PDA

View Full Version : So look at the map now and tell me it's a straight game

Ulrichvonbek111
01-25-2018, 08:38 PM
Just as the tittle says,,I've just logged in to play For Honor and what do I see ,,knights 17-5,,Vikings 48+12 and Samurai 22-6 territories..and the Dev's tell us it's straight.
We've been played as many have claimed yes the Farcical War.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Your posts read like a 60 year old stuffy college professor writes 'em. Just a strange observation.

Bio pointed out on the Den that once it became clear the Vikings would take the season, the other factions sort of yielded. And we're now in the off season, where no faction really plays to win. The Viking high point now is probably just them riding out the winner's high, I'm sure it'll mellow out during the off season.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Since season 4 started the Vikings have been wrecking after losing nearly every single round since season 1. Something is wrong here, even if they have better players on average, they aren't losing any zones to either faction and I find it hard to believe that they are that much better than every player on the other factions.

I think they messed up with the player population vs troops balance but I could be wrong, all I know is that it's anything but balanced right now. Vikings have the least amount of player by quite a bit and are wrecking, Knights have a bit more and managed to steal a round by pure fluke in my opinion and Samurai with the most players by far, couldn't come close to winning a round.

I hope they take a solid look at this, Bio seems to think it's working perfect and is happy her faction is dominating so hopefully she can get off her high horse and take an unbaised look at this.

They certainly played it safe on the den and picked two harmless questions to answer before calling it a day, instead talking about costco and pitas for the last 5 mins when they could have answered 5 or more additional questions.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 09:51 PM
They certainly played it safe on the den and picked two harmless questions to answer before calling it a day, instead talking about costco and pitas for the last 5 mins when they could have answered 5 or more additional questions.

Yeah I agree, that's how it felt like. It felt shady.

Oops. I forgot this is Ulrich's thread. *sigh*

Okita_Soji..
01-26-2018, 12:06 AM
How does anyone know how many members are apart of each faction? On Xbox when I play there are more Vikings than knights with hardly any samurai. I'm usually the only samurai playing 4's on either side. Just wondering where the numbers come from and who has them.

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 12:14 AM
They mentioned them on the warrior den before todays. The 17th maybe?

Tundra 793
01-26-2018, 12:15 AM
How does anyone know how many members are apart of each faction? On Xbox when I play there are more Vikings than knights with hardly any samurai. I'm usually the only samurai playing 4's on either side. Just wondering where the numbers come from and who has them.

The developers provides the faction percentages every so often. I can't remember the exact figures, but around 2-3 Dens ago, Vikings were the lowest populated faction at 28%.

ChampionRuby50g
01-26-2018, 01:04 AM
Your posts read like a 60 year old stuffy college professor writes 'em. Just a strange observation.

Bio pointed out on the Den that once it became clear the Vikings would take the season, the other factions sort of yielded. And we're now in the off season, where no faction really plays to win. The Viking high point now is probably just them riding out the winner's high, I'm sure it'll mellow out during the off season.

Watch out! A wild Guardian Kleek appeared

Guardian used Reason:
It wasn’t very effective...
*sigh*

Seeing as there’s no real point to the faction war during the off season it makes sense that a lot of players wouldn’t bother to replace their War Banners or even manually deploy assets, so with a large amount of troops been deployed automatically and evenly, the front lines and territories would not change very quickly before slowly balancing out.

PDXGorechild
01-26-2018, 01:27 PM
http://78.media.tumblr.com/ee2377b0892910862f02cca49b0714d0/tumblr_inline_ovyn7riXyH1s50qig_500.gif

Hormly
01-26-2018, 04:22 PM
The earth is flat

ChampionRuby50g
01-27-2018, 01:57 AM
The earth is flat

Hitler assassinated JFK which started the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan. Stay woke

Depressd_Cent
01-27-2018, 02:00 AM
Since season 4 started the Vikings have been wrecking after losing nearly every single round since season 1. Something is wrong here, even if they have better players on average, they aren't losing any zones to either faction and I find it hard to believe that they are that much better than every player on the other factions.

I think they messed up with the player population vs troops balance but I could be wrong, all I know is that it's anything but balanced right now. Vikings have the least amount of player by quite a bit and are wrecking, Knights have a bit more and managed to steal a round by pure fluke in my opinion and Samurai with the most players by far, couldn't come close to winning a round.

I hope they take a solid look at this, Bio seems to think it's working perfect and is happy her faction is dominating so hopefully she can get off her high horse and take an unbaised look at this.

them not losing territory doesn't mean they're better it just means that 60 percent of the community is in that faction so you could say that it is rigged since the majority of the players are in that faction

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 02:11 AM
them not losing territory doesn't mean they're better it just means that 60 percent of the community is in that faction so you could say that it is rigged since the majority of the players are in that faction

If you're referring to the Vikings, they have 28% of the playerbase, the lowest number of players by a noticeable amount.

Because the Vikings have the fewest players, the Viking players generate more assets per game, to even out the disparity between the number of players in each faction. On top of that, the Vikings have, since Season 1 I think, usually been one of, if not the faction whose members deploy the most assets/troops manually.

To summarize; The Vikings have the fewest players, generate more valuable troops and deploy them more strategically on average. I'd have to go back and check, but if the Vikings had a larger population for Seasons 2 and 3, that could explain why they perfomed poorly before Season 4.

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 02:19 AM
If you're referring to the Vikings, they have 28% of the playerbase, the lowest number of players by a noticeable amount.

Because the Vikings have the fewest players, the Viking players generate more assets per game, to even out the disparity between the number of players in each faction. On top of that, the Vikings have, since Season 1 I think, usually been one of, if not the faction whose members deploy the most assets/troops manually.

To summarize; The Vikings have the fewest players, generate more valuable troops and deploy them more strategically on average. I'd have to go back and check, but if the Vikings had a larger population for Seasons 2 and 3, that could explain why they perfomed poorly before Season 4.

I think season 3 vikings were around the same though I believe at one time they were around 30%, samurai have often been in the 40% range. Last season knights led in terms of assets being manually deployed, but this season only the Vikings were above 50% and so many of the knights only deploy on the damn volcano, seen people saying that in reddit and the discord. So a good chunk of our player base is set on self sabotage for a meme.

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 02:23 AM
I think season 3 vikings were around the same though I believe at one time they were around 30%, samurai have often been in the 40% range. Last season knights led in terms of assets being manually deployed, but this season only the Vikings were above 50% and so many of the knights only deploy on the damn volcano, seen people saying that in reddit and the discord. So a good chunk of our player base is set on self sabotage for a meme.

Must be frustrating for all the Knights.

It is a damn fine volcano though.

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 02:25 AM
Must be frustrating for all the Knights.

It is a damn fine volcano though.

Yeah with often a few million lead where being spread around that few million might have gotten another four territories, since we have seen numbers, the vikings have played smarter. I would be willing to bet when the volcano is not active, that is the reason we have gone below 50% overall also.

If one of the strategic capture points is not on that volcano we are pretty much screwed.

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 02:28 AM
I'd love to hear the developers thoughts on that. I can only imagine the frustration of seeing zones wither around the volcano, when they could have been saved.

But in a weird way, as a Viking I'm kinda jealous. The Vikings and Samurai don't have a single identifiable territory. The volcano is like a mascot for the Knights at this point. Would be cool if more territories were unique and not just nameless squares we throw troops at until it changes color.

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 02:33 AM
I'd love to hear the developers thoughts on that. I can only imagine the frustration of seeing zones wither around the volcano, when they could have been saved.

But in a weird way, as a Viking I'm kinda jealous. The Vikings and Samurai don't have a single identifiable territory. The volcano is like a mascot for the Knights at this point. Would be cool if more territories were unique and not just nameless squares we throw troops at until it changes color.

I wouldn't mind horribly if the volcano disappeared >.> lol, though yeah if it was a matter of one identifiable feature square or a bunch of them all over the map the latter would be better.

The_B0G_
01-27-2018, 03:04 AM
The volcano isn't a bad thing IMO, it was the first fortress basically. Its the age of the Vikings now though, the great heathen army has come, and no territory is out of reach.

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 03:08 AM
The volcano isn't a bad thing IMO, it was the first fortress basically. Its the age of the Vikings now though, the great heathen army has come, and no territory is out of reach.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/f1858965cdce16ab4ae5f5ba50013dfb/tumblr_nnh2ckP4lo1tdy0nco1_500.gif

ChampionRuby50g
01-27-2018, 03:11 AM
I wouldn't mind horribly if the volcano disappeared >.> lol, though yeah if it was a matter of one identifiable feature square or a bunch of them all over the map the latter would be better.

Perhaps in the next off season it can erupt causing it to sink into the ground and no longer be a thing lol. But then it would handicap the Vikings and our supplies would dwindle. Guess only a full scale invasion of your lands is the solution. Don’t need to worry about War Asset placement if your land becomes ours 😏.

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 03:11 AM

Yeah until the self fulfilling conspiracy turns the wheel and the vikings lose those invested in winning as many rewards as possible and get those who are looking to join the last faction that won of course >.>

Perhaps in the next off season it can erupt causing it to sink into the ground and no longer be a thing lol. But then it would handicap the Vikings and our supplies would dwindle. Guess only a full scale invasion of your lands is the solution. Don’t need to worry about War Asset placement if your land becomes ours ��.

Bah so we have to deal with you lot either way then lol

The_B0G_
01-27-2018, 03:20 AM
Yeah until the self fulfilling conspiracy turns the wheel and the vikings lose those invested in winning as many rewards as possible and get those who are looking to join the last faction that won of course >.>

Bah so we have to deal with you lot either way then lol

Lol I can only hope as many band wagoners hit up the vikings as after season 1.

Vakris_One
01-27-2018, 03:37 AM
http://78.media.tumblr.com/ee2377b0892910862f02cca49b0714d0/tumblr_inline_ovyn7riXyH1s50qig_500.gif
Your mascara is running :)

The earth is flat
Only because it's being carried by four elephants on top of a giant tortoise's back

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 03:41 AM
Your mascara is running :)

Only because it's being carried by four elephants on top of a giant tortoise's back

Don't forget the fifth elephant.

Vakris_One
01-27-2018, 04:05 AM

Don't forget the fifth elephant.
Got it covered:

https://medias.spotern.com/spots/w640/13912.jpg

... Well she's much nicer than an elephant dammit! ;)