PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Dominion REMOVED???

Mia.Nora
01-25-2018, 11:34 PM
WTF? Instead of fixing queueing system and making Ranked Dom more rewarding they just removed it??

Please tell me I got it wrong??

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 11:56 PM
You're not wrong, I had the same response when I first heard it. Then I realised that there still won't be any rewards that are worth playing it for anyway. It'll be just as dead as ranked Dom 4v4 was.

It's odd that they had, and made new ornaments for ranked duel and its only a fraction of the player base that the 4v4 modes have.

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 12:00 AM
They said they are going with ranked tribute for season 5, it could be something to do with that.

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 12:17 AM
I think thats what he means, instead of giving rewards for making ranked dom better, they scrapped it and replaced it with ranked tribute, which will fail for the same reason.

Tyrjo
01-26-2018, 02:15 PM
No wonder ranked Dominion failed. The scoring system is so broken. You basically need to win a match and be top 3 in score to gain points. Even if you win the match and don't get a score high enough in relation to the other players you can lose rank. Talk about a frustrating experience.

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 02:50 PM
No wonder ranked Dominion failed. The scoring system is so broken. You basically need to win a match and be top 3 in score to gain points. Even if you win the match and don't get a score high enough in relation to the other players you can lose rank. Talk about a frustrating experience.

Agreed, I brought this up right away when ranked dom released. It gets to the point where you're competing against your own team, not helping them at certain points or taking away their 1v1 points by getting a single hit in when they don't need help with the fight.

If you're on the winning team you should get at least +5% to rank no matter what score you have. It's a team based objective mode and they rate you individually... someone should be boosting or defending a zone at all times, if no one shows up to fight them why should they lose 10-15% for having a low score when they played the objective and helped win the match.

Once Tribute fails hopefully they will rework the rank up algorithm so it's not based solely on individual score, and also give rewards like ranked duel tournament has, the rewards are really the only thing that will make people play over non ranked dominion, people already have to choose not to use their high level gear they grinded hour upon hours for, there needs to be a reason to give that up.

They need to add more steel per match and add ornaments for reaching high tier ranks.

No0b.Nr.1
01-26-2018, 03:13 PM
how people cant chil and enjoy somethiing, dominion ranked was "beta" they might bring it back season V. they r testing what people want to play most.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 03:22 PM
how people cant chil and enjoy somethiing, dominion ranked was "beta" they might bring it back season V. they r testing what people want to play most.

But it should be pretty self explanatory. Tribute, while it is fun, was never as popular as Dominion is. Ranked modes are always not as popular as regular modes, and even then it is still an effort to find a ranked Domionion match. Add 2 and 2 together and itís obvious that Ranked Tribute will not be played much at all, perhaps not even as much as Ranked Dominion is.

BUT, dedicated servers dropping sometime Season V has the potential to throw a spanner in the works and bring back thousands of players, driving the population up and thus driving the popularity of ranked modes up. Only time will tell.

Tyrjo
01-26-2018, 03:35 PM
It probably will be brought back but...

It needs to be reworked in terms of scoring and how you rank up.
It needs to give double the steel of normal dominion per match.
It needs to have cool rewards you cannot get elsewhere.

Then it will succeed.