developers part to tease you.

Ianoneshot
02-01-2018, 12:59 AM
Well, a video's gotta have a thumbnail, and whoever decides on that thumbnail is probably a media employee or community representative. It probably wasn't a big intentional decision on the developers part to tease you.

Ok, well.... one can only hope.

Ianoneshot
02-01-2018, 02:21 PM

WAIT! It's also shown in the video itself! Oni is hidden at the final part of the teaser. Would make a great 'hunt' for the community. I can see why Ubi decided to do that. They want for something that the community would really pick at for once.

Armosias
02-01-2018, 02:34 PM
What ?
Does it means that we should get black and gold color for every character and a warden outfit for conqueror? Because if you watch some early art well... Or maybe you're being too serious over an armor.

Ianoneshot
02-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Does it means that we should get black and gold color for every character and a warden outfit for conqueror? Because if you watch some early art well... Or maybe you're being too serious over an armor.

We know that we wont get black and gold armor because it was a color pallet that just fits, like orange and iron for season 2, blue and wood for season 3, green and stone for season 4. So we know that much. Don't take stuff too literal.

Also for the warden conq armor can be explained. It was in early development. And things change a LOT during early development. However ONI is different for this sake because this trailer isn't concept art. This was recent and not made in 2015, so therefor it makes sense to have Ulrichvonbek111 to say that. Because it's recent.