PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem Installing

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 01:20 AM
well ive tried to install 3 times now and every time i get a similar error, the first 2 times it was for Whitehouse_b.***
then Whitehouse_b.umd
and now its F_videos_M03
all 3 problems are located in Data5.cab
ive cleaned the disc
ive taken my pc apart, cleaned it, and reassembled
and still it persists, any1 else have/having this problem? better yet does someone have a fix?

heres a pic
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/Anethma_photo/sccproblem.jpg

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 01:20 AM
well ive tried to install 3 times now and every time i get a similar error, the first 2 times it was for Whitehouse_b.***
then Whitehouse_b.umd
and now its F_videos_M03
all 3 problems are located in Data5.cab
ive cleaned the disc
ive taken my pc apart, cleaned it, and reassembled
and still it persists, any1 else have/having this problem? better yet does someone have a fix?

heres a pic
http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss259/Anethma_photo/sccproblem.jpg

KingDaniel0
04-30-2010, 01:41 AM
------------------------------------------------------

This sounds like a bad drive 'Read' error. You need to check the CD/DVD for dirt and/or scratches, and try cleaning it if possible. BUT I think you have already tried doing this ??

Anyways, again check if it does NOT contain too many scratches, else you need to replace it. Also clean your CD/DVD drive with any cleaning disc, you may have. Is the drive configured properly (the Cables etc.) ? And can you run other DVD/CDs from your drive, and install Games/Applications easily ?

Try to COPY all the CD/DVD contents to any Hard Drive's location on your PC, If possible, and install the game from there.

You can also Update the Firmware/driver for the CD/DVD drive, though this won't be necessary. Btw, which Operating System are you using e.g. XP, Vista/7 ? Disabling DMA (Direct Memory Access) under Windows via the Control Panel, can sometimes help overcome such errors.

----------------------------------------------------------------

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
im running vista, ive checked the disc time and time again
its in perfect condition, my pc is COMPLETELY clean and smells like a marker xD

ill try moving the contents of the disc elsewhere and installing without it, but i dont see that doing much good
because every time the problem has been with a file on the disc

broken file on disc, remove file from disc, broken file still remains on pc

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 02:09 AM
i cant even transfer the files from the disc
it stops in data5.cab
so its the information in that file itself causing a problem, GREAT

Ashrien
04-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Take it back to gamestop and get a replacement disc. Your stamped copy is obviously flawed.

It's rare, but it does happen.

G0tchaGood
04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
i live in newzealand so no gamestop here
i bought it from JB hifi
and they have a strict no returns policy (ive tried returning games before, they refuse)

they're policy says that once the purchase has been completed and im happy with the external look of the disc (no scratches, etc) thats it

and trust me, theres nothing i can do, its actually legal for them to refuse the return of a defective disc if the fault isnt they'res

im tryna find sum way to use the cd key for a downloader and just download the damn game

but the UBI downloader requires you to purchase off the site, and im not forking $100 for a game i already own