PDA

View Full Version : How to delete serial AC:B from PC???

vitalij2008
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Right now I am away from my PC for a while but I would like to install and play AC:B on "public" pc temporarly. So how can I delete AC:B or any game license, ubi account info from "public" PC after I had played?

P.S. Big fan of AC:B please answer soon!!!!

vitalij2008
04-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Right now I am away from my PC for a while but I would like to install and play AC:B on "public" pc temporarly. So how can I delete AC:B or any game license, ubi account info from "public" PC after I had played?

P.S. Big fan of AC:B please answer soon!!!!

KingDaniel0
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vitalij2008:
Right now I am away from my PC for a while but I would like to install and play AC:B on "public" pc temporarly. So how can I delete AC:B or any game license, ubi account info from "public" PC after I had played? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First try to un-install/remove the UBISoft GameLauncher File from the Public PC, after you have played the Game. Try not to save any Account Info (Username/password etc.), when you Log-in.

You can remove the Gamelauncher file, from the Windows Control Panel. Also manually delete any leftover folders from the installed path. The Entire game can also be uninstalled from the Control Panel, if you wish, but first remove the UBI GameLauncher file.

Btw, how will you install the Game ? From a DVD, or some other digital source ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

vitalij2008
04-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I have a Deluxe Digital Edition.Downloading it should not be a problem.

KingDaniel0
04-18-2011, 06:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vitalij2008:
I have a Deluxe Digital Edition.Downloading it should not be a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, but actually I forgot to mention and ask this important point. As you are going to install and Play the game on a PUBLIC computer, have you first taken the permission from the Owner of the PC, or the Cyber Cafe ?

Some PCs may not give you FULL rights to do the basic OS tasks, unless you are the Sole owner or ADMIN of that PC. Confirm this before doing any Install.

If you get a USER account on that PC, sometimes you may not have Full access to do all tasks (Though this is not always necessary). Security issues should also be taken into consideration on any Public Computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

vitalij2008
04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That's not a problem. I have all the permission I need and even more. I only want to find out how to delete some data.

So, all I undestood is how to delete account info. But what about serial key? You enter it when you start the game and perform an activation procedure.

So, how do you delete the serial key from PC? Deleting C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Game Launcher? Somewhere in Application Data ,Local Settings in Users folder???

KingDaniel0
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
So, all I undestood is how to delete account info. But what about serial key? You enter it when you start the game and perform an activation procedure.

So, how do you delete the serial key from PC? Deleting C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Game Launcher? Somewhere in Application Data ,Local Settings in Users folder??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have this game with me right now, so I'm not sure about the CD-KEY location. Not all games store this info on the computer.

Some store it under the Windows Registry, or the Game's Config file. But you don't have to worry, because nobody is going search the Registry, if it is indeed stored there for Brotherhood.

Just make sure not to select the option 'Remember Me', when you Log-in into your UBI account via the GameLauncher.

Btw, the CD-key is tied and linked to your UBI account, so even if someone finds it, he/she won't be able to use it again, imo. They might get this message, i.e.'This CD-KEY has already been used'. But anyways, some important folders to look when playing Brotherhood.

Try to delete them, or make a backup, after when you have finished playing the game.

C:\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\LauncherConfig\product_config.yml

Saved games are located here:

Win7 and Vista:
C:\Users\&lt;PC USERNAME&gt;\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saves

Win XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\&lt;PC USERNAME&gt;\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saves

-------------------------------------------------------------------

vitalij2008
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok, grazie amici http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif now I can assassinate around the globe and be annonymous all the time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif .