PDA

View Full Version : After a year nothing has changed

Jolvark
01-25-2018, 04:12 PM
I came back to the game after leaving it because of all the crushes, disconnections, bugs, exploits and unbalanced heroes, and after a year is all the same crap, horrible matchmaking mechanics (2 teams with 2 bots, joins 2 more players for only 1 team) unbalanced stupid heroes like cent and cham, disconnections, crushes, etc.
And what answers i get? "maybe it`s your video card" "your router has a problem" "if you have a problem with a hero play with it (buy it)" and other stupid answers that solves nothing.
Why there are f2p games with decent servers, non p2w mechanics, devs that hear the users and solves problems in weeks (or even days) and in this game, supported by a big companny are none of those things??
I still want my money back, whit game worth 0$.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 04:23 PM
P2P matchmaking is pretty horrible. And the microtransactions present in the game are equally horrible. I agree.

Cent and Shaman have been revised much, they shouldn't be the same problems they used to be on release. But yeah compared to the OG cast, they can still be annoyances to deal with.

But! I'd wait for dedicated servers, along with the lag compensation, character reworks, parry changes, and more things that help set this game back on a good railroad, before I draw a decision to quit permanently.

ChampionRuby50g
01-25-2018, 04:41 PM
What exactly about For Honor is pay to win?

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 04:51 PM
What exactly about For Honor is pay to win?

As someone who still plays this game,buying gear shouldnt be an option (hell, gear shouldnt be an option) as it provides ADVANTAGES (LIke being able to get the "OP" stats as soon as you hit R8) vs someone who grinds for their gear and doesnt get his full kit until rep 9-10.

Though, For Honor is not your typical pay to win practice as you can earn everything in game, usually when I hear pay to win I think that the shop offers something that the grind doesnt.

To the OP: Most of the games exploits have been fixed since you quit (GB bugs, soft cancels, flicker bugs were all fixed, the game is no where near as exploitable as before)

And nobody here will tell you that P2P being bad is your fault, everyone who still plays FH knows the P2P is horrible.

Id say, wait until the end of season 5 to draw the line, as thats when the OG heroes SHOULD be reworked.

CandleInTheDark
01-25-2018, 04:58 PM
As someone who still plays this game,buying gear shouldnt be an option (hell, gear shouldnt be an option) as it provides ADVANTAGES (LIke being able to get the "OP" stats as soon as you hit R8) vs someone who grinds for their gear and doesnt get his full kit until rep 9-10.

Though, For Honor is not your typical pay to win practice as you can earn everything in game, usually when I hear pay to win I think that the shop offers something that the grind doesnt.

To the OP: Most of the games exploits have been fixed since you quit (GB bugs, soft cancels, flicker bugs were all fixed, the game is no where near as exploitable as before)

And nobody here will tell you that P2P being bad is your fault, everyone who still plays FH knows the P2P is horrible.

Id say, wait until the end of season 5 to draw the line, as thats when the OG heroes SHOULD be reworked.

I have always been very against gear and the ever increasing rep level because it makes the game ever more inaccessible for new people coming in or people who want to pick up another character. I have five in top level gear and that is because I grinded against the ai, I will be working on others once dedicated servers are in, some of whom are part there, others I have yet to start.

I honestly don't think it is pay to win though, that was why the devs rolled back one of their initial ideas of gear pieces being scrapped for xp, because that was exploitable. Yes there are micro transactions but unless you want to buy every single shiny for every single character, there is no need to use that system, I am sitting on nearly 40,000 steel (none of it bought) and 40 scavenger crates before I would even have to go into that steel for gear.

Tyrfing_.
01-25-2018, 05:30 PM
One can easily make 2000 steel a day by playing 2-3 hours. This is a DLC hero in a week.
I honestly don't think that this is a lot. Actually I do not understand why anyone would be spending any further real money on the game.

indeed, steel is too expensive to buy in my view, but why would one do that.

I know definitely worse grinds in other games.

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 05:55 PM
I have always been very against gear and the ever increasing rep level because it makes the game ever more inaccessible for new people coming in or people who want to pick up another character. I have five in top level gear and that is because I grinded against the ai, I will be working on others once dedicated servers are in, some of whom are part there, others I have yet to start.

I honestly don't think it is pay to win though, I mean that was why the devs rolled back one of their initial ideas of gear pieces being scrapped for xp, because that was exploitable. Yes there are micro transactions but unless you want to buy every single shiny for every single character, there is no need to use that system, I mean I am sitting on nearly 40,000 steel (none of it bought) and 40 scavenger crates before I would even have to go into that steel for gear.

gonna be honest, I prioritize buying gear over cosmetics cuz I like to have every heroic star weapon (My Ara, Shinobi and Nobushi has EVERY heroic * weapon in the game)

I agree entirely, gear stats need to be removed for the sake of new players, its not a friendly system in the slightest... I wonder how a new Nobushi player in Dominion with no gear will react to me taking 3-4 top heavys to kill her, while it takes her 4-5 because her gear deals less damage and my gear takes less damage... Please Ubi, get rid of gear stats and convert out salvage to scavenging crates, for the sake of making this game friendly to new players... Its not fun having to grind AI for gear, and you hardly get to learn your character.

KSI_TheMadKing
01-25-2018, 06:33 PM
Has anyone in here watched the dev stream. Or the YouTube video they made it looks like it's going to address some of the problems here.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 07:12 PM
The one real instance I view as a 'pay-to-win' scenario, is when people spend Steel to unlock all the feats right away on any hero, without leveling said hero. Then straight take that hero into Dominion and abuse the hell out of those feats. And when there's lack of Steel, they buy Steel Packs for that. Granted, they will most probably suck hard at playing the hero, and face equal chances of victory and defeat, however still counts as a 'pay-to-win' instance.

Other than that, most other Steel-spending scenarios are purely cosmetic. They are not pay-to-win as they are purely aesthetic, but that doesn't mean this system is okay as-is (but that's a different discussion for another time).

I agree with BTTrinity and Candle: buying gear shouldn't exist. At all. And I'm glad it doesn't. And also happy that you cannot salvage gear for XP.

The whole gear stats thing needs looked at. And the feats.

Alustar.
01-25-2018, 08:21 PM
The raw values of attack and defense need to be scaled back a bit, in my opinion. But that's pretty much it. If they did that, gear would go back to being what it was intended for, min/maxing stats for preferred playstyle and situational fights. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to having them (attack/defense hard stat) outright replaced with a stat that more passively effects your hero to better promote diverse styles of play.

Jolvark
01-26-2018, 06:10 AM
My point about p2w mechanics is that we all had buyied this game for a lot of money but still they put stuff that can benefit you in a match with micro transactions system, that itīs a pw2 mechanic, yes we all can get the 100% of the game by playing BUT there are micro transactions and season pass in a AAA game with no servers???? Meanwile other f2p games maded by indis have servers, no crushes, quick solutions and they are 100% more humble about their work, than ubisoft in general.

Jolvark
01-26-2018, 06:14 AM
My point about p2w mechanics is that we all had buyied this game for a lot of money but still they put stuff that can benefit you in a match with micro transactions system, that itīs a pw2 mechanic, yes we all can get the 100% of the game by playing BUT there are micro transactions and season pass in a AAA game with no servers???? Meanwile other f2p games made by indis have servers, no crushes, quick solutions and they are 100% more humble about their work, than ubisoft in general.

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 08:18 AM
My point about p2w mechanics is that we all had buyied this game for a lot of money but still they put stuff that can benefit you in a match with micro transactions system, that itīs a pw2 mechanic, yes we all can get the 100% of the game by playing BUT there are micro transactions and season pass in a AAA game with no servers???? Meanwile other f2p games made by indis have servers, no crushes, quick solutions and they are 100% more humble about their work, than ubisoft in general.

So I assume you have,in attempting to prove this, gotten full gear score on a new hero within a day?

I am kind of guessing not given you need to be rep 7 for that,by that time unless you have spent your steel on every new shiny to come out you have more than enough to get any armour that way. As I said above I have ~40k steel and 43(following end of round) scavenger crates,I would be willing to bet that with my one rep 9 character I could get refined gear with that alone if I bothered about gear stats. This isn't NBA 2k(x) where you can have an 85 overall player day one because you could afford to spend $100 or star wars where you can buy access to characters people have to play ~40 hours for (and talk about lack of humble, where the devs tell you the aim is a feeling of accomplishment and achievement because you unlocked Vader).

For Honor has had problems, sure, they tried to go with the industry standard for a fighter and it didn't work, hence the fact that we are getting dedicated servers this season. They have also tried to balance using the tools they have, found they could not and went to the effort of doing new motion capture for some of their more limited heroes which again we are getting season 5.People have been asking for a training mode for ages, again season 5. There are a whole lot of changes that address many of the concerns people have announced in the space of the last month.

As for humble, your mileage may vary but they have treated the fanbase far better than many companies I have seen and have kept up communication weekly to tell us what is going on.

Alustar.
01-26-2018, 04:28 PM
They put in customizable effects for emotes and executions. I specifically remember putting a thread out there that several players got in on some time in the last two seasons. Now we have them coming. They listen.