PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator

masen9999
01-24-2018, 04:23 AM
glad is good and has a nice move set but his defense or something seems really low im rep 7 and a berserker top heave takes about 3 bars same with alot of other heros glad takes alot of damage would it be a good idea to buff his defense a little?

ChampionRuby50g
01-24-2018, 04:40 AM
No. Glad is already strong enough as it is, he doesn’t need a buff in any aspects. If anything, he needs a few nerfs/tweaks, namely his zone attack.

bob333e
01-24-2018, 04:52 AM
Gladiator is still an assassin, don't let his armored head and arm fool you. He's the best feint master in For Honor, has amazing stamina management, has the most unblockables per hero (sitting at 5 unblockables), and his unblockable skewer heavy bleed attack can take half health and wallsplat for an extra heavy. And he's got the silliest zone in the game. Add dodge attacks, deflects, and good range. He really doesn't need any buffs to either attack or defense. Rather, he needs to have his zone attack revised because in most scenarios it guarantees damage, and the core problem with For Honor's combat is that it mainly revolves around guaranteed hits, for the most part.

Vrbas1
01-24-2018, 04:53 AM
He always seemed fragile to me. I'm Rep 8 with him but by no means a top tier or expert FH player. I often struggle to output significant damage with him as he is a "poker". Even PK's pokes can be followed up with bleeds, so she's stronger me thinks. If you can become proficient at deflects, his bleed skewer is an incredible tool. Otherwise it's poke poke poke.

bob333e
01-24-2018, 05:08 AM
He always seemed fragile to me. I'm Rep 8 with him but by no means a top tier or expert FH player. I often struggle to output significant damage with him as he is a "poker". Even PK's pokes can be followed up with bleeds, so she's stronger me thinks. If you can become proficient at deflects, his bleed skewer is an incredible tool. Otherwise it's poke poke poke.

- You get a guaranteed toestab after a light attack 90% of the time

- Heavy feint into GB and charged unblockable heavy feint into GB are amazingly fast and excellent bait tools (GB then heavy)

- His toestab becomes very dangerous on an OOS opponent, as it deals knockdown, this means free heavy (in some cases free heavy + free light)

- Quick forward dash shield bash, and guaranteed shield bash on parry which stuns your opponent, perfect to throw a feint and confuse them then go for a GB

- Zone attack guarantees a hit if you're up close, because the bash cannot be dodged unless your opponent has hyper-reaction time. Can also be cancelled after the bash

- Fastest feint recovery in the game, right up there with Shaman. And he has more stamina than Shaman

- You can backdodge to oblivion for safety whenever you're OOS

- Deflect guarantees a half-health damaging bleed hit which can also wallsplat

- Dash shield bash is spammable all you want to keep stunning your opponent out of his Stance Widget (just be mindful of recovery)

Your only straight disadvantage is if your side dash poke is blocked, it can net a free GB on you if your opponent is within GB range.

Keep in mind I also don't have the Glad unlocked (I use him in Practice Mode), pretty sure those who use Glad thoroughly can add even more to the above list. That's a pretty packed list.

The real poke hero is Valk, who would have absolutely nothing going for her, were it not for shield bash and spear sweep.

Vrbas1
01-24-2018, 05:21 AM
- You get a guaranteed toestab after a light attack 90% of the time

- Heavy feint into GB and charged unblockable heavy feint into GB are amazingly fast and excellent bait tools (GB then heavy)

- His toestab becomes very dangerous on an OOS opponent, as it deals knockdown, this means free heavy (in some cases free heavy + free light)

- Quick forward dash shield bash, and guaranteed shield bash on parry which stuns your opponent, perfect to throw a feint and confuse them then go for a GB

- Zone attack guarantees a hit if you're up close, because the bash cannot be dodged unless your opponent has hyper-reaction time. Can also be cancelled after the bash

- Fastest feint recovery in the game, right up there with Shaman. And he has more stamina than Shaman

- You can backdodge to oblivion for safety whenever you're OOS

- Deflect guarantees a half-health damaging bleed hit which can also wallsplat

- Dash shield bash is spammable all you want to keep stunning your opponent out of his Stance Widget (just be mindful of recovery)

Your only straight disadvantage is if your side dash poke is blocked, it can net a free GB on you if your opponent is within GB range.

Keep in mind I also don't have the Glad unlocked (I use him in Practice Mode), pretty sure those who use Glad thoroughly can add even more to the above list. That's a pretty packed list.

The real poke hero is Valk, who would have absolutely nothing going for her, were it not for shield bash and spear sweep.

His toe stab on OOS opponents takes significantly longer to perform (as the animation itself is different). Several of his moves are unsafe if blocked (like other characters). He's not a hero you can throw his kit around nilly willy. However, in the hands of a feint master (those of which I despise in this game) he can be incredibly annoying.

bob333e
01-24-2018, 05:24 AM
His toe stab on OOS opponents takes significantly longer to perform (as the animation itself is different). Several of his moves are unsafe if blocked (like other characters). He's not a hero you can throw his kit around nilly willy. However, in the hands of a feint master (those of which I despise in this game) he can be incredibly annoying.

I feel the real purpose of using him is feints and feint mixups. Of course straight pokes are easily read and countered. He's been given amazing feint recovery and a large stamina pool for a reason: to abuse the hell out of feints. He is annoying indeed. Annoying and unfair. But still a good challenge.

Vrbas1
01-24-2018, 05:29 AM
I feel the real purpose of using him is feints and feint mixups. Of course straight pokes are easily read and countered. He's been given amazing feint recovery and a large stamina pool for a reason: to abuse the hell out of feints. He is annoying indeed. Annoying and unfair. But still a good challenge.

I agree. His stamina pool is quite conducive to the feint meta (IMO way worse than defense meta). My only thoughts are he was given this to offset his low health pool, much like Centurion. Though that line of reasoning leaves one to wonder about poor Highlander.

bob333e
01-24-2018, 05:35 AM
I agree. His stamina pool is quite conducive to the feint meta (IMO way worse than defense meta). My only thoughts are he was given this to offset his low health pool, much like Centurion. Though that line of reasoning leaves one to wonder about poor Highlander.

Highlander was the only undertuned DLC hero of all the DLC cast. Poor guy needs some big tweaks. If I'm ever buying a DLC hero, it'll probably be Highlander. His style is so refreshing and new. I may actually buy him after he's been properly tweaked during Season 5.

The actual problem with For Honor is the guaranteed hits meta. It's the primary reason why turtling developed as a thing, and the primary reason why they added these steroid-fed DLC heroes to combat the defensive meta's symptoms, instead of directly addressing the root cause (and lo and behold, the DLC heroes are actually even better at turtling).

Parry changes are just as important as OG cast reworks, but it doesn't stop with parry; some heroes can still deal free damage in various ways.

Warp_11
01-24-2018, 06:03 AM
Centurion can take off 60-70% of your hp if he pushes you to a wall, idk how to stop that chain.
Shaman and raider can take off 50-60% of your hp if they push you to the ground.
This short time block feels very strange after maining lawbringer, even if I press up, my guard won't go up because it's already been there before so I have to put my guard to side and then up again? that's very strange and counter-intuitive tbh, don't know how assassins lived with this for so long.

Overall, I really like playing as gladiator, you can be aggressive and branch out your chains, while not being able to destroy your opponent in 1 go and knowing that every your move may cause death (to you).

Tyrjo
01-24-2018, 09:01 AM
If he needs anything it's a nerf. He's definitely in the S tier right now.

EvoX.
01-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Buff the 3rd most powerful hero in the game? Do you even play this game, or do you just main Gladiator?

He needs nerfs.

High-Horse
01-24-2018, 04:15 PM
Low health and short reflex are the only things that make Glad somewhat difficult and fair, it just needs its zone toned down.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
01-24-2018, 04:38 PM
Gladiator is perfect as is. He has moves for days, great stamina/recovery and hes agile. His side step and back dodge are quick as ish and will get you out of most situations, barring a wall being behind you. Leave my 2nd character be.