PDA

View Full Version : Character REWORK

Maxime_Qc-
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
Why do the devs are not sharing any information with us about those rework?

Do they dont care at all about our opinion ?!?

They should share ALL the information and discuss it with US not only between themself because WE ARE the player

We could help A LOT because i Feel like most of the time the player Allways have WAY BETTER idea and common sense then the devs ...

So we gonna get stuck with bad rework that none of us Will like because it Will ****ed our precious main FOR MONTH BEFORE wE GET a patch fix on it just because they didn't ask OUR opinion

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
Yes, the devs do care about our opinion, BUT, for every good idea that would be put forward from the community there will be plenty of bad ideas. The developers are more likely (contrary to popular belief) to have unbiased views on the heroes, unlike the player base. Yes, they havenít been to clear on what is happening with the reworks, but that is likely to change in the coming weeks when this season ends and we go into the off season. So another 2-3 weeks should see us getting tribes of info on it. We already know Conq is loosing his/her superior block due to the rework, and the devs say that will make a lot of sense once we get our eyes on it. We have to trust them on it.

I canít think of any other time a game developer has, according to player feedback, actually gone and reworked one of their base heroes/classes from the ground up. That alone is enough to be commended on. Itís going to be a matter of opinion if the reworks are good or not, but even then we wonít know until until 2+ weeks after they have released, as they are almost going to be like new DLC heroes.

Itís unfair to say we are going to get stuck with a poor rework when you donít even know what it entails. The dev team knows what these heroes need to to make them viable at high level gameplay, such as giving Beserker an UB opener. They know this due to player feedback. So In a way, you saying they donít listen/donít care has no grounding and is wrong. As well as this, if the reworks are, for whatever reason bad, it wonít be fixed with a patch. I highly doubt that after all the work theyíve been putting in for the last few months will just be either reverted or reworked again because a few people donít like the changes. They have other heroes to rework, they wonít be spending more time reworking the reworked heroes.

bob333e
01-22-2018, 02:15 PM
To piggyback on ChampionRuby, the devs have a much clearer and unobstructed view concerning how to improve the characters. They deliver equal care and attention and fairness to every single hero.

For each 1 good idea among the community, it will be followed by 10 bad ideas, and the devs will waste time filtering the good ones.

Also, reworks include mocap sessions for new animations. We the playerbase have nothing to do with that. Mocap sessions are an in-house thing, with models/performers/stuntmen who know what they are doing, and they know how the animations should be and should be played out, to fit with For Honor's game engine and the like. We the players know little about all of that and we're likely to waste their time than help them.

Given how the OG heroes were designed back when the dev team was still on a much steeper learning curve, and how the newer heroes came out, I'd say they have learned quite a lot, and improved in many areas. I'm fairly sure the reworks will be an improvement, not a setback. Only, we the players will have to re-dedicate like 2 weeks to re-learning new movesets.

Crossing fingers for good news very soon.

Maxime_Qc-
01-22-2018, 02:24 PM
Yeah they Will add a openner To m'y allready Good enought berserker....

So everyone Will now call it OP and will result in a sťries of future nerf ....

And if they touching the deflection or skull crusher for any reason in gonna fkn lose m'y **** ... or any fkn thing .. i really like him the way he is right Now. .. that's a no ******** character.. when you Get beat by it you got litteraly NOTHING To say !!!

They should even add a what i would call

( the skill zone ) in The game... where all good tier and all character that have ******** openner can't be play in this mode !...

And like you said .. they dont bother spending more time on it after because they have others thing To do so basicaly ... shut up and deal with it ....

And even if i never play The conqueror i Feel like removing this allready show the ******** and making me even more worry

ChampionRuby50g
01-22-2018, 02:41 PM

So everyone Will now call it OP and will result in a sťries of future nerf ....

And if they touching the deflection or skull crusher for any reason in gonna fkn lose m'y **** ... or any fkn thing .. i really like him the way he is right Now. .. that's a no ******** character.. when you Get beat by it you got litteraly NOTHING To say !!!

They should even add a what i would call

( the skill zone ) in The game... where all good tier and all character that have ******** openner can't be play in this mode !...

And like you said .. they dont bother spending more time on it after because they have others thing To do so basicaly ... shut up and deal with it ....

And even if i never play The conqueror i Feel like removing this allready show the ******** and making me even more worry

So much rage before you even know what is gonna happen, lol calm down.

You are basically saying here that because you arenít sure if you will like them they shouldnít really do anything because they risk invoking your wrath. That the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. Yeah nah, not the way the world works mate.

Also, your game mode will never take off. I can see it been constant low activity. All the heroes with no openers? Turtle meta heaven.

Well yeah, what about the heroes who would still be in dire need of a rework? All those Orochi players should just wait another 6 months because you arenít happy with the Beserker changes?

The people who will call Beserker OP just because heís been brought up to the standard of the other heroes are the same players who would pick Shaman, lose with Shaman and then call the other hero OP because they canít win with arguably the strongest hero in the cast. Basically, the players who refuse to adapt and learn, and think the fault lies within the game instead of their own shortcomings.

But damn, was it hard to understand what you where trying to get across with all those stars.

Knight_Raime
01-22-2018, 04:45 PM
We will probably get our first look/info dump about the reworks either this week or next. I don't know how far out season 5 is. But I can't imagine it being more than a month.
And everything i've read/heard seems like the reworks will drop WITH launch of season 5. Where as dedi's and parry changes have no date but are both supposed to drop in season 5 for sure. I think they said they wanted the parry changes to drop with launch of season 5 but it might get pushed back till later in the season...or was that the servers? ugh sorry aha.

Anyway as to why they haven't been walking with us the entire time of the reworks I can only guess it's so they could actually make progress. If we stopped them constantly to give feedback they'd never get done. It's true that our feedback is important and they do care. But they've been listening for a whole year. And combined with DLC heros seeing what does and doesn't work combined with our feedback on said dlc heros they should have had a solid base to work of in regards to said reworks. (this is my assumption anyway.)

FredEx919
01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
We'll share more details regarding the reworks in the coming weeks. Remember, some of the work here comes directly from feedback around the community. Even though you haven't seen the reworks in action, many of you have been giving your suggestions and ideas for what you would like to see from characters for quite a while now. Expect some more info on the upcoming season very soon.

PDXGorechild
01-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Get past gold tier in tournament and tell me he's already good enough.

I suspect they have listened, as many people have posted many threads over the past year based around what changes they would like to see made to their gimped character.

If they didn't listen then, they won't listen now. In which case just buckle up and hope for the best, it's their game, after all.

High-Horse
01-22-2018, 08:26 PM
Get past gold tier in tournament and tell me he's already good enough.

I suspect they have listened, as many people have posted many threads over the past year based around what changes they would like to see made to their gimped character.

If they didn't listen then, they won't listen now. In which case just buckle up and hope for the best, it's their game, after all.

^Exactly. Max, just have a little faith. The rework is being done by the same people who created the Zerker in the first place. They've had a lot of practice since then making and rebalancing new characters with vastly better kits.

T1brys
01-23-2018, 03:50 AM
Wait.. "unbiased views"? Suure, just like the cent when it came around and almost the whole community screamed for a balance?

I'm sorry, but when it comes to the conq, if this was an unintended nerf, it would be corrected already, this rework started out with removing the only thing the conq had, and i do believe that we will see him running around nude and acting like the true punching bag he has now become.

Yes, the devs do care about our opinion, BUT, for every good idea that would be put forward from the community there will be plenty of bad ideas. The developers are more likely (contrary to popular belief) to have unbiased views on the heroes, unlike the player base. Yes, they havenít been to clear on what is happening with the reworks, but that is likely to change in the coming weeks when this season ends and we go into the off season. So another 2-3 weeks should see us getting tribes of info on it. We already know Conq is loosing his/her superior block due to the rework, and the devs say that will make a lot of sense once we get our eyes on it. We have to trust them on it.

I canít think of any other time a game developer has, according to player feedback, actually gone and reworked one of their base heroes/classes from the ground up. That alone is enough to be commended on. Itís going to be a matter of opinion if the reworks are good or not, but even then we wonít know until until 2+ weeks after they have released, as they are almost going to be like new DLC heroes.

Itís unfair to say we are going to get stuck with a poor rework when you donít even know what it entails. The dev team knows what these heroes need to to make them viable at high level gameplay, such as giving Beserker an UB opener. They know this due to player feedback. So In a way, you saying they donít listen/donít care has no grounding and is wrong. As well as this, if the reworks are, for whatever reason bad, it wonít be fixed with a patch. I highly doubt that after all the work theyíve been putting in for the last few months will just be either reverted or reworked again because a few people donít like the changes. They have other heroes to rework, they wonít be spending more time reworking the reworked heroes.

Alustar.
01-23-2018, 04:01 AM
Wait.. "unbiased views"? Suure, just like the cent when it came around and almost the whole community screamed for a balance?

I'm sorry, but when it comes to the conq, if this was an unintended nerf, it would be corrected already, this rework started out with removing the only thing the conq had, and i do believe that we will see him running around nude and acting like the true punching bag he has now become.

Centurion wasn't that bad if you say and learned how to counter him. People's main problems with centurion were not knowing what the audience between light and heavy hits were, where quick have could come in, and how to parry his unblockable. Plus, anyone with dodge attacks shut centurion down, even in 4s.

T1brys
01-23-2018, 04:08 AM
Point is that this intended nerf to the conq can be easily reverted, he has been over nerfed enough and is already a character that's.. More or less just a punching bag until he gets help from the team, overnerfing him even more is just showing how little they care about their heroes in the game.

So they will either reverse the nerf or just say outright what they really think about the conq.

Would you be fine with removing the teleport on the ****nobi?

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 04:58 AM
Point is that this intended nerf to the conq can be easily reverted, he has been over nerfed enough and is already a character that's.. More or less just a punching bag until he gets help from the team, overnerfing him even more is just showing how little they care about their heroes in the game.

So they will either reverse the nerf or just say outright what they really think about the conq.

Would you be fine with removing the teleport on the ****nobi?

To repeat what's been stated across all the Conq threads; The removal of superior block was a small part of his rework, that was unintentionally released.
This also happened on a Thursday, which is usually followed by a Friday, which is almost always followed a weekend. The developers probably didn't have time until today to start looking into it properly, and deciding how to best proceed.

If they elect not to fix this unintended rework, it's because the rest of Conqs reworks are so very close to being released.

To put it in simpler terms; They took 1 wheel off your already old and rusted car, and you're justifiably upset about that. But in around a months time, you might discover they replaced that wheel with wings and a jet engine.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 05:22 AM
I am curious about the reworks of what is planned.

I hear highlander, Kensei, Shugoki and Conq are getting them.

Im also curious to see who else they plan for a rework.

I'd like to see a Centurion rework in the future((not near since others need it more)). And by rework, I mean complete change. Give him a sword and shield like IRL they used... remove the jab but keep the cutscene for when you GB/parry them OOS.

T1brys
01-23-2018, 05:26 AM
We don't know how close or far away the " remake" is, since we're not getting any info or updates about it.

they might just leave you with a side mirror and a " oops" note.

If they don't fix the " unintended leak", they intentionally crippled the conq even more and showed their true interest in the conq

If this really is a unintended thing it's not that hard to fix it, and when it's all done get it out to the live version.

Would you have the same stance if the shinobi got its teleport removed, or the pk's bleed?

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 05:38 AM
We don't know how close or far away the " remake" is, since we're not getting any info or updates about it.

they might just leave you with a side mirror and a " oops" note.

If they don't fix the " unintended leak", they intentionally crippled the conq even more and showed their true interest in the conq

If this really is a unintended thing it's not that hard to fix it, and when it's all done get it out to the live version.

Would you have the same stance if the shinobi got its teleport removed, or the pk's bleed?

PK would probably still be A tier with her bleed removed. :P

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 05:43 AM

Except we are. We know that the reworks are launching with Season 5. There's only 5/4 days left of this Season, you just have to add in 3-4 weeks of the Off Season, and boom, roughly 1 month from now the reworks will launch.

Just to clarify however; The Highlander is not getting a rework, he is merely getting buffed. The only heroes receiving reworks at the launch of Season 5 are; Conq, Kensei and Berserker.

The removal of Superior Block now I promise you, was wholly unintentional. Once the rest of his reworks take effect, you might find him an even stronger hero than before, even if he's missing Superior Block.

Hard or not, like I said, the developers probably only just today had the chance to dig into the issue, and if they still elect not to fix it, it's because greater things are just around the corner for all Conquerors.

If either of those were promised reworks a month away from that happening, yes. I'm a Rep 25 Berserker, I know the pain of playing underpowered, even neglected heroes.
But if we could suffer through all the issues For Honor's had so far, what's another 4 weeks, really?

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 05:48 AM
Except we are. We know that the reworks are launching with Season 5. There's only 5/4 days left of this Season, you just have to add in 3-4 weeks of the Off Season, and boom, roughly 1 month from now the reworks will launch.

Just to clarify however; The Highlander is not getting a rework, he is merely getting buffed. The only heroes receiving reworks at the launch of Season 5 are; Conq, Kensei and Berserker.

The removal of Superior Block now I promise you, was wholly unintentional. Once the rest of his reworks take effect, you might find him an even stronger hero than before, even if he's missing Superior Block.

Hard or not, like I said, the developers probably only just today had the chance to dig into the issue, and if they still elect not to fix it, it's because greater things are just around the corner for all Conquerors.

If either of those were promised reworks a month away from that happening, yes. I'm a Rep 25 Berserker, I know the pain of playing underpowered, even neglected heroes.
But if we could suffer through all the issues For Honor's had so far, what's another 4 weeks, really?

NOOOOO My higherlander is only getting buffed?!

Jeez....

I really dont see what a buff would do unless they are giving a feint to his celtic curse.

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 05:50 AM
A lot of Highlander's, myself included, have felt that all he ever needed was a tweak in his numbers to be really good. He has a great and varied kit, but he attacks too slow, and does too little damage compared to the amount of Stamina he consumes.

All of these flaws just requires a few number tweaks, and he's good to go, so I'm very optimistic about it.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 05:52 AM
A lot of Highlander's, myself included, have felt that all he ever needed was a tweak in his numbers to be really good. He has a great and varied kit, but he attacks too slow, and does too little damage compared to the amount of Stamina he consumes.

All of these flaws just requires a few number tweaks, and he's good to go, so I'm very optimistic about it.

I actually agree but think he could use a safer Celtic curse. Ergo a feint on it. But only on the downward stroke.

But yes more damage at least on the top heavies.

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 05:54 AM
Thing is though, Celtic Curse has a built in feint. When you initiate it, It's a Top Heavy, It takes additional input to turn it into a Side Heavy. If you give it a hard feint, along with the buffs, our Highlander might end getting too OP and making all the Centurions cry.

Jazz117Volkov
01-23-2018, 05:56 AM
I believe the devs, internally, prefer the word "update" for what they're doing. It's not like they're rebuilding each of the characters, they're simply updating them.

I expect at least a few new moves for each kit, but for the most part I'd say we'll see more feint and mix-up opportunities with optimized damage and stamina cost.

Zone attacks are likely to get redone though. Most of the vanilla zones are trash: Kensei, Valk, Conq, etc. Pretty worthless.

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 05:58 AM
I believe the devs, internally, prefer the word "update" for what they're doing. It's not like they're rebuilding each of the characters, they simply updating them.

I expect at least a few new moves for each kit, but for the most part I'd say well see more feint and mix-up opportunities with optimized damage and stamina cost.

To the best of my knowledge, rework has been the term used most by the developers to describe what they're doing. While we have no idea yet what they entail, we do know they've had people doing new motion capture related to the reworks.

I lean more towards rework, as update might not be sufficient to describe the changes.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 05:58 AM
Thing is though, Celtic Curse has a built in feint. When you initiate it, It's a Top Heavy, It takes additional input to turn it into a Side Heavy. If you give it a hard feint, along with the buffs, our Highlander might end getting too OP and making all the Centurions cry.

Eh... I usually never get caught by any part of the celtic curse. Generally I either A. Deflect it or B. Parry it.

Its the kick into grab that gets me xD

Tundra 793
01-23-2018, 06:00 AM
Eh... I usually never get caught by any part of the celtic curse. Generally I either A. Deflect it or B. Parry it.

Its the kick into grab that gets me xD

While i know It's quite useless and drains all mah stamina, I do like feinting the Offensive Heavy into the Kick, which I then feint into grab. It's panic inducing, but damn near harmless.
Great fun.

Jazz117Volkov
01-23-2018, 06:01 AM
To the best of my knowledge, rework has been the term used most by the developers to describe what they're doing. While we have no idea yet what they entail, we do know they've had people doing new motion capture related to the reworks.

I lean more towards rework, as update might not be sufficient to describe the changes.
I'm just going off what Eric Pope said on the live stream the other day.

But you may be right; these could be more substantial than I'm imagining.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 06:02 AM
While i know It's quite useless and drains all mah stamina, I do like feinting the Offensive Heavy into the Kick, which I then feint into grab. It's panic inducing, but damn near harmless.
Great fun.

Ive actually never done that but Idk. Im just sharing my own point of view. Im more interested in the Kensei changes... and wonder what they are gonna do to my Kensei.

mrmistark
01-23-2018, 06:04 AM
NOOOOO My higherlander is only getting buffed?!

Jeez....

I really dont see what a buff would do unless they are giving a feint to his celtic curse.

I love HL, heís my 2.5 main (only behind shugoki cause I mained him a while back but I play HL more). HL is much stronger than people give him credit for, his only real problems are stamina management in OS, his super slow superior lights which if fixed would make him very dangerous (wish it worked on quicker attacks by tapping light on reaction, it really only works out on fast attacks if they try to go for a parry and you cancel into same side light), and against the rest of the roster has horrible punishes and GB follow up(which I hope becomes balanced and the standard when we finally see the parry changes). If they buff his damage with him having UB heavies in OS and tradable heavies in DS, coupled with his range, could be utterly devastating if you try to be too aggressive or too defensive.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-23-2018, 06:15 AM

The difference being that Berserker hasn't been receiving significant, yet completely uncalled for nerfs such as full block stance being unable to counter guard break. That nerf happened over 4 months ago and was also "justified" by saying that the conqueror reworks were coming soon. 1/3rd of a year later and we've only received yet another huge nerf that nobody asked for. It's ridiculous.

T1brys
01-23-2018, 06:21 AM
Duke pointed it out quicker.. It's total ******** and they keep ****ting on the conq..

I do wonder how a zerk without his feints would enjoy that nerf.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 06:42 AM
I do think Conq should lose the superior block... you know if he blocks a heavy he gets a free GB?

That being said, he needs more moves/abilities.

He needs to be able to REALLY feint his heavies, he needs more combos, better speed on the upper heavy or a bigger damage boost on it.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-23-2018, 06:50 AM
I do think Conq should lose the superior block... you know if he blocks a heavy he gets a free GB?

WOW REALLY????

Of course everyone vaguely competent at the game knows, which is why Conqueror was already garbage since season 1 even with superior block.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 07:09 AM
WOW REALLY????

Of course everyone vaguely competent at the game knows, which is why Conqueror was already garbage since season 1 even with superior block.

If you read the rest of the post, you will notice I also said he needed to be buffed, however, he is already extremely painful to open up.

Again, read the rest. I had called for him to be buffed as well, but the superior block needs to go at the asme time... you know... a rework?

ArchDukeInstinct
01-23-2018, 07:33 AM
If you read the rest of the post, you will notice I also said he needed to be buffed, however, he is already extremely painful to open up.

Again, read the rest. I had called for him to be buffed as well, but the superior block needs to go at the asme time... you know... a rework?

Nobody is saying that the free GB on heavy block doesn't need to go. My point was that it was a largely mediocre trait anyway unlike what you try to infer. Now he doesn't even have this mediocre tool but 0 buffs to compensate. Right because we gotta wait at least another month. Problem is we still have to play with this totally busted classes until then if you haven't pieced it together yet.

As for the rest of your post, it's just a vapid restatement of suggestions already made by numerous others, it's not some new insight that anyone needs to bother responding to, which is why I didn't even quote it.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 07:47 AM
Nobody is saying that the free GB on heavy block doesn't need to go. My point was that it was a largely mediocre trait anyway unlike what you try to infer. Now he doesn't even have this mediocre tool but 0 buffs to compensate. Right because we gotta wait at least another month. Problem is we still have to play with this totally busted classes until then if you haven't pieced it together yet.

As for the rest of your post, it's just a vapid restatement of suggestions already made by numerous others, it's not some new insight that anyone needs to bother responding to, which is why I didn't even quote it.

Its been a while since I touched Conq... did they really remove the superior block?

Wait what is the superior block anyway? Isn't the superior block the free GB on a heavy or am I completely missing the point?

If its the ability to swing a heavy like the warden/Highlanders lights... then no that should stay. Thats legit hard to do.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Its been a while since I touched Conq... did they really remove the superior block?

They removed the passive neutral superior block. It still exists when dodging or on heavy startup.

Wait what is the superior block anyway? Isn't the superior block the free GB on a heavy or am I completely missing the point?

You're right, it does provide the free GB upon blocking a heavy but it's more than just that.
Superior block interrupts heavy attacks, meaning you cannot chain them against a conqueror and as a result of the interruption there's a window where the Conqueror can guard break the opponent without them being able to counter guard break. On a more minor note it also negated any chip damage.

Another result of losing superior block means you can now be interrupted by a heavy canceling your charged heavy (because that really needed to suck more)

If its the ability to swing a heavy like the warden/Highlanders lights... then no that should stay. Thats legit hard to do.

My guess is you that you mean crushing counter? The closest thing would be superior block on heavy startup, which is a 2 frame window on console slightly before the parry timing to block an incoming attack while you simultaneously throw a heavy attack, sometimes being able to hit them before they can recover to block. It's cool to use but it blows in comparison because it won't even work against light attacks (they'll be able to recover from the blocked attack in time) and only works on side heavies because top heavy is too slow and can even be parried.

PanzerShrekonin
01-23-2018, 08:24 AM
They removed the passive neutral superior block. It still exists when dodging or on heavy startup.

You're right, it does provide the free GB upon blocking a heavy but it's more than just that.
Superior block interrupts heavy attacks, meaning you cannot chain them against a conqueror and as a result of the interruption there's a window where the Conqueror can guard break the opponent without them being able to counter guard break. On a more minor note it also negated any chip damage.

Another result of losing superior block means you can now be interrupted by a heavy canceling your charged heavy (because that really needed to suck more)

My guess is you that you mean crushing counter? The closest thing would be superior block on heavy startup, which is a 2 frame window on console slightly before the parry timing to block an incoming attack while you simultaneously throw a heavy attack, sometimes being able to hit them before they can recover to block. It's cool to use but it blows in comparison because it won't even work against light attacks (they'll be able to recover from the blocked attack in time) and only works on side heavies because top heavy is too slow and can even be parried.

Again. I haven't touched Conq in a long time so my knowledge is very limited. xD

Used to main Conq in beta but dont play him anymore.

All I know is, he needs a rework, which he is getting. He should LOSE the GB upon the block, but keep the interrupting the chain.

He also needs buffs for multiple things.

Maxime_Qc-
02-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Look like i was right after all !!!

They nerf it and Now DEAL WITH IT. .. because we got other thing To do

Charmzzz
02-15-2018, 10:43 AM
Look like i was right after all !!!

They nerf it and Now DEAL WITH IT. .. because we got other thing To do

What do you mean exactly? Couldn't find anything special mentioned by you in this thread. Also, maybe try the Reworks before judging?

Halvtand
02-15-2018, 12:03 PM
The only thing with S5 that I know of that can be semi-objectively called a nerf is the parry-mechanic. However, keep in mind that this is something that fans have been screaming about for almost a year now and one of the biggest points in the "def-meta"-rhetoric. If this is what is being referred to then I am only too happy to say "Damn right, deal with it".
Just for context, I am a WL main with a conq sub (looking forward to the new conq). I love playing defensively and the overwhelming advantage the old parry gives is simply too much. The new parry is really less of a change than I was hoping for, but more than I thought we'd get.