PDA

View Full Version : +% Production items for non-final items

Raydoovah
01-18-2018, 11:21 PM
So, in Anno 1404 there were items that would increase the Steel Mills production by 25%.
In Anno 2070 you only had items that would improve the "Final Product Plant" production by 25%.

I think that the items that improve any buildings production should be available in Anno 1800, because it adds depth to the game. Having "Steel Mill" islands in 1404, where you would get +150% production on your mills was awesome. And I think it should be possible in 1800 as well.

AgmasGold
01-18-2018, 11:38 PM
I remember having a volcanic island with 7 copper mines churning at 175%, it was the only way I could generate enough copper for spectacles and candlestick production.

Raydoovah
01-18-2018, 11:49 PM
Exactly! Can't do that in 2070.

iruet
01-19-2018, 08:01 PM
I remember in AO being +1 and +2 buffs, this would use the same amount of recources, but produce double (+1) or triple (+2) the amount you would actually get. This currently (till the 31st this is usabele...) still is really usefull for buildings later on in the production lines. One of my guildmates made a comparison of the difference between +1 and 200% (18hrs) buff. In short it was so that the plus buff on buildings which are very slow in producing can speed those buildings up to 500%...

So yeah, both pls ^^

ruuti0
01-19-2018, 09:17 PM
In 2070 Ark had Politics option which had 4 kind of options (depending on Party) you could for short time being have
25% less energy comsuption on production buildings or improve construction time on academic research, I liked this kind of options.

I hope we get similar possibility (and Ark or something like Ark) to 1800. Of course they should be adapted to 1800 timeline.

Items for production boost are okay too. I think these options give more strategies to play Anno and mastering them can make real different who come top on multiplayer games! (Depending of course how they are added if they are, effect can be either weak, medium or strong depending on how they are added to game)

iruet
01-19-2018, 10:32 PM
It would be nice to have several kind of boosts yes, maybe something per civilication tier? Like having fish boosts for the lowest, steak or something related to wine for the last one, with increased time per buff. The options you list above are usefull, but only for a short amount of time, while with boosts you can let it running for weeks (you only need to rebuff that building).

Raydoovah
01-19-2018, 10:54 PM
@ruuti0 Imo the Ark boosts were pointless and non interactive, I don't think I used them much in my experience.
But you're right. Having the item buying menu simillar to Anno 1404 would be glorious.

@iruet -tha'ts how they worked in 1404. You would go to an NPC, and you had multiple tiers you could select from and each had their own items.

iruet
01-19-2018, 11:32 PM
@iruet -tha'ts how they worked in 1404. You would go to an NPC, and you had multiple tiers you could select from and each had their own items.

In Anno-Online you can produce them yourself ^^ and if a friend boosts you, you get +50% efficiency (longer period that the buff takes before completion, so 12 hr boosts become 18hr boosts).

I would love to see such a feature in 1800 :)

AgmasGold
01-20-2018, 12:30 PM
But that assumes I have friends!! But seriously, I don't want 1800 to turn into an MMO, having increased item options a la 1404, is definitely something desirable. I feel like if you can produce some of the simple items yourself then that would be alright, but definitely keep the rare items rare, and have them not be able to be created by the player.

I would really like to see some super rare items like from 1404, things like the Cathedral Master Builder (which I never found in all my time playing) and some of the ship captains.

ruuti0
01-20-2018, 01:34 PM
@ruuti0 Imo the Ark boosts were pointless and non interactive, I don't think I used them much in my experience.
But you're right. Having the item buying menu simillar to Anno 1404 would be glorious.

What you mean with that they were pointless? Or non interactive?

I admit they didn't effect that long, but in multiplayer games I found them many times very useful.

And I didn't talk anything about items buying menu in 1404. What you meant with it?

iruet
01-20-2018, 02:54 PM
But that assumes I have friends!! But seriously, I don't want 1800 to turn into an MMO, having increased item options a la 1404, is definitely something desirable. I feel like if you can produce some of the simple items yourself then that would be alright, but definitely keep the rare items rare, and have them not be able to be created by the player.

I would really like to see some super rare items like from 1404, things like the Cathedral Master Builder (which I never found in all my time playing) and some of the ship captains.

Actually it doesn't... It gives you the ability to let someone else help you if you want that to happen (that won't work in the base game though). But it is a nice addition to the mp version. It can allow you to colaborate more with the other persons in that session. If you don't want to do so. In the end it is your choice how you want to play :)

Rare itmes, yeah that might be nice, but what has that to do with this buff thread? :D

Raydoovah
01-20-2018, 07:43 PM
@ruuti0

You just clicked the button every time you needed it. Then you had a passive boost. And the boosts were cool, but mostly pointless imo (the production ones were useful ofc, but the energy/ecobalance ones? meh).
I didn't play MP so maybe I don't know some scenario's they're useful

Regarding the selling menu, In Anno 1404 the item Buying menu was separated into civ levels, which you could refresh separately. But maybe I was rpelying to someone else with that, so please ignore if that's the case

ruuti0
01-21-2018, 11:56 AM
@ruuti0

You just clicked the button every time you needed it. Then you had a passive boost. And the boosts were cool, but mostly pointless imo (the production ones were useful ofc, but the energy/ecobalance ones? meh).
I didn't play MP so maybe I don't know some scenario's they're useful

Regarding the selling menu, In Anno 1404 the item Buying menu was separated into civ levels, which you could refresh separately. But maybe I was rpelying to someone else with that, so please ignore if that's the case

Few examples of 2070 politics that are useful in multiplayer games (some more than others):

1) For example you can have 50% more fire power to all all aircrafts and all submarines, very useful when used same time as you attack (or defend against) enemy.

2) 5000 credits created, very useful in begin of game.

3) -25% maintaince cost on some buildings, very useful, help you safe money fast or if you are making negative income, this can help change it to positive

4) Academy / labs constraction time cut 50%, if war has started and you need some firepower boosters from example from uverisity/lab faster, this can change out come of war

5) Improves all your ships +50% speed, +50% attack power, very useful during war

6) +300 better ecobalance, give you time to build better ecobalance if you make some mistakes

7) immediate dispatch of a shipment to your warehouse (goods that you selected), very useful for example if you have to get new items to get some new factory types etc.

8) improves all defence turrets +250% and 30% attack range, very useful if your island(s) are attacked

9) reduces the influeces needed to carry out agreement, useful if you need something from NPC(s)

AgmasGold
01-21-2018, 03:30 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing whether or not they were useful, as they obviously were. I think (at least my reading of it) the main problem is that it was just clicking a button when you needed the buff, which isn't very satisfying or fulfilling from a game play point of view. I mean sure, you needed the licenses, but it just felt a bit... easy.

Even a clickable-buff item that needed to be found and bought from an NPC, the fact that there was no guarantee that the NPC would have stocked that particular item, and the player then had to find it and buy it - it just adds that little bit extra game play and sense of satisfaction. I am all for global buffs, as long as there is some RNG or intermediate step involved in its activation - with the 2070 world council and senate buffs, you knew what you were getting before you got into the game.

Just having the buffs not be 100% guaranteed and making sure they are not absolutely known before entering the game I feel adds more game play value.

ruuti0
01-21-2018, 05:52 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing whether or not they were useful, as they obviously were. I think (at least my reading of it) the main problem is that it was just clicking a button when you needed the buff, which isn't very satisfying or fulfilling from a game play point of view. I mean sure, you needed the licenses, but it just felt a bit... easy.

Even a clickable-buff item that needed to be found and bought from an NPC, the fact that there was no guarantee that the NPC would have stocked that particular item, and the player then had to find it and buy it - it just adds that little bit extra game play and sense of satisfaction. I am all for global buffs, as long as there is some RNG or intermediate step involved in its activation - with the 2070 world council and senate buffs, you knew what you were getting before you got into the game.

Just having the buffs not be 100% guaranteed and making sure they are not absolutely known before entering the game I feel adds more game play value.

Raydoovah clearly said that he felt that political boosts where pointless and I was thinking different, so thats why I made those points.

I agree with you that it would be stupid if you could just clicking a button and get every boost free, but in real life situations they cost licences and getting licences meant that you have to buy them or get them as reward from NPC missions. All those actions are away from somehwere else. You have to think that for example do you rather want more turrets to your islands, build warships, use gold(money) to develope your cities OR use gold/money to buy licences. Also usually you have to use ships to get NPC missions done and those ships were away from your defending fleet that time. Licenses do not come free, if you get them, you get something else less than you would otherwise. You have to practically do risk-analysis if you want to go for them. For example if there is big risk that opponent attack early, it smarter to make warships and turrets (and develope what ever they need) rather than focus on getting licences, if opponent do not like attacking early (or at all), it can be smarter to focus getting some licences too in early game.

Raydoovah
01-22-2018, 04:52 PM
Few examples of 2070 politics that are useful in multiplayer games (some more than others):

1) For example you can have 50% more fire power to all all aircrafts and all submarines, very useful when used same time as you attack (or defend against) enemy.

2) 5000 credits created, very useful in begin of game.

3) -25% maintaince cost on some buildings, very useful, help you safe money fast or if you are making negative income, this can help change it to positive

4) Academy / labs constraction time cut 50%, if war has started and you need some firepower boosters from example from uverisity/lab faster, this can change out come of war

5) Improves all your ships +50% speed, +50% attack power, very useful during war

6) +300 better ecobalance, give you time to build better ecobalance if you make some mistakes

7) immediate dispatch of a shipment to your warehouse (goods that you selected), very useful for example if you have to get new items to get some new factory types etc.

8) improves all defence turrets +250% and 30% attack range, very useful if your island(s) are attacked

9) reduces the influeces needed to carry out agreement, useful if you need something from NPC(s)

Point taken. They can be useful in MP.

But they're still not very interactive imo. The ecobalance ones sound cool, but ehh

banan1996.1996
01-24-2018, 09:04 PM
I will focus on productivity boosting items since initially that was the topic :D
I also want to have items which can boost production of all goods, also those non-final ones. The problem is that I almost always used only this kind of items in Anno 1404 and 2070. There were only few other items that seemed to be good enough to replace those productivity-boosters. When you start producing massive quantities of certain goods those items are just too powerful and there's no strong alternative. I think their impact should be weaker, something like 10-15% instead of 25%.

Raydoovah
01-25-2018, 04:30 PM
I will focus on productivity boosting items since initially that was the topic :D
I also want to have items which can boost production of all goods, also those non-final ones. The problem is that I almost always used only this kind of items in Anno 1404 and 2070. There were only few other items that seemed to be good enough to replace those productivity-boosters. When you start producing massive quantities of certain goods those items are just too powerful and there's no strong alternative. I think their impact should be weaker, something like 10-15% instead of 25%.

If you have an island with +150% production, it's lategame, and being OP is fine. As long as everybody is OP.

AgmasGold
01-25-2018, 08:54 PM
If everyone is overpowered, then no one is overpowered :).

iruet
01-26-2018, 08:27 PM

I disagree on lowering the overall impact... Especially since everyone can use it (if they want) and it is usefull later on, like when you want to supply everything, but you barely manage to survive without buffs :)