PDA

View Full Version : destroy torpedo...??

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Without detailing the full incident...

I was flying the Fleet Air Arm campaign (download) in a catapault launch Hurricane from a merchant ship and spotted a torpedo from a downed bomber approaching a ship.

Out of desperation and concern for my fellow members of the Royal Navy I attacked the torpedo....and it exploded!

Having ditched in the sea alongside the intended victim I was hauled aboard and treated to many glassses of 'grog' (rum) by the grateful crew.One of the stokers was a recently volunteered woman and she was very grateful....

Should I try this again??

MB_Avro

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Without detailing the full incident...

I was flying the Fleet Air Arm campaign (download) in a catapault launch Hurricane from a merchant ship and spotted a torpedo from a downed bomber approaching a ship.

Out of desperation and concern for my fellow members of the Royal Navy I attacked the torpedo....and it exploded!

Having ditched in the sea alongside the intended victim I was hauled aboard and treated to many glassses of 'grog' (rum) by the grateful crew.One of the stokers was a recently volunteered woman and she was very grateful....

Should I try this again??

MB_Avro

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:40 PM
By all means, and if you pull it off, make a track, I'd love to see it.

I tried to attack a he-111 torpedo with .30 cal, .50 cal and MK108, and haven't had any luck destroying one yet.

Then on the second day, it was made bug free, and He saw that it was good.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't know...

Seems like I can drop one from a gazillion feet in the air while in a 45 degree dive, and it performs as though I was 40' off the water doing 120K. I'm not convinced they are modeled well enough to be able to be destroyed.

I believe they were probably meant for AI and never got tweaked very well when players got to use them.

Just my 2 cents

http://www.jw-design.net/SIGGINEW.jpg

The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man,
nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

Miss A. R.

XyZspineZyX
06-30-2003, 10:21 PM
I tried to destroy a torpedo many times, just for the fun of it. I finally succeeded with a IL2. I had no luck using MG's, but cannons did the trick.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:58 PM
I used cannons in a 'head on' attack to destroy the torpedo. I tried again on another from astern but missed.

I know of no record in WW11 where this was done.

MB_Avro

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:25 PM
what it might be is that the torp has a certain amount of time before it explodes not like time delay in arming map different, like a few mins

shot down a he111 and torp fell

after a while watching it it exploded

http://www.freewebs.com/tungatt/sig.jpg

<marquee>I never said it was a good idea, just an idea /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </marquee>