PDA

View Full Version : The Treasure maps mechanic should be expanded

Raydoovah
01-25-2018, 03:03 PM
In 1404/2070 (Don't know bout 2205 'cos I never played it) we had the Treasure Maps, where you could load a ship with a good, and send it on an expedition.

This was cool. Getting some Epics/Legendary's from expeditions in 1404 was awesome.

But I think that the mechanic should be expanded. There should be maps that require you to send groups of ships, loaded with a resource(or specific items, like self repair). And these maps could yield some Legendary rewards.
So a requirement would be for maximum success chance:
300 Advanced Weapons.
1000 of free storage capacity in the ships
500 of FirePower on the military ships.

And this Mission could yield some ridiculously awesome items. But if you fail - you lose all/some of the ships sent.

But you would ask: "But how would I group up the ships together?" You send the supporting ships to follow the ship with the map. And if they follow it to the end of the map then all of them get sent on an expedition to the unknown world.
I assume that this will make it easier to implement.

stylisticsagi
01-25-2018, 05:29 PM
I would love to see there return i really do however i don't think they have to be altered that much.
But perhaps some questing wich work on a simular function.

Raydoovah
01-25-2018, 05:49 PM
I would love to see there return i really do however i don't think they have to be altered that much.
But perhaps some questing wich work on a simular function.

They will return I think.

But my suggestion is for expanding them. So these treasure maps are more interesting mechanically, rather than a simple "load goods->send ship".

Also it will give a reason for peaceful players to build warships

AgmasGold
01-25-2018, 08:48 PM
+1 to this. Expeditions to get very strong items (like in 1404) is something I would really want to see in the game.