PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft is that all?

FinnOfTheHorde
01-26-2018, 10:41 AM
Is that a joke? 2 new moves and Dedicated servers? Like rly? Is that all? 1 year of nothing?
Just tell me you created TOTAL NEW armors and I will understand why you add only 2 new moves but Ubisoft... Its not 2007, you can't say: Creating new armors takes a lot of time. Ppl can create awesome armors in Blender in days/weeks and you can't? AAA Games company can't do this? When random ppl can create cool things... I rly need more value reason why you can't create new armors instead of adding more spikes.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 10:49 AM
Do you know for a fact that it is only two moves? Because too my knowledge only teasers where shown this most recent den and we havenít seen the final products. I assume you where talking about the reworks.

FinnOfTheHorde
01-26-2018, 10:58 AM
Do you know for a fact that it is only two moves? Because too my knowledge only teasers where shown this most recent den and we havenít seen the final products. I assume you where talking about the reworks.
Everything. They was giving us only reskins for 1 year cuz "It takes a lot of time".
New animations (on image) was only for Kensei and Conqueror so I dont think they will add any new moves for rest of OG characters.

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 11:07 AM
Everything. They was giving us only reskins for 1 year cuz "It takes a lot of time".
New animations (on image) was only for Kensei and Conqueror so I dont think they will add any new moves for rest of OG characters.

They reworked Conq and Kensei and added new captured moves to them. Nobushi, Highlander and Berserker get alot of tweaks but no newly added move. That is 5 Characters in one Update which is a big step imo. Some OG Characters dont even need complete reworks, like e.g. Raider and Lawbringer, because their kit is already pretty good.

On some Characters it will be enough to add special states (UB, Hyperarmor) to certain Attacks or make some Attacks soft-feintable or change the mixup potential in chains, so you dont need to add completely new captured moves and still make them viable.

Jeez, kids these days. Complain without knowing how much work and time is needed to do all these things...

T1brys
01-26-2018, 11:16 AM
They reworked Conq and Kensei and added new captured moves to them. Nobushi, Highlander and Berserker get alot of tweaks but no newly added move. That is 5 Characters in one Update which is a big step imo. Some OG Characters dont even need complete reworks, like e.g. Raider and Lawbringer, because their kit is already pretty good.

On some Characters it will be enough to add special states (UB, Hyperarmor) to certain Attacks or make some Attacks soft-feintable or change the mixup potential in chains, so you dont need to add completely new captured moves and still make them viable.

Jeez, kids these days. Complain without knowing how much work and time is needed to do all these things...

How do you know, or are you just guessing?

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 11:20 AM
How do you know, or are you just guessing?

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1829550-Warrior-s-Den-January-25th

Major Hero Updates;

Updated Moveset for Kensei/Conq
New Animations for Kensei/Conq

Major balancing updates for Berserker, Nobushi and Highlander.

FinnOfTheHorde
01-26-2018, 11:22 AM
"Jeez, kids these days. Complain without knowing how much work and time is needed to do all these things..."
Mad? Oh yeah I know nothing! Kid? YES! Cuz Im 9yo and yeah I rly know nothing... Cuz only Ubisoft is creating fighting games and only they are adding few new moves per year (Even if you have 1 year of beta after game launch). Yeah you are right Sir.
Good kit and Lawbringer? Turtle lawbringer is nothing vs DLC champions. 0 openers, 1 unblockable (sooo hard to dodge) and this is a good kit? I see how good you are in this game.
HOW MUCH WORK AND TIME... Sure. If you are small studio with small experience but big AAA game company with many years of experience?
Don't be ridiculous dude.

T1brys
01-26-2018, 11:23 AM
Lol, yeah, and you believe in santa-claus as well?

Cmon, how can you believe in something like that? Hell, those guys can't even fix the ****ing block on the conq and blame it on " unintended release"

Ubi-Jimothy
01-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Hey there,

I think you're heavily underestimating the work that the team has put in to Season 5. Ontop of the reworks (that aren't just '2 new moves'), the Dedicated Servers have required a complete structural overhaul. The team have been working incredibly hard on this, and it's no easy feat (not to mention whilst also maintaining the current infrastructure and providing new content). Season 5 also includes new weapons and armor sets, the Arena mode that allows you to practice against specific moves and see the intricate details, gear refining, brand new Faction War features, the ability to equip multiple effects, map updates and more.

In the following weeks, we'll be showing the more intricate details, but here's a recap of yesterdays Warriors Den if you missed out on any of the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7sy3zd/warriors_den_recap_25th_january_season_5_details/.

Regards,

Jim.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 11:43 AM
"Jeez, kids these days. Complain without knowing how much work and time is needed to do all these things..."
Mad? Oh yeah I know nothing! Kid? YES! Cuz Im 9yo and yeah I rly know nothing... Cuz only Ubisoft is creating fighting games and only they are adding few new moves per year (Even if you have 1 year of beta after game launch). Yeah you are right Sir.
Good kit and Lawbringer? Turtle lawbringer is nothing vs DLC champions. 0 openers, 1 unblockable (sooo hard to dodge) and this is a good kit? I see how good you are in this game.
HOW MUCH WORK AND TIME... Sure. If you are small studio with small experience but big AAA game company with many years of experience?

Hey thatís unfair on LB. My Lb will smack all the DLC heroes up down and sideways and not even break a sweat. Youíre forgetting his unblockable heavy attack, thatís useful for opening up a turtle.

FinnOfTheHorde
01-26-2018, 11:45 AM
Hey there,

I think you're heavily underestimating the work that the team has put in to Season 5. Ontop of the reworks (that aren't just '2 new moves'), the Dedicated Servers have required a complete structural overhaul. The team have been working incredibly hard on this, and it's no easy feat (not to mention whilst also maintaining the current infrastructure and providing new content). Season 5 also includes new weapons and armor sets, the Arena mode that allows you to practice against specific moves and see the intricate details, gear refining, brand new Faction War features, the ability to equip multiple effects, map updates and more.

In the following weeks, we'll be showing the more intricate details, but here's a recap of yesterdays Warriors Den if you missed out on any of the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/7sy3zd/warriors_den_recap_25th_january_season_5_details/.

Regards,

Jim.

Thanks for answer. Maybe I understand it wrong. Can You just tell me if this new armors are NEW or another reskins? Or say something about it in next warriors den cuz its rly boring to get only new helmets...

T1brys
01-26-2018, 11:57 AM
Wow, that's a answer with little to none info..

So get it done, reverse the block bug on the conq and let's see what this " rework" is

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 12:26 PM

LB has an opener and a good flowing kit. Shove on block is one of the best moves in game. And all openers are counterable, like they should be. Cant understand your argument there.
Rest of your post is just ranting and showing that you have little knowledge of how programming and designing works. I work in software development (although not games) for 8 years now, so I bet my knowledge in this field is higher than yours.

How good I am in this game? I am facing Clutchmeister, Setmyx and Playfiends in my Matches, I guess I am in the Top 10-5%. Also FH Tracker confirms this: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz

Lol, yeah, and you believe in santa-claus as well?

Cmon, how can you believe in something like that? Hell, those guys can't even fix the ****ing block on the conq and blame it on " unintended release"

Yes, I believe what they say in the Dens, because that became true for most parts within a reasonable time if you consider design and programming processes. Sometimes mistakes happen, they released a part of Conq rework falsely, but I can understand that they dont want to roll it back which costs time and a patch if they will change it again 2 weeks later.

FinnOfTheHorde
01-26-2018, 12:48 PM
LB has an opener and a good flowing kit. Shove on block is one of the best moves in game. And all openers are counterable, like they should be. Cant understand your argument there.
Rest of your post is just ranting and showing that you have little knowledge of how programming and designing works. I work in software development (although not games) for 8 years now, so I bet my knowledge in this field is higher than yours.

How good I am in this game? I am facing Clutchmeister, Setmyx and Playfiends in my Matches, I guess I am in the Top 10-5%. Also FH Tracker confirms this: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz

Yes, I believe what they say in the Dens, because that became true for most parts within a reasonable time if you consider design and programming processes. Sometimes mistakes happen, they released a part of Conq rework falsely, but I can understand that they dont want to roll it back which costs time and a patch if they will change it again 2 weeks later.
Im working in Blender for 5 years. So stop tryharding as smartass cuz its just funny.
Turtle lawbringer with shove xD So scary xD
Top 10-5% probably in top ******ed ppl on this forum.

Charmzzz
01-26-2018, 12:58 PM
Im working in Blender for 5 years. So stop tryharding as smartass cuz its just funny.
Turtle lawbringer with shove xD So scary xD
Top 10-5% probably in top ******ed ppl on this forum.

So animating is programming now? Didnt know that.

LB has an opener, fact. LB has Shove on block which is a good move, fact. LB has good mixups and feints, fact. Your arguments? None.

Is that your profile: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/TheTemplar27
We can duel if you like. I didnt play duel for a while, but if you want to compare your epeen I am available.

BTTrinity
01-26-2018, 01:24 PM

NOBUSHI? :D Did they say anything about what they did to her?

T1brys
01-26-2018, 06:12 PM

Awesome, heres the admission i've been asking for, tobad it comes from you and not the devs that still are hiding their heads in the sand.

so, they reversed this kind of **** before, so your little teory about that is off the reality scale and deep down in santa claus stuff. its not to mutch to demand them to fix what they broke :)

Protos_88
01-26-2018, 10:21 PM
Hey there,

Regards,

Jim.

new content with the new f bugs? withiut repare? for what you waiting for? gb glitch, disapire wepons glitch, sounds glitch. and f more..... and more

Protos_88
01-26-2018, 10:35 PM
new content with the new f bugs? withiut repare? for what you waiting for? gb glitch, disapire wepons glitch, sounds glitch. and f more..... and more
and why you meaking sth like turnament if you know balance dont exist??? if lags break you skill.... and who the f give this stupit idea to give teleport aramusha and shinobi... he run and f play for free hits. or in domi.ion he use skill from 20m ans spam you when athers hiting ...

Vakris_One
01-27-2018, 04:21 AM
The self-entitlened special snowflake rage is strong with this thread. My dudes, if you think the devs are doing a piss poor job feel free to:

a) Make and run your own original game. Oh and make sure to start with a P2P network and then switch to dedicated servers halfway through without having to close the game down for maintenance for many months while still releasing regular new content. Good luck.

or

b) Stop playing this game if it offends you so.

See you in Season 5 lads 😂

Dane520123
01-27-2018, 06:46 AM
Wow, that's a answer with little to none info..

So get it done, reverse the block bug on the conq and let's see what this " rework" is

Its not a bug, itís part of the rework that slipped into the patch some how idk lol

EDG_Avocado
01-27-2018, 10:05 PM
top 10%-5% in this game with this population size?
You really consider that a huge achievement?
Well I guess this is your peak of your lifetime

ArchDukeInstinct
01-28-2018, 05:21 AM
Ppl can create awesome armors in Blender in days/weeks and you can't? AAA Games company can't do this? When random ppl can create cool things... I rly need more value reason why you can't create new armors instead of adding more spikes.

Well that's pretty vague to begin with, "awesome armors" in "days/weeks". This could be saying that one set of armor takes 3 weeks just as easily as it could be saying 10 sets of armor takes only 2 days.

Nonetheless, it's nowhere near as trivial as you make it sound. There's creating the model's geometry/topology, then optimizing it into a low poly version for a realtime game. Then I would say given For Honor's amount of character customization, they'll need at least 3 different sets of UV maps. (one for the base textures, one for symbols/embossing, and then one for patterns), bake ambient occlusion and normal maps from the high poly source version to the optimized low poly version, texture the low poly version, then you need to weight each vertex to one or more bones in the character's armature, and then of course copious amounts of testing and review. This is the bare minimum.

AkenoKobayashi
01-28-2018, 11:34 PM
Hey there,

Regards,

Jim.

Peasants don't understand the work that goes into every developmental aspect of creating a functioning game. They think lines of code can be fixed with a light switch.