PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den January 25th

Tundra 793
01-24-2018, 11:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWQxXNg5EnI

Another Week, another Den. Going forward I'll try to include a Forum Community Questions section where I'll collect the best/funniest questions from forum members, hopefully to get passed onto the Pope and the devs. So for the best chance to get your question noticed, please do post it here, and I'll add it to the list.

Fred beat me to the info dump, but you can all read it here; https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1829532-Tomorrow-s-Warrior-s-Den-to-dive-deep-on-Season-5-info-and-content

Here's what you can expect

Season start date
New season name and look
Which Heroes exactly are receiving updates in S5? (note, we will not be showing the changes on tomorrow's show! SOON!)
New features! (we heard you want to do something with your salvage?)
Awesome new Faction War stuff
Updated maps
and MORE!

and also other updates:

new content of the week
AFK abuse
New Game Mode Event
Faction War Rewards

Looks like it'll be a pretty huge show, and if y'all have any questions, you can ask them on Twitch during the livestream, or here and I'll bug Fred to see if he can get some forum questions to the Pope and Roman/Damien by tomorrow.

Forum Community Questions

Given the size of today's Den, there's no guarantee of a Q&A session, but if the devs can't get to your questions today, they do save 'em for future Den's, so don't hold back if you've got questions.

ChampionRuby50g - " Seeing as we are nearing For Honors 1 year anniversary, is there anything special planned for it, such as new event mode or outfits?"

ThomHermans1 - "Are there any plans on reworking the revive system?

The_B0G_ - "Given the Vikings season long domination, can we be assured that the Faction War and asset algorithm worked as intended, given the outcome of Season 4?

Fady117 - ": are they aware of how AoE feats are breaking the fundamentals of the combat in 4v4s, and that they should be reworked/nerfed/replaced?

Fady117 - "Also, any news about how we can apply the look of Frost Wind weapons to higher tiers? and whether Change Look will become possible cross-tier?"

Kryltic - "Could you look into more protection for players who are attacked upon respawning?

Kryltic - "Will you just be buffing all/most of the original characters to the level of the DLC ones or will you looking to buff older ones and weaken newer ones to even out their power levels? "

seaners95 - "With dedicated servers just around the corner, do the devs currently have any plans to expand the game even further in terms of number of players per match? for example a 6v6 or 8v8 game mode?"

For Honor
Season V
Age of Wolves
15th February, 2018

Recap

And we're live.

News;
Compensation for last weeks outages went out today, everyone gets melee packs.

They've lowered the threshold for AFK farming, both in PvP and PvAI. As soon as you're caught, you're banned for 3 days for First Offence.
Second offence, longer ban, they're thinking about resetting character accounts for third offences.
They'll roll out sanctions every 48 hours starting with Season 5.

New Game Mode Event; Realistic Tribute.
New rules; no fight widget, no UI, only 1 revive, no radar and No Revenge.

No Community Order this week, postponed until next week.

Execution Sale; All 7000 Steel Executions are now 5000 Steel.

Season 4 wrap up with Bio;

Apparently people sort of gave up when it became apparent the Vikings would win, hence the large Viking territory gains.
Bio discourages new players from joining Vikings.
Brief video showcasing the season 4 rewards for each faction.
Damien confirms the bug with the faction war Emblem Symbol, they checked and fixed it on their end, but won't get patched until the Season 5 patch.

New Content of the Week; Mythic Outfits.

Knights; Brushed Stone
Vikings; Cosmic Dreams
Samurai; Tiger Bloom

Everyone agrees Vikings got the best one.

They're back, Roman appears out of nowhere.

Season V Age of Wolves reveal trailer.

Season 5 will focus on new content, reworking older heroes, balance and the dedicated servers.
No new gear rarity, but will introduce Gear Refinement.
You can spend Salvage to buy XP Boosts, that'll boost you and people playing with you.
Narrative based Trials for new players.
Arena Training Mode.
Players can equip different Effects for each Execution and Emote.
Tribute will become the Ranked Objective Mode instead of Dominion. Will feature more rewards.

Roman asks Eric "Why Age of Wolves?" They have a lot to say about that, but not today...

Update on the dedicated servers will come soon.

Major Hero Updates;

Updated Moveset for Kensei/Conq
New Animations for Kensei/Conq

Major balancing updates for Berserker, Nobushi and Highlander.

The fight team has detailed blog posts about these changes, they'll go live before Season 5 launches.

The goal is to bring all the old characters up to par with the newer characters.

XP Boost;

It's meant to give Salvage new utility in end game.
Allow players to control their progression better.
Can only be bought with Salvage.
Match based, 1 boost for 1 match.
Lower boost on all your teammates, it stacks.
Price increases every unlock and resets every day, it starts at 500 Salvage, caps at the 5th activation.

Bio demonstrates it. When you enter into any multiplayer match that rewards XP, you can unlock the Boost from the Hero Select Menu. RB on an Xbox One controller.
Once you've bought it, it won't disappear until you've completed a match. Won't be consumed if you disconnect, but will if you quit as part of the quit penalty.

XP Boosts can also be given out as rewards by the devs.

Refined Gear;

Further gear progression without making it mandatory.
The devs don't want to keep adding new gear rarities.
Lootable Legendary gear, some of which will be Refineable. Lootable from Rep 9.
Refining gear provides small gear stat boosts.
You can only refine Maxed Legendary Gear.

New Repution Level Cap;

From Rep 40 to Rep 50.

One Outfit per Reputation level from 40 to 50.

Faction War Updates;

Strategic Territories - Gives bonuses to the players of the faction controlling it.
Different types of territories provides different kinds of bonuses, from bonus XP to bonus troops.
Each faction control an even number of these at the start of each campaign, winning the other faction's strategic territory transfers that bonus to your faction.
The bonuses applies for all faction members.

Ranking Updates;

1v1 and 4v4 ranks will be reset with Season 5.
Season 5 will come with new tournament rewards.
Season 4 rewards can still be earned for a few more weeks.
4v4 ranked moves from Dominion to Tribute.

Multiple Effect Equipping;

Players can equip a different effect on each execution and on each emote slot.
You can have up to 9 different effect on 1 character.

Community Order System Update;

Players now need to participate in the Orders to collect the rewards.

The Pope reminds us to tune in to the Dens in case they slip up and reveal exciting new things.

Map Updates;

Duels on Citadel Gate; Spawn moved from the ledge bridge to the open ground just behind it.

Tribute on Tower Ruin; Offerings on each level of the Tower. Zip lines added to get out of the tower. Players respawn in the tower.

A challenge to the For Honor Community; Find the easter eggs in the last 2 DLC maps. Market Town, and Gauntlet. (I'm on this as soon as the Den's over).

Pope says next Den will be much bigger, on February 8th.

Q&A;

What is the point of off Season? - To change factions without penalty, and allow the devs to review the previous season's data.

Any news about how we can apply Frost Wind weapon looks to new weapons, and will there be cross tier looks? - It's happening, but not anytime soon.

They were going to wrap up, but Pope launched into a thrilling Costco pita bread story.

That's a wrap. And FadyOneHundredEighteen got a shout out from Damien, nice!

ChampionRuby50g
01-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Looks like you’ve got your work cut out for you today! Some very exciting news to cover.

My question is though: Seeing as we are nearing For Honors 1 year anniversary, is there anything special planned for it, such as new event mode or outfits?

Armosias
01-25-2018, 12:42 AM
This den is going to be tasty I guarantee it. Can't wait seeing this salvage solution for my 70K knight's iron.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 12:45 AM
This den is going to be tasty I guarantee it. Can't wait seeing this salvage solution for my 70K knight's iron.

Whatever salvage solution they've come up with better be a stroke of pure genius. I have over 500,000 Salvage at this point...

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 06:38 AM
Ask them whats the deal on the Vikings hammering everyone since the last faction war update, and what they are going to do to re balance it.

Not interested in how they deployed assets or any other reason for their win, they had no time to do anything today besides setting troops on all fronts and they are wrecking already, something isn't right.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Ask them whats the deal on the Vikings hammering everyone since the last faction war update, and what they are going to do to re balance it.

Not interested in how they deployed assets or any other reason for their win, they had no time to do anything today besides setting troops on all fronts and they are wrecking already, something isn't right.

Mind if i rephrase that into something more concise?

Mini1900
01-25-2018, 11:12 AM
I need this right NOW :D

Good job, i think ,it will be great !

ThomHermans1
01-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Question for de Devs:

Are there any plans on reworking the revive system?
Reviving a player has too much impact on a 4 vs 4 match. It makes it impossible to win in a gank because the enemy can just keep reviving each other for full HP
There is also a lack of animation for reviving a player. I would like to see an revive animation and I want to be able to buy more revive animations and effects just like the other animations.

Most game have a revive deadzone when an enemy is nearby.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 01:30 PM
Thanks yet again, Tundra! patiently waiting for your recap.

I'd like to ask if possible: are they aware of how AoE feats are breaking the fundamentals of the combat in 4v4s, and that they should be reworked/nerfed/replaced? And whether there are plans for that in the near future, possibly just after dedicated servers are released.

Also, I'd like to ask if it's possible to have 5 loadouts per character, with having three loadouts once you reach Rep1, as it is currently, and one more loadout slot when you reach Rep5, and then one more when you reach Rep8. I've heard say before that there was some tech/engine limitation pertaining to increasing inventory size per character, but I don't see how giving a total of 5 loadouts would negatively impact the game's engine. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Also, any news about how we can apply the look of Frost Wind weapons to higher tiers? and whether Change Look will become possible cross-tier?

These are the most shallow questions I can ask currently (if they get answered). I obviously have much deeper concerns, but I know they'll inherently take a colossal amount of work and modifications, so I won't bother bringing those points up right now. Maybe later. Thanks again, my friend.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Mind if i rephrase that into something more concise?

Sure.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 02:27 PM
Sure.

I tried to make it more diplomatic, but I hope it conveys your message accurately. If not just let me know, and we'll work it out.

Armosias
01-25-2018, 02:45 PM
Also, I'd like to ask if it's possible to have 5 loadouts per character
They've answered this a few dens ago, just like inventory space it's more of a technical issue right now, but they'll try to grant us more loadouts if possible.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 02:54 PM
They've answered this a few dens ago, just like inventory space it's more of a technical issue right now, but they'll try to grant us more loadouts if possible.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I usually never watch Dens, I only read recaps. Only two Dens I've watched were this past one and the one before it.

If more loadouts and more inventory space are a game engine problem, I'm starting to feel For Honor's engine is rather a bit weak. But I digress. I know nothing of game engine programming.

Actually, this is all the problem of the RNG loot, the inability to store gear, the inability to Change Look cross-tier, the inability to 'register' the looks of gears you loot/acquire. Instead of increasing inventory size, which is just a bandaid, they should modify much deeper things in the entire framework of how For Honor is built. I made a thread about it last month and it went unnoticed.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 02:56 PM
I tried to make it more diplomatic, but I hope it conveys your message accurately. If not just let me know, and we'll work it out.

It's worded much more clearly than I originally wrote, looks good. Thanks.

Kryltic
01-25-2018, 03:10 PM
Have you thought about changing up the Dominion game mode to give it a new breath of life?
(I can always provide a few ideas of mine.)

Could you look into more protection for players who are attacked upon respawning? Maybe increase the spawn protection by a few seconds.
(This doesn't happen often but when it does its annoying, even to watch.)

Will you just be buffing all/most of the original characters to the level of the DLC ones or will you looking to buff older ones and weaken newer ones to even out their power levels?

SwellChemosabe
01-25-2018, 03:53 PM
I know it's kind of a "beating a dead horse" sort of thing but i do have one question.

With dedicated servers just around the corner, do the devs currently have any plans to expand the game even further in terms of number of players per match? for example a 6v6 or 8v8 game mode? If so, is there a spitball figure of time for when we can expect that to occur?

Kryltic
01-25-2018, 05:28 PM
Will the weaker feats in the game get any improvements? Smoke Bombs had a lot of work done to them and yet Iron Lungs, Long Bow and Arrow Strike are ignored. All of these are found in the Samurai faction and all are terrible.

Iron Lungs is the worst feat made. It is virtually useless. Personally I would have it do something like give a stamina pool boost.
Long Bow is a slower version of the Javelin but both do similar damage.
Arrow Strike has a tiny area of effect and is easy to dodge/avoid. I would scrap this one entirely and just create a new one.

Knight_Raime
01-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Oh I got a question. Have the developers seen Shaman's wild cats rage indicator bug? if so when can we expect a fix?

CandleInTheDark
01-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Thanks Tundra!

So impressions on this.

I love the colour scheme, I have been more impressed by them over time, and Age of Wolves certainly fits as the title given the balancing priority. It will be interesting to see the new animations and what they do with the nobushi, highlander and berserker without animations.

XP I am a little less upset with the xp boost than I thought I would be with the concept, it seems small enough that it isn't as abuseable as I feared when they first mentioned it. The strategic points sound interesting but damnit if there isn't one on the damn volcano good luck knights in keeping any of them.

I am kind of disappointed in refinement, it strikes me as a stealth rep level raise. Now it is only relevant to people who max out gear (I don't) but now you have to be rep nine to have a chance.The only thing that makes it anywhere near ok is that it is a small boost, but I won't be grinding to nine as I do to seven to be certain.

Training mode looks interesting, and effects on executions. More map refinement and dedicated servers coming soon are always good things.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 07:09 PM
Oh I got a question. Have the developers seen Shaman's wild cats rage indicator bug? if so when can we expect a fix?

The Den had started when you posted, so the question didn't make it to the guys today, but I'll add it later, and see If it can get saved for next week.

Den's recapped for this week. There was a ton of data, so I'll probably try to refine the technical stuff later, and if anyone sees I missed something important, or got something wrong please point it out. I'll be collecting questions again next week, and post them in the recap thread, so everyone has a week to think of something interesting/funny to ask, and I'll try to have the recap thread up as early as possible so the devs have a chance to give 'em a glance.

Knight_Raime
01-25-2018, 07:17 PM
The Den had started when you posted, so the question didn't make it to the guys today, but I'll add it later, and see If it can get saved for next week.

Den's recapped for this week. There was a ton of data, so I'll probably try to refine the technical stuff later, and if anyone sees I missed something important, or got something wrong please point it out. I'll be collecting questions again next week, and post them in the recap thread, so everyone has a week to think of something interesting/funny to ask, and I'll try to have the recap thread up as early as possible so the devs have a chance to give 'em a glance.

thanks bunches. appreciate you.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 08:00 PM
Would have been nice if they answered more than two questions, especially two as pointless to gameplay as the ones they answered.

I'd like an answer about Faction War balances before the next season starts. With the changes coming according to the den, it's going to be even harder to beat the vikings once they go up 20 territories and makes more sense to hop to another faction in the off season.

I haven't switched once since I started playing but if we have to pile on to Vikings to balance this for them, so be it.

UbiJurassic
01-25-2018, 08:03 PM

Are you talking about the one you pointed out (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1793083-warriors-den-didnt-mention-aramusha?p=13129571&viewfull=1#post13129571)towards the end of November?

In regards to that, the team has definitely been able to reproduce it and it's been flagged for the team. As for when a fix will be implemented, we don't have that information yet. We'll be sure to let players know when that information becomes available.

Knight_Raime
01-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Are you talking about the one you pointed out (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1793083-warriors-den-didnt-mention-aramusha?p=13129571&viewfull=1#post13129571)towards the end of November?

In regards to that, the team has definitely been able to reproduce it and it's been flagged for the team. As for when a fix will be implemented, we don't have that information yet. We'll be sure to let players know when that information becomes available.

yeah that one. good to know that they're aware of it and are looking into ways to fix it. I know some would complain that there is no current date on a fix but i'm just glad that it's been seen and flagged as an actual bug. thanks Jurassic. This day just feels even better now with for honor.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 08:32 PM

Thank you so much for the awesome recap, I've just checked it out. And will be re-checking later when you add all the little techies.

Who's this Fady118?? :p never heard of.... but sounds like him and I could be the best of buddies!

http://briff.me/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Star-Trek-the-Next-Generation-Tales-From-the-Set-Riker-and-Picard.jpg

Alright so, what I like from the recap:

- Taking actions against AFK abuse (finally)
- New outfits, will check them later when I turn on
- The name of Season 5
- Arena Training Mode / Training Room
- Different effects on executions and emotes
- Tribute will be the Ranked Objective instead of Dominion
- Duel location in Citadel Gate changed to a better location

So far nothing pretty solid on character reworks, but I digress, I have yet to watch the Den (I'm just waiting till Youtube adapts auto-generated subtitles so I can finally watch it). However this XP boost thing, as well as the Refined Max Gear, are questionable. Like, we spend Salvage, as a mini 'champion status'? besides, for the Salvage cost and for what little overall XP boost it yields (because it's a pay-per-match), I suppose it's more of a Salvage cost than XP gain. It will drain you of Salvage faster than you accumulate XP. At most, it's like 2 free days of XP (instead of grinding for 2 days straight, you get those via XP boosts, which should be like 2 reputation levels at most) for, like, 100K Salvage. That sounds dumb. And the fact that Dominion awards the most XP, the go-to mode for XP boosts would be Dominion; and given the current P2P state with constant disconnects, I think this is forcing Dominion even further upon us, before even the dedicated servers arrive.
But, again, I must test it out myself, see how much boost it can give, for what Salvage cost. But I'll most probably not enjoy it. At least it doesn't disappear if you face a disconnect / error / crash. That's nice.

And Refined Max Gear? why? people are already complaining about gear stat unfair advantages, and we're still running on the same comical matchmaker, and on P2P... don't they think they could have left the Refined Max Gear concept until dedicated servers came, and the matchmaker did its job better at properly matching people with equal tiers/skills? bah.

And not a fan of the max rep increase to 50. Reaching 40 is already hard. Really hard. And next thing I know, those extra 10 reputation outfits will be recycles of other outfits. I'll check once I turn on and confirm whether they are new stuff or recycles.

Thanks yet again, my friend. I will be popping this thread on again tomorrow, to watch the Den with subtitles, and to check whether additional info has been added.

CandleInTheDark
01-25-2018, 08:43 PM
Tundra, I tagged Eric on reddit asking him if they might consider some of those questions and fredex replied saying you sent them over so they know about them, assuming they have been passed on.

Koncrissant
01-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Bring old characters at the same level of the New Ones!

Im preety sure they screw everything up!

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 09:33 PM
Would have been nice if they answered more than two questions, especially two as pointless to gameplay as the ones they answered.

We were warned beforehand that it was a packed Den today, we're actually lucky they had time for 2 questions. But like I mention in the OP; The questions are saved, and I'll make a note of yours specifically for next week.

Tundra, I tagged Eric on reddit asking him if they might consider some of those questions and fredex replied saying you sent them over so they know about them, assuming they have been passed on.

Aye, I asked Fred about it before the Den started, and he told me he'd send our questions over to the team, and assured me they'll be saved for future Dens as well. There's never a guarantee all the questions we want answered will get answered, but just know that the team gets them, and I'll probably keep this Forum Question part of future Den recaps.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 09:55 PM
They easily could have answered more questions, they went on for 5 mins about costco before they ended the stream.

T1brys
01-25-2018, 09:56 PM
so whats the next stealthnerf on the conq?

eliminating his already very limited moveset, and restricting him to the minion lane? or just eliminate him from the roster ?

he's recived nothing but nerfs.. he was already the weakest heavy, and now he is even weaker.

the devs really hate the conq, and no, dont bother to use the argument " he is getting reworked ", thats somewhere in the future, they need to patch this **** before they can patch something else. revert the change, just like you done earlier.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 10:04 PM
so whats the next stealthnerf on the conq?

eliminating his already very limited moveset, and restricting him to the minion lane? or just eliminate him from the roster ?

he's recived nothing but nerfs.. he was already the weakest heavy, and now he is even weaker.

the devs really hate the conq, and no, dont bother to use the argument " he is getting reworked ", thats somewhere in the future, they need to patch this **** before they can patch something else. revert the change, just like you done earlier.

Feb 8th is the next season when reworks and balances get released. Conq got nerfed because he was so limited, that was the issue, his only strength was shield base into heavy spam. It was too cancerous to let go on. His superior block nerf was supposed to come with the rework in the new season, they said it was a mistake, it wasn't intended.

Tundra 793
01-25-2018, 10:10 PM
Feb 8th is the next season when reworks and balances get released. Conq got nerfed because he was so limited, that was the issue, his only strength was shield base into heavy spam. It was too cancerous to let go on. His superior block nerf was supposed to come with the rework in the new season, they said it was a mistake, it wasn't intended.

Actually It's February 15th, not 8th.

But you're right, the removal of Superior Block was a small part of his rework that somehow made it into the most recent patch, unintentionally.
If the developers aren't going to bring it back before Season 5 launches, It's because they'd have to remove it again in 3 weeks, so that'd be a lot of work for something they're taking out anyway shortly.

The_B0G_
01-25-2018, 10:13 PM
Oops my bad. Thought he said 8th. A year and a day after release is all I remembered lol

CandleInTheDark
01-25-2018, 10:15 PM
Oops my bad. Thought he said 8th. A year and a day after release is all I remembered lol

They said we might get our first look at some of it on the 8th when they do the season launch stream so that might be where you got that from.

T1brys
01-25-2018, 10:44 PM
well, they can fix the block, or keep sticking their head in the sand and pretend that it dosnt exist

so will they show how bad they dislike the conq, or will they do the right thing and get it back, since this was " unintended " it becomes a bug and anyone that abuses it will hopefully be reported for it.

bmason1000
01-26-2018, 12:15 AM
So what constitutes afk "farming?" Currently there's a kick with a 10 minute ban. Is that ban going to be an auto 3 day ban now, or is "farming" exclusive to showing a pattern of afk boots? I once got booted while i was typing a psn message. I wasn't "farming," i was responding to a player i was currently matched with. Will that be a 3 day ban next time?

Tundra 793
01-26-2018, 12:17 AM
So what constitutes afk "farming?" Currently there's a kick with a 10 minute ban. Is that ban going to be an auto 3 day ban now, or is "farming" exclusive to showing a pattern of afk boots? I once got booted while i was typing a psn message. I wasn't "farming," i was responding to a player i was currently matched with. Will that be a 3 day ban next time?

Fairly certain it won't work like that. The game has some sort of auto detect feature, and they factor in reports as well. But they did say on the Den, that there's always a human reviewing the cases, so if your stats don't show any AFK like behavior, you're good.

The_B0G_
01-26-2018, 12:30 AM
If caught for afking it is an automatic 3 day ban though, if it happens again you could have your stats reset, and they also said they would look into doing it to multiple accounts that you have as well because they know when people have multiple accounts and can link them.

CandleInTheDark
01-26-2018, 01:19 AM
On reddit, someone was complaining about having been banned for no reason he knew and Eric chimed in with that the numbers showed that he had had a number of elimination games (can't remember the number but certain it was double figures) that he had ended with a score of zero and had also been reported by players numerous times, so I doubt one afk boot (happened to me in skirmish when 4 year old nephew needed attention NOW) will affect things.

bmason1000
01-26-2018, 02:11 AM
Fairly certain it won't work like that. The game has some sort of auto detect feature, and they factor in reports as well. But they did say on the Den, that there's always a human reviewing the cases, so if your stats don't show any AFK like behavior, you're good.

On reddit, someone was complaining about having been banned for no reason he knew and Eric chimed in with that the numbers showed that he had had a number of elimination games (can't remember the number but certain it was double figures) that he had ended with a score of zero and had also been reported by players numerous times, so I doubt one afk boot (happened to me in skirmish when 4 year old nephew needed attention NOW) will affect things. That makes a lot of sense. I assumed they would make a distinction between afk "farming" and "i got booted just now because sometimes dude, life happens." Because a 3 day ban and potential account reset for that would be absurd.

bob333e
01-26-2018, 06:04 AM
That makes a lot of sense. I assumed they would make a distinction between afk "farming" and "i got booted just now because sometimes dude, life happens." Because a 3 day ban and potential account reset for that would be absurd.

Yeah I agree, I thought of this as well. I frequently message people when a duel starts and sometimes I get booted for standing still for around 1 minute or less.

Bans should be based on statistics. If data shows the user has zero scores in several subsequent matches (and they're usually 4v4s), that person is most likely AFKing.

I think they should implement a counter for the auto AFK kick, like, if it happens 3 times in a row, you're penalized for 30mins. Which boots you back to the main menu. This is a safe bet to ensure people who had to deal with irl emergencies and left their game on would not be counted as AFK farmers and unjustly get banned / get their accounts reset.

T1brys
01-26-2018, 11:18 AM
Still waiting for the answer from ubisoft, but I guess they keep their heads in the sand

bob333e
01-26-2018, 01:30 PM
Alright so, little update. I have just finished watching the entire Den on Youtube.

First of all, I wish to thank the following:

- Tundra793, for forwarding my question to FredEx
- FredEx, for passing my question towards Eric Pope
- Eric Pope and Damien Kieken, for addressing my question in the Den. Thank you guys. Much obliged.

I'm now actually more inclined to think, the XP Boost mechanic is likeable. It starts at 500 Salvage for 1 boost for 1 match, then goes up to like 2,000 Salvage I assume, and it stays at that cap, then the prices get reset on the next day. Now most of us have heroes sitting at Legendary Tier (rep7-8), and with the RNG loot, most of what we loot goes to scrap, and each Legendary item is worth between 200 and 220 Salvage. So for each two Legendary items we Salvage, we can buy 1 XP boost at its starting price.

This seems fair considering the wide diversity of the playerbase ranging from old players since beta who have like 2mil Salvage, and new players who barely hold 30K. It prevents the old players from abusing XP farming, while also staying cost-friendly to new players; however it still forces new players to at least get 1 hero to Legendary Tier so that they can pile up Salvage faster.

The XP gain per 1 boost is 250XP also for the same reason to avoid XP gain abuse, let's also not forget, levels 1 to 10 while leveling up are filled up faster than levels 11 - 21, so this XP Boost makes for a helpful new addition for the first half of a reputation. For the second half (levels 11 - 21) yeah it's not worth it, it'll require too much Salvage. A nice little side reward is that the XP Boosts also stack between teammates, so the XP gain will almost always be above 250XP given that there's at least 1 other guy in your team who also has XP Boost. What I especially like is that you don't lose the XP Boost if you switch hero, or go back to the main menu, or get disconnected / game crashes. You only lose it if you quit mid-match. This is fair. And you can use your Legendary Tier hero to scrap Legendary gear, and then buy XP Boosts and use them on another, lower-level hero. This is a nice little dynamic.

Other than that, there are the Faction War boosts now. The mills, castles, and forges that give XP boost, troop boost, and loot boost respectively, these will encourage further Faction War participation and they also said it stacks with XP Boost and with Champion Status and whether there is a Extra Loot event happening. All of these modules coupled together, under ideal circumstances, make for an effectively higher XP and loot boost during matches, if you add: Champion Status, orders, XP Boost, and Faction War boosts. That's not bad. They're nice little boosts.

I'm not entirely sure about the Refined Gear thing, it does seem like a minimal addition to level 30 gear, plus this upgrade costs 800 Steel so yeah, that's two daily orders of worth on a minimalistic percentage buff. Not sure how to feel about this yet. It's true that the daily orders take like 10mins to complete, but some of us have lists of must-buys and we are trying to collect Steel (especially with the recently added Mythic Outfits), and let's not forget Change Look still costs hella at Legendary Tier (at least 455 Steel). So only do this upgrade if you're 110% sure you won't be changing gear at all on your hero / loadout.

I really like the multi-effect equipping, I as well as some others on this forum requested this a long while back, it's nice to know it's finally getting implemented. And it's a nice incentive to buy more effects. It also helps a little in the lack of loadout slots, we can mix up effects on the same loadout.

I'm mostly looking forward to the new arena mode, character reworks, and new armor and new weapons. Can't wait to hear more on the next Den. Also @Tundra, I'll be preparing questions for the next Den as well.

Cyricke
01-26-2018, 02:10 PM

You've been made aware of a bug and then able to identify it and reproduce it since November. However, no solution, no information regarding a solution. Regardless of the fact it's one bug that's been known for over a month.

How is that acceptable? How is there so much fluff content pushed out while small bugs that obviously affect gameplay across all modes are unable to be resolved in a timely manner?

Seriously the devs are jokes. All these crappy Ubisoft multiplayer games have one glaring common denominator.

I'm going to go-to work and be made aware of an issue that affects the entire customer base and have nothing to show for it 60+ days since issue was found. Our customers will definitely stay loyal to us and know that we put them at the center of what we do that way.

BlowHard74728
01-27-2018, 04:39 PM
Any clue on the easter eggs? I've been through both maps and can't find anything

UbiJurassic
01-27-2018, 08:26 PM
Any clue on the easter eggs? I've been through both maps and can't find anything

The one on Market Town was apparently found. The last I heard about Gauntlet was the following hint:

"It puts the egg in Easter Egg. Weather/Time of Day may influence its appearance."

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 10:29 PM
The one on Market Town was apparently found. The last I heard about Gauntlet was the following hint:

"It puts the egg in Easter Egg. Weather/Time of Day may influence its appearance."

I'm looking through the market town in custom skirmish, the time of day and weather comment is interesting to me, when selecting market town, I have dawn, snowy day or night, if weather is a thing then my guess is that it must be one of the day time ones. Snow is the only specific weather mentioned so having a wonder around that map.

Edit and of course I am in the one already been found >.< lol

Tundra 793
01-27-2018, 10:35 PM
I'm looking through the market town in custom skirmish, the time of day and weather comment is interesting to me, when selecting market town, I have dawn, snowy day or night, if weather is a thing then my guess is that it must be one of the day time ones. Snow is the only specific weather mentioned so having a wonder around that map.

The Market Town one was found yesterday by a Reddit user, and I don't believe that one is actually activated by certain game mode/weather combinations. It's just a large mural with a Seven Samurai reference painted on it.

Eddie's hint only applies to the Gauntlet map. Though I've perused it since he said there was an easter egg there in several game modes, and in different weather. Nothing yet.

CandleInTheDark
01-27-2018, 10:37 PM
The Market Town one was found yesterday by a Reddit user, and I don't believe that one is actually activated by certain game mode/weather combinations. It's just a large mural with a Seven Samurai reference painted on it.

Eddie's hint only applies to the Gauntlet map. Though I've perused it since he said there was an easter egg there in several game modes, and in different weather. Nothing yet.

Yeah I just realised on a re-read. Gauntlet, there is day, cloudy dusk and snowy day, having a look in snowy day first with the same logic.

FTSVectors
01-28-2018, 03:46 AM
I'm really hopeful from what I watched on the stream and the trailers. It all has me super pumped and I can't wait until it all comes out.

The only thing I wonder is how they are changing Nobushi. As a nobushi main(and no, I'm not one those pure bleed ones, something a lot of people give me credit for) I'm just curious how she'll be changed. She is one of those characters that is easy to get into, but rather hard to master, seeing as how you are supposed to basically chain everything in her moveset.

Sadly as said on the stream, a lot of people one trick her, which is sad since she can be very creative and fun.

Either way I'll play her but I do want to know if the change is huge or rather small in how it'll affect her at the mastery level.

Well, keep up the good work dev team!

T1brys
01-28-2018, 10:06 PM
Still no fix to the conqs superior block bug? Or are ubisoft still telling the conq to f-off?

ChampionRuby50g
01-29-2018, 12:52 AM
Still no fix to the conqs superior block bug? Or are ubisoft still telling the conq to f-off?

Why would they spend time and money reverting a single mistake they made early when they have a massive patch coming in a few weeks time. Hey aren’t telling him to f-off, they’re fixing him in due time. Just be patient and stop posting about it every second hour because the sheer amount of spam is not needed.

T1brys
01-29-2018, 01:21 AM
I think you misunderstood me, it's about them fixing the bug he currently have. Nothing more

Kryltic
01-29-2018, 09:35 PM
I think you misunderstood me, it's about them fixing the bug he currently have. Nothing more

You seem to have ignored everything you've been told already. The Conqueror losing his Superior Block is not a bug but is intentional. It was just released earlier than intended and is part of the huge update he will be receiving in around 2 weeks time.

T1brys
01-29-2018, 11:48 PM
that is not helpful in the present time that we are living in. theres no patchnote about this or changelog, then what happends when the rework is out is a different story.

But for now the issue should be resolved and not brushed under the rug

Kryltic
01-30-2018, 01:06 AM
You're still ignoring it. They don't need to give him back his Superior Block only to remove it again in 2 weeks. Just deal with it and get excited for his update!

T1brys
01-30-2018, 02:25 AM
You're still ignoring it. They don't need to give him back his Superior Block only to remove it again in 2 weeks. Just deal with it and get excited for his update!

No, I'm pointing the flaw and the big fu from the devs out to the conq, if anyone is iqnoring something, it's those who really love the fact that the conq is even more broken then before and yes, they do need to restore it before the rework comes out.

But I guess you're one of those who hates that hero just as much as the rest of the community and the devs is. I can't stop wondering if the reaction would be the same if it would have been the same reaction if it was the raider or any other popular hero that got the core removed. I doubt it. Just look at what they did to the centurion or any other hero they rolled back the nerf on due to the community's feedback, but when it comes to the conq it's ok to stealth nerf him and brush him under the rug like it doesn't matter.

So ubisoft needs to get their heads out of the sand and fix this just like they have done in the past with certain popular heros, they do have the data backed up so it's not harder then to send a earlier patch out.

Tundra 793
01-30-2018, 02:44 AM
So ubisoft needs to get their heads out of the sand and fix this just like they have done in the past with certain popular heros, they do have the data backed up so it's not harder then to send a earlier patch out.

This'll be the last time this issue is addressed in this thread, it was answered the very day this accident became known, and that should have been enough answer for all Conqs.

The developers are very well aware that this small part of the Conqs rework was unintentionally released. It's entirely out of our hands whether or not they will fix it before Season 5 launches in 3 weeks time.

How easy/hard the issue is to fix is completely irrelevant at this point, the forums have been spammed with repeated requests by Conq mains for news about it, but posting more will not magically conjure up the answer you all want, all it does it make your fellow forum users annoyed at having to keep reading the same question over, and over, and over again.

T1brys, you're sadly not the first Conq main to do this, but you're now posting so frequently about the exact same thing, it's easy to consider it spam, and you're liable to be reported for it. And seriously, it's not worth the consequences you'll face to try and force a response when there's none to give.

I personally promise all Conq mains here, I'll inform everyone when, or indeed If there's any news about this issue before Season 5 launches, and I'll have Fred or Jurassic pin the response to the very top of the forum for you all to see.

But if this issue is brought up again in this thread, I'll just ask them to lock it until the next recap thread goes up this Thursday.

EDIT; In case anyone missed it, this is the Official response from the team, provided by Fred a little over a week ago;

Hey everyone, this was discussed on the Warrior's Den today. This was a very small piece of an upcoming change for Conq, that for some reason ended up going live a bit early. Keep in mind, this may not make a lot of sense in the current state, but with the full rework on the character it should be easier to understand. I'm still waiting on word if this will be fixed prior to the season 5 launch which is when the full reworks will be released. We'll keep you updated.

That is the whole, official and most recent response we've had about this issue.

PDXGorechild
01-30-2018, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to season 5 more than I was any of the previous seasons tbh.

I noticed somebody asked about 6v6 or 8v8 game modes, I second that. Or any new game modes at all. Surely this is the next port of call after the next major patch?

*Looks wistfully out the window, envisaging the full scale glory of an 8v8 siege..*

Soldier_of_Dawn
01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
With Multiple Effect Equipping, could you make it possible to combine two(or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote? The reasons are the following brainstorms:

COMBINED EFFECTS FOR EXECUTIONS:

Hellfire + Avalanche (for fire & ice fans)

Hellfire + Demonic Sacrifice

Hellfire + Eternal Damnation

Smoke + Hellfire

Eternal Damnation + Pulled Under

Smoke + Hellfire + Eternal Damnation + Demonic Sacrifice (for my 'burn in hell' theme)

Downpour + Thor's Strike

Bog Witch + Pulled Under

Bog Witch + Demonic Sacrifice

COMBINED EFFECTS FOR IDLE / EMOTE:

Eternal Damnation + Pulled Under

Pulled Under + Bats

Eternal Damnation + Pulled Under + Bats

Hellfire + Smoke

Eternal Damnation + Hellfire + Smoke

Sun Beam + Fire Flies

Avalanche + Death Mist

Cherry Blossom + Butterflies

Butterflies + Multicolored Circular Arc

Deep Freeze Dragon + Death Mist

Glacial Gryphon + Death Mist

The possible combinations are nearly endless and being able to combine effects would allow for more creativity, interesting themes, and more unique characters. What does everyone else think?